Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Monkey Man posted:

Sorry, only quality anime like Highschool DxD get third seasons.

Phi Brain got a third season too and it had 100% less PLOT than that series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Second episode of Tarraformars is censored so badly it might as well be a radio broadcast, probably best to skip it at least until the BD versions are out, unless you're really desperate for racist bugmans.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sakurazuka posted:

Second episode of Tarraformars is censored so badly it might as well be a radio broadcast, probably best to skip it at least until the BD versions are out, unless you're really desperate for racist bugmans.

The censoring is kind of hilarious with the black bars flying around and obscuring huge portions of the screen.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gimme pics of flying censor bars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was really awful in the first episode and if it's even worse going forward I'll probably stop watching it

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It was really awful in the first episode and if it's even worse going forward I'll probably stop watching it

It's probably not a good idea to encourage Terraformars in the first place. Sets a bad precedent. Not judging anyone who keeps watching for ironic reasons, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It also sounds like the show is going to have a messy production since there are already a billion animation directors and whatnot. Between that and the censoring it's probably best to wait for the blu-rays.

I guess a rough production schedule is another thing it will have in common with Attack on Titan :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There is nothing wrong with liking the cool bug fact series. Shame about the censoring though.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Garo: The anime was ok, the armors are at least very nicely animated but about a quarter of the episode was spent on two naked people lying in bed and talking. Oh and Garo is some goofy looking teenager :shrug:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if this is the right place to ask it, but what's a good order to watch/read Yozokura Quartet in? I missed it a couple seasons ago, but remember there was something weird about the ordering of things.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bakanogami posted:

Dunno if this is the right place to ask it, but what's a good order to watch/read Yozokura Quartet in? I missed it a couple seasons ago, but remember there was something weird about the ordering of things.

The manga can be read normally, ignore the TV series from a few years ago, it's an original thing and bad. The recent shows it where it gets complicated, basically the three part OAV (Hoshi no Umi) takes place between episodes 8 and 9 of the recent TV series (Hana no Uta) and then there's current OAV (Tsuki ni Naku) which I haven't seen yet and I think takes place after the TV series.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The most recent anime is a remake of the previous one just better animated with a cleaner art style. The only issue is that between ep8 and ep9 an OVA occurs that introduces a new character. So if you dont watch it you'll be confused as to who she is.

The ova is called YQ, Hoshi no Umi.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
"I can't understand what my husband is saying" is actually kind of funny. I laughed at it more than the bookstore anime even though it's only 10% as long. To be fair I was a bit sick when watching the non-adventures of moe-blob doujin clerks, but it still seemed remarkably unengaging.

e: I remembered while lying in bed that "I'm a panda, you're a reindeer", from the sommelier session, cracked me up. So bookstore anime wasn't completely unfunny.

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 4, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There is nothing wrong with liking the cool bug fact series. Shame about the censoring though.

I'll just wait for Arachnid to be adapted into an anime for my bug facts.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Racist bug anime is gonna be so drat fun when the BDs come out.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The non-combat stuff is almost as bad. Bug facts are tolerable, but the rest of that looked like no-effort filler.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

cooldude2.0 posted:

To be fair I was a bit sick when watching the non-adventures of moe-blob doujin clerks, but it still seemed remarkably unengaging.
I agree though, it seemed to just kind of mush together inoffensive moe/slice of life stuff, but it was pretty formulaic with the characters and their interaction. It was just kinda not that interesting, and none of the jokes did anything outside the box.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's actually really good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vanadis wasn't as terrible as it sounded but wasn't good either, I'll probably carry on watching it until it drops off the the bottom of my stuff I give a poo poo about list, which is likely to be soon.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Usually at the start of season I wait until the first weekend for a bunch of mediocre shows to pile up and marathon them all in one go (Using skip liberally if they seriously suck) to see if I actually give a crap about any of them but nothing has aired so far I'm even vaguely interested in so eh, maybe later.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just watched the live airing of Cross Ange, and, uh...it's quite something.

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

Just watched the live airing of Cross Ange, and, uh...it's quite something.

On a scale of one to Jimmy Saville, how rapey was it?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What would be higher than Valvrave?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

What would be higher than Valvrave?

Considering Valvrave had an actual rape in it, I'd think it would be pretty hard to top.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Apparently the OP is a giant... um, homage (is it a homage if it's the same guy?) to SEED.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Joshlemagne posted:

Considering Valvrave had an actual rape in it, I'd think it would be pretty hard to top.

Instead, we get Cross Ange with a this-is-totally-not-rape-guys-but-we-want-you-to-imagine-it-is angle and openly using it as fanservice.

This is actually more tasteless and trashy by all indications so far. I don't know who will stick around to watch this, but it won't be me.

wielder fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 4, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

wielder posted:

Instead, we get Cross Ange with a this-is-totally-not-rape-guys-but-we-want-you-to-imagine-it-is angle and openly using it as fanservice.

This is actually more tasteless and trashy by all indications so far. I don't know who will stick around to watch this, but it won't be me.

Back to that article, "MadMage" made this stunning comment to address your points:

"I responded specifically to the author's contention that, 'Rape is not arousal. Rape should not be used as a fanservice tool.', which I felt is a flawed point - many men and women find the idea of rape [among consenting adults] to be arousing. The author finding it objectionable does not make it 'wrong'; many people would tell you that anal sex without the rape aspect is wrong because they find it morally reprehensible."

yeah, you kinkshaming degernerate

coathat
May 21, 2007

Today's Seven Seas announcement is another good one. Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto is coming stateside next August. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-04/seven-seas-adds-award-winning-havent-you-heard-im-sakamoto-manga/.79405

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Joshlemagne posted:

Well, at the end of the first episode the lead gets anally fisted in what amounts to prison, and this was fairly clearly shot in an attempt to arouse rather than horrify. The lead is sixteen.

So if it doesn't top Valvrave it's pretty loving close.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
With episode two I start think that Terra Formars suffers from its censorship. Is it at a kid-friendly timeslot or something?

Karenk Senki ep2, ignoring the CG fanservice I think it's an interesting and highly refreshing tale of postwar robots-take-over-earth action/uprising. It's just that it'll need a whole season to expand. Plenty of stuff in its two ten minute episodes this far but it needs way more.

Log Horison 2 is as filling as rice and just as plain, doesn't insult viewer intelligence like another stuck-in-VRMMO series so I'll probably watch it as filler because surely they'll leave the game some day right?

Vanadis jumps straight into the action handling chapter 2-6 in the first episode. Falls into a few cliches that I wish had been avoided, surprised me with being viewable and enjoyable. Rather seen Misumaruka Koukoku Monogatari animated but this could be quite alright, if it sticks to being tasteful and avoids filling in with fanservice.

Ushinawareta had more development in its first episode than the whole season of Glasslip. If it goes an interesting tasteful route I'll happily watch it but with that ending I don't know. Low-budget visuals.

FSNUBW seems flat out fine, absolutely great clean visuals, could serve as a good introductory series to the whole franchise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Log horizon never had anything to do with vr and no, they probably aren't leaving any time soon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

coathat posted:

Today's Seven Seas announcement is another good one. Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto is coming stateside next August. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-04/seven-seas-adds-award-winning-havent-you-heard-im-sakamoto-manga/.79405

Holy gently caress I'm hype for this. They better have a cheesy voice over explaining all of Sakamoto's skills :allears:

If anyone didn't read Skamoto Desu Ga? they need to do so like right now.

VV Curb my dreams with reality why don't you :(

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 4, 2014

coathat
May 21, 2007

You might want to read that one more time.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

Well, at the end of the first episode the lead gets anally fisted in what amounts to prison, and this was fairly clearly shot in an attempt to arouse rather than horrify. The lead is sixteen.

So if it doesn't top Valvrave it's pretty loving close.

I've never watched any Sunrise/Gundam animes. Are they usually even remotely this creepy and bad?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Some gundam series have it worse than others but generally speaking no, they're not especially heavy on the fanservice or other creepy stuff.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh jesus crist what

i don't know if I want to even attempt Cross Ange now, I figured at the very least it might be dumb pretty fun with kickin rad motorcycle mechs but prison rape is not what I signed up for

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

I've never watched any Sunrise/Gundam animes. Are they usually even remotely this creepy and bad?

You've never even seen something like Cowboy Bebop?

(Sunrise is a huuuge studio that is constantly putting out a lot every year)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

MrLonghair posted:

With episode two I start think that Terra Formars suffers from its censorship. Is it at a kid-friendly timeslot or something?
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/?o=ET
12:30AM
~buy the bds~

aers
Feb 15, 2012

the real reason Terraformars is censored is because the studio hasn't actually animated those parts yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

• Locked thread