Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I like that FumBBL's logo is a die with a one on every side. It's so honest about the true nature of Blood Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Swear to God GFIs are more dangerous than -2DBs

Remember the hole SDS comments on me leaving? I left it because I didn't want to try to GFI and end my turn. It's one thing to end because I failed a 3+ leap, or other elf bullshit. But gfis just knock over your mans and kill them for Nuffle's pleasure. EVERY drat TIME.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Olesh posted:

Also I'm not really sure in what universe you consider Necromantic and Lizards not on the bashy end of the spectrum, but I guess you needed to throw 20% of your games on the other side to make the data fit your point, so whatever.

Well, "bash" is a loose definition, isn't it? Plenty of people play Pact the way it was probably intended to be played- lots of bloaty unreliable big guys- but they also have the potential to be a lightweight murder machine, so I included them with the typical murder teams.
Humans and Amazons can be bashy as gently caress, too. Skaven and Underworld can build 3 clawbombers after just a handful of games. Anyone with 40-50k, G-Access, 0-16 players can create GANGFOUL:THE TEAM.
Lizards have enough weak points to their game that it's hard to consider them a one-note murder team. Skinks, for one, will always ensure that they get as good as they give when it comes to dishing out CAS.

But again, I thought you and Neruz were arguing that there's an epidemic of people seriously playing 100's of games with the sole intention of murdering the other team's players. I've only personally encountered this sort of player twice on Fumbbl. I've had games where most of my Elves/Zons wind up in the CAS box, but sometimes it's just because the dice hosed me and sometimes it's because I played too agressively. Usually it's a bit of both.

If punching your way to the end zone wasn't a legitimate strategy then everyone would play Elves or Skaven because they're the best at reaching the end zone in other ways. So get out of TZs, put your sacrifical lambs in front of their designated murderer, screen until turn 7, score in 2 turns, and keep a deep roster if you've got AV7 or less. Or join a league. The rule set wasn't intended for open play, anyways.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Second Half:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Leaping Fire (Veloxyll, Wood Elf)

Ah so voting right

What skill do we give Flesh "aaahaaah" Gordon?
What skill do we give Wight "Wight Power" Power?
Because nothing changed I assume the vote last match to buy a Ghoul stands. What should we name the new Ghoul?

Voting ends like Wednesday afternoon or something

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Remarkably good game against Wood Elves. A good example of how to play against elves and prevent things from going to poo poo.

We even got two really, really important levels.

Flesh Gordon rolled singles and already has Block, so let's get us some more utility abilities. Guard on a Flesh Golem is insanely effective, since Flesh Golems tend to have a whole bunch of opponents crowded around them. Mighty Blow, on the other hand, makes the team more dangerous as a whole, and increases the potential for him to get Casualties and score more SPP.

Wight Power picked up doubles, and that allows a number of potentially valuable skills. Dodge on a Wight makes him even more effective in the scrum. Side Step is invaluable for making him sticky and tying up important targets. Finally, Accurate works alongside Pass, and Strong Arm can be picked up on the next level to allow for effective passing. However, with no effective catchers on the team, it's not a terribly effective prospect, especially since we're down a Ghoul (that needs SPP from running Touchdowns) and we need the blockers on the front lines.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It was a 2DB if I had cancelled Beefslab and McGruff's TZs. As I said in Chat, I forgot how TZs worked for a moment.

That there was my biggest mistake of the game.

Also Gnu totally should've fouled more. I was dropping wardancers and other statelfs all game. He really should've been stepping on more elfs.

You also only have 4 players with 3 agi too. Shame about the weather really.

Wood Elves - Always Elves everywhere.

Turn 15 is the second lesson in NEVER loving GOING FOR IT. Because that GFI. THAT loving GFI.

I didn't Blitz the ball carrier ONE turn all game. Maybe didn't quite get the dice I needed or made a few minor mistakes. Still, even though I lost (to a GFI of course), I was pretty happy overall. And didn't even have to Apo!

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 6, 2014

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Accurate is the only choice for Wight Power.

Flesh can get, whatever. I don't know. Dirty Player.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Karate Bastard's Amazing Chicken Take-Away

The aliens will never know.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Flesh Gordon, Prince of our Hearts should get Mighty Blow

Wight Power should get Dodge

New Ghoul should be named QB-1 and he's obviously here to avenge the death of his sweetie, Head Cheerleader.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Flesh Gordon is a team player, so let's give him Guard and let Beefslab get the Mighty Blow when he gets 1 more exp (vanity pass!)

Wight Power should get Guard, but he's already a pass wight so lets go for Accurate!

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The teams lacking in guard so Flesh Gordon can have it because guard on st4 pieces is amazing.

Wight Power needs accurate because we already went the pass route and we aren't backing out now!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Guard for Flesh Gordon
Accurate for Wight Power
Name the new Ghoul The Head Ballcatcher and then throw balls at him.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Flesh (AaaaAaaaah!) Gordon knows how to hit hard. Give him Mighty Blow.

Wight Power should get Dodge.

New Ghoul needs to be Assistant Manager.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Seven Deadly Sins posted:

Remarkably good game against Wood Elves. A good example of how to play against elves and prevent things from going to poo poo.

Get lucky when it counts?

Guard

Dodge (Gnu's never gonna pass unless it's desparate, so at least make him an rear end in a top hat to knock down)

El Hijo del Santos. Desperate for another ghoul that can withstand the pressures of Blood Bowl, Fairly Elected turns to the son of its most legendary player!

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

whowhatwhere posted:

Normally I'd agree, but the placement of players was actually really smart for stopping the Wardancer from going ham. A lot of players that just run basic cages get owned when Wardancers just jump in. Lots of attack angles cut off effectively.

Also really, the whole issue with elves is that their dice have to be perfect to get anything done. The more you force them to roll dice, the more chances they have of failing a crucial roll.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Definitely surprised we were able to best an elfy team even with Velox's terrible luck and mistakes. Game needed more fouling, tempted to vote dirty player for every player until this injustice is resolved. I wasn't around when we gave Wight Power passing but that doesn't mean we can't all agree it was a terrible mistake and move on:

Flesh Gordon: Guard - because we got outbashed by elves and skilling mighty blow is pissing Nuffle's eye
Wight Power: Dodge - because it's never too late to make things right
Name new ghoul: Assistant Manager - just another in a long line of forgettable ghouls

What race is next on the chopping block? Dark Elf, High Elf, Human, Nurgle, Ogre, Chaos Dwarves or Underworld. What is our record currently?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Gotta be accurate for the wight, let's turn his impossible dream into a reality.

Then guard on the flolem,there's too many +strength players out there in the wide world, guard will secure many a 2db in an otherwise equal world.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Accurate for Wight Power because passing wight yes

Guard for Flesh Gordon because I like that skill a lot with the kind of guy you can just shove into the line somewhere and have him be incredibly useful.

whowhatwhere posted:

El Hijo del Santos. Desperate for another ghoul that can withstand the pressures of Blood Bowl, Fairly Elected turns to the son of its most legendary player!

And this for the new Ghoul name because that is just fantastic.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Victor Vermis posted:

But again, I thought you and Neruz were arguing that there's an epidemic of people seriously playing 100's of games with the sole intention of murdering the other team's players. I've only personally encountered this sort of player twice on Fumbbl.

They are not hard to find. Seriously all I did was look at the last page or two of black box games played. I could keep going and make every word in this post a murder team if I wanted to.

Skills:

Guard Golem

And uh, well dodge is the usual doubles roll on wights, but gently caress that. He needs accurate. Or hail mary pass. I have seriously never seen a hail mary pass ever in all my time playing BB.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Flesh "aaahaaah" Gordon should pick up Mighty Blow, because none are as mighty as Flesh "aaahaaah" Gordon. Sidestep for Wight Power because Sidestep is one of the most infuriating skills in the entire game.

Jade Star posted:

They are not hard to find. Seriously all I did was look at the last page or two of black box games played. I could keep going and make every word in this post a murder team if I wanted to.

I think Victor is oversimplifying or making assumptions; I'm not trying to say that there's 'an epidemic of people seriously playing 100's of games with the sole intention of murdering the other team's players.' I'm saying that a lot of players, in my experience more than half, will stop trying to score touchdowns once they fall behind or once something goes wrong and will try to just injure as many of the opposing team-members players as possible before the time runs out. I've seen people switch from "I want to score touchdowns" to "I want to punch all your dudes" just because the other player managed to score a 3 turn touchdown.

Now, whether this is actually something that happens a lot I don't know, I also don't know if it's something that happens a lot in Cyanide BB because I don't play Cyanide BB (almost all of my Blood Bowl experience comes from tabletop games I watched and occasionally played back when I was a teenager and hung out at the local Games Workshop), but in my experience a large, possibly majority percentage of people who play Blood Bowl will, once they feel they have fallen behind or once something goes wrong, cease attempting to win the game and will start trying to punch as many people as possible to punish the other player for daring to win the game. This, specifically this, is not fun. I have nothing against bashy teams, I am not however interested in watching someone with a bashy team deliberately ignore the ball for the next 4 turns because they got upset at the elf player rolling two 6's in a row and scoring a touchdown on a GFI and want to just punch as many elves as possible; I have witnessed this occurring over a dozen times and it is boring as poo poo.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Corte posted:

Definitely surprised we were able to best an elfy team even with Velox's terrible luck and mistakes. Game needed more fouling, tempted to vote dirty player for every player until this injustice is resolved. I wasn't around when we gave Wight Power passing but that doesn't mean we can't all agree it was a terrible mistake and move on:

Flesh Gordon: Guard - because we got outbashed by elves and skilling mighty blow is pissing Nuffle's eye
Name new ghoul: Assistant Manager - just another in a long line of forgettable ghouls

What race is next on the chopping block? Dark Elf, High Elf, Human, Nurgle, Ogre, Chaos Dwarves or Underworld. What is our record currently?

That one loving going for it...It's only a 2+ then I can 2db his other puppy and clear the ball. So it's just a 2+ then a 2DB from someone. maybe a 3+ leap to get in. Then a 3+ pickup and a 3+ pass to a marked lineelf, then a 2+ dodge and I win!
And because I only saw that I could GFI to mark the wolf when I'd started moving Mr 5 Agi lino, I didn't have any sort of screen in place.
Or, ya know. someone in scoring position.

Going For Its.
Not even once.

I think Nurgs, UW, maybe CDorf and Ogres are unplayed so far.

Not seeing many histories for ghouls here people.

Guard Because Flesh Gordon is totally a DEFENDER of the Earth.
Accurate because comedy option. WE WILL MAKE YOU PASS EVEN IF IT KILLS WIGHT POWER.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Jade Star posted:

They are not hard to find. Seriously all I did was look at the last page or two of black box games played.

You can find all those but you couldn't find a video of The Macho Man? Shameful. Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q&t=9s

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

whowhatwhere posted:

Guard

Dodge (Gnu's never gonna pass unless it's desparate, so at least make him an rear end in a top hat to knock down)

This yes, except that it should be El Hijo de Santos just for grammar's sake.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Corte posted:

This vote is good enough to be my vote!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Flesh Gordon will get Guard
Wight Power will get Accurate

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

BIG DICK DADDY
Sep 13, 2007

Heidely-ho, neighbor!

apostateCourier posted:

This, plus name the ghoul El Hijo de Santos

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Guard on Flesh Gordon, Dodge on Wight Power, name the new Ghoul My Ghoulfriend

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Corte posted:

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with this vote. I'll make it too.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Victor Vermis posted:

Guard for Flesh Gordon
Accurate for Wight Power
Name the new Ghoul The Head Ballcatcher and then throw balls at him.

This.

The guy with the rapey hitler avatar shows us the way.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Flesh Gordon obviously needs Dirty Player. No I am kidding, Guard even though its boring.

Wight Power should Dodge We need more dodge, seriously we need more dodge. gently caress Strip Ball.

And finally I believe we should name the new ghoul My Ghoulfriend because I was going to suggesting Ghoulfriend but adding the My is much better.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Wight Power should Dodge We need more dodge, seriously we need more dodge. gently caress Strip Ball.

Dodge doesn't stop Strip Ball.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Flesh "aaahaaah" Gordon is allowed to get a good skill like Guard and be useful.

Wight Power though? You're going to pass with that Wight. Give that Wight Accurate. Next level he gets can be Sure Hands or Strong Arm.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Guard, Accurate, My Ghouldfriend.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Flesh Gordan will Guard every one of us

Lets get Dodge for Wight Power because GNU will always be afraid of dice no matter what skills we give him.

Name the Ghoul Always Fouling Elves as a reminder of what must be done

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Jade Star posted:

Skills:

Guard Golem

And uh, well dodge is the usual doubles roll on wights, but gently caress that. He needs accurate. Or hail mary pass. I have seriously never seen a hail mary pass ever in all my time playing BB.

We should totally get an HMPer to punt, and Wight Power is a terrible bigot so why not him?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Haystack posted:

Lets get Dodge for Wight Power because GNU will always be afraid of dice no matter what skills we give him.

In my experience, dodge makes dodges even scarier, especially on a 3 ag player. Makes the failure even more crushing.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Accurate! ACCURATE!

Oh, and Guard I guess

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Accurate and Guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I want to see more boots stepping on elven faces!

Also, for Wight Power, Jump Up is always fun and I'm sure it synergizes with the Necromantic passing game.

• Locked thread