Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Raikyn posted:

Trying out a new camera lens

300zx
by Raikyn, on Flickr

Haha you idiot you stopped your car in the middle of a rally just to take a picture? You're gonna lose points!

ps awesome car

edit: and road

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Raikyn posted:

300zx
by Raikyn, on Flickr

North or South island?

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Hawkes Bay, NI

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Raikyn posted:

300zx
by Raikyn, on Flickr

Hope you don't mind, I did some mild adjustments on the photo of your dirty car:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
It looked better before.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

angryhampster posted:

Hope you don't mind, I did some mild adjustments on the photo of your dirty car:

Lose the vignette and stick with the color balance. Levels -> Curves -> Brightness/Contrast -> Highlights

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

SaNChEzZ posted:

Lose the vignette and stick with the color balance. Levels -> Curves -> Brightness/Contrast -> Highlights

Curves will do all of those things, better than the other tools will, too.

But seriously, the full tonal range and muted colors of the original make for a much better photo, though perhaps not a better SICKNASTY CAR SHOT(Z).

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

It begins.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That looks really straight.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

It looks less pink in this shot:

Rear engine, RWD, it's basically a Porsche 911

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I meant straight as in it looks like it's not a shitheap, not as relating to :sissies:.

Always thought they were decent cars shafted by poor manufacturing decisions and an arsey workforce.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

InitialDave posted:

I meant straight as in it looks like it's not a shitheap, not as relating to :sissies:.

Always thought they were decent cars shafted by poor manufacturing decisions and an arsey workforce.

That and the fact that they were a couple years too late to get in on the small car market, which by the time these rolled out was pretty much owned by the mini here in the UK.

The car itself is pretty much immaculate, save for a few rust spots in the rear arches and roof sills. The engine runs great & starts every time and I've been told it has NEVER overheated, which is apparently the main killer for these rare little cars.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So apparently that's a Hillman Imp, for others like me wondering what the hell is this sexy beast. I've been to UK several times and don't recall ever seeing one. Are they particularly rare nowadays?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
To be honest most cars from that era in the UK are pretty rare nowadays, especially in that condition. We have a lot of rain. poo poo rusts.

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

So apparently that's a Hillman Imp, for others like me wondering what the hell is this sexy beast. I've been to UK several times and don't recall ever seeing one. Are they particularly rare nowadays?

This particular model is a 875cc Hillman imp super, which is pretty much a badge away from a mk2 imp as far as I can work out.

I do believe there are about 1000 of these still registered and about half of them are still on the road, a lot of the surviving cars have been turned into track cars though, which is pretty cool.

They are pretty rare nowadays mostly because they weren't at all reliable.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

This particular model is a 875cc Hillman imp super, which is pretty much a badge away from a mk2 imp as far as I can work out.

I do believe there are about 1000 of these still registered and about half of them are still on the road, a lot of the surviving cars have been turned into track cars though, which is pretty cool.

They are pretty rare nowadays mostly because they weren't at all reliable.

Yeah, we usually get a couple of Hillmans every year at the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix. They usually do quite well for being rather underpowered compared to the usual BMW 2002s etc.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Will take photos using something other than a potato once I get my csl boot/carbon wings/rear spacers on.
Really over the moon with the geo setup though. Very many grips.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Finally gave it a good wash on Saturday and took my daughter for a little ride yesterday. I am trying to get better at using my new DSLR camera. Critique on technique are welcome. The lighting was the best with what I could do on the limited time I had (plus a two year old running around and keeping an eye on her). Heaven help me, I love my 17 year old German masterpiece.

(Click to embiggen)

(Click to embiggen)

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 224 days!)

Just FYI, your car is supposed to fit in those lines.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

It looks less pink in this shot:

Rear engine, RWD, it's basically a Porsche 911

Every time an Imp pops up on gumtree I get a head full of dumb ideas. They are the coolest little things

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
That big chunk of shade at the front is really distracting, and the hills in the back are a bit bright because of it as well.

Quick iphone edit, cropped, brought down the highlights a bit.

Also a bit of a turn of the wheel on hard parking shots never hurt anyone.

IE:

D C fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 6, 2014

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Viggen posted:

You just don't get art, man :colbert:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Viggen posted:

I knew I'd catch hell for it. I was trying to angle the car better with the available light. This was the only car in the entire parking lot of an LDS chapel so I wasn't inconveniencing anyone

D C posted:

That big chunk of shade at the front is really distracting, and the hills in the back are a bit bright because of it as well.

Quick iphone edit, cropped, brought down the highlights a bit.
Also a bit of a turn of the wheel on hard parking shots never hurt anyone.

Yes, definitely better. Post editing past cropping is something I just don't know much about. I figured post the whole photo and then take in the critiques. A wheel turn would have done some good too.

El Jebus posted:

You just don't get art, man :colbert:

He's got TBI so I give it a pass.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Yes, definitely better. Post editing past cropping is something I just don't know much about. I figured post the whole photo and then take in the critiques. A wheel turn would have done some good too.

Just play with it. Put it into Picasa and play with levels and stuff to get a feel for what does what. Your lighting is killing it, and you can't correct that in post without a LOT of experience. The glare on the headlights is a killer, too.

Also, look at your backgrounds when framing your shots, the background is nice, but the one tree jumps out... if that tree wasn't in the shot, just the mountains in the back, it would be much better.

A lot of it is subjective, though. If you're looking to do something with picture-taking, get to the dorkroom.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006
Since mein Mercedes is kaput and a 12 mpg El Camino is thirsty, I got some new (economical) hotness.

2012 Chevy Cruze Eco w/ 6 speed man tran. Poor Benz and garage under construction seen here.

Front shot w/ the elco peeking out.

Paid 11,500, has 46k on it, so I've got a few years and miles of factory warranty (Whoo! no major maintenance to do!). For an econobox, it drives pretty nice, and I must say that 40+ mpg is leaps and bounds better than the 26 in the Benz and the 12 in the elco.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Will take photos using something other than a potato once I get my csl boot/carbon wings/rear spacers on.
Really over the moon with the geo setup though. Very many grips.

Wow looks fail, way too low i bet your one of those hellaflush retards. Fake and gay.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

New shoes…And headers, and exhaust and a blower and I hate money

JaySB fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 7, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

JaySB posted:

New shoes…And headers, and exhaust and a blower and I hate money

Looks like you didn't keep the ratio when you resized the picture.

I want to know more about the car, though... adding a charger is pretty AI with a new 'vette.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Looks like you didn't keep the ratio when you resized the picture.

I want to know more about the car, though... adding a charger is pretty AI with a new 'vette.

That's cause I suck at the computers

It's one of the first A&A Supercharger kits for the C7. I have issues, I had the car for roughly 1100 miles before I decided it needed a supercharger. Vortech head running 8lbs of boost. Made 602hp to the wheels with a can of Torco on 91. 575 without, I'm on the fence about being really stupid and putting a cam in, they made 698whp with a mild cam. As it sits right now on Toyo R888's I can spin tire in 4th gear so I'm not sure how I feel about the idea.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Some of these cars look a little north of $600.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got some new shoes for the wagon

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

GramCracker posted:

Got some new shoes for the wagon

Just going to say, that is a sexy loving ride.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Please make this photo:

Look like this photo:

Thanks in advance.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Done!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Hahaha, nice.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Figured this would be a decent place to ask. When I go to pick up the new R (assuming it ever gets here. HURRY THE gently caress UP VW) I'm thinking about having it wrapped. How well do wraps hold up to rock pitting vs a 3m bra. The 3m bra on my TDI has 1 tiny nick in it that actually got paint. What I'm thinking is that I buy a color that will hold a bit more resale (or make it easier to buy when available) and instead of doing a 700 dollar full bumper/hood/fender bra like I have on my TDI just getting the entire car wrapped in something wonky. Just wondering how well the wraps hold up to rock chips. I plan to keep the new R for at least 6+ years so the wrap will keep the paint nice for the first couple.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Siochain posted:

Just going to say, that is a sexy loving ride.

Right? And he keeps talking about selling it. What a moran.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

veedubfreak posted:

Figured this would be a decent place to ask. When I go to pick up the new R (assuming it ever gets here. HURRY THE gently caress UP VW) I'm thinking about having it wrapped. How well do wraps hold up to rock pitting vs a 3m bra. The 3m bra on my TDI has 1 tiny nick in it that actually got paint. What I'm thinking is that I buy a color that will hold a bit more resale (or make it easier to buy when available) and instead of doing a 700 dollar full bumper/hood/fender bra like I have on my TDI just getting the entire car wrapped in something wonky. Just wondering how well the wraps hold up to rock chips. I plan to keep the new R for at least 6+ years so the wrap will keep the paint nice for the first couple.

3m bra on the 335D... front bumper got hit in a parking lot, tons of paint transfer but the bumper wasn't damaged. Pulled the clear bra off and there wasn't a mark on the bumper, hell the 3M wasn't even ripped.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

Wow looks fail, way too low i bet your one of those hellaflush retards. Fake and gay.

Fly away fuckshit troll!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

JaySB posted:

That's cause I suck at the computers

It's one of the first A&A Supercharger kits for the C7. I have issues, I had the car for roughly 1100 miles before I decided it needed a supercharger. Vortech head running 8lbs of boost. Made 602hp to the wheels with a can of Torco on 91. 575 without, I'm on the fence about being really stupid and putting a cam in, they made 698whp with a mild cam. As it sits right now on Toyo R888's I can spin tire in 4th gear so I'm not sure how I feel about the idea.

That thing must be mental. The one thing I didn't think the Stingray needed was another 250 bhp!