Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ps am no frog posted:

"EU" servers are in the same place as the NA ones. Excal has lots of Euros in PBC.

HiKaizer posted:

Same with most other games it's an attempt to get certain timezones to play together to ensure healthy server populations for that timezone. Also so that everyone speaks the same language.

So, just to clarify. If I make a character on Excalibur and I'm from EU I'll be able to join the goon guild and I'll have the same ping as I would've had otherwise?

Sorry about dumb questions but I just decided to pick this game up and I'll probably be posting a lot more of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Sorry for the dropped frames on the stream, but ahhhhhhhhhh

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Jack Trades posted:

So, just to clarify. If I make a character on Excalibur and I'm from EU I'll be able to join the goon guild and I'll have the same ping as I would've had otherwise?

Yeah, EU and US-labeled servers are actually located in the same data center (in Montreal, I think).

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I finally got my atma guys after putting it off

Time for books

:unsmith:

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

pksage posted:

Sorry for the dropped frames on the stream, but ahhhhhhhhhh

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Finally. Maybe now you'll talk to your friends :smith:

(congrats buddy)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
So has anyone seen a bug where Nael just decides not to dive the MT after Megaflare? We just had a run where the MT had full aggro and the boss decided to bodyslam the entire raid instead of the MT. I would say the tank was just too close except he took no damage and was standing fairly far away :psyduck:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Comic posted:

Even not playing with goons I'd still rather be on a larger server than not. Rolled a character on brynhildr for some friends and every time I play it the place feels so empty in comparison.

I'm on Brynhildr too and I like the people there. Though admittedly it's small enough that people start recognizing you on Hunts.

Of if you strip to your nethers and do the Manderville in the Ul'dah markets all day, like that one guy.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

bonewitch posted:

So has anyone seen a bug where Nael just decides not to dive the MT after Megaflare? We just had a run where the MT had full aggro and the boss decided to bodyslam the entire raid instead of the MT. I would say the tank was just too close except he took no damage and was standing fairly far away :psyduck:

Your white mage pulled aggro over him during Golems. Nael still generates hate even though she's untargetable.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Doublestep posted:

Your white mage pulled aggro over him during Golems. Nael still generates hate even though she's untargetable.

Thats dumb as gently caress

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

bonewitch posted:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

She usually pops it during golems :shrug: I guess we just got unlucky with healing aggro

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

bonewitch posted:

She usually pops it during golems :shrug: I guess we just got unlucky with healing aggro

?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
My group downed T7 today after a couple weeks of chopping at it when our schedules aligned. It was not without, uh... hardship.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Shere posted:

My group downed T7 today after a couple weeks of chopping at it when our schedules aligned. It was not without, uh... hardship.

You're showing me T7 and a dead dragoon, so I'm assuming it went as smoothly as it can possibly go.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Yeah, it only happened once. Tank had a decent aggro lead with shield oath on. No idea why it happened.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rei_ posted:

You're showing me T7 and a dead dragoon, so I'm assuming it went as smoothly as it can possibly go.

T7 is the one place where the dragoon is the least likely person to die/wipe the party, because all the mechanics are huge middle fingers to everyone except melee DPS.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Rei_ posted:

Our group normally has a dead bard, the dragoon is normally fine considering the only source of damage to a dragoon in that fight should be circle blade which is easily dodged as was just mentioned. Our poor, poor bard though...

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

HiKaizer posted:

Our group normally has a dead bard, the dragoon is normally fine considering the only source of damage to a dragoon in that fight should be circle blade which is easily dodged as was just mentioned. Our poor, poor bard though...

Our clear two weeks ago had Melusine get 2 stacks of damage up and Circles of Flame were hitting for 4-4.5k every time. I was the saddest bard :negative:

Maus
Apr 15, 2010

VAC ban(s) on record.

bonewitch posted:

Its a hilarious wipe though

Maus fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 6, 2014

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
T7 is.

finally.

done.

with a pug no less, not my static, and they only spoke mandarin.

kept calling shriek "shake" (SHAKE IS OUT! <se.2>) and the MT kept rebooting, but after seven wipes i have finally gotten my T7 kill as WHM

only one day left to try T8 :(

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Lord help me Im actually enjoying leveling Botany and Mining.

Of course the oddity that ive been able to grind mining on items that are making me 15-50k per level (plus spirit bonding, holy crap gathering materia actually sells for decent ammounts, wooo) helps keep the edge off. If I could only make my chocobro aggressively patrol an area where im gathering it would be a completely painless timesink but I guess I can deal with the occasional stealth.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 6, 2014

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Little late, but I'm on Tonberry!

Awesome, any other goons on Tonberry?

I'm in as Charasi Krursk if anyone wants to friend up.

krursk fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 6, 2014

satsu
Mar 29, 2004

It's a compulsion! I have my reasons.

Maus posted:

I like to think of it as Nael going full dragoon and being all "I'M JUMPIN' GUYS whoops :downs:".
I had a hilarious wipe last night where we hosed up the positioning for the marks we were using for Megaflare/Heavensfall positions and everyone but the tank got crushed by Heavensfall. Bunch of scrubs we are.

bonewitch posted:

Yeah, it only happened once. Tank had a decent aggro lead with shield oath on. No idea why it happened.

In addition to what was said about Shroud, your healer might want to try waiting a sec to AOE heal after Megaflare too. I think this is something that our WHM started doing.

In other news, some new patch 2.4 pictures:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/06062965.html

satsu fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Oct 6, 2014

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
HAHAHA! Qarn is going to be my new favorite with the Cactuar Trio boss. Also, Fenrir, :hellyeah:

satsu
Mar 29, 2004

This picture from Sastasha Hard gives me the willies: http://imgur.com/cZuFgk3 (Linked rather than shown in case someone wants to be surprised.)

Taps in the latent fear and disgust I've had since finding out what a mindflayer was at an early age.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I just realized: with the next patch, all 3 intro dungeons will have a hard mode. Maybe the next LLDR HM dungeons will be Totorak and Aurum Vale? Maximize those tears right before expansion drop.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Castrum/Praetorium hard mode so I can relive 2.0 Philo grinding

satsu
Mar 29, 2004

jwang posted:

I just realized: with the next patch, all 3 intro dungeons will have a hard mode. Maybe the next LLDR HM dungeons will be Totorak and Aurum Vale? Maximize those tears right before expansion drop.

Hard Mode Guildhests, anyone?

More than a Feeler HM?

8-man Ward Up HM? :shepicide:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

satsu posted:

Hard Mode Guildhests, anyone?

More than a Feeler HM?

8-man Ward Up HM? :shepicide:

You know it'll just be Gil Turtle HM 90% of the time anyway.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Aw yiss I am so ready to get all Pirates of the Caribbean up in Sastasha Hard. Now all I can think of is the KH2 level where you had to drag the pirates into the moonlight to hit them, and that would be such a cool miniboss mechanic :swoon:

jwang posted:

For anyone curious, all of the pre-50 dungeons without hard modes after 2.4:

Toto-Rak
Cutter's Cry
Dzemael Darkhold
Aurum Vale

Truly the dregs. Seems likely that 2.5 will be Toto-Tak and Cutter's, and maybe 3.X will give us something neat like AK or WP!

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I misspoke. Maximum tears would be a return of Cutters Cry/Aurum Vale 1.0. Non-legacies would not understand why Yoshi-P is doing this to them, while legacy players would be vindicated in their cynicism that Yoshi-P is actually SaTanaka in disguise.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I kind of want to see AV HM just to see how the forum reacts.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

pksage posted:

Toto-Rak
Cutter's Cry
Dzemael Darkhold
Aurum Vale

They had this planned from the start, didn't they :negative:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

satsu posted:

This picture from Sastasha Hard gives me the willies: http://imgur.com/cZuFgk3 (Linked rather than shown in case someone wants to be surprised.)

Taps in the latent fear and disgust I've had since finding out what a mindflayer was at an early age.

That looks awesome.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Maus posted:

Yeah after sleeping on it, it's pretty hilarious. It was just frustrating last night cause we had a near perfect phase 1 and 2.

The big problem we're having right now is that we're falling just slightly short of pushing phase 4 before the third heavensfall so everyone is running around wildly trying to dodge while our main tank is getting hammered by favor/claw.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bonewitch posted:

Yeah after sleeping on it, it's pretty hilarious. It was just frustrating last night cause we had a near perfect phase 1 and 2.

The big problem we're having right now is that we're falling just slightly short of pushing phase 4 before the third heavensfall so everyone is running around wildly trying to dodge while our main tank is getting hammered by favor/claw.

How are you using your LB3? We've found the best way to do things is caster LB3 nael and the second ghost. You'll take 2% off of nael and about 3/5ths of the ghost's life. Basically start pounding nael right away until the first ghost pops. All DPS focus the ghost and burn it down. From here use pots, cooldowns, whatever to get nael to 49% before the second ghost. Shift DPS over during the LB cast and get ready to pop back onto nael. This is an extremely consistent strategy once you get the groove down. While I've been a part of runs that successfully skipped even the second ghost with a well timed melee LB3, the caster LB strategy has a lot more room for flexibility.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Mr. Nice! posted:

How are you using your LB3? We've found the best way to do things is caster LB3 nael and the second ghost. You'll take 2% off of nael and about 3/5ths of the ghost's life. Basically start pounding nael right away until the first ghost pops. All DPS focus the ghost and burn it down. From here use pots, cooldowns, whatever to get nael to 49% before the second ghost. Shift DPS over during the LB cast and get ready to pop back onto nael. This is an extremely consistent strategy once you get the groove down. While I've been a part of runs that successfully skipped even the second ghost with a well timed melee LB3, the caster LB strategy has a lot more room for flexibility.

We've tried a couple of different ways, last night we were melee lb3'ing nael and we were 1% or so short of skipping the third heavensfall so it might just be a matter of people getting used to the phase and figuring out the best way for dps uptime.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

We melee LB3 Nael after 2nd Heavensfall and phase her that way when clearing regularly and Meteor 2nd Ghost/Nael when selling.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
We don't always have LB3 by the first Ghost. If we do, we caster LB the first Ghost and Nael, with melee DPS sticking on Nael the entire time, and we hit 47% before the second Ghost pops. If we don't, we have it by second Heavensfall, so we melee LB Nael and pray that we get her down fast enough to avoid Garrote Twist and the second ghost.

I used to be very skeptical of the caster LB3 in this fight, but it's pretty solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

For some reason I'm disconnecting from the servers every 5 minutes or so, is that something that occasionally happens?

• Locked thread