Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Exclusive leaked screenshots from Way of the Samurai 6:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is incredibly romantic.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shindragon posted:

gently caress you say about Guacamelee?

I will suplex you to oblivion muchao. :colbert:

Jokes aside I didn't end up liking Guacamelee much by the end. The platforming just gets too crazy, especially since you have to do poo poo like Tree Tops to get the good ending. I never went to Calaca's stage at all.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Jokes aside I didn't end up liking Guacamelee much by the end. The platforming just gets too crazy, especially since you have to do poo poo like Tree Tops to get the good ending. I never went to Calaca's stage at all.

The fact that the good ending is only available through additional shenanigans is just infuriating. Also, content-wise it wasn't a very varied game. I liked it for what is was worth, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Guacamelee was fun for what it was, but it was a Metroidvania and those have a really big problem with overstaying their welcome.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

I can't wait to see the fanart this inspires :allears:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Woolie looks at loving home there :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PiedPiper posted:

The fact that the good ending is only available through additional shenanigans is just infuriating. Also, content-wise it wasn't a very varied game. I liked it for what is was worth, though.

Yeah I wasn't upset that I bought it, I just felt the endgame needed to dial it back, even Jaguar's stage was a bit beyond the platforming I really wanted to do.

Props to them for the overall design though, the combat, the platforming, and everything else blends together nicely.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

The Kins posted:

"They say Woolie was never the same when he returned from Japan."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

The Kins posted:

ARE YOU READY... FOR BUSHIDO BLACK! (Now playing in glorious Havanavision)

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Commissar Ken posted:

ARE YOU READY... FOR BUSHIDO BLACK! (Now playing in glorious Havanavision)

Only if Bushido Blade 3 - Bushido Black: The Movie: The Video Game were a thing. I would play the gently caress out of that. I miss Bushido Blade. :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Usually the DS playthrough can trudge through Pat's weird "read all the lore, never read a single guide" quirk, but they're at the point where his misrepresentation of information is actively slowing them down really hard. Mainly the "Navlan only invades if you were hollow when you freed him" and the whole Giants souls mechanic with Vendrick.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I like how Vendrick's boring rear end fight makes it on the to-do list but Darklurker's been completely forgotten about

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeesh. Are they still hungover at this point? Aside from rolling through the Giant Lord's swings, holy poo poo Woolie kind of played like dogshit in this episode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It could be possible Woolie and Pat are like hour 7 into a sessions because they probably wanted to beat the main game before the duo go to Japan for a month effectively.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

The Kins posted:

The best thing about these pictures if that if you imagine Pat in Woolie's place and change literally nothing else, the genre changes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeesh. Are they still hungover at this point? Aside from rolling through the Giant Lord's swings, holy poo poo Woolie kind of played like dogshit in this episode.

He really goes straight DSP against Navlaan

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Blockhouse posted:

Nah, DSPing is when you do something completely wrong AND blame everything else besides yourself.

Woolie is just getting backseat-gaming'ed by Pat too much at this point.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

ApeHawk posted:

Nah, DSPing is when you do something completely wrong AND blame everything else besides yourself.

While I'd agree that Woolie could benefit from less direction I don't think it's Pat's fault he just forgot he had a shield for two attempts.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Is everyone back to being salty about Pat's DS2 knowledge now that they're done being salty over the Walking Dead playthrough?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
no one's ever done beingsalty

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Is everyone back to being salty about Pat's DS2 knowledge now that they're done being salty over the Walking Dead playthrough?

You cannot halt the salt avalanche, only redirect it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Kins posted:

well now he has to commit seppuku since he ran like a coward from navlaan. pathetic

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Guacamelee's pretty good, but you need to know that it's not so much a Metroidvania as it is a challenging platformer with Metroid elements. A lot of people go into it expecting SoTN-level platforming and get wrecked. Honestly, I didn't find it to be all that hard (although I didn't go for Tree Tops), and I'm not great at these types of games. In fact, that's probably why I really liked Guacamelee, it's got the right level of platforming, simple but rewarding combat system and optional stuff.

Also, the hell, doing obtuse "secret" stuff to get a good ending is a proud tradition of Metroidvanias dating back to SoTN.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Whoa now, let's not say anything we can't take back. Not that I wasn't having to restrain myself from dope-slapping the screen when he was trying to tank Navlaan by blocking with a greatsword, but at least he doesn't act surprised when he gets his rear end kicked after failing to dodge or manage his items properly.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

*Woolie two-hands his greatsword against Giant Lord, whose attacks are largely unblockable*

Pat: what are you doing Woolie???? you're insane!!!!

*Woolie dodges every attack and kills the boss super fast*

Woolie is right to trust his manmoding instincts.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Not that I wasn't having to restrain myself from dope-slapping the screen when he was trying to tank Navlaan by blocking with a greatsword, but at least he doesn't act surprised when he gets his rear end kicked after failing to dodge or manage his items properly.

Honestly, I think it's better to die a bunch of times 2-handing weapons than slowly progress by 1-handing. You get better at the game much faster when you don't slowly cheese enemies with shields.

If only Woolie could learn to switch to 1-h when he needs to block and then quickly 2-h when he needs to attack

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 6, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He needs to take out the feather from his item rotation, because the number of times he has it equipped instead of healing has been increasing lately.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
You can wait for the statue head to roll and kill the giants. Was getting a little annoyed at the impatience. Woolie completely destroyed the boss though. Made it look easy even.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Minorkos posted:

*Woolie two-hands his greatsword against Giant Lord, whose attacks are largely unblockable*

Pat: what are you doing Woolie???? you're insane!!!!

*Woolie dodges every attack and kills the boss super fast*

Woolie is right to trust his manmoding instincts.

Honestly, I think it's better to die a bunch of times 2-handing weapons than slowly progress by 1-handing. You get better at the game much faster when you don't slowly cheese enemies with shields.

If only Woolie could learn to switch to 1-h when he needs to block and then quickly 2-h when he needs to attack

Oh the Giant Lord was fine, Woolie handled that like a pro, that just made it more mind boggling that he stopped dodging and just stood there holding a great sword ineffectually in front of his face when Navlaan showed up.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh the Giant Lord was fine, Woolie handled that like a pro, that just made it more mind boggling that he stopped dodging and just stood there holding a great sword ineffectually in front of his face when Navlaan showed up.

Ever make a dumb mistake? Happens to all of us, I don't think we should hold Woolie to a unrealistically high standard of play for his (kinda) first Souls experience.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's nothing unrealistic about that standard though, he's been mostly doing fine all game and then he just stands there and blocks with his sword.

Twice.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

There's nothing unrealistic about that standard though, he's been mostly doing fine all game and then he just stands there and blocks with his sword.

Twice.

He's been using shields for 90% of the playthrough, then he switches to 2h outta nowhere after playing for god knows how long and muscle memory fucks him over.

It's fine. Geez, I'm never showing you guys my first DS2 playthroughs, I'm pretty sure I died enough to clear out some enemies at some areas.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Twice.

Thinking Woolie will never make a dumb mistake is extremely unrealistic, yes. I've played about 400 hours of Souls games, and I guarantee if you recorded 30 hours of footage where I played and talked at the same time, you'd find a few fuckups on that level.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Seriously you guys would be at my throat for some of this. You need to stop being a bunch of butts about how they play DS2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sorry, I was born a butt and I'll die a butt.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

hoobajoo posted:

Ever make a dumb mistake? Happens to all of us, I don't think we should hold Woolie to a unrealistically high standard of play for his (kinda) first Souls experience.

Not to mention the raw panic that the sound of an invasion instils on you.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

Not to mention the raw panic that the sound of an invasion instils on you.

The sound of an invasion is the sound of a serial killer entering your house.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
every time i get invaded my blood runs cold since i know im in for a lovely lag filled duel thats a waste of everyones time

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hoobajoo posted:

The sound of an invasion is the sound of a serial killer entering your house.

No, it sounds like someone sticking a steak in front of you and saying "I hope you like this!"

You people need to learn to dehumanize yourself and face your bloodlust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

At some point over the course of 3 games the reaction has changed from "oh god drat it" to "YEAH PARTY TIME MOTHERFUCKERS!"