Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
I live in Wichita Falls, and make runs up to Lawton quite regularly, what were you looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Gropey C posted:

I live in Wichita Falls, and make runs up to Lawton quite regularly, what were you looking for?

Fred's Blend! The beer that Freddie from that store in Tulsa helped brew, OK only and it's real limited. Let me know what you end up with.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I saw on Facebook today that CCB dropped Good Gourd...

Anyone able to snag me a few bottles?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Vertigo posted:

I saw on Facebook today that CCB dropped Good Gourd...

Anyone able to snag me a few bottles?

i've got some from last year!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

ISO: Aurelian Lure b2
FT: Fen Tao

Of course this would be IP at Jester King. 1:1

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
ISO: Haymarket growlers. FT: $$ and/or locals.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, maybe 1-2 growlers of Mathias if nothing else (not sure what they have on tap right now but I will look). Mostly I'd just like to try some of their beers again and share with friends. I would be willing to simply pay you for the price of the growlers and shipping if you want to go that route or maybe some local beers would be more your style. Let us work something out.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

If anyone is looking for Terrapin IPPP I have a bottle available for trade... and other things in my cellar we can expand with.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
ISO: Night Shift's next batch of Morph (10/1), along with Viva Habanera and other bottles from them and Trillium.

FT: Wicked Weed, Foothills, lots of good NC beers

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

I posted this on BA too, but I'd rather trade with a goon.

FT: Bells Eccentric Ale 07 and 08 ISO: HotD Fred

Looking for Fred that's at least a few years old so Batch 86 or younger. I'd do 1 for 1 for those. Preference would go to earlier batches. I'd also consider trading for multiples of more recent batches.

Fake Edit: Everyone trade with kudosx if you have even half a chance. He gifted me an awesome FFF Teku at Zwanze Day in Louisville so kudos to kudosx and his extreme goonerocity!!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I've x-posted this, but as usual goons get preference. IP in Denver/GABF ideally!

ISO: Cantillon Fou Foune 2014
FT: pick!
  • Veritas 013
  • Pick two: Montmorency vs Balaton, Atrial Rubicite b4, Aurelian Lure b2
  • Have quantity of other JK recent releases, you can pick: Snorkel, Biere De Miel, La Vie En Rose

e: This got done super fast oh gently caress

air- fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 30, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Another IP Denver/GABF trade I'm trying to nail down. Shot some messages out too, but didn't realize Casey ... is kinda not near Denver :stare:

ISO: Casey Fruit Stand beers, 1:1 for below

FT: Recent Jester King releases - La Vie En Rose, Snorkel, Biere De Miel, I have orange/grapefruit Provenance as well

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
FT: local growler. ISO: ???

So my local brewery has released a rye IPA that I absolutely love and I want more people to try it. I would like to send out a jug of it, in return you can send me:
-growler of a local/regional thing that you love
-cans/bottles of same
-consider it a gift and send nothing back, but say something on the internet that reflects your opinion
-consider it a gift and repay me by sharing it with your friends

The only catch is that I have no idea how much they have left and how long it will last. If it runs out I'll send you something else good instead. Let us have a good time!

Edit: closed.

krustster fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 3, 2014

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

krustster posted:

So my local brewery has released a rye IPA that I absolutely love and I want more people to try it. I would like to send out a jug of it, in return you can send me:
-cans/bottles of same
-consider it a gift and send nothing back, but say something on the internet that reflects your opinion

The only catch is that I have no idea how much they have left and how long it will last. If it runs out I'll send you something else good instead. Let us have a good time!

There's no way I'm going to take you up on your generosity, but cool move dude for many reasons.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Midorka posted:

There's no way I'm going to take you up on your generosity, but cool move dude for many reasons.
;)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

krustster posted:

-cans/bottles of same

Just a generic "growler swap" is a cool idea that we should do more often. You offering to just give it away? Even cooler.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Growl it forward! A growler swap event sounds like good fun, how many people would be interested in that? I just like the idea of sharing a thing that people may not have heard of that you happen to like a lot and want to share. Growlers leave more freedom than bottles or cans since, at least around here, the things that get bottled are usually not representative of the best a small brewery can do.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I would definitely be interested in a GIF

air-
Sep 24, 2007

dphi posted:

I would definitely be interested in a GIF

Totally down too.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Goons Gifting Growlers

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Concur with GiF as our next *iF

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
Growler it forward is a great idea. There's tons of breweries out there putting out stellar stuff that's not available in cans/bottles, but is available for growler fills. Count me in!

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
I am going to be in Seattle Tuesday & Wednesday with a 12-bomber shipper-box for transporting my firm's brewing competition entries.

Anyone interested in Chicago <--> Seattle bottle trades? I have about 4 open spots in the box heading out there, and am happy to make it fun. 3Floyds, Goose Island, Revolution & Half Acre rares are in play here. jbusby@gmail.com

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
So for my birthday I got an awesome wine fridge. The problem is, 14 bottles in it are Dark Lord 2013/2014. I'm trying to find some other similar-level beers to store. Id love to get some Bomb!, always happy with KBS, or anything that would age well.

I don't have PMs, but e-mail me at jasonbohm3@gmail.com if interested in working something out

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
Email sent.

I've never traded here before, but fwiw I've done several trades and box passes in the Cigar Thread.

Promise I'm not a bum!

*edit* Thanks swickles!

Hayden fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 16, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hayden posted:

Email sent.

I've never traded here before, but fwiw I've done several trades and box passes in the Cigar Thread.

Promise I'm not a bum!

Vouching for Hayden from the cigar thread. I have participated in a boxpass with him, and he contributes solid stuff.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'd like to do a growler swap, I've access to Funky Buddha but have been meaning to make a trip to Due South so that's a thing too.

Slore Tactician
Aug 27, 2005
MOURN!

Avenged posted:

So for my birthday I got an awesome wine fridge. The problem is, 14 bottles in it are Dark Lord 2013/2014. I'm trying to find some other similar-level beers to store. Id love to get some Bomb!, always happy with KBS, or anything that would age well.

I don't have PMs, but e-mail me at jasonbohm3@gmail.com if interested in working something out

Email sent!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

krustster posted:

Growl it forward! A growler swap event sounds like good fun, how many people would be interested in that? I just like the idea of sharing a thing that people may not have heard of that you happen to like a lot and want to share. Growlers leave more freedom than bottles or cans since, at least around here, the things that get bottled are usually not representative of the best a small brewery can do.

Hello goons, I'm interested in trading growlers from a few excellent breweries that i'm local too. Their beers are so good, i'm willing to send them out to people to spread their quality around.

One will even fill a 128oz growler :getin:. You send it to me, I'll get it filled. Let your faith in craft beer be tested.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 25, 2014

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

incoherent posted:

Hello goons, I'm interested in trading growlers from a few excellent breweries that i'm local too. Their beers are so good, i'm willing to send them out to people to spread their quality around.

One will even fill a 64oz growler :getin:. You send it to me, I'll get it filled. Let your faith in craft beer be tested.

It would probably be way more cost effective to just have people send you money/beer for the growler. Shipping an empty 64 oz growler would almost certainly be more expensive than getting a brand new one. Around me empty 64 oz screw top growlers go for ~$5, and I know shipping one would cost quite a bit more, if you include the cost of packaging materials.

Either way, I'm sure people will be interested. Thanks for the nice offer!

Edit: After rereading your post, I may have just misunderstood you. Either way, cheers!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I stupidly put the wrong OZ. I can totally swap a 64oz, i'm just lousy with them.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Anyone get an email back from Avenged? I hit him up and never got a reply :(

Also

ISO : Darkness '14 x 2 FT : Cellar upon request

ISO : A regular NC hookup for Foothills, Wicked Weed, etc. FT : PA locals, and anything else I can acquire (VT stuff usually)

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Vertigo posted:

ISO : A regular NC hookup for Foothills, Wicked Weed, etc. FT : PA locals, and anything else I can acquire (VT stuff usually)

Just let me know, happy to ship out NC stuff for trade!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
ISO: Velvet Merkin '14

FT: Funky Buddha, Cigar City releases, hopefully J Wakefield in the near future.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
PM'd

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-colour-five

I will make it rain Tired Hands on you if you can help me out.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Anyone else in TX who can land this beer needs to make this happen for Hatful, vouching that he'll take real good care of you. Stupid F1 race and halloween means convincing my buddies to mule isn't happening.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I'll see what I can do.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I cannot personally comment on krustster's ability to blast tapes (I assume it is pretty impressive) but he trades tapes really well. Throw in a couple of Black Notes just 'cause? Sure did. And that might be the most efficiently packed box I've ever seen.

Would blast a trade again.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

So now that I've had time to seriously ponder what I'm doing for the next month, I wanna know: where are the Euro beer goons at? Copypasta'd from Talkbeer...

Planning on flying to Belgium in mid-November (definitely visiting Cantillon) but I'm not interested in spending my entire trip in Brussels. Definitely open to going to Amsterdam too. I just want some lambics man.

ISO (high to low want)
  • Armand'4 - looking for all four
  • Blabaer
  • Framboos
  • A&T
  • Lou Pepe
  • Or other lambic :)

FT (or share, in no particular order):
  • Various Jester King beers including: Aurelian Lure, Omniscience & Proselytism, Atrial Rubicite, Nocturn Chrysalis, La Vie En Rose, Snorkel, even Viking Metal and OG Black Metal (I have majority of the JK large format bottles)
  • Grassroots/HF: Convivial Suarez, Sankt Hans, Arthur, Florence
  • 50/50 Eclipse beers
  • Freetail sours
  • Ale Apothecary Be Still, Sahatie, Sahalie
  • Abraxas
  • Olde Hickory Lindley Park
  • Founders KBS, Backwoods Bastard
  • BCBS, BCBW
  • Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue/Golden Nugget
  • Prairie: Bomb, Noir, Wine Barrel Noir, Bible Belt
  • 2013 Darkness
  • Abyss
  • Parabola, Sucaba
  • Other American IPA's/stouts/sours/saisons/growlers etc within Texas distro

e: if you couldn't tell, I am looking to do in person trades, or people to sit down and crack open a beer with me!

air- fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

danbanana posted:

I cannot personally comment on krustster's ability to blast tapes (I assume it is pretty impressive) but he trades tapes really well. Throw in a couple of Black Notes just 'cause? Sure did. And that might be the most efficiently packed box I've ever seen.

Would blast a trade again.

Haha, glad everything made it all right. But don't be giving me TOO much credit, it was kind of an open-ended trade! Plus I figured if you hated everything else in there, at least you'd have something guaranteed to be tasty (and I remembered you saying a while back you'd be interested in getting more, around the time when I was drunkenly offering black notes to anyone and everyone). As for the box...totally ran out of room. Anyway, please enjoy!

Note to future traders, I would totally give you free Black Notes too but I finally ran out for now.

• Locked thread