Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

lyricaldanichan posted:

I really do not feel or see that there is another break or it would have said so. People are over-reacting (I guess for a good reason)....-_-;;;

Well, it didn't say it was on hiatus, but it also didn't give a date for the next chapter. So he's not on a strict schedule, and god only knows when we'll get the next chapter. It's safer to assume hiatus than expect a chapter and not get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lyricaldanichan posted:

I really do not feel or see that there is another break or it would have said so. People are over-reacting (I guess for a good reason)....-_-;;;

Usually when another one is coming soon it has a date. This one just says "next time".

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

Yeah, that was the imperial wizard. Now reduced to keeping a monster in a barn, apparently. Perhaps it'll be one of those Ganishka monsters from a few chapters back.

From a few pages back, but I just feel the need to express just how hilariously spectacular I think that would be.

I've actually been doing my annual re-read of berserk (Oh god I'm one of those people now) recently and I check to read a few chapters and was surprised to see there was a new one! That ending was spectacular, and I really hope that next chapter just cuts back to guts' gang reaching elfheim.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I love how the wrinkled up old pope still has these gigantic kawaii uguu eyes.

I also wanted to see Rickert call Griffith out on all the horrendous poo poo he's done with all of his followers watching, but a simple slap of contempt probably did the job better. Miura is a better writer than me.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Fereydun posted:

Dragon's Dogma has already got the foundation for bein' the best Berserk game, tyvm

Now it just needs crazier, totally batshit insane monster designs!

Dragon's Dogema :laugh: had some of it down, but it is way off the mark for me. The writing is super cheesy, the enemies are basic fantasy fare, the whole pawn system seemed forced and awkwardly integrated, and limited gore (for a berserk stand in). The Dreamcast game nailed the atmosphere perfectly while introducing a story that felt like it fit into the cannon (and a cure for Caska yay), but was super focused beat-em up. Dark souls 1 had that nice open ended world and a lot of interesting boss to take out. Where Dogma had a more linear approach to the story. If we could get another game that visits that time-frame where Guts is traveling around dealing with apostles the creators could basically introduce anything they wanted just so long as they took it away again (end 'sperg rant).

New chapter was dope, here's to another 5 months of Miura drawing 1,000 flowers per panel.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Soulcleaver posted:

I love how the wrinkled up old pope still has these gigantic kawaii uguu eyes.

I also wanted to see Rickert call Griffith out on all the horrendous poo poo he's done with all of his followers watching, but a simple slap of contempt probably did the job better. Miura is a better writer than me.

That was so goddamn satisfying.

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
I just want the main group to finally get off the boat. Anyways Demon's Souls had more Berserk stuff than Dark Souls.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Yeah I want some more stuff with Gut and crew.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Im halfway through the manga after starting yesterday and its great and im going to keep making poo poo like this as I read

and post it. Thanks everyone

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im glad ur here

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Some fanart from the new chapter making the rounds: http://i.imgur.com/4xKbsUU.jpg

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vedius Pollio posted:

Some fanart from the new chapter making the rounds: http://i.imgur.com/4xKbsUU.jpg

YES

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I like the ones about guts junk better

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Vedius Pollio posted:

Glorious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh, am I the only one who doesn't like that drawing? He just blew up a bunch of innocent people, and maybe an apostle or two. Griffith wouldn't be harmed or care.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

RatHat posted:

Uh, am I the only one who doesn't like that drawing? He just blew up a bunch of innocent people, and maybe an apostle or two. Griffith wouldn't be harmed or care.

Nah it's pretty great Rickert is a great character.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
howdy, billy mays here for mighty putty, and i'd like to introduce you to my friend rapehorse

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

muike posted:

howdy, billy mays here for mighty putty, and i'd like to introduce you to my friend rapehorse

Haha, could thing that part prepared for what was to come later.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

RatHat posted:

I love it. Rickert needs a cigar in that picture, too.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Dear Griffith,

I am here to bite you in the rear end,

Love,
The poo poo talking you did back at the Hill of Swords!

P.S. Rickert :swoon:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Decided to see when the last time we saw Guts was (almost 2 years ago) and spotted this little gem

Yep it will all be over soon

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Gosh, everyone is getting so pretty and pouty as time goes on.

vvv Edit: Which was his plan all along. :aaa:

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 5, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
eventually every character will look like twinky early-on puck

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Berserk will eventually look like this and it will happen so gradually that nobody will notice:

It's a special illustration Miura drew celebrating the 100th chapter of March Comes in Like a Lion which runs in the same magazine as Berserk.

e: loving hell I mixed up Miura and Murata again. Stupid amazing Japanese artists with M-names....

Begemot fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 6, 2014

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i thought the first part of his chapter was a scan from k-on

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Begemot posted:

Berserk will eventually look like this and it will happen so gradually that nobody will notice:

It's a special illustration Murata drew celebrating the 100th chapter of March Comes in Like a Lion which runs in the same magazine as Berserk.
That dwarf is so cute.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
anyways I was re-reading myself and I think this may be the silliest sequence of panels

e: this one's pretty funny too

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 6, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
bros

bro kingdom

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Goddamn I loved that panel to bits. :swoon: I can't really think of another manga that made me so thrilled about two of its (relatively) minor characters meeting.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
this is making me want to do yet another Berserk reset reread, especially because I'm realizing I basically remember nothing that happened in that one INVASION OF THE PSEUDO-INDIAN/PERSIAN EMPIRE arc. Except for some assassins and a fat man cloud.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheFallenEvincar posted:

this is making me want to do yet another Berserk reset reread, especially because I'm realizing I basically remember nothing that happened in that one INVASION OF THE PSEUDO-INDIAN/PERSIAN EMPIRE arc. Except for some assassins and a fat man cloud.

And the end of the world, can't forget about that now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

And the end of the world, can't forget about that now.
I feel like at some point the final boss is a Scandinavian cartoon of Mohammed cursed with unholy life or something like that?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
He becomes a double-apostle and turns into a giant tree man and skull knight fucks up and hits him instead of griffith.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I fee like manga authors would be healthier if they switched to Intuos tablets for drawing. That way they could keep their backs straight and look at a monitor as opposed to being hunched over a desk.

But I guess Miura's technique with pen is already so good that he's not about to switch to new fangled technology.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Ccs posted:

I fee like manga authors would be healthier if they switched to Intuos tablets for drawing. That way they could keep their backs straight and look at a monitor as opposed to being hunched over a desk.

But I guess Miura's technique with pen is already so good that he's not about to switch to new fangled technology.
Well they probably have draughting tables so the page will be raised at an angle at least.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I wonder then if he ever sells the individual page artwork anywhere? I know American comic book artists do that to make extra cash. I'm sure Miura's original work could fetch a really high price.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

bro kingdom

I have no idea why I was following this thread until now. I will go read Berserk, brb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Butt Ghost posted:

I have no idea why I was following this thread until now. I will go read Berserk, brb

And so another magical journey began...