Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Harold Cooplowski posted:

If it's anything other than a fakeout or "Simmons is posing as Hydra to see if they have something to cure Fitz" I will be stunned.

There's no way it can be anything but. But, it looks like there's some serious brainwashing going on at Hydra, so it's kind of out of her hands anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

There's no way it can be anything but. But, it looks like there's some serious brainwashing going on at Hydra, so it's kind of out of her hands anyways.

Complete posts full of spoilers mean nothing - use some unspoilered context if you want to avoid spoling people.
Saying that, I appreciate you guys trying to spoiler the preview content - I thought that was a standard rule in TVIV, but everyone here seems to go straight into discussing the preview content openly?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Stuff in the preview teaser isn't really an issue.

It's more stuff like announcements of returning guest stars, or two-sentence descriptions of episodes beyond the next one that usually slip past people who just watch the show, and don't follow the news about it.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
I dunno it's the sort of thing where I wish I hadn't seen the preview, so I didn't want to ruin it for anyone else.

Fleshpeg
Oct 23, 2001
Stop harassing me!

ambushsabre posted:

I really like simmons and I really, really hope it's a fakeout. I'm going to be so sad if it isn't.

I agree about Simmons. Plus the gag with Simmons being absolutely terrible at undercover work and resorting to the night-night gun was one of the funniest things they've done on the show. It would be a complete waste if they didn't keep it going.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ToastyPotato posted:

The episode was pretty alright for me outside of what's his face stealing the sniper rifle, running it all the way downstairs from perch Triplett had ready, through a crowd of people spooking them and blowing his cover, just so he could try to shoot Kreel from 20 feet away. That almost completely ruined the episode for me.

Did he use proper trigger discipline, at least? :ohdear:

Gonz posted:

I am extremely pleased that The Captain is now part of this show.

I agree!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
2 minute preview showing what's up with Simmons. Putting it in spoilers just in case since the title of the article is one.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Spoilers-Simmons-HYDRA-1087800.aspx

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At least Simmons only iced Sitwell, Hydra Nazi bastard.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I love how Hydra thinks painting their giant evil logo on the walls of the otherwise nondescript labs they run is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Slashrat posted:

I love how Hydra thinks painting their giant evil logo on the walls of the otherwise nondescript labs they run is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

Branding! Supervillian groups are masters of it. I can only imagine is there a company like the one I work for that provides corprate branded gear to like MS and Samsung, filling orders of polos with hydra logos on them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

twistedmentat posted:

Branding! Supervillian groups are masters of it. I can only imagine is there a company like the one I work for that provides corprate branded gear to like MS and Samsung, filling orders of polos with hydra logos on them.

That company would get a lot of work.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That company would get a lot of work.

Does Thanos even need a helicopter?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Moriatti posted:

Need doesn't come into it. If Thanos wants a Thanscopter then Thanos gets a Thanoscopter.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Moriatti posted:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Slashrat posted:

Since Winter Soldier had a big Metal Gear vibe for me, I want it to be revealed how many mundane things were invented by Hydra scientists. Also Fultoning new recruits.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Deakul posted:

Lucy Lawless left us too soon. :(

I hope she either returns as an undead alien zombie thing or I guess I'd settle for her in flashbacks too...

I can't remember if we're supposed to spoiler tag next week's previews in TVIV or not, so this is regarding that:

I'm pretty sure that was her character with their eyes propped open Clockwork Orange style in the preview. If this is the case, then I'm pretty sure the Marvel universe has more empty graves than full ones.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
There's a rules thread that spells it all out.

quote:

SPOILER RULES: Are you talking about something that's already aired in an episode on the East Coast? Then you don't need spoiler tags. Are you talking about something that you only saw in a preview, or a commercial, or or due to a leaked ANYTHING? Then you need spoiler tags.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

VDay posted:

There's a rules thread that spells it all out.

Thanks, I think I had a brain fart and skimmed past "Standards & Practices" because it sounded like an NBC show title.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Moriatti posted:

Like you wouldn't want a helicopter with your name on it no matter how much you actually needed it.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Valid point.
Thanks for this reference.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Oh, I almost forgot, regarding Simmons:

I think she's working for Talbot. They seized a bunch of Hydra *AND* S.H.I.E.L.D. tech so they might be her best shot at helping Fitz.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Would he compromise not putting her in jail?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Moriatti posted:

Because he needs science monkeys to tell him which watcamacallit does what science things.

It's pretty obvious that Talbot' s not particularly smart considering Could in was able to hoodwink him three times in a row.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Wow what happened to this show? I stopped watching it after the episode where they went to Russia and Ward and Fitz/Simmons (can never remember which one is which) almost died because the show was just dumb at that point. I accidentally read a spoiler about the second season about Ward being a traitor and went back and watched the rest of the episodes so now I'm caught up. The show is actually good now?

Although I was really confused what was happening with the whole Hydra and Robin thing because I didn't watch Captain America 2, so I went ahead and watched that too. It looks like there are actual "super" heroes with powers in the show now. Are the characters still harping about how "no, telekinetic powers and mind reading etc does not exist" even though they have literal stone men? There's also that end credit scene in Captain America 2 with The Twins (whoever they are) doing magical stuff. I'm led to believe that the Marvel movies and Marvel Agents of Shield are set in the same universe.

Is there a general Marvel thread? Because I'm kinda wondering why in Captain America 2, why if getting those helicarriers up would kill so many people why the other Avengers weren't called in to help. I mean I thought I saw Tony Stark as a target and surely he wouldn't wanna die. It just seemed too important to just let 1 guy with a shield handle it.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 5, 2014

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Wow what happened to this show? I stopped watching it after the episode where they went to Russia and Ward and Fitz/Simmons (can never remember which one is which) almost died because the show was just dumb at that point. I accidentally read a spoiler about the second season about Ward being a traitor and went back and watched the rest of the episodes so now I'm caught up. The show is actually good now?

Although I was really confused what was happening with the whole Hydra and Robin thing because I didn't watch Captain America 2, so I went ahead and watched that too. It looks like there are actual "super" heroes with powers in the show now. Are the characters still harping about how "no, telekinetic powers and mind reading etc does not exist" even though they have literal stone men? There's also that end credit scene in Captain America 2 with The Twins (whoever they are) doing magical stuff. I'm led to believe that the Marvel movies and Marvel Agents of Shield are set in the same universe.

Is there a general Marvel thread? Because I'm kinda wondering why in Captain America 2, why if getting those helicarriers up would kill so many people why the other Avengers weren't called in to help. I mean I thought I saw Tony Stark as a target and surely he wouldn't wanna die. It just seemed too important to just let 1 guy with a shield handle it.

It's subjective, but yes most people think this show is much better now.

I don't remember anyone denying that powers existed, though most of them have some attempt to ground themselves in science. The show has been talking about 084 stuff for a long time. I mean, the very first episode had a dude with powers, though again they were science induced.

Who the hell cares, it was a Captain America movie not an Iron Man movie. Why wasn't Captain America brought in to help at the end of IM3 when the President was in danger? You could ask that dumb question about every movie in this universe except the Avengers. Of course the real answer for why it would never be considered is Robert Downey Jr. is loving expensive, that's why. Also it wasn't just handled by one guy with a shield, there was a dude with a sweet jet-pack and a superspy.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 5, 2014

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speaking of Falcon, I could see him showing up on AoS, mostly because he was a memorable addition to Cap 2, and Anthony Mackie's day is probably reasonably priced.

Has there been anything about when Mockingbird showing up?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Has there been anything about when Mockingbird showing up?

October 21.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I've always thought it would be cool if Captain America or whoever tried to contact Stark for help but couldn't get a hold of him and then in the next Iron Man film have a scene where he's fighting something and gets that call but can't answer for obvious reasons.

It would be an easy way to hand wave away the "why don't the avengers just always team up" questions.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Fighting something? Tony would blow off that call for date night with Pepper.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Javid posted:

Yeah that's probably better. This is why I'm not a writer.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Javid posted:

"Hydra has infiltrated Shield? Look, I'm not going to call Blizzard for you every time your Warcraft guild wipes. Suck it up and grind more."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Timett posted:

I've always thought it would be cool if Captain America or whoever tried to contact Stark for help but couldn't get a hold of him and then in the next Iron Man film have a scene where he's fighting something and gets that call but can't answer for obvious reasons.

It would be an easy way to hand wave away the "why don't the avengers just always team up" questions.
Well I think Winter Soldier happened after IM3 which means Tony probably doesn't have a new suit yet. I mean in Winter Soldier Hawkeye was supposed to show up, but again money plays a factor and really does that little plot hole really ruin the movie?

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

Moriatti posted:

The US has a history of recruiting bad guy scientists though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

If Simmons left to work for the government, that would explain Skye sounding so bitter when she said "Simmons left US."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

achillesforever6 posted:

Well I think Winter Soldier happened after IM3 which means Tony probably doesn't have a new suit yet. I mean in Winter Soldier Hawkeye was supposed to show up, but again money plays a factor and really does that little plot hole really ruin the movie?

I think it was in the movie thread where someone suggested that an extra stinger should have been Clint sitting in his apartment watching television, and then noticing 90 new voice messages on his answering machine and going "...Oh crap."

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The Red Queen posted:

The US has a history of recruiting bad guy scientists though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

If Simmons left to work for the government, that would explain Skye sounding so bitter when she said "Simmons left US."

I don't doubt THAT just that Talbot would take in what he considered a traitor. She could easily be army.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

It did kind of stick out to me why a prominent SHIELD agent and Black Widow's close partner was absolutely nowhere to be found and not mentioned at all when the plot of the movie is about the complete decimation of SHIELD.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Jamesman posted:

It did kind of stick out to me why a prominent SHIELD agent and Black Widow's close partner was absolutely nowhere to be found and not mentioned at all when the plot of the movie is about the complete decimation of SHIELD.

Apparently the commentary track has the directors chatting about a scene they blocked out where Hawkeye would be chasing Cap and trying to make it look good for his HYDRA handlers while trying to get Cap to tell him what was going on, but it was scrapped because it was A) expensive as all get out B) very long and complex and C) they didn't really have much for Hawkeye to do afterward. I'm sure we'll hear all about what he was up to in Age of Ultron though.

Actually, I wonder if ABC would be willing to shell out for Renner in AoS? We'd probably of heard about it by now but I can dream, right?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Hawkeye is boring as poo poo and paying to have Jeremy Renner appear would be the biggest waste of money since the time they blew the entire CGI budget for an episode on a shot of an airplane turning around.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
They do kind of need to work on making Hawkeye not boring, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Sharmat posted:

They do kind of need to work on making Hawkeye not boring, though.

Dog + Coffee + Brother + seriously, Bro

• Locked thread