Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Seriously holy poo poo Ness was one of my least favorite characters in Melee and Brawl and now all of a sudden he's loving gonzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Dedede is so good now. Gordo mindgames all day

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kikka posted:

Dedede is so good now. Gordo mindgames all day

my love for fast characters is suddenly under strain by this heavy blue lover. why must he be so sultry and sexy! :negative:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Wow sonic is really really bad.

Kirby still owns as usual.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Samus plays well. I've had to adjust though because her grappling beam only works with the L-trigger, and I'm so used to for years using R-trigger for it.

edit: I didn't realize you could re-map buttons... that'll fix that!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ike is still the best and I love it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

People who are hyping up Ness gimme some tips. From what I played of him so far he didn't really stand out as that different from Brawl and I'd love to be proven wrong.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

How many of you goons are playing as Hitler? I am, you should too.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
There are so many characters I've not even had a chance to get a grip with anyone yet. And online has shown me just how poo poo I am at Smash Bros.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Gang up on all self insert Mii characters all loving day.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Can't wait to get home, load it up, beat the game once as Bowser, and spend the rest of the time playing the One True Bro

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Little Mac's the best person to just pick up and wreck on some poor dude with. Seems like a number of people don't realize his smashes can absorb a hit. :getin:

RBA Starblade posted:

How's Samus (and ZSS) compared to Brawl?
Not too sure about Samus, but ZSS has a number of changes. Her Up-B is now a vertical rocket kick (that can kill), her side smash is a good 1-2 rocket kick, side-B isn't the best for kills, and I found that moves like her F-air and up smash are just easier to land. She's one of my most improved, from what little I've played!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This game is good but Nintendo is still a bunch of assholes for getting me to spend 40 bucks on a game I'll never play after three months when the console version comes out.

Brother Entropy posted:

People who are hyping up Ness gimme some tips. From what I played of him so far he didn't really stand out as that different from Brawl and I'd love to be proven wrong.

PK Fire is still amazing, the throws are super great killing moves again, his down air kick is crazy fast and still powerful, even the yoyo is really good now.

Basically all of Ness' moves are as good as they've ever been except maybe the back air, which I've been having some trouble landing (it still kills at low percents though).

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 3, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rhycool posted:

Little Mac's the best person to just pick up and wreck on some poor dude with. Seems like a number of people don't realize his smashes can absorb a hit. :getin:

Not too sure about Samus, but ZSS has a number of changes. Her Up-B is now a vertical rocket kick (that can kill), her side smash is a good 1-2 rocket kick, side-B isn't the best for kills, and I found that moves like her F-air and up smash are just easier to land. She's one of my most improved, from what little I've played!

Cool, most of my kills with ZSS were just wearing the opponent down then flip kicking all day. I'll probably pick the game up later after giving it a try on a friend's 3DS to see if I like the controls. It has download play right?

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
No download play, but there's a free demo that can interact with other demos if you wanna try it out.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So uh... my copy of the game did not come with a club Nintendo code. Like nothing in the case but the gamecard and the fold-out/manual.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chaltab posted:

So uh... my copy of the game did not come with a club Nintendo code. Like nothing in the case but the gamecard and the fold-out/manual.

Check the back of the cover

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
I am an idiot thank you CoolGuy.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Does anyone else miss the months leading up to this game when you convinced yourself wifi would be playable and even the main attraction in the game?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
How does Nosferatu work? Does it heal for the last damage dealt by Robin?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

How does Nosferatu work? Does it heal for the last damage dealt by Robin?

It's a grab that damages an enemy and heals you for the same amount. I'm fairly certain you get out earlier if you're mashing, or something.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Also it does more damage when you attack from behind.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Endorph posted:

i think that gets you banned

I believe It should. This was a legitimate question, no?

Aside from that, I've been unlocking characters all day. Little Mac is the best fighter for me so far, his punches are through the roof, and the KO punch is difficultto connect. Still waitin to get Bowser Jr. Is he as great as everyone makes him out to be? Cant wait to smash with everyone. Will post friend code once I unlock everyone. (Is there a friendcode topic?) Thanks all!

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I am terrible and struggling to get a 10 hit combo in training. Is there an easy way to cheese this?

Edit: as soon as I posted I did it with Kirby in the boxing ring by just mashing A while the opponent was against a wall.

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 3, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know what to think about Palutena. I want to like her but I guess I don't understand how to use her well.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Asnorban posted:

I am terrible and struggling to get a 10 hit combo in training. Is there an easy way to cheese this?

Yes. Using items adds to the combo count, so go nuts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I convinced a friend of mine who works as an assistant manager at a GameStop to throw a launch day tournament and I came in second. :v: I also learned that Little Mac is legitimately a bona fide shitwrecker, which makes me happy because he is the one character I've been super hyped about. :allears: The only thing that messes me up is his side-B throwing you into recovery if you don't land on anything solid, which has flat out killed me a lot, but I'm having a blast overall.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

How do you unlock outfits? I have played for a long time and haven't seen any.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Wait so you all are successfully connecting online with random people?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Chernabog posted:

How do you unlock outfits? I have played for a long time and haven't seen any.

For your Miis? I've gotten a bunch through classic mode.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

KingSlime posted:

I did pretty fine. Got a nice 4 way FFA, then someone left and a guy joined with a McDonalds connection and lagged it all up.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

KingSlime posted:

For a given value of 'successfully', yes.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I've been unable to connect to a single match and have the update. I also can spectate just fine. Wonder what's up?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

KingSlime posted:

Yeah, though it can get pretty laggy and I've lost the connection once. In some lobbies, though, it was actually really playable. It's just dependent on everyone's upload speed, probably, and one person's bad connection will ruin it for everyone else.

On another note: I am really digging Smash Run, but I'm a little upset that the game chooses the parameters of the final battle for you. It's like it doesn't trust us with the responsibility -- or want us to play for more than a minute with our boosts.

Unless it's an option that unlocks later, like extra rules or random stage switches. That'd be nice.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

KingSlime posted:

Yup, no problems.

At around 5pm I had a little lag in a few matches, but nothing too bad.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

KingSlime posted:

I've been unable to connect to a single match and have the update. I also can spectate just fine. Wonder what's up?

Same, found out you just need to keep trying, takes me about 6-7 attempts to get past that error message.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Fair word of warning for those taking on the last form of the secret boss in classic mode. They will have the same equipment that you put on your character including special effects like regen.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Shelf Adventure posted:

Yup, no problems.

At around 5pm I had a little lag in a few matches, but nothing too bad.

Well ain't this a load of poo poo. Oh well, I have some work to do. Hopefully the servers will stabilize by tonight.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

Fair word of warning for those taking on the last form of the secret boss in classic mode. They will have the same equipment that you put on your character including special effects like regen.

Oh man that secret boss was rad. I thought I knew everything important since I had seen the character list but he came outta nowhere. Kicked my rear end like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If I get Pit and Palutena on the same team can I make them have goofy dialogue

• Locked thread