Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo the King Dodongo that shows up in Lake Hylia in Legend Mode is an Ocarina of Time version! :aaaaa: They made a whole seperate model just for that one mission that you won't even see unless you're going for the Hard Mode skulltulas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Anyone have tips for getting A rank for Fi's level 2 Goddess Sword. She just feels so weak and can't even kill an outpost leader that quickly.

Also, by NNID is InvernessMoon

Inverness fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 5, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Inverness posted:

Anyone have tips for getting A rank for Fi's level 2 Goddess Sword. She just feels so weak and can't even kill an outpost leader that quickly.

Also, by NNID is InvernessMoon

Well I just finished that mission as a level thirty something with a 98 attack power weapon and thought it was pretty simple. Only advice I can really give it to remember to constantly Lightboost and remember that light's effect is to increase in damage the more people are getting hit. Also her the final heavy in her chain is amazing and should be spammed all day erry day.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm free! Free of Adventure Mode! All I have to do is get the Hard Skulltulas in Legend Mode and I've got everything. I suppose I should unlock the Master Sword too. gently caress the medals, though.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm free! Free of Adventure Mode! All I have to do is get the Hard Skulltulas in Legend Mode and I've got everything.
Until the next DLC in a few weeks. :getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Inverness posted:

Until the next DLC in a few weeks. :getin:

I'm never going to escape this game

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

That's the plan, and I fully accept it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I still don't even have all the characters unlocked, let alone the weapons. The heart pieces etc seem like a pipe-dream to me at this point. :stare:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Finally, a game that can suck me in like Sengoku Basara 3 :swoon:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm probably not going to end up getting all the Heart pieces/containers from adventure mode. But I do want to unlock all the characters (only Zant left!), weapons, and get all the skulltulas so I guess... I'll see.

Some of these stages are ridiculously hard. There's this one stage where you have to play as Zelda down at the bottom. It's not required to unlock anything, and the only prize is a Heart container for A ranking it. And it is insane. Your base is constantly being assaulted on all sides from a million different threats (bombchus, a summoner, a "scout captain" and two enemy captains who march on your base at various points), and every time I went to contain one, something else would sneak in and capture it before I could blink.

I'll come back to that one later. :sigh:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm probably not going to end up getting all the Heart pieces/containers from adventure mode. But I do want to unlock all the characters (only Zant left!), weapons, and get all the skulltulas so I guess... I'll see.

Some of these stages are ridiculously hard. There's this one stage where you have to play as Zelda down at the bottom. It's not required to unlock anything, and the only prize is a Heart container for A ranking it. And it is insane. Your base is constantly being assaulted on all sides from a million different threats (bombchus, a summoner, a "scout captain" and two enemy captains who march on your base at various points), and every time I went to contain one, something else would sneak in and capture it before I could blink.

I'll come back to that one later. :sigh:

That stage sounds a lot like Zelda's level 3 Baton, Death Mountain, Bombchus, making up a morale deficit from the beginning, Summoner... et cetera. Kind of a pain.

But once you get the level 3 weapons most of the previous stages are a lot easier afterwards. After you get all the weapons it really is just cleanup.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
I don't see the point of getting hearts and heart pieces when you're never supposed to be taking damage :D

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I probably played several hours of this game today. Rare for me to get that much sit down time with a console video game. It felt really good to do so.

Without getting all mushy, I want to say a big thank you and I love you guys. I'd still be enjoying the game without this community, but thanks "Games" I learned

*Turn Network On because it is off by default and now I got my first Network Link. It was a very intense battle.
*Press and hold B to start running right away.
*How to use Sheik Properly.
*How to take HD Screen Captures of a Wii U game (I thought Miiverse was all we had access to and it uses a low res jpeg every time)
*Sheik's Prelude of Light restores her freaking special attack bar fully when used properly making her even more of a killing machine.

As for Lana, I like her Deku Staff. Sheik is my favorite character followed by Link. (I haven't unlocked everyone yet so this may change.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Psyker posted:

I don't see the point of getting hearts and heart pieces when you're never supposed to be taking damage :D

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. Heart pieces feel sort of worthless? I barely ever take damage and if I do one or two extra hearts doesn't make a big difference.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

That stage sounds a lot like Zelda's level 3 Baton, Death Mountain, Bombchus, making up a morale deficit from the beginning, Summoner... et cetera. Kind of a pain.

But once you get the level 3 weapons most of the previous stages are a lot easier afterwards. After you get all the weapons it really is just cleanup.

The difference between trying to A-rank Zelda's baton 3 mission and coming back later with a good rank 3 weapon and some extra levels is like night and day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I managed to beat Legend mode and unlock the first Rewards map.

Unfortunately, I'm at that weird point where I need better weapons to unlock better weapons. I really loving wish you could just upgrade weapon strength instead of relying on drops.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Yeah, I've basically relied on just using Weapon Stars I from the apothecary for almost every map for Adventure mode. By the time I need to tackle a map to drop the next tier of weapon, I already have a five star of the current tier. If it's still too much I just go screw around on other maps to get the rupees to power-level them up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zelda's level 2 baton map is kicking my rear end right now mostly on the damage rating. It's just really hard to avoid taking damage from Wizro and Volga, but if you don't deal with them, you lose.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yeah, I've basically relied on just using Weapon Stars I from the apothecary for almost every map for Adventure mode. By the time I need to tackle a map to drop the next tier of weapon, I already have a five star of the current tier. If it's still too much I just go screw around on other maps to get the rupees to power-level them up.

What do the stars do exactly?

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
My suggestion with Volga is be aggressive. If you hit him hard enough to the point that he's stuck blocking, he'll eventually try to counter with that short jump strike of his that reveals his weak point. A quick dodge around him when he stops blocking and he's wide open.

EDIT: ^^^^^^ Stars basically increase attack power for that weapon. It's how you see a tier 1 weapon that has 3 stars have 104 attack instead of the base 80.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

greatn posted:

What do the stars do exactly?

Each star is +8 damage.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If you use a weapon with stars as a source weapon, does the base weapon get the stars?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

greatn posted:

If you use a weapon with stars as a source weapon, does the base weapon get the stars?

Nope. So wait until you have a 5 star weapon if you have some really good properties you want to transfer.

On a similar note, does anyone know if you can stack the same property? I'm pretty sure it has let me put multiple of the same property on a weapon, but I have no idea if you actually get the benefit. Just having one +exp feels pretty nice/noticeable.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Spectacle Rock posted:

*How to take HD Screen Captures of a Wii U game (I thought Miiverse was all we had access to and it uses a low res jpeg every time)

I think I missed this one, how do you do that?

Dastardly posted:

The difference between trying to A-rank Zelda's baton 3 mission and coming back later with a good rank 3 weapon and some extra levels is like night and day.

Hang on, what? Rank 3 missions don't let you use anything but the weapon you're trying to get a rank 3 of.

EDIT: Unless you meant coming back to that level after unlocking the weapon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ahaha gently caress Daruina's level 2 mission.

"Allied base is in danger! We can't remember how our weapons work!"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ahaha gently caress Daruina's level 2 mission.

"Allied base is in danger! We can't remember how our weapons work!"

If you look up 'useless' in a Hyrulian Dictionary, there will be a picture of a Hyrule Captain beside it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Please don't insult Hylian Captain, he is my friend.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's hard out there for a guy with a sword when he's surrounded by superheroes. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

In general, I always find it mildly irritating/funny that characters are nigh-useless when you're not playing them. Jesus Fi, I just captured 3 bases, killed some captains, an enemy hero, and I come back to base to find out you can't fend off a moblin or two?

I assume the whole point of Warriors games is you're the powerhouse that mows stuff down, and it would probably be a lot less fun if NPCs started taking all your kills. :v:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, but it'd still be nice to be able to turn my back on a base for five seconds without it being overrun.

I guess I just need to do some Legend Mode maps on hard mode for some better gear drops before I try tackling more of the map.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oxyclean posted:

On a similar note, does anyone know if you can stack the same property? I'm pretty sure it has let me put multiple of the same property on a weapon, but I have no idea if you actually get the benefit. Just having one +exp feels pretty nice/noticeable.

As far as I can tell, you cannot. It wouldn't let me put the same property on there twice.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I've been running around stumped on The Sacred Sword for five solid minutes. Where the gently caress is the commander of the ghost forces and how am I meant to reveal the imposter? :argh:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

I think I missed this one, how do you do that?

Two ways. One way is to go to the following website and follow the directions there:
http://www.nintendo.com/image-share

The downside to this method is you have to be registered with stuff like facebook or tumblr or something.

Here's what I believe to be the better way and you don't have to sign up for something and/or login to a website:
When you are playing a video game and you see something on screen you like and want a screen capture of, press HOME, then launch the Internet Browser. Go to a website that lets you upload images (like imgur dot com or minus dot com). Once there, click UPLOAD and it will let you choose either the suspended image from your TV Screen or the suspended image from your Wii U gamepad. A goon told me that a website like minus dot com is better than imgur dot com because imgur will do compression algorithms on your image while minus will not. So, make sure you pick a website that doesn't compress your uploads and make them look less awesome.

You'll upload the image, it will give you a link to the file, and the you hop on a computer and can go to that link and view your file :)

There are some good wallpaper opportunities within Hyrule Warriors in my opinion if you can just pause the game with the HOME button at the right time.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 5, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I've been running around stumped on The Sacred Sword for five solid minutes. Where the gently caress is the commander of the ghost forces and how am I meant to reveal the imposter? :argh:

Notice Lana showing up in red text earlier, now notice where the red Lana text shows up from

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I assume the whole point of Warriors games is you're the powerhouse that mows stuff down, and it would probably be a lot less fun if NPCs started taking all your kills. :v:
That's generally the case, but sometimes allies can be disturbingly competent. In Dynasty Warriors 5 there's this map that's basically 3 fronts, and generally the front you're on will always push forward to the enemy base while the other two stall somewhere around the middle.

Except for the side Cao Cao's on, which always pushes straight through with no breaks whatsoever.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

One thing I dislike is that when you are using the smithy you can't transfer multiple skills from the source weapon to the base one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What I do like about the NPC allies usually being useless is that it makes moments like this

Regy Rusty posted:

"Goron Captain defeated Impa"

:stare:

all the more impressive.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
What you don't see is the several hundred other gorons Impa is assaulted by to chip away her life bar before the captain gets the final kill.

Yuki Akuma fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 5, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
That's always a jaw dropper. You're running around and notice that a base is being attacked, you run over, and just before you arrive you get "Hylian/Goran Captain has defeated motherfucking everyone!" and then there's just tons of materials and weapons just lying around this friggin miracle mook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Flytrap posted:

That's always a jaw dropper. You're running around and notice that a base is being attacked, you run over, and just before you arrive you get "Hylian/Goran Captain has defeated motherfucking everyone!" and then there's just tons of materials and weapons just lying around this friggin miracle mook.

Like the poster above said, it's more likely the Captain got the final hit in, after a literal death of a thousand cuts from the mob swarms around it, the enemy Captains however are way more competent, one of my matches had a gang of Re-Dead Knights take over three keeps before I had to come down and bash them to bits.

• Locked thread