Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Holdbrooks posted:

Also you cover their rear end way more than you should.

Holy poo poo, you ain't kidding.

New GM started today. 2 drivers and a FOH manager/server walked out. The only reason a 3rd driver (me) didn't walk out is said driver doesn't have enough in the bank to coast on for a bit. Another shift manager quit at the end of his shift.

I got so pissed off that I basically took every back road on every delivery just to stay the gently caress away from the place for at least twice as long, and basically idled down every road once I'd dropped off orders.

I'm trying to forget today ever happened. What a loving shitshow. Got called in 2 hours early (which means I actually clocked in an hour early), got held 2 hours late, on what was already a 9 hour shift, and cussed out and called a "loving dick" for refusing to stay until close (when I loving opened AND came in an hour early). There is not enough booze, drugs, anything in the world to make me forget today ever happened.

gently caress. This. Place. Putting in my 2 weeks notice next time I work.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
str, I have a glorious vision of you leaving Texas food service and taking a job in Virginia as a Crutchfield advisor (or somewhere else doing something similar).

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

leica posted:

Speaking of the Playstation, I just recently downloaded Jet Moto to my PS3, bringing back memories of a simpler time when

Yeah man, I like when

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

too many loving archer avatars its like hard to tell which are the perpetually drunk, which are on heroin, and which actually own a car

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

blk posted:

LDRs suck. Wife just left this morning and I don't get to see her again until next Friday night. Poop.

LDRs are the loving bomb dot com. Hang out for a weekend, have a ton of fun together, and then they go the gently caress away for a while. My last two relationships started as LDRs and they were way more fun when I didn't see them all of the time.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Well you and viggen are far enough away. Just sayin

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Someone managed to destroy over 1,200 BMW parts ready for shipment two nights ago while I watched.

Forklifts are fun :toot:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

some texas redneck posted:

Do it.

I learned today while adjusting the serpentine on my XJ that a guy I used to cook with is in jail on $50k bond. Possession with intent to distribute and conspiracy to distribute heroin.

Not surprised at all.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Car chat: A tech here at work is needing to do a brake job and is pretty strapped for cash. The standard brake shops and pepboys are quoting like 400-500 bucks. So I want to help her change them out for way less.

The car is a 2007 civic EX coupe and Google tells me that it has disc all around. What is a good budget pad and maybe rotor,if they are trashed, to go with? I am only familiar with high performance poo poo on my cars. Also anything special I should know about doing it I have never worked on a Honda.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Centric C-teks, whatever Raybestos that comes with clips for pads, should be floating single-piston calipers on all 4 corners.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Phone posted:

Centric C-teks, whatever Raybestos that comes with clips for pads, should be floating single-piston calipers on all 4 corners.

Nailed it!
Just did this on the Miata and the quality was great!

Don't forget the grease and a can or so of brake cleaner.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
FFS why did I read the F1 thread in SAS?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cat Terrist posted:

Because you forgot how terrible the world is outside our little bubble of kick-rear end.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Raluek posted:

Because you forgot how terrible the world is outside our little bubble of kick-rear end.

The thread itself isn't all together terrible. The incident being discussed is.

Jules Bianchi crashed into a loader that was out retrieving Adrian Sutil's car from another crash.

Pictures and news are trickling out and they don't tell a positive story.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

The thread itself isn't all together terrible. The incident being discussed is.

Jules Bianchi crashed into a loader that was out retrieving Adrian Sutil's car from another crash.

Pictures and news are trickling out and they don't tell a positive story.

Oh, nice. I don't follow F1 at all so I had no idea. Sorry about that :shobon:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Raluek posted:

Yeah, the incident is pretty bad in itself buuuuut some of the "opinions" really are absurd.

Basically, F1 race control hosed up big time and let a piece of recovery equipment out on a "hot" track, cue discussion on canopys and roll cages with no idea how they work, or the fact any car hitting a tractor at 100kph is going to be seriously hosed up.

There will have to be some serious questions asked about race control.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cool, just like the Tony Stewart discussion thread!

Yeah gonna stay away from that.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Are you going to get any kind of reference from those bumblecock shitbitches? If not, just how lovely of a job could you do before they fire you and go without any driver? Call it a social experiment!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Holdbrooks posted:

The car is a 2007 civic EX coupe and Google tells me that it has disc all around. What is a good budget pad and maybe rotor,if they are trashed, to go with? I am only familiar with high performance poo poo on my cars. Also anything special I should know about doing it I have never worked on a Honda.

It should have drums in the rear. Also, parts will be different between ABS and non-ABS, manual and automatic transmission, body styles, and even trim level. I had the worst loving time buying brake parts for my 96, and never understood why Honda did that.

Only different thing about them (beyond the "we're going to use 10 different kinds of rotors/pads on the same model depending how it's optioned" poo poo) is the rotors, from the factory anyway, have a couple of screws attaching them to the hub. If they're still there, they'll be seized. They're only there to help during the original assembly, drill them out and forget they existed.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 5, 2014

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

meatpimp posted:

I saw GWAR at a halloween show, on halloween a many years ago. THERE they had plenty of blood and everything to go around.

I'm seeing GWAR the night before Halloween this year. :)

edit:

Cat Terrist posted:

Yeah, the incident is pretty bad in itself buuuuut some of the "opinions" really are absurd.

Basically, F1 race control hosed up big time and let a piece of recovery equipment out on a "hot" track, cue discussion on canopys and roll cages with no idea how they work, or the fact any car hitting a tractor at 100kph is going to be seriously hosed up.

There will have to be some serious questions asked about race control.

The last time it happened they got lucky as poo poo in regards to injuries (none), but they still had a car vs recovery contact on a hot track.

Germany, 2007. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3t56uLqlVI&t=67s

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 5, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

bumblecock shitbitches

:lol:

New favorite swear, right there.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

leica posted:

Cool, just like the Tony Stewart discussion thread!

Yeah gonna stay away from that.

I should have. Someone who should have known better threadshits yet again and away they go. FFS, this is why we cant have nice things.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Why must life tempt me with cheap land rovers?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Liquid Communism posted:

Do it.

I learned today while adjusting the serpentine on my XJ that a guy I used to cook with is in jail on $50k bond. Possession with intent to distribute and conspiracy to distribute heroin.

Not surprised at all.

I learned recently that a guy I worked with at IBM was busted for... well...

http://www.red-alerts.com/victimles...ith-6-year-old/

he just stopped showing up at work one day, At the time we were told he "had an accident" and quit work.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus Christ, why even lie about it? Dude was a child rapist, everyone should know including coworkers.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

leica posted:

Jesus Christ, why even lie about it? Dude was a child rapist, everyone should know including coworkers.
I'm assuming he left pending/during the investigation, prior to conviction, in which case I can understand people not being told.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
also: Costco loving rocks for their warranty policies.

I bought a couple batteries from them three years ago, they died with a few months left on the warranty. They refunded me full price for both, and I was able to upgrade to two brand new interstate 950 amp batteries for $34bux, total.

I need to get a solar trickle charger set up in the Volvo, I don't drive it as much or as far as I should so the batteries get acid stratification and then die. :(
I at least have a battery shut-off switch now that I need to install as well.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

toplitzin posted:

I'm seeing GWAR the night before Halloween this year. :)

I respect and support the band moving on, but it's still not going to be GWAR without Dave. RIP Oderus.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Doccers posted:

I need to get a solar trickle charger set up in the Volvo, I don't drive it as much or as far as I should so the batteries get acid stratification and then die. :(

I saw a cool one a few days ago at the store that plugs in via cigarette lighter, OBD2 or alligator clips. I'm guessing only the latter applies to the Volvo.

I think it was a Coleman, and they make a few controllers as well which could probably be rigged up to provide convenience/comfort features while camping too.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

T1g4h posted:

:lol:

New favorite swear, right there.

I shamelessly stole it from Trailer Park Boys. That and "gently caress-rear end dickmachines." Probably my favorite show of all time, which says a lot about me unfortunately.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 5, 2014

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Doccers posted:

also: Costco loving rocks for their warranty policies.

I bought a couple batteries from them three years ago, they died with a few months left on the warranty. They refunded me full price for both, and I was able to upgrade to two brand new interstate 950 amp batteries for $34bux, total.

Costco batteries = Interstate batteries. Both are made in the same factory/assembly line with the same quality of internals. At least per my neighbor who works for our local Johnson Controls battery plant.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Doccers posted:

I'm assuming that you just don't have the ability to run a cord to where it sits, and you don't have it sitting out in the weather completely unprotected from the elements without so much as a sunblock visor.

Of all of the poo poo that Harbor Freight has being pure poo poo, this is actually pretty drat good. I don't remember where it is, but someone did a Kastein/Motronic dissection/megapost on one and posted some pretty graphs on what the tolerances were in actual use, the quality of the parts inside, and actual functionality tests. It'd take about 30 seconds to find a coupon to get one for $5.99 - but you probably can't get power out to there. :ohdear:

My folks had a solar trickle charger that they loved. The black plastic encasement melted over a couple months' period, which broke a couple wires- so I don't think I'd recommend that. v:v:v

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the spyder posted:

Costco batteries = Interstate batteries. Both are made in the same factory/assembly line with the same quality of internals. At least per my neighbor who works for our local Johnson Controls battery plant.

It's not like they even brand them differently. The last two batteries I had in the Ranger were from Costco and looked just like the Interstate from Firestone that's in my GMC. The difference is entirely Costco service and warranty policies, which are loving amazing to deal with. Aside from the GMC, I'll never buy a battery anywhere else if I can avoid it.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Viggen posted:

Of all of the poo poo that Harbor Freight has being pure poo poo, this is actually pretty drat good. I don't remember where it is, but someone did a Kastein/Motronic dissection/megapost on one and posted some pretty graphs on what the tolerances were in actual use, the quality of the parts inside, and actual functionality tests. It'd take about 30 seconds to find a coupon to get one for $5.99 - but you probably can't get power out to there. :ohdear:

I picked up a couple of these last year with a $3.99 coupon :smuggo: Agreed, they work really well for what they are.

I also tried one of the HF dashboard solar chargers - the one I had doesn't seem to be on the site anymore, but it was red plastic. Not only did it not keep the battery charged, the plastic actually melted :stare: e: as did yours, apparently. I read gud :downs:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

C'mon Jules :smith:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Doccers posted:

I learned recently that a guy I worked with at IBM was busted for... well...

http://www.red-alerts.com/victimles...ith-6-year-old/

he just stopped showing up at work one day, At the time we were told he "had an accident" and quit work.

I googled his name to see what he got for it.
2nd result
http://www.amazon.com/review/R32JF6YUYC1GXN

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hahahahahaha.

My roommate just got home and yelled, "Yo my aunt just made this bomb rear end apple crisp pie for us!" and proceeded to drop it on the carpet. loving dying right now.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

nm posted:

2nd result

Good thing he was so stupid that he went the pickup artist route and got busted in a sting instead of just getting a bag of candy and a van.

e: wait, gently caress, does this mean those PUA retards actually did something good for society?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

nm posted:

2nd result

Thanks. After reading GBS for a couple hours - NOW I feel filthy.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hahahahahaha.

My roommate just got home and yelled, "Yo my aunt just made this bomb rear end apple crisp pie for us!" and proceeded to drop it on the carpet. loving dying right now.

Dirt, mess, and floor-critters aside, how did it taste?

• Locked thread