Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

spotify for listening to only songs you want to RIGHT NOW

slacker radio for better custom radio experience

pandora for multi tasking/watching tv/working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

newreply.php posted:

spotify's catalogue is crap, if i wanted to hear a bunch of poo poo i know already + heard a million times before i'd buy myself a good ole FM radio

that's my problem with radio apps in general

like, pandora eventually got to a point where it was only songs i had explicitly liked, then spotify radio did the same (but with even fewer songs)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

user clicks like on a hophop song

better get that list of top 40 songs from the local "r&b" station and fill his playlist, top it off with eminem and suggest an artist he's never heard of like 50 cent or fifty cent or fall out boy

also nothing makes a song i like into a song i can't loving stand than hearing it every two hours. soundgarden was great and all but really, they had twelve albums or something like that can i please hear something other than black hole sun

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pandora keeps trying to add dubstep to my 80s-sounding synthesizers station and garbage pop rap to my Bay Area station

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

my Bay Area station

lmfao

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

it puts lynyrd skynyrd in my zeppelin station every now and then. no matter how many times i thumbs down it.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
if you want good country music in pandora, plug in "hank snow"

Apr 7, 2003

slip proof stairs posted:

it puts lynyrd skynyrd in my zeppelin station every now and then. no matter how many times i thumbs down it.

Everything I play gets Red Hot Chili Peppers

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
420 janitor mp3s erry'day op

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm just going to assume your taste is music is as basic as everything else you care about

Apr 7, 2003

lol, yes, everything you care about is deep and sophisticated and lets you label other people as "basic"

you're the oldest 15 year old I know

Apr 7, 2003

you just wouldn't understand how meaningful my bay area spotify station is, mom~

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

pandora keeps trying to add dubstep to my 80s-sounding synthesizers station and garbage pop rap to my Bay Area station

i have a rancid radio station. that counts, right?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol, yes, everything you care about is deep and sophisticated and lets you label other people as "basic"

you're the oldest 15 year old I know

people who think there's one right way to do everything usually have very bad taste, yes

Apr 7, 2003

That guy is totally basic. He isn't as sophisticated as I am, the former something awful dot com games forum moderator. I have my own custom Bay Area Music spotify list. My jeans are $200 a pair. I drink $12 beers and listen to music you never even heard of, Chad. Who's the loser now? You're so basic.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

pandora does kind of suck when you're driving and listening to a new station because you can't thumbs down it, you can only skip it and you only have like 5 skips an hour, and my girlfriend skips everything.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

u a real basic bitch pgh stymie

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what the heck kind of genre is "Bay Area"

Apr 7, 2003

I'm comfortable with the person I am and what I like, and I don't feel a need to confabulate "sophisticated" preferences in consumption that I can pretend make me a better person.

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

You've probably never heard of it.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Werthog 95 posted:

white noise :xd:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

short for basic area

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when i canceled my spotify they were real bitches about it. make you choose a reason for leaving first and then they're like "well you can buy two coffees or a pizza OR a month of spotify" like that was going to change my mind. go gently caress yourself spotify

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmUhYSr-e4

Apr 7, 2003

Spotify hosed up my Bay Area station. I keep hearing Oakland music.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpFA3PSFQc

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

pyf bay related songs, gotta show these basic ppl what the genre is all about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPAkRETm7c

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trKTeJPSlf8

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9tyMp5A03k

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn2ux5vRHk

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

look tori it's cool if you like dumb music, plenty of the stuff I like is dumb but I'm tired of when you refuse to take a position and instead just revert to your usual strawman building exercises

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

seriously what is a Bay Area station

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

rotor posted:

like i could be ok with the ads if it wasn't the same loving ad every goddamn 10 minutes for hours

the other day they played an ad for spotify radio while i was listening to spotify radio

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

look tori it's cool if you like dumb music, plenty of the stuff I like is dumb but I'm tired of when you refuse to take a position and instead just revert to your usual strawman building exercises

Mom, it isn't rock, it's Bay Area Music! *rolls eyes*

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
jesus this thread is embarassing thanks tori

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

Mom, it isn't rock, it's Bay Area Music! *rolls eyes*

no it's rap music from the san francisco bay area which is probably why I was mad they keep recommending eminem and drake go in it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

no it's rap music from the san francisco bay area which is probably why I was mad they keep recommending eminem and drake go in it

does pandora know anything about geography? the more i think about it, the more i would believe it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

irock109.com

spotify is ok, but eventually all you get is hits

unless you put some lesser known band

like i put blind melon and that meant spotify thought i wanted 90s hits :3:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

iOS havers, go download TuneIn Radio Pro, it suits many needs for streaming radios. Probably my most used app on the ipad, hell I have a cheap kindle anroid in the kitchen plugged into speakers and that plus spotify are literally the only apps on it.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tunein-radio-pro/id319295332?mt=8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

prefect posted:

does pandora know anything about geography? the more i think about it, the more i would believe it

considering that Eminem is from Detroit and Drake is from fuckin Toronto, no

• Locked thread