Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harlock posted:

You basically make a throwaway account and buy an item on it. Two people can have it active on their PS4s. That's the long and short of it. It existed with PS3s, but isn't as popularized for PS4.

Not at all like the thing you're thinking of.

PS4 sharing doesn't work with throwaways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

nate fisher posted:

I lost the dongle for the Gold Wireless headset, and it looks like Sony's answer is buy another Gold Wireless headset. Is there a non-Sony dongle I can use?

Sadly, not that I found. I had the same issue and was upset Sony doesn't at least sell them separately from their support site. I bought another set on sale and now I've got a Gold headset and the precursor PS3 headset with only one dongle. :argh:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Aphrodite posted:

PS4 sharing doesn't work with throwaways.
You have to make it your primary when created, but you can log out of it and back into your your main profile and never log into it again.

PS4 sharing does work though. I've been doing it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harlock posted:

Yeah, this will be a thing again when PS5 comes out as long as they stick to a PC platform. It'll easy running PS4 games on basically an upgraded PC/PS5.

Don't count on it.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
I figured Shadow of Mordor deserves a tip for delivering without the hype and the devs were pretty cool and upfront about their product, and that deserves a little somin, somin. Season pass it is..

A fine pipe, a pouch of Ol'toby and Shadow of Mordor, goons tonight... Tonight....Will be a night to remember...

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Alien: Isolation review from Eurogamer, 8/10: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-03-alien-isolation-review

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ugh now I want this so bad. Sounds like everything I was hoping. My wallet can't handle this month.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Where is the Driveclub hype?

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Alien reviews via Reddit:

Matacritic -- 80
Eurogamer -- 8/10
Joystiq -- 4/5
Gameinformer -- 7.75/10
Escapist -- 4.5/5
CVG -- 8/10
IGN -- 5.9/10
Polygon -- 6.5/10
PCGamer -- 93/100
Videogamer -- 9/10
Gamespot -- 6/10
Destructoid -- 8.5/10
TheSixthAxis -- 9/10
TheGaurdian -- 5/5
Gamesradar -- 4.5/5
Gamezone -- 7/10
RPS -- no score. Overall positive
TheVerge -- no score. Overall positive
Gametrailers -- 7.4/10
Venturebeat -- 83/100
Gamestm -- 9/10
Metro -- 7/10
Empire -- 5/5

Polarizing to say the least...

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Winkie01 posted:

Where is the Driveclub hype?

I drive and commute to work everyday, not sure I'm hyped to get home and do it again.... still never been a racer gamer.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Driveclub LOOKS amazing, but I never found any reason to hype myself up over it because I'm gonna get to try it out anyway no risk. I will like it or hate it, but either way I will find out for myself.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

NESguerilla posted:

Ugh now I want this so bad. Sounds like everything I was hoping. My wallet can't handle this month.

The IGN review is hilarious as a counterpoint: "In this stealth game I had to hide in closets and crouch walk and turn off lights a lot where are the guns?!? 4/10"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Purdy

Best not to crash if you get motion sickness. You'll at least get some sick drifting bonuses for doing so!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Jimbot posted:

Purdy

Best not to crash if you get motion sickness. You'll at least get some sick drifting bonuses for doing so!
Holy poo poo. Remove the HUD and it would look real.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Im not much for sim-like racers ( more of a burnout fan ) but dang Driveclub makes me want to give it a whirl, just for the graphics. I want a Burnout with this level of fidelity now.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Manac0r posted:

Alien reviews via Reddit:

Matacritic -- 80
Eurogamer -- 8/10
Joystiq -- 4/5
Gameinformer -- 7.75/10
Escapist -- 4.5/5
CVG -- 8/10
IGN -- 5.9/10
Polygon -- 6.5/10
PCGamer -- 93/100
Videogamer -- 9/10
Gamespot -- 6/10
Destructoid -- 8.5/10
TheSixthAxis -- 9/10
TheGaurdian -- 5/5
Gamesradar -- 4.5/5
Gamezone -- 7/10
RPS -- no score. Overall positive
TheVerge -- no score. Overall positive
Gametrailers -- 7.4/10
Venturebeat -- 83/100
Gamestm -- 9/10
Metro -- 7/10
Empire -- 5/5

Polarizing to say the least...

Considering Gamespot, IGN, and Polygon (whose infamous review of Destiny remarked that there are only 4 PVP maps) are the only dissenters, I think it's safe to say the game is good and worth buying.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

bloodychill posted:

Considering Gamespot, IGN, and Polygon (whose infamous review of Destiny remarked that there are only 4 PVP maps) are the only dissenters, I think it's safe to say the game is good and worth buying.

I like your logic....

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

I'm pretty sure that's an option. Like, not 100%, but like 85% sure.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

bloodychill posted:

All 3 low reviews say the same thing - that the game is overlong, and that the game's weak plot yanks the player around the station well past the point of being interesting, and that they felt the Alien's relatively unscripted nature started out as a boon but ended as a hindrance as they were forced to wait under desks or in lockers for minutes at a time while it prowled around the room.

1 of them said they felt like the Alien AI was cheating, as though the Alien was rubber-banded to the player's area.
1 of them said they felt like they were put in situations where death was "unavoidable".
1 of them said they felt like the game's new mechanics were poorly explained and sometimes nonsensical.

So there you go. That's a pretty decent picture of things that might bug you, the hypothetical gamer.

Also, criticize authors, not outlets.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

IGN and Gamespot's reviews have largely been such garbage for so long in regards to both AAA and indie/small titles that it's hard to differentiate between the authors and the outlets themselves. My best experience these days has come from reading trip reports from goons with similar taste to my own.

edit: for example, I have hard time trusting just those lines because was death actually unavoidable or does the reviewer just suck at stealth games? Is it actually a slow game or does the reviewer have ADD compounded by a huge log of games to review? I don't know. I don't feel like looking in depth into the author's history to see either.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 3, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Kevin Van Ord dude at gamespot isn't half bad. Otherwise I don't even bother with reviews from either of those sites.

Edit: ha didn't even notice he was the one that reviewed it poorly. Still sounds like it's good a good game that might run some people the wrong way.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
For the record I already played through and watched The left behind DLC back on ps3. I was just wondered if I should grind out the last couple of little trophies for it, including just an easy run through.

I mean I have like 12 days or so, before the Evil Within comes out.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 3, 2014

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Here's someone streaming retail driveclub right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/frnan11

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Scyron posted:

For the record I already played through and watched The left behind DLC back on ps3. I was just wondered if I should grind out the last couple of little trophies for it, including just an easy run through.

I mean I have like 12 days or so, before the Evil Within comes out.

I'm kind of surprised you played enough of of the mp to get those all those trophies and still want to get rid of it. That poo poo owns.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I really want to enjoy drive club, but I bet the 10 or so cars PS+ edition will include will be poopy. I hope I am wrong, but if I am right, then I still have Forza 3 ready to go.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm kind of surprised you played enough of of the mp to get those all those trophies and still want to get rid of it. That poo poo owns.

I like gears a lot more, lot lot more. I also enjoy Uncharted far far more, and would just rather play those third person shootmans, if I am going to play against other humans. Don't get me wrong when the game started finally clicking with me, it was pretty fun, but that goes without saying, playing with goons and using headphone comms helps a ton. Playing with pubs and no one communicated was as frustrating as any MOBA.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 3, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jimbot posted:

Purdy

And the car is still good!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm a little bummed by how euro centric the Driveclub car selection seems, I don't think I've seen a single car from the US/Japan.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
A realistic racing game without a Skyline/GTR? Well I never :monocle:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Pro tip: don't read anything on Polygon that wasn't written by a McElroy or Danielle Reindeau. Because holy poo poo is the rest of their staff God awful

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
DriveClub can play as good as it looks. It has a good chance at it. We're used to 30fps meaning something choppy with low response times, things have gone a way since Crysis brought good enhancing motion-blur in back in 2007.

I'd be happier if there were better prices on wheel and pedals. Rumours of something coming to make Logitech G27 etc compatible with the PS4 despite the security chip business, maybe a firmware update in it.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

SLOSifl posted:

The Cameo posted:

I'm pretty sure that's an option. Like, not 100%, but like 85% sure.

You can, on the official PlayStation stream yesterday they showed you can drop the HUD to 0% opacity so nothing shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harlock posted:

You have to make it your primary when created, but you can log out of it and back into your your main profile and never log into it again.

PS4 sharing does work though. I've been doing it.

That should only work for one machine, the throwaway's primary.

Anyone else has to be logged into the share account to get access to its stuff.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Purdy

I love the terrifying faceless guy just standing around at the end.

Did he do it?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
It's like I went to sleep and woke up in a world where licensed games weren't all terrible low-effort cash-grabs. What's going on?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Peel posted:

I love the terrifying faceless guy just standing around at the end.

Did he do it?

Driveclub is a Slenderman game

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bloodychill posted:

A realistic racing game without a FORTYSkyline/GTR? Well I never :monocle:

Fixed that for you.

After all the GT japan-lust, I don't think I mind the lack...

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I'm a little bummed by how euro centric the Driveclub car selection seems, I don't think I've seen a single car from the US/Japan.

There are going to be additional free and paid cars, did they say what they are? Was hoping for the 2015 Corvette.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Feenix posted:

Fixed that for you.

well you see this skyline is different than the other 39 because the 2nd gear ratio is slightly adjusted and it's a deeper shade of blue and the description clearly marks it as the 2002 special edition s version

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Would anyone complain about GT cutting its car list to a third if they made sure all the survivors were HD models?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Feenix posted:

Fixed that for you.

The answer is obviously to have one Skyline, not zero. :(

• Locked thread