Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
When oblivion came out I watched a few minutes of my brother's "making of" dvd and lolled when the animator made a horse by taking the default human model and stretching the legs around until it was a horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I played some morrowind and decided to do the temple for the first time, it was pretty loving sweet flying around on pilgramige

but the thing that always fucks me up in morrwind is I keep mixing up east and west. I don't understand what the gently caress is wrong with my brain but I never had that problem in obliv or skyrim.

I guess I've been subliminally thinking east = "towards rome" and morrowind being on the other side of the rome stand in is jacking me up or something.

so I was wandering around inside the ghostfence at level 3 all hosed up and lost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Bubonic Plagiarist
Sep 10, 2009
almost regretting installing the official addons because the best armor I can get now is domina but it looks like it was designed by a 13 year old boy. ah well, time to save up for glass I guess

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Why do people constantly bitch about titty armor in video games

Nobody gives a poo poo about how you think video games are the proxy rape of every living female, and nobodys going to call you out if you don't throw on your white knight armor and defend digital women from the patriarchy

And if your reasoning is "I'd be embarrassed if somebody saw" then lol your playing a video game they already think your autistic

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

titty armor is the peanut butter to the monster genocide jelly of fantasy

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about how you think video games are the proxy rape of every living female, and nobodys going to call you out if you don't throw on your white knight armor and defend digital women from the patriarchy

And if your reasoning is "I'd be embarrassed if somebody saw" then lol your playing a video game they already think your autistic

Lol

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

A Steampunk Gent posted:

i'd forgotten about that divine dreaming angle, seems to have a less than perfect success rate considering all the broken brained ash slaves and corpus mutants you can run across though, i guess dagoth ur is basically the albert wesker of TES

the corprus mutants were the unworthy other races, except for the beast races, who just got killed outright. the ash slaves merely hadn't completed their climb up the corprus ladder yet

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

ForeverSmug posted:

your retarted

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

the corprus mutants were the unworthy other races, except for the beast races, who just got killed outright. the ash slaves merely hadn't completed their climb up the corprus ladder yet

all the coprus stalkers had pointy ears, meaning they were mer

the races of men count as beast races

makes u think

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Bubonic Plagiarist posted:

almost regretting installing the official addons because the best armor I can get now is domina but it looks like it was designed by a 13 year old boy. ah well, time to save up for glass I guess

the lafemme plugin is trash, both armors are lovely looking
adamantium is ok tho
havent played siege at firemoth in forever, but afaik the fort is just a big hall full of skeletons, dumb as poo poo
entertainers is pretty pointless, i don't think i ever even seen what it does

the rest is ok i guess, propylon travel can be legit useful

also,

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't see why Bethesda cannot shell out the cash for a better engine, more programmers, and so on. I mean, they can cut some of the marketing budget, right? They can just say "Hey new Elder Scrolls!" and it would sell tons. gently caress they could've bought CryTek in its entirety with the money they invested in the Elder Scrolls Online.

dont they own id. get them to make an engine

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

01011001 posted:

dont they own id. get them to make an engine

Yeah, why can't they do that? That engine for Rage wasn't too shabby. It could've used some more work and optimizing, but it was decent. It would've been a better investment than a MMO, of which none have had much success outside of WoW and EVE, at least. I honestly think that Todd and friends are just so used to using Gamebryo that adjusting to a new engine would be far too much effort for them, so they're going to keep using their old engine even in this next gen of consoles.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

yeah i get the impression there's no one with any real far reaching vision at bethesda and whilst sales are still good they have no reason not to keep just doing what they're already doing. and marketing sells games far more engine stability or game features anyway just look at overhyped poo poo like titanfall and destiny and see how it compares saleswise to [your favourite cult hit], AAA gaming is no place auetuers or visionaries (well, maybe kojima)

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

A Steampunk Gent posted:

yeah i get the impression there's no one with any real far reaching vision at bethesda and whilst sales are still good they have no reason not to keep just doing what they're already doing. and marketing sells games far more engine stability or game features anyway just look at overhyped poo poo like titanfall and destiny and see how it compares saleswise to [your favourite cult hit], AAA gaming is no place auetuers or visionaries (well, maybe kojima)

http://youtu.be/uN81Y5z3C_U?t=4m16s

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want the next TES to have the Nemesis system from that new LotR game

Nehacoo
Sep 9, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

When oblivion came out I watched a few minutes of my brother's "making of" dvd and lolled when the animator made a horse by taking the default human model and stretching the legs around until it was a horse

hate to break your bethesda hating bubble but thats SOP. Doesn't mean that the end result was any good though

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
hey do the telvanni live out on those islands because water walking is boss as gently caress and they get a legit reason to do it all the time

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Abandon posted:

hey do the telvanni live out on those islands because water walking is boss as gently caress and they get a legit reason to do it all the time

Yeah. The Telvanni are :smugwizard: personified.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

I want the next TES to have the Nemesis system from that new LotR game
Knowing Bethesda, it'd probably be as half-assed as the lame as gently caress Civil War thing from Skyrim.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gullah jack posted:

Knowing Bethesda, it'd probably be as half-assed as the lame as gently caress Civil War thing from Skyrim.
which would probably be hilarious at least

imagine the battle-scarred nord warrior who's been hounding your footsteps appearing at a window in dungeons sometimes like a g-man whose presence makes lettuces fly around the room, finally stepping forward to confront you, and once you find him at the bottom of the hole he fell down when he stepped forward, he announces that he will finally take his bloody revenge for that time he saw you accidentally open the lockpick minigame when you clicked on his friend's shop door at 8:59am

Dec 26, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

imagine the battle-scarred nord warrior who's been hounding your footsteps appearing at a window in dungeons sometimes like a g-man whose presence makes lettuces fly around the room, finally stepping forward to confront you, and once you find him at the bottom of the hole he fell down when he stepped forward, he announces that he will finally take his bloody revenge for that time he saw you accidentally open the lockpick minigame when you clicked on his friend's shop door at 8:59am

a nemesis turned giant weirdo stalker mechanic would probably make whatever the hell tes6 will actually play like way, way more entertaining

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

ForeverSmug posted:

I don't like it because I think it looks dumb. If you're going for sex appeal then just go full bikini plate imo, none of this half assed poo poo

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
http://images.uesp.net/1/1c/MW-item-Domina_Armor_Male.jpg owns

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
...Uncle Crassius?

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

...Uncle Crassius?

That's Aunt Crassina to you

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

anyone played sotha sil expanded?

Im in the very first room, there's three doors, each has a lever next to them. nothing happens when i pull any of them, there's some mechanical sounds sometimes that would suggest something's moving but nothing happens. doesnt seem like i can get back to the main cavern

wtf trainwiz

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

grate deceiver posted:

anyone played sotha sil expanded?

Im in the very first room, there's three doors, each has a lever next to them. nothing happens when i pull any of them, there's some mechanical sounds sometimes that would suggest something's moving but nothing happens. doesnt seem like i can get back to the main cavern

wtf trainwiz

WELCOME TO DARK SOULS THE CLOCKWORK CITY OF SOTHA SIL.

But seriously I can't remember that part. Take a picture of it and I'll see if that jogs my memory

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

this x 3, the area is called outer flooded halls. doesnt really have any other distinctive features

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

grate deceiver posted:

this x 3, the area is called outer flooded halls. doesnt really have any other distinctive features

That's weird. They should open, IIRC.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

idk, the levers can be set to either 'on' or 'off', so im guessing maybe i need to set them in some specific pattern or order? after i pull one there's this sound after a few seconds as if something heavy is moving that is loudest near the point you enter the room, a bit further from the doors, but as i said nothing actually moves

doesnt seem as if there're any mod conflicts either, everything checks out fine

welp, this gonna be fun

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

he finally gets close enough to steal focus and trigger dialog, and a skeleton kills both of you while he's talking

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

lmbo

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

These days you have to buy the horse for 5 extra bucks. smh, bethesda

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So I've been working on map completion in gw2 which is a horrible loving slog, and once I changed my music to the morrowind soundtrack, suddenly I was excited to see new places. Its been tits ever since.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

So I've been working on map completion in gw2 which is a horrible loving slog, and once I changed my music to the morrowind soundtrack, suddenly I was excited to see new places. Its been tits ever since.
Kinda weird that Jeremy Soule didn't make a good soundtrack for that game. I guess the theme for the plant people's home was really nice, but everything else was really meh.

Also I dropped GW2 after like 40 levels as a Mesmer. poo poo wasn't worth it. Call me when they actually make all the classes fun.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I still like the Necessities of Morrowind mod with optional Beer and Tea add ons

that's all I have to say about that

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

SunAndSpring posted:

Kinda weird that Jeremy Soule didn't make a good soundtrack for that game. I guess the theme for the plant people's home was really nice, but everything else was really meh.

Also I dropped GW2 after like 40 levels as a Mesmer. poo poo wasn't worth it. Call me when they actually make all the classes fun.

Mesmer is hands down the worst class in the world to level. I actually had to ban myself from playing any other char just to get that bitch up to 80, but once I was there and had the traits its my second fav class.

(necro is always the pro gamer choice)

e: the tea mod made by that good kicks rear end and everyone should get it because mw endgame is making the prettiest house with all the best artifacts arranged perfectly, and I don't see how that can happen if you don't have a matching tea set and tins.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

SunAndSpring posted:

These days you have to buy the horse for 5 extra bucks. smh, bethesda

• Locked thread