Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hahahahahaha.

My roommate just got home and yelled, "Yo my aunt just made this bomb rear end apple crisp pie for us!" and proceeded to drop it on the carpet. loving dying right now.

On a scale from sober to fireball, where are you right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

Geirskogul posted:

On a scale from sober to fireball, where are you right now?

I'd like to solve the puzzle. "Likely watching Tim and Eric," so probably not much, Pat?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Viggen posted:

Thanks. After reading GBS for a couple hours - NOW I feel filthy.

It is the new version, which tells you how to work your sex offender status into your negging.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

nm posted:

It is the new version, which tells you how to work your sex offender status into your negging.

"Thanks to Megan's Law, I get to meet new people bitches all the time."

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Snapchat Goons: Freiburger from Hot Rod Magazine / Roadkill fame just posted this:

So, if you've ever wanted to send dick pictures / snaps of your ride to one half of the Roadkill crew, you're in luck :v:

EDIT: Apparently, his Snapchat is HotRodNetwork.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 6, 2014

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I get up at 5AM for work guys, jeez. So I only drank two Natty Daddies. And I just drank a coffee so I'm good. That pie was bomb as gently caress though minus the dirt.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rscott posted:

When I lived in flint the day before Halloween was called devils night and the tradition was to burn down abandoned buildings and get up to other assorted mischief
Luckily, nobody lives there anymore.

I think.

Viggen posted:

too many loving archer avatars its like hard to tell which are the perpetually drunk, which are on heroin, and which actually own a car
:q:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Viggen posted:

too many loving archer avatars its like hard to tell which are the perpetually drunk, which are on heroin, and which actually own a car

Who here doesn't own a car? :yikes:

edit: Saw a Morris Minor convertible tonight but didn't have a chance to take a pic. :(

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 6, 2014

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CharlesM posted:

edit: Saw a Morris Minor convertible tonight but didn't have a chance to take a pic.

It's like the guys who show up to Corvette club meetings in a dodge omni, wearing Corvette branded jacket and cap. Somehow, their 'Vette just happens to always be in the shop whenever a club meet rolls around, wouldn't you know it?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

5% RockAuto discount code, good through end of November: 256174906647365

CharlesM posted:

They know who they are. :colbert:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Viggen posted:

5% RockAuto discount code, good through end of November: 256174906647365
They always have one, just google "rockauto 5%" whenever you need to buy something.

edit: 2456485322894504

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Cage posted:

They always have one, just google "rockauto 5%" whenever you need to buy something.

edit: 2456485322894504

Yeah, I know. They sent me this one which wasn't on RetailMeNot. <:smuggo:>

I feel completely retarded. I finally broke out the ohmmeter and tested the old coil pack vs the new coil pack in the Explorer. They don't match up.

The replacement coil pack is lined up like this (as it shows in the Ford documentation):

4|6|5
3|2|1

The old coil pack was lined up (and fired correctly as):

6|5|4
3|2|1

It looks like the same pack, and I don't see a single Ford coilpack that fires 6|5|4 like that. Why does/did it? :iiam:

No wonder it was missing and fouling plugs now. I also found that one of my 'new' plug wires from RA was arcing and had a crack in the boot. Replacing that fixed the other random pop. Guess I should finish the fluids and go register the beast. Its time to rereg the 9-5 which needs a new headgasket, too. Fun, fun. :v:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 6, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

CharlesM posted:

I don't own a car. It owns me.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

The first Formula E race was last month. I just watched the FIA's highlight reel of it..it's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVM24Jiqn8

The ending was ridiculous. Prost had no reason to dart left.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCU-HpHdE7Y

I love the Top Truck Challenge. That green S10 :allears:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

T1g4h posted:

I love the Top Truck Challenge. That green S10 :allears:

Which one is that? I don't know, and I tend to watch youtube videos in tl;dr format with sound off. Is it the one with the spare on the front? How do they see?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

General_Failure posted:

Which one is that? I don't know, and I tend to watch youtube videos in tl;dr format with sound off. Is it the one with the spare on the front? How do they see?

Yeah, the green one with the spare on the front. I'm pretty sure they only did that for that event to get some extra traction up front for that hillclimb.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, the green one with the spare on the front. I'm pretty sure they only did that for that event to get some extra traction up front for that hillclimb.

Thanks for humouring me. I hope that's the case. It looks like it'd be a pretty major handicap otherwise. So does that mean the rules allow shuffling things around for challenges?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

General_Failure posted:

Thanks for humouring me. I hope that's the case. It looks like it'd be a pretty major handicap otherwise. So does that mean the rules allow shuffling things around for challenges?

I'm assuming so, for minor stuff like that it doesn't seem to be a huge deal. I know later on when he's doing the Frame Twister section he doesn't have it mounted there (Or anywhere, as far as I can see). Top Truck seems to be pretty lax on stuff like that.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I'm sure someone in this thread originally recommended 'next car game' on steam?

The latest update gave it online multiplayer and it is great fun! - 18 player destruction derby :)

Is anybody else playing it?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tomarse posted:

I'm sure someone in this thread originally recommended 'next car game' on steam?

The latest update gave it online multiplayer and it is great fun! - 18 player destruction derby :)

Did they fix the godawful handling? I know they completely redid the engine and it made the cars handle like absolute poo poo. It was basically impossible to get proper airtime off jumps and if you turned off assists, they either plowed through corners or spun out the instant you touched the throttle :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tomarse posted:

I'm not touching it until it's loving done. it's sad to see early access game after early access game "released" completely unfinished while the dev starts another kickstarter for their next piece of poo poo.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

I'm not touching it until it's loving done. it's sad to see early access game after early access game "released" completely unfinished while the dev starts another kickstarter for their next piece of poo poo.

So you bought Spacebase DF-9 too, huh?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

No, i've been following planetary annihilation waiting for the release.

They "released" it completely unfinished and janky as hell, and have started the bullshit circle again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MrChips posted:

Not loving trusting DoubleFine for a long, long time. gently caress those guys.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

angryhampster posted:

The first Formula E race was last month. I just watched the FIA's highlight reel of it..it's interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVM24Jiqn8

The ending was ridiculous. Prost had no reason to dart left.

I know, Prost is a dickhead. I like Nick, he deserved to win!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

T1g4h posted:

Did they fix the godawful handling? I know they completely redid the engine and it made the cars handle like absolute poo poo. It was basically impossible to get proper airtime off jumps and if you turned off assists, they either plowed through corners or spun out the instant you touched the throttle :(

I don't have a problem with the handling but I'm playing in default auto mode so have no idea what it's like without any assists.
I always go for playing driving stuff as games rather than accurate driving simulators.

Powershift posted:

I'm happy because It's finished enough to play and works perfectly for me and is really fun. I'm getting my £20 worth out of it.
I only have this and carmageddon reincarnation on early access. Carmageddon is too slow and buggy to be playable. Next car game however is working perfectly.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Tomarse posted:

I don't have a problem with the handling but I'm playing in default auto mode so have no idea what it's like without any assists.
I always go for playing driving stuff as games rather than accurate driving simulators.

I just gave it a shot, and it's better than it was. When they first reworked the engine, assists off was basically unplayable with a 360 pad, and assists at full was pretty much an instant win button because the car just gripped like tarmac. Now I can actually drift corners with all the assists off, so they've made progress at least. Still can't really get as much air as you could before they redid the engine though :sigh:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I was at an air show yesterday. Got horribly sunburned, and now today I've got like... deep muscle aches in my arms (which got the worst of it). I also slept for like 14 hours.

How hosed am I?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Fucknag posted:

I was at an air show yesterday. Got horribly sunburned, and now today I've got like... deep muscle aches in my arms (which got the worst of it). I also slept for like 14 hours.

How hosed am I?

Drink some Gatorade with minimal/no booze in it. Welcome to the outside world. If your limbs are stinging, you are a bit late, but soaking washcloths in white vinegar and letting it sit for hours on affected areas (until sting dies off) works quite well. Don't bathe afterwards for several hours. Burn-B-Gone.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tomarse posted:

Hmm, might have to give this a shot if multiplayer is involved.

Also: God damnit, both of my BMW's are out. Well, the E30 is a project, so it isn't expected to be running, but now my daily's being a jerk. At least I don't start my new job until next Monday, so I have a week to figure it out.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fucknag posted:

How hosed am I?

Its cancer.

Try applying aloe vera every few hours. Bonus if you keep it in the fridge, feels amazing.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Guys, I just found out about yik yak. Why is it a thing? I'm more than a year behind what the cool kids are doing with social media, is this what it's like to be in your 40s?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Guys, I just found out about yik yak. Why is it a thing? I'm more than a year behind what the cool kids are doing with social media, is this what it's like to be in your 40s?

What the gently caress is Yik Yak?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Cat Terrist posted:

What the gently caress is Yik Yak?

It's anonymous twitter. If you don't live on a college campus don't bother with it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Baller Witness Bro posted:

twitter knockoff.

So worthless shitheap of unreadable dribble then?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

So worthless shitheap of unreadable dribble then?

No, a knockoff of that.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

It's actually genius despite how specific it is to your location. It's great to post anonymously but it wouldn't mean anything if it were posted to everyone in the world. They limit it to ~1.5 miles from your location AFAIK so that when you make a post there's some semblance of a chance that readers will understand what the gently caress you're talking about.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
It's every bit as bad as you could imagine with the added comfort of knowing people within 1.5 miles of you are goddamn illiterate racists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

MonkeyNutZ posted:

It's every bit as bad as you could imagine with the added comfort of knowing people within 1.5 miles of you are goddamn illiterate racists.

You should come to terms with the fact that this describes literally everywhere you could exist in the world.

I think it's really interesting. It's pretty brutal though to see what people REALLY say with anonymity.

If you guys think Yik Yak is bad, you should download Unseen. It's like anonymous instagram instead. The poo poo people will say to girls that post their pics is unreal. It's like a direct GBS feed of "PSSSHHHH FATASS BITCH GO RUN ON A TREADMILL!!!" from everyone when you know they too look like poo poo.

• Locked thread