Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
^^^Yea, but after you heal you get to choose again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Do any of you know of an Excel sheet or something floating around that's got all the sets and everything in them? I'd like to do an inventory of all my HeroClix so I know exactly what I've got but drat is that going to take a long time if I have to type everything in manually. Alternately, is there something else free out there that'll do the job?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

Do any of you know of an Excel sheet or something floating around that's got all the sets and everything in them? I'd like to do an inventory of all my HeroClix so I know exactly what I've got but drat is that going to take a long time if I have to type everything in manually. Alternately, is there something else free out there that'll do the job?

Besides the Units section on HCrealms?

Some people have mentioned the Clix HD iTunes app, but I can't see how that's updated often enough to keep up.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

ManiacClown posted:

Ah, WizKids, you paragons of consistency. :shrug:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1271

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Besides the Units section on HCrealms?

Can you share that with anyone, though? It looks like it's just for your eyes only, and not even in a very user-friendly appearance.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'd kill for access to HCRealms' database, I really would.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

I'd kill for access to HCRealms' database, I really would.

CapnAndy
[BLOOD DONOR]

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Can you share that with anyone, though? It looks like it's just for your eyes only, and not even in a very user-friendly appearance.

If I copy/paste from the 'My Haves' sub-section on Units (just using the SF set as an example), I get:

STREET FIGHTER
007 Guile
010 Dee Jay
015 Sagat

So you'd at least get set names and individual dials - you'd have to fill in quantity.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Does HCRealms have a function to save team builds? I know they do H/W lists.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Final month 4 WoL tonight, 400 point 2 WoL boosters, I pulled six Star Sapphires and the ring so I listened to the cosmic message being sent my way and ran a Sapphire theme:

180 Fatality
Guy Gardner
Soranik w/Predator
Ring

Unlike the WizKids Open a few weeks ago, my dice were on fire. Fatality grabbed the ring all three games (took a few tries in the second game) and I made almost every Shape Change roll, and of course missing them just meant the opposition was eating Mystics. Soranik was clutch, keeping Fatality on her top two clicks at all times and occasionally tossing out theme Probs. Only six people were present and there was an Atrocitus for everybody, though, so it would've been nice to dominate like this at an event where coming in first actually mattered, but beggars can't be choosers.

zgrowler2 posted:

They don't sadly. I miss Battleplanner, that thing was the best :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

zgrowler2 posted:

You can print it, or take a screenshot.

It's not the best system, but man...

:eng99:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Magenta is up. She's a TK machine and can act as a secondary attacker. She's basically a low-grade Magneto, as her Attack special gives her TK and lets her use it as a free action after being given a move action. She's fragile, though.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Magenta is an incredible board control piece, and I'm honestly a little bummed that a dial so good isn't on a Magneto.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The "can't ignore it for movement" part of that effect really sells it, she's a pretty nice piece otherwise but that will definitely make whoever else is doing ranged attacks on her team very happy.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Years ago I bought some Marvel Heroclix figures (only 6 of them had cards) just for collecting reasons. Now my friends are really into the game and I want to get into the game too. I was wondering, should I buy an starter set or should I just try to make something out of the figures I have?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

radlum posted:

Years ago I bought some Marvel Heroclix figures (only 6 of them had cards) just for collecting reasons. Now my friends are really into the game and I want to get into the game too. I was wondering, should I buy an starter set or should I just try to make something out of the figures I have?
You can try to make a team with them, but due to power creep in the game, it probably will always lose to your friends newer teams. There are some cool starters/fast forces that have come out recently though. If you're a marvel fan, there has been in the last year:

Inhumans Royal Family Fast Forces (fun pieces, has: Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Lockjaw Karnak and Gorgon)
Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Set (Ronan and the team, all based on the movie)
There was an Avengers vs. X-Men starter set, well two of them one for Avengers and one for X-Men that came out last November mainly? I got started with the X-Men set, and I loved it. I know my shop still has some of the X-Men starter, but these might be a little harder to find.

The Inhumans Fast Forces is the newest and cheapest if that is a factor for you. It won't come with the rules, but you can download those for free on the heroclix rules website here.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 5, 2014

radlum
May 13, 2013
Thanks! I think I'll try to get the AvX X Men starter or the Inhuman Fast Forces if they are available in my local store.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
does it really up cost of the fast forces that much to include the loving rulebook in them?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

just download the rulebook for free

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I may have just had my luckiest sealed day ever.

I just decide to buy a random booster when I get in the store. Chase loving Doom.

WOL, I pull a red spectre who was one of my big wants.

Afterwards due to low turnout, we can buy more boosters. I get a loving Ion.

Whoo.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
Well, tomorrow night is "Con in Your Store". The way the judge is running it is you buy 3-4 boosters and you use one booster per battle royale. Each battle consists of four players with a booster draft format and then build. After the game is over, there is a "Snake Draft" for the prizes for that battle royale. Then, you draw cards again to see who you play with, and then use your next booster for the next battle royale. The judge thought this would eliminate the issues of one person getting a really good booster and just owning the night. This way, you redraft each game. We'll have to see how it works out, but it's looking to be fairly expensive. Instead of the MASSIVE amount of WoL boosters we have at the store, the judge has opted to use GotG, of which I basically have everything I want. My luck has been pretty bad as of late, so I'm really wondering if it's worth spending another 40-50 on a set I have most of if there's only a slim chance to get any good prizes.

We've got several sets of the four horsemen in, one of each of the previous few years con prizes (not the current though), the various constructs, and a TON of FCBD Thor and FCBD Iron Man. Of which, I'm really only interested in the Vampire Wolverine, Apocalypse, WL Batman, Venom, four horsemen, and some of the constructs. Getting the feeling I'll likely have to settle for just a bunch of GotG figures though.

Anyone else run the "Con In Your Store" stuff yet and have any experiences to share?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

There's a local church where the youth pastor runs a monthly game, where it's mainly younger kids and a few players who know what they're doing. They play that any figure is legal. I went there for the second time yesterday now that I live in the area. The build was 500 points and your team had to be themed. Because I've been waiting a very long time to do so, I ran Nextwave. Predictably, I mostly got my rear end handed to me because none of them take a hit worth a drat, but it's nice having a place to play where I don't have to worry about winning, as they instead give out Fellowship, Stewardship (who best took care of the game itself and other players), and most improved player. I don't even worry about the prizes there because the kids could use them more than I can. It's just good to have a non-competitive environment.

Next month is 400 points with no resources, characters must have a printed 0 Range (powers that grant a higher Range are allowed), and it's a 5-character minimum with no character over 100. That should be a fun build.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yesterday was Month 5 WoL, and the venue was wise enough to have over ordered and saved boosters from both waves so we had one of each, 600 points with the green battery and months 1-4 constructs available. I ran:

Graf Toren w/Predator
Rankorr
Bedovian
Boddikka
Red Guy
4 construct Lantern

The first two games played much the same: drop Decoy on Bedovian, TK him out with Rankorr, snipe something past usefulness. Drop Crossbow on Graf, pick EE from Predator, murder something, wound everything near it, Web the cluster, Outwit, Bedovian kills something else. Drop Axe on Boddikka, she and Guy clean up what's left. Both games took less than 30 minutes.

Round 3 my opponent had Sodam Yat, Weaponer, a blue and a yellow recruit, and a three construct battery. The sole reason I lasted as long as I did was due to my abundance of Shape Change and some lucky rolls, otherwise he'd have gotten me in five minutes. A lucky Blades from Boddikka and Graf picking Predator's Cosmic Love were the only reasons I was able to KO Sodam, but between him and the recruits it was enough to shoot me into third place for an Indigo-1. I only hope I pull as well as that opponent when Nekron is on the line, short of themselves there's not much that could put a dent in that team.

That Predator is also for trade, I'd really love to get Entity if possible.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Finally sorted all that stuff and got a list together before I start listing stuff on Ebay. It's mostly gonna go up as bulk lots with the items that sell for $10+ going up individually. If you are interested in commons/uncommons, I have them. There isn't much of an order to this list yet and these are just chases/primes, with the exception of WoL:

showtime posted:

SLoSH

Orion 060
Guardian 059
Superman 061
Kalibak 058

Black Witch 047b x2
Edward Nigma 037b x3
Cheetah 017b x2
Mon-El 005b

GotG

Skrull 061
Super Skrull 067
Mole Man 063
Red Skull 066
Morbius 064

Dr. Minerva 019b x4
Captain Marvel 007b x2

IIM

Iron Viking 052
Iron Engine 055 x2
Iron Paladin 053 x2
Iron Slayer 054 x3
Iron Soldier 056
Iron Pharoah 051

Sasquatch 019b x2
Silver Centurion 001b x4
War Machine 029b x2
Hyperion 041b x2

TT

Inertia 059
Persuader 060
Superboy Prime 062

Slobo 017b
Beast Boy 005b x2
Ravager 037b

DP
Kingpin 061

The Professor 007b x2
Cat 047b

WoL

Adara 067 x2
Predator 068 x2
Ophidian 063
Entity 061 x2
Proselyte 064

Black Hand 060
Superboy Prime 057a x2
Morro 054
Galius Zed 058 x2
Spectre 050b
Hal Jordan and Sinestro 052
Swamp Thing 053
Parallax (Kyle Rayner) 055
Despotellis 099

Tomar Tu 013b
Abin Sur 046b
Laira 020b

If you want a specific rare/super rare from each set i'm almost certain I have it. There are plenty of Beyonder, White Witch, Bizarro, Deadpool and Bob, Iron Man and War Machine, etc. I somehow have 2 complete Power Plants w/ all 10 rings, a complete Phoenix Force and a bunch of Teen Titan team bases. I also have a Trigon from TT.

If you want to purchase any of the bulk common/uncommon/rares, let me know. I'm in the process of taking pictures to list the items on ebay.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Very interested in Zombie Morbius, Zombie Kingpin and WoL Superboy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I sent a PM

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
I'm interested in prime Cheetah, WoL Superboy Prime, and White Witch. I don't have PMs, but if you want to shoot me an e-mail at eckertmania at gmail, that's be awesome.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I'm interested in the 057a Superboy Prime and Entity. I don't have PMs, but my gmail is showlinfunk- thanks!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I'd be interested in cheetah, hyperion prime, and the generic Skrull zombie.

Shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a trade/deal?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

PM sent. Aside from the Power Plant I'm interested in the WOL primes w/Constructs other than Laira (I have her) and maybe some other WOL stuff. I'm basically looking for anything on this list that I don't have, but there's little besides the SRs I don't have at this point— surprisingly, Blue Lantern Recruits are among that. I'm also interested in GotG stuff, particularly Karnak, Lockjaw, and Medusa. I have to have time time to go through the list on that. Is there any DoFP, Iron Maiden, or Pacific Rim in there?

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
Pulled a goddamned chase zombie magneto in sealed. That is only my second chase ever.... All of the other players in the battle royale made sure to gang up and take me out first so I had no shot at keeping it.

Walked away with a couple SR figures, two of Apocalypse's horsemen, and two constructs for lanterns I don't use.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

PM sent. Aside from the Power Plant I'm interested in the WOL primes w/Constructs other than Laira (I have her) and maybe some other WOL stuff. I'm basically looking for anything on this list that I don't have, but there's little besides the SRs I don't have at this point— surprisingly, Blue Lantern Recruits are among that. I'm also interested in GotG stuff, particularly Karnak, Lockjaw, and Medusa. I have to have time time to go through the list on that. Is there any DoFP, Iron Maiden, or Pacific Rim in there?

I have plenty of GotG rares and i'm pretty sure I have what you've mentioned. Just make an offer on stuff like that and i'll go look through the stuff for it. No DoFP or Iron Maiden. There is a little Pacific Rim. It looked like mostly the Kaiju and no Jaegers.

I think I responded to everyone. I didn't really leave much haggle room, but there is a little if you are buying multiple things. I just use ebay completed auctions and find a good price on the lower end.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Anyone know if it's possible for stores to order WoL boosters outside of OP events? My local CCG shop has no substantial HeroClix demand (they do MtG, YuGiOh, and Warhammer, for the most part), but I don't wanna have to drive an hour out of town to get boosters that aren't one guy's shop's dwindling supply of WXM, IIM, and MOS.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

zgrowler2 posted:

Anyone know if it's possible for stores to order WoL boosters outside of OP events? My local CCG shop has no substantial HeroClix demand (they do MtG, YuGiOh, and Warhammer, for the most part), but I don't wanna have to drive an hour out of town to get boosters that aren't one guy's shop's dwindling supply of WXM, IIM, and MOS.

If Fear Itself is any indication, 6 months from now, you can get them on Amazon/eBay for $20-ish.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Red posted:

If Fear Itself is any indication, 6 months from now, you can get them on Amazon/eBay for $20-ish.

Great, thanks.

Last question for now (I think): what's the most cost-effective way to get 60-80 Clix for demonstration purposes? Don't really care what they are as long as there are some recognizable faces to draw potential new players in. Troll and Toad sells random Clix by the pound for $15 before shipping and that's looking like my best bet.

A couple of friends and I are looking to demo a few games at the local shop to try and get other people into the game, but we'd prefer to have a pool of Clix that's reasonably diverse/balanced within itself for people to pick up and play with.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

zgrowler2 posted:

Great, thanks.

Last question for now (I think): what's the most cost-effective way to get 60-80 Clix for demonstration purposes? Don't really care what they are as long as there are some recognizable faces to draw potential new players in. Troll and Toad sells random Clix by the pound for $15 before shipping and that's looking like my best bet.

A couple of friends and I are looking to demo a few games at the local shop to try and get other people into the game, but we'd prefer to have a pool of Clix that's reasonably diverse/balanced within itself for people to pick up and play with.

Buying by the pound sounds like a good deal, and you can probably find good lots on eBay.

If it were me, I'd suggest signing up for an account on HCrealms.com, get on the forums, and ask about buying someone's pile of commons/uncommons. There are players with huge collections that have bought bricks, and are loaded with C/Us they'd love to unload. You'll probably do best there - just make sure to buy from people with good ratings. They have buy/sell/trade subforums.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

Great, thanks.

I can sell you by the pound commons/uncommons. You can pick the set. If you were interested we could even work out some kind of lot that would include some rares. Not sure how much you are trying to spend, but I can do my best to beat whatever troll and toad has.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Red posted:

Buying by the pound sounds like a good deal, and you can probably find good lots on eBay.

If it were me, I'd suggest signing up for an account on HCrealms.com, get on the forums, and ask about buying someone's pile of commons/uncommons. There are players with huge collections that have bought bricks, and are loaded with C/Us they'd love to unload. You'll probably do best there - just make sure to buy from people with good ratings. They have buy/sell/trade subforums.

ShowTime posted:

I can sell you by the pound commons/uncommons. You can pick the set. If you were interested we could even work out some kind of lot that would include some rares. Not sure how much you are trying to spend, but I can do my best to beat whatever troll and toad has.

Will do, thanks guys!

ShowTime, I'll go over lists on HCRealms sometime in the next couple of days and see if I can't get a good list of ~60 Clix down. I'm looking to spend $15-$20 ideally on this, at most $25-$30 (and may get a friend to help chip in with it) since finances are tight at the moment, but I'm willing to pay more than Troll and Toad's $15/60c to ensure sufficient variety. I don't think I'll go for any rares at this point since I'm more interested in diversity than competitive quality of pieces, but I may change my mind. Who knows.

I'll do the legwork this week and try to come up with an list that meets the following parameters:

- pulls from no more than two sets for theme/cost purposes (1 Marvel, 1 DC)
- includes most/all basic combat abilities at least once
- has enough recognizable figures to be appealing to people outside the game
- allows for variable 500pt team constructions between players (theme teams unnecessary since I can demo with my own)

Will PM you whatever I come up with.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Finally got organized enough to put up a trade thread on the Realms. Highlights include Zombie Gladiator and a few WoL SRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Cannonball from the Nov OP kit is up

We still have one character from our GotG OP kit, so we'll have a while to get there, but I'm excited.

• Locked thread