Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

8one6 posted:

This would be perfect casting, which is why it's not going to happen.
He would also be a perfect Ra's Al Ghul, I mean he's already voiced him before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Yes. This poo poo. This right here.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yes. This poo poo. This right here.

Seriously, is there a reason this is isn't happening? Is he tied up with something?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Honestly, Marvel probably wants someone who's not huge, but is still a name that someone will recognize. I don't think they want to open a major movie about basically a wizard who is also a doctor starring "guy from last season of Game of Thrones."

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Honestly, Marvel probably wants someone who's not huge, but is still a name that someone will recognize. I don't think they want to open a major movie about basically a wizard who is also a doctor starring "guy from last season of Game of Thrones.""most badass character on the show that George R. R. Martin is a fucker for wasting"

I mean I'd read the books, but he plays the character so well you couldn't help but root for him all the same.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Honestly, Marvel probably wants someone who's not huge, but is still a name that someone will recognize. I don't think they want to open a major movie about basically a wizard who is also a doctor starring "guy from last season of Game of Thrones."

At this point I would think Marvel has built up enough of a brand that they can afford to cast someone a little more obscure to save money and lock them in for more movies. "Name" actors are going to want more money while not wanting to lock themselves in for 9 drat movies.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Tom Cruise IS Dr Strange IN Dr Strange

Coming this summer

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

Honestly, Marvel probably wants someone who's not huge, but is still a name that someone will recognize.

Pauly Shore for Doctor Strange.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Welcome to my list of people I might have to punch in the face one day.

I don't even hate Ethan Hawke, I just think he'd be a terrible Dr. Strange. Is their criteria at this point just "White people who don't look horrendous with a goatee." In that case they should just get Robert Downey Jr again, it'd be a whole new game if they recast the same actor as a new character in the same franchise.

Ethan Hawke is so forgettable, people overlook that he's the #2 lead in Training Day.

Dead Snoopy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 4, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dead Snoopy posted:

Ethan Hawker is so forgettable, people overlook that he's the #2 lead in Training Day.

At this point I'm in the Idris Elba for Dr. Strange camp. Of course I also want him to play Hamlet, something else Ethan Hawke was a poor casting choice for.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
David Duchovny for Doctor Strange.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

morestuff posted:

Daniel Radcliffe

Daniel Radcliffe in flashbacks to med school, Jon Hamm in current day.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Baron von Eevl posted:

Chris Pratt wasn't well known, nor was Chris Hemsworth.

Basically they should get someone called Chris, since it's working out for them.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Basically they should get someone called Chris, since it's working out for them.

Chris Pratt had been an increasingly prominent character in a successful TV show. Hemsworth was an unknown, however. The thing is, the name Thor is in the lexicon, so it sells itself a little more.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Chris Rock for Dr. Strange

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dead Snoopy posted:

Chris Rock for Dr. Strange

Kanye for Dr. Strange.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Snowman_McK posted:

Chris Pratt had been an increasingly prominent character in a successful TV show. Hemsworth was an unknown, however. The thing is, the name Thor is in the lexicon, so it sells itself a little more.

He's a member of the ensemble cast of low-rating American comedy, which has an even lower profile in the rest of the world. For most of the audience it wasn't that different to Thor.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He's a member of the ensemble cast of low-rating American comedy, which has an even lower profile in the rest of the world. For most of the audience it wasn't that different to Thor.

Which is still fair bit higher profile than Hemsworth's resume at that point. Which amounted to "Kirk's dad for 5 minutes" and "nothing else"

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

computer parts posted:

Kanye for Dr. Strange.

Ken Jeong

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Since my suggestion, got buried at the bottom of the last page, Steve Buscemi for Dr. Strange.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
the way Josh Henderson ALMOST rocks a 'stache, I could see him as Dr. Strange if Marvel goes the CW route.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

computer parts posted:

Kanye for Dr. Strange.

Holy poo poo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Snowman_McK posted:

Which is still fair bit higher profile than Hemsworth's resume at that point. Which amounted to "Kirk's dad for 5 minutes" and "nothing else"

Home and Away trumps Parks and Rec.

Sadly.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Reading this thread feels like being digested by some horrible nerd machine

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benedict Cumberbatch with a bad American accent for Strange, and the guy who played Kato in The Green Hornet as Wong.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowman_McK posted:

The argument was that some guy isn't likely because he was "just" in a TV show. How did it turn into "nu uh, X was more popular than Y at Z point in time"?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Chris Angel as Dr. Strange.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
All of you, stop saying "argument" like you're talking about academic papers

You're not even speculating you're just throwing out names for who would be cool to be cast as Dr. loving Strange, Jesus loving Christ

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Christina Hendricks as Doctor Strange

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's time for Christina Applegate to get the RDJ treatment.

Or, let's be radical: Gwendoline Christie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Davros1 posted:

the guy who played Kato in The Green Hornet as Wong.
Jay Chou apparently has a thing for white women, so tell him it's by the people that made The Avengers and he'd be all over that just for the fangirls. He'd be poo poo unless he could do all his dialog in Mandarin (and even then....), but he'd be a good pull if they want to really pander to Greater China. But if they want to pander and get an actual actor, Wang Leehom would probably be a good choice.

Actually, if we're going hog wild, how about Andy Lau for Strange:

Pity it's good odds he'd never be able to actually pronounce "the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Andy Lau is 53. Ming-Na Wen over at SHIELD is 50. I guess that thing about Asians aging slowly is true.

You're right too about Leehom. He's the right age for what Marvel wants and he even worked with Hemsworth in this year's Michael Mann hacker movie Blackhat.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Harime Nui posted:

You're not even speculating you're just throwing out names for who would be cool to be cast as Dr. loving Strange, Jesus loving Christ

Jesus loving Christ for Dr. loving Strange

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Harime Nui posted:

Liam Neeson already played Dr. loving-Strange 10 years ago.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hemworth wasn't necessarily well-known, but the guy was going to become famous either way. He received a surprising amount of attention for his brief role in Star Trek, and I think the Cabin in the Woods commentary mentioned how the studio was freaking about him when they saw the dailies. So, while you're technically right, he's not like Reeve who would have probably just stayed as a minor soap opera actor if it wasn't for Superman. Thor was the break that Hemsworth ended up with, but there would have been other ones. Same thing goes for Pratt. The dude's been a known entity for a while now, but he already starred in one of this year's biggest films before Guardians came out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

David Bowie for Doctor Strange.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
gently caress it. Hulk Hogan for Dr. Strange, brother!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
David Bowie must be saved for Beyonder or Watcher casting.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Timeless Appeal posted:

His cadence for Uatu would be something to behold.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Benedict Cumberbatch with a bad American accent for Strange

you monster

after cumberdragon and new khan i am almost genuinely terrified of cumberbatch randomly appearing in roles he shouldn't be in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Timeless Appeal posted:

Uatu the Watcher has already been cast.

• Locked thread