Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Opie Radio Channel. Ughhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Untagged posted:

Opie Radio Channel. Ughhh.

time to bring back the theme song
http://youtu.be/zsdexwdImnk

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Poor Jimmy. Calling it the O&J Show would have been much more appropriate.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Opie Radio EMPIRE!

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

The morning juice with O&J.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Shut up Denny.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

Poor Jimmy. Calling it the O&J Show would have been much more appropriate.
Jim said repeatedly he didn't want his name on it. :shrug:

Still no Anthony and no Jocktober means there is hardly anything left there that I enjoy. Management strangled nearly every other benchmark out of them years ago.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
Couple really funny anthony clips on youtube
http://youtu.be/2S3cy1QGLPE
http://youtu.be/Xgnxte4cJNs

They should all just move into anthony's house and do a show from there.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

Jim said repeatedly he didn't want his name on it. :shrug:

Still no Anthony and no Jocktober means there is hardly anything left there that I enjoy. Management strangled nearly every other benchmark out of them years ago.

I thought Bob Kelly's most recent appearance was funny and the first time since Anthony left that they were having fun. Jim's new thing of throwing out these horrible bombs and yelling DO YOU GET IT at Opie was cracking me up.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Jim Breuer's sister died: https://twitter.com/JimBreuer/status/518705213625364480

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Aw poo poo, that's terrible. He's having a really rotten year so far.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Thats terrible I'm sorry.

How did your parents die?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
You're kiddin'!

Wha happened?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Opie on sickness and why they haven't cured the common cold is further proof of just how dim he really is on most things.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

T Bowl posted:

Opie on sickness and why they haven't cured the common cold is further proof of just how dim he really is on most things.

Why couldn't our ancestors just figure it out?!

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Don't forget, Opie thinks kids don't need to go to school anymore because "we have everything on our phones." So apparently we should be able to cure the common cold with our phones, or something.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Are they not doing Jocktober this year?

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
FYI: Anthony told Lady Di she's "turning into a fine friend of the family" on last Wednesday's show. I was nervous at first, but he made it clear that she's not black... not a racist though, I don't know where people get this crazy idea that he's racist!!!

I need to stop torturing myself...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Was it the rooster?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

T Bowl posted:

His point was that they supposedly have a vaccine/cure for Ebola after 7 months or so of research and yet there is no vaccine/cure for the common cold.

Can't wait for Breuer's long, boring story about his sister dying!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
No one called in to explain that "the common cold" is actually a few hundred differing types of rhinovirus and if we cured one, you'd just get another cold later on anyway? Nobody catches the same cold twice iirc.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

LOL, reddit gold comin your way! :D

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gently caress that guy for maybe talking about his sister dying of unnatural causes sometime in the future. I'm future-mad.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

No one called in to explain that "the common cold" is actually a few hundred differing types of rhinovirus and if we cured one, you'd just get another cold later on anyway? Nobody catches the same cold twice iirc.

Rest assured if someone did Jimmy would say, "that's no way to talk about E-Rock, that fatboy" and then everyone would chuckle because he's "fat" like a rhino and also known as the virus.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Ronny B's truth bomb about his interview with Dr Steve was really interesting. Much like all the uncomfortable moments on the show, at first I thought he was kidding around about it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ozza posted:

Ronny B's truth bomb about his interview with Dr Steve was really interesting. Much like all the uncomfortable moments on the show, at first I thought he was kidding around about it.

I'm sorry which one?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

How Much Art posted:

FYI: Anthony told Lady Di she's "turning into a fine friend of the family" on last Wednesday's show. I was nervous at first, but he made it clear that she's not black... not a racist though, I don't know where people get this crazy idea that he's racist!!!

I need to stop torturing myself...

Well you typed the word out so now you're a racist. Why don't you either stop listening to a guy you apparently hate or relax. It was an obvious attempt at humor, which I guess you didn't pick up on because he used a word that you don't approve of. Shut up. What are you going to do, change his mind about how he thinks about the world? What is he, an actor in your play?

You know what? I cannot loving stand Opie. And one day about a month and a half ago I'm like what am I doing this poo poo sucks. So I stopped listening to it. Now I don't have to spend a part of my day being mad at something and am a much happier person for it. I think maybe you should do that. You can only change yourself.

It's the Advice Show with Stokes.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Stokes posted:

Well you typed the word out so now you're a racist. Why don't you either stop listening to a guy you apparently hate or relax. It was an obvious attempt at humor, which I guess you didn't pick up on because he used a word that you don't approve of. Shut up. What are you going to do, change his mind about how he thinks about the world? What is he, an actor in your play?

You know what? I cannot loving stand Opie. And one day about a month and a half ago I'm like what am I doing this poo poo sucks. So I stopped listening to it. Now I don't have to spend a part of my day being mad at something and am a much happier person for it. I think maybe you should do that. You can only change yourself.

come to the ron and fez side. Opie has loving sucked rancid dicks for years and will continue to do so

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

ChristianDB posted:

come to the ron and fez side. Opie has loving sucked rancid dicks for years and will continue to do so

I do my best to keep up on them. I try and listen to at least a part of their show once or twice a week.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Morter posted:

I'm sorry which one?

He spoke about his appearance on Dr Steve's show talking about his addiction, and said that it was an extremely negative experience. Apparently Dr Steve didn't treat him and his stories with sensitivity, and when Ron was opening up about his horrible experiences as an addict, drunk strangers were wandering in and out of the room, listening in and asking dumb questions. He sounded pretty annoyed at the treatment that he was subjected to. At least, I think he was being serious about that story :tinfoil:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

spudsbuckley posted:

His point was that they supposedly have a vaccine/cure for Ebola after 7 months or so of research and yet there is no vaccine/cure for the common cold.

His point was borderline retarded....

oh actually, full blown retarded.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Stokes posted:

As much as I would love to do this, Jim & most of the comedian guests keep bringing me back. Maybe I just need to develop some filtering software to mute "the Opster" when I'm listening to my illegally obtained shows.

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010

BigPoot posted:

As much as I would love to do this, Jim & most of the comedian guests keep bringing me back. Maybe I just need to develop some filtering software to mute "the Opster" when I'm listening to my illegally obtained shows.

I'm listening to a bunch of their old shows with either Patrice, Louie CK and Jim Jefferies in studio and it gives me the douche chills every time when Opie gets mad and goes into a rant about something loving stupid. That and talking over jokes that go over his head.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

ozza posted:

He spoke about his appearance on Dr Steve's show talking about his addiction, and said that it was an extremely negative experience. Apparently Dr Steve didn't treat him and his stories with sensitivity, and when Ron was opening up about his horrible experiences as an addict, drunk strangers were wandering in and out of the room, listening in and asking dumb questions. He sounded pretty annoyed at the treatment that he was subjected to. At least, I think he was being serious about that story :tinfoil:

That one he did a few years ago? Or has he done another one more recently?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The only thing worse than Opie talking about the common cold is that stuttering turtle-toes idiot Vos yammering on about Israel.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The only thing worse than Opie talking about the common cold is that stuttering turtle-toes idiot Vos yammering on about Israel.

But he's Jewish so he obviously knows what he's talking about.....

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

T Bowl posted:

But he's Jewish so he obviously knows what he's talking about.....

Well heresh the thing...

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

ozza posted:

Was Ron's issue with the interview itself or his treatment behind the scenes? Because I've listened to that interview and there's nothing abnormal about it at all. In fact, it's one of the rare times Ron opens up about his personal life. I found it to be fascinating.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I haven't listened much lately, what are "Questions On The 24" and "Trivia About The Interview"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
If anybody wants a Pepper Hicks avatar

full size

• Locked thread