Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He scored against us though, but he didn't celebrate. He's still a lovable dude although he's a bit poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Kjetil Wæhler is out of contract after this season. He plans to move to Oslo and play in the Tippeliga. Strømgodset, Stabæk or Vålerenga up next?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Solskjær not yet fired in Cardiff and there's already talk of how he'll fit in with Rosenborg(to which the answer seems to be: he doesn't). I'm scared.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Good to see my boy Tommy in line for another league title. Can no-one stop the Høilandcopter?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Lurgy posted:

Solskjær not yet fired in Cardiff and there's already talk of how he'll fit in with Rosenborg(to which the answer seems to be: he doesn't). I'm scared.

Why are you scared? He obviously didn't cut it in England, but he's got a pretty good track record here, even though he had tons of money and a great squad to work with in Molde. Which he'll have in RBK too.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
In today's RBK he'll also have what appears to be a boardroom and an administration to rival the worst Brann's ever had (and we've had some terrible ones hello Lambert Wulf).

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Zwachro posted:

In today's RBK he'll also have what appears to be a boardroom and an administration to rival the worst Brann's ever had (and we've had some terrible ones hello Lambert Wulf).

Yeah, but that'll go for whoever RBK gets.

Also I don't get how people like Hoftun in RBK and Bruun-Hanssen in Brann still have their job. It seems like you basically have to do something illegal to lose your job in administration in this league, no matter how incompetent you are.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Puseklepp posted:

Also I don't get how people like Hoftun in RBK and Bruun-Hanssen in Brann still have their job. It seems like you basically have to do something illegal to lose your job in administration in this league, no matter how incompetent you are.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Im not so worried about Solskjærs abilities. But Hes not a 4-3-3 guy so half the board of directors will hate him from day 1, as will a few fans. Eggen has put his name forward again so we'll probably get 1 year out of him and add another decade of "we need someone like eggen" mentality.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I'm triggering.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lurgy posted:

Im not so worried about Solskjærs abilities. But Hes not a 4-3-3 guy so half the board of directors will hate him from day 1, as will a few fans. Eggen has put his name forward again so we'll probably get 1 year out of him and add another decade of "we need someone like eggen" mentality.

I think the best RBK could possibly do for the future is burn down "brakka" with Hoftun & co in it.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
New round kicking off today:

Friday 19/9:
19:00 Brann - Sandnes Ulf

Saturday 20/9:
15:30 Bodø/Glimt - Strømsgodset
18:00 Vålerenga - Molde

Sunday 21/9:
15:30 Viking - Start
18:00 Aalesund - Stabæk
18:00 Lillestrøm - Odd
18:00 Sarpsborg 08 - Sogndal
20:00 Haugesund - Rosenborg

Brann - Sandnes, Glimt - Godset and Vålerenga - Molde looks like the most fun games this round. Hopefully we've gotten our defence together against Molde. I highly doubt so - so Kjartansson will have to score a hattrick again.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Well that match kind of sucked. I'm starting to think we should just start Sævarsson instead of Huseklepp on the wing.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Nothings better than just getting your seat a minute into the match and see your best defender getting sent off and concede from the following penalty. Just dandy. Longest 90 minutes I've experienced yet.

The No! Team
Jan 6, 2012
How was Ødegaard?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The No! Team posted:

How was Ødegaard?

Fantastic, as he always is.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Nice, three more points :getin:

Shame about the ref being utter poo poo, denying Pellegrino his first goal for LSK. Missed what should perhaps been a red card for Steffen Hagen as well when he tackled Pellegrino from behind earlier in the half. Both times the ref was on the opposite half, way too far away from the situation to get a clear view of what happened.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The No! Team posted:

How was Ødegaard?

It was the first time I've seen him, and he was great. Really Impressed by his physique and how he bossed his teammates around. Hopefully he won't have his legs broken by some poo poo clogger he's embarrassed.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
When we're good, we're quite decent. But christ almighty when we're bad...

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Zwachro posted:

Well that match kind of sucked. I'm starting to think we should just start Sævarsson instead of Huseklepp on the wing.

Admittedly only watched the second half of that match, but Huseklepp has been decent to good on the right flank, with an occassional poor match. Sævarsson has been bad to meh. I'd rather see Sævarsson sold off in winter, he has no place in Norling's team.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Oslo city council approved the preliminary agreement between Vålerenga Fotball and Oslo kommune about the handover of the stadium site. Now it is up to Vålerenga to get the money and start building.

I think we're getting our stadium in 2017.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Congratulations on your new debt!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol is this real?

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Drogadon posted:

lol is this real?

Yup, norwegian club edition covers for FIFA 15:

Aalesund: Michael Barrantes
Brann: Erik Huseklepp
Haugesund: Alexander Stølås
Lillestrøm: Marius Lundemo
Odd: Jone Samuelsen
Sandnes Ulf: Aksel Berget Skjølsvik og Kent Håvard Eriksen
Sarpsborg 08: Ole Heieren
Sogndal: Ulrik Flo
Stabæk: Morten Morisbak Skjønsberg
Start: Jesper Mathiesen
Vålerenga: Vidar Örn Kjartansson og Sivert Heltne Nilsen
Viking: Yann-Erik de Lanlay

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I like the picture they chose for Huseklepp

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Sigh. When we're good we're probably one of the best teams in the league, but the days when we don't have all our players "on" we're incredibly poo poo.

I'm still cofident we will get the 6th place.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Grimble posted:

Yup, norwegian club edition covers for FIFA 15:

Aalesund: Michael Barrantes
Brann: Erik Huseklepp
Haugesund: Alexander Stølås
Lillestrøm: Marius Lundemo
Odd: Jone Samuelsen
Sandnes Ulf: Aksel Berget Skjølsvik og Kent Håvard Eriksen
Sarpsborg 08: Ole Heieren
Sogndal: Ulrik Flo
Stabæk: Morten Morisbak Skjønsberg
Start: Jesper Mathiesen
Vålerenga: Vidar Örn Kjartansson og Sivert Heltne Nilsen
Viking: Yann-Erik de Lanlay

Some clubs luckier than others I see...kinda wish we got Ulvestad but not too surprising. Doing a lol at Ulrik Flo. Actually a lot of these are strange choices, also why not every TL club? Leaving out RBK/Molde is especially weird.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
RBK declined because they were afraid it would "water down their brand" :wtc: . Molde declined due to a clash with sponsor agreements I believe.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Feel like we got a free win off Aalesund today, with them letting in two cheap goals in the first half and not really threatening much in the second. I'll take it!

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Welp it was time that the odds where against us, we have had plenty of matches where we have been the lucky ones this season so can't complain too much. Really makes me miss us not having a goalgetter up front though...

But guess it's bye bye to any chance to end up with a medal though :smith:

Max Manus fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 29, 2014

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I rarely complain about refereeing but the last three matches have been ridiculous. The decision to send off Londak, who didn't even make any contact with Høyland (Brede Moe did), was baffling. And then there's the penalty claims against Rosenborg and Godset. The refereeing standard in tippeligaen is a joke.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

euroboy posted:

I rarely complain about refereeing but the last three matches have been ridiculous. The decision to send off Londak, who didn't even make any contact with Høyland (Brede Moe did), was baffling. And then there's the penalty claims against Rosenborg and Godset. The refereeing standard in tippeligaen is a joke.

I think some of the problem is that we don't have "professional" referees. NFF should make it possible for referees to have this as a full-time job, and have them do courses/training/workshops off season.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I'll guess we'll have to congratulate Sandefjord with the promotion. Fredrikstad won 1-0 against Ranheim and secured Sandefjord's promotion.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Høgmo got his head out of his arse and selected Ødegaard for the international squad at least. When a player dominates the league that hard, noone should care about him being old enough or not. I could quote Drillo, but that would mean mentioning him and Høgmo in the same paragraph and that would just make me sad.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Do you really think he's dominating? I think he has been rather up and down. One player I hoped would get the call-up was Ghayas Zahid, but he didn't.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Mike Jensen is a wonderful man. Not a pretty match vs Lillestrøm today, but I'll very happily take a 2-0 win here.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
gently caress margins :suicide:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
If Vålerenga win tomorrow they can help Brann secure their spot in the Tippeliga. If they loose they're certain of not having a chance for the 4th place. Sigh...

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

azathosk posted:

If Vålerenga win tomorrow they can help Brann secure their spot in the Tippeliga. If they loose they're certain of not having a chance for the 4th place. Sigh...

Don't worry, you can win tomorrow and Brann will be far away from securing a spot. Cause we'll gently caress it up ourselves anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How's the Bob Bradley Stabaek project going? I thought he was gonna use this as a stepping stone, but apparently he might just end up in Toronto.

• Locked thread