Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

how do you access the tile that has lana's summoning gate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Famous TV Dad posted:

how do you access the tile that has lana's summoning gate?

Have you A ranked the fight below it as Sheik?

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
Use a raft on the pier in the tile below.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What's your least favorite enemy captain to fight? Mines Dinolfos

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Morale boosts are freaking huge to allied/enemy mooks. An ally with a morale boost will steamroll anything without one. An enemy with one needs to be killed RIGHT NOW because they can take keeps in a matter of a minute or so.

Also I find that if an enemy named character is engaged with an allied one, just running up and using your SP on the enemy one a few times then running away will usually let the ally win, this is good for A-Ranking maps or getting second skulltulas by avoiding drawn out duels where you're likely to be hurt.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

mabels big day posted:

level 99 network links have made me hate that bastard, gently caress dinolfos.
Poes are cool though.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I really need to find the man that decided that Zelda music needed to sound like something out of BlazBlue and shake his hand.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Dinolfos and Dodongos, both because they take a loving eternity to reveal their weak points.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Aeralfos because you have to wait for them to land to do any real damage, ReDeads because of the stun field, and any huge boss because you have to wait for them to decide to reveal their weak points.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Aeralfos because you have to wait for them to land to do any real damage, ReDeads because of the stun field, and any huge boss because you have to wait for them to decide to reveal their weak points.

Use the hookshot on them while they're in the air. :ssh:

Also Lizalfos/Dinofos suck poo poo.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I tend to just spam specials on Dinofos, I don't have time for their picky bullshit.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Dinolfos are the worst because of Agitha's level 3 map. Where you're immediately mobbed by five of them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

ReDeads are the absolute easiest enemies. You just stay out of their stun field, lob bombs, and then whack them when they land. I'm always thrilled to see a million ReDeads because they're an absolute breeze.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

Use the hookshot on them while they're in the air. :ssh:

I know you can do that, but the problem I have is that they don't stay down. That and...

Regy Rusty posted:

ReDeads are the absolute easiest enemies. You just stay out of their stun field, lob bombs, and then whack them when they land. I'm always thrilled to see a million ReDeads because they're an absolute breeze.

I always forget that I have items except when I have to deal with big bosses or Beamos.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Dinolfos are the worst because of Agitha's level 3 map. Where you're immediately mobbed by five of them.

Seriously, gently caress that level. I eventually A ranked it by just turning around and running off to capture all of the keeps and let the raid captains stall them, with a bit of a break to smash the ones attacking the Allied Keep and to smack Zelda a few times.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Any word on a sequel? Usually the first Musou game in a series generally doesn't have a ton of characters, and the second game has a much more fleshed out cast.

Also, has anyone figured out the map for adventure mode yet? I still have no idea what panel to use the compass on in the first map.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Any word on a sequel? Usually the first Musou game in a series generally doesn't have a ton of characters, and the second game has a much more fleshed out cast.

Also, has anyone figured out the map for adventure mode yet? I still have no idea what panel to use the compass on in the first map.

The compass is used to reveal the exact spot where you use other items.

As for a sequel don't you think that's jumping the gun a bit considering that there are still at least 5 more characters and other content to be released for this one?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since probably 4 back in high school. Been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors but I have to say the one thing I don't like about the game (aside from lack of voice acting) is the "wait for the weak point to open up, capitalize on it quickly". How do the other Warriors games handle fighting officers?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
A sequel is far from a sure thing anyway. Hyrule Warriors owns, but the WiiU isn't exactly a breeding ground for sequels. The engine is there though, as are all the art/sound assets, so it's not impossible. :shrug:

Really I'm just looking forward to the DLC.

^edit: You wait for them to stop blocking, then you kill the poo poo out of them. Sometimes you dodge or block.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Plus the game hasn't been out long enough to really say anything about a sequel.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Yuki Akuma posted:

Use a raft on the pier in the tile below.

I'm retarded. Thank you.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

I'm retarded. Thank you.

I wouldn't have known what to do either. I spent like 20 minutes yesterday trying to find out what this square with all the weird blue dots is for.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since probably 4 back in high school. Been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors but I have to say the one thing I don't like about the game (aside from lack of voice acting) is the "wait for the weak point to open up, capitalize on it quickly". How do the other Warriors games handle fighting officers?

You punch them in the face for thirty minutes. Then they heal to full and you do it again, only now they hit hard enough to rip off half your health bar with one hit.

Did I mention this is the first time you're playing as the character you're playing as in this level?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yeah, I've basically relied on just using Weapon Stars I from the apothecary for almost every map for Adventure mode. By the time I need to tackle a map to drop the next tier of weapon, I already have a five star of the current tier. If it's still too much I just go screw around on other maps to get the rupees to power-level them up.
I completely forgot the apothecary existed, I haven't crafted a single potion that way. Will need to try that.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If you're having a hard time punishing weak points, especially for Wizrro, hit someone with an arrow before you start walking up to them. The arrow stun is lengthy when used as the first hit, so it should give you enough time. The only attack it doesn't work well against is Volga's single hit spear slam. It has the fastest recovery of any weak point move in the game, so he'll recovery while the arrow is in mid-flight.

People talk about how the items are worthless but they aren't. I'm probably going to get ignored again

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Actually the only item that is objectively worthless is the boomerang. If it stunned officers for even a little bit I'd love the hell out of it, but otherwise it's only good for its one job: the Manhandla.

The other items are pretty great. Especially powered up bombs. Great for clearing out mooks much faster than working your way towards your favorite combo finisher. I'd say everything but the boomerang actually have extra uses outside of monster bosses/terrain things they do.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kaubocks posted:

Pirate Warriors 2 lets you use "Style Action" (hit a button to use meter and get a boost/summon a different character) to just stomp the crap out of everything.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Kaubocks posted:

I think I played 6 last and it was basically the exact same thing as Hyrule Warriors only without weak points. So when you're under leveled the fights are horrendous 30 minute slogs and when you're over leveled you end up just crush rolling them like in HW.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

Actually the only item that is objectively worthless is the boomerang. If it stunned officers for even a little bit I'd love the hell out of it,

Hrm? I've used the boomerang to stun people all the time. They get dizzy and have little stars circle their heads & everything.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Why are you people not just dodging around their guard and beating the gently caress out of them from behind? 80% of the time it works all the time.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

mabels big day posted:

Dinolfos absolutely. He should have...like...half as much health as his does if his gimmick is going to be blocking all the drat time.

You know, I never invested in any of those "deal damage through blocks" badges. Maybe they exist specifically for this guy.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Now we're talking. Got a pair of Demise swords with 6 slots and 364 power. I loaded them up with every drop rate boost, with a Darkness+ and Strength IV for flavor. Now I can go on grinding parties using my favorite character.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 5, 2014

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Strength IV would power up Ganondorf's most useless combo finisher, though.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Isn't that the huge energy ball that he brings down and then Warlock Punches? Because if so you are objectively wrong and that thing owns bones.

Vvv Ahh, that makes more sense.

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 5, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Wild Knight posted:

Isn't that the huge energy ball that he brings down and then Warlock Punches? Because if so you are objectively wrong and that thing owns bones.

No, it's the one where he does a bunch of slashes around himself and then explodes everything. Not his best move, but it's a nice quick little crowd clearer. Also I didn't have any other boosters after sacrificing all the other weapons for their drop rates.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Has there been any word on if the currently announced DLC are pretty much it as far as extra content? I need to know if there's any hope of Gannndorf going all Ding Feng with gauntlets.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I can't imagine Ganondorf not getting his signature trident before anything else.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

So I slipped, tripped and fell on Friday and ended up buying Hyrule Warriors. Was trying to hold off til next pay day, but you bastards made it sound too much fun!

Been having a blast generally running the murder train on mooks. :black101: It's all the sorts of "mindless" fun I wanted. Now to convince other people to buy it as well.

Also been adding people for Network Link stuff, NNID is DroneRiff.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Inverness posted:

I can't imagine Ganondorf not getting his signature trident before anything else.

But there's already a weapon you can spin around and throw at enemies and shoot fire out of, and Impa has it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Also, Link.

• Locked thread