Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hadn't seen the pink/salmon coloured G-Self loadout in the EP before, curious to see what it is, looks kind of cool.

Liked the episode, but I don't think I really know what's going on yet, could maybe have set things up better.

Trans-Am G-self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Just watched the first 2 eps(which aired on my birthday :circlefap: ) and I'm really happy with the show. That part in episode 2 where Bell just stone cold smokes a guy :drat: cemented me on the series.

It actually doesn't seem like Bell was responsible for that kill. He disabled the earlier Grimoire without destroying it using the vulcans, so it seems a little odd for him to go straight for a kill-shot. He seems shocked when the Gundam fires the rifle and denies killing Cahill later on. It seems the Gundam fired on its own; the G-Self appears to have some form of limited sentience or autonomy, as seen when it hesitated to attack Bellri in episode 1. My guess is that the G-Self is packed with psychoframe like the NT-D and picked up either Bellri's or Captain Cahill's hostile emotions and responded in self-defense.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Shouldn't psycoframe technology be common place by now? It's not like UC was a hidden history, they had those museum pieces.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
History has never exactly been kind to newtypes and it seems unlikely that many newtypes would exist in an age where most of the population is locked on Earth.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait, locked on Earth? I must have missed that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No, they're not locked to earth. There's explicitly a colony of Venus, at the very least.

Also according to that random soldier dude, Bell told him that he 'did it' (by which I assume he meant pulling to trigger) to save Aida, so...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WickedHate posted:

Shouldn't psycoframe technology be common place by now? It's not like UC was a hidden history, they had those museum pieces.

I thought a psychoframe effect was occurring when the dark swirly effects engulfed the G-Self as it fought the Grimoire.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Until something is said otherwise, i'm going to assume that was drama particles. and i wouldn't be surprised if tomino doesn't do anything else with psycoframe stuff after how overboard unicorn went with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muike posted:

Until something is said otherwise, i'm going to assume that was drama particles. and i wouldn't be surprised if tomino doesn't do anything else with psycoframe stuff after how overboard unicorn went with it.

We already know that the Rayhunter Code stuff somehow allows pilots to have special customized super-abilities so that's pretty unlikely. We even see Bell use it in this episode with the glowing aura. It might not be Psychoframe but it's not gonna be completely straight.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

My largest :spergin: complaint is that mobile suits still need flight packs. They developed a mobile suit sized Minovsky drive for the V2 so all suits should have them by this point.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ethiser posted:

My largest :spergin: complaint is that mobile suits still need flight packs. They developed a mobile suit sized Minovsky drive for the V2 so all suits should have them by this point.

What if they stuck the Minovsky drive onto the flight pack instead of the mobile suit

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What if at the end they everyone dies and Tomino reveals his final form.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

cheesetriangles posted:

What if at the end they everyone dies and Tomino reveals his final form.

As long as there's slapping already involved, you can start the timer for that.

Still trying to figure out if calling someone a "Kuntalla" or whatever in the G-Reco word is akin to a racial slur, or just a harmless tease.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jegan Ace posted:

Still trying to figure out if calling someone a "Kuntalla" or whatever in the G-Reco word is akin to a racial slur, or just a harmless tease.

From some things I'm half remembering from /m/, I think it's(spoilered because it hasn't come up yet in the show, but it's not important) referring to descendants of people who were cannibalized during food shortages in the distant past.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

WickedHate posted:

From some things I'm half remembering from /m/, I think it's(spoilered because it hasn't come up yet in the show, but it's not important) referring to descendants of people who were cannibalized during food shortages in the distant past.

Okay, that is darker than what I imagined. Thanks for the information, as I was genuinely waiting for that awkward exposition scene where they indirectly tell us wtf that term meant.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Got some pretty heavy Burakumin vibes whenever somebody called someone else a "Kuntalla," which seems consistent with those spoilers

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Potsticker posted:

[Raraiya] was prepared enough to have that suit, but not a helmet or pxygen? :iiam:

From several pages ago, but I just saw this pointed out elsewhere:

She was prepared. She apparently just miscalculated how long it would take to get the mask on. Who else missed that detail? :v:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ethiser posted:

This isn't just a hundred or so years in the future. It's a loving thousand years. Like, the fact that some sort of trans-humanist singularity hasn't occurred implies there must have been some catastrophe holding back technological progress. In the last thousand years any specific technology might have reasonably been lost.

Basically this is Turn-A lite. Not quite as far in the future, and not quite so technologically stunted, but the same basic concept.

In other words it's awesome.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You mean a constant state of war hasn't created a perfect society?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I thought they outright stated there was some kind of horrendous environmental catastrophe in the prerelease stuff?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

John Carstairs posted:

She was prepared. She apparently just miscalculated how long it would take to get the mask on. Who else missed that detail? :v:

Oh wow, that's actually pretty nice to see that it was included. That certainly makes that sequence make a lot more sense.

(also its embarrassing that pxygen, which stands for "phone posting oxygen" keeps getting quoted)

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Red Bones posted:

I thought they outright stated there was some kind of horrendous environmental catastrophe in the prerelease stuff?

Does the entirety of the events in U.C count as a horrendous environmental catastrophe?

A thousand years may seem like a long time, but in terms of environmental recovery - let's put it into perspective. The areas within the Chernobyl exclusion zone is apparently going to be uninhabitable for thousands of years.

Surely all the horrific space barbarians flinging space rocks into Earth is bound to cause some severe long-term damage that can be felt all the way to G-Reco times.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Lets bet on who gets slapped next.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Who gets whipped next is the real bet.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

Who gets whipped next is the real bet.

Bellri is already totally whipped.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

As someone that doesn't really watch anime I have to say how much I love the voice cast in this show especially Bellri. I think Tomino was onto something. Most Japanese dubs sound terrible to me. G reco has so much energy but not in a fake way.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Eleven pages of misogyny accusations, crying girl talk and rape allegories in a Gundam thread. I feel like I'm on Tumblr.

Anyway I agree that it felt disjointed in places and part of me was wondering why the hell Aida was let near the Gundam let alone not in cuffs, but I did enjoy it enough to come back for more.

Also, G Self activating it's pink mist used the same sound effect as when Unicorn went NTD, and that can't be a coincidence.

The Goon fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 7, 2014

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

John Carstairs posted:

I think it's entirely possible, given that we believe the g-self has some weird sort of sentience or something, that the G-Self forcibly ejected Monday out. Which would in some way explain why she kind of goes crazy wherever the G-self is involved.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The G-Self is obviously the Turn A. It regenerated as the White Mustache in an attempt to hide its identity later. Monday is a girl made out of nanomachines that the Turn A uses as its eyes and ears to decide when to destroy all civilization. That's why she's so quiet and out of place--she's functionally The Grand Galactic Inquisitor.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
So what your saying is that Monday's real name is Klattu and the G in G-Self stands for Gort?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OneDeadman posted:

So what your saying is that Monday's real name is Klattu and the G in G-Self stands for Gort?

GUNDAM! BARADA! NIK-*coughcoughcoough*

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Instead of an undead invasion, the consequence for saying it wrong is brain damage.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I am not sure I'm ready for the Tomino version of Ash Williams.

Or Tomino's version of Evil Dead, for that matter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AradoBalanga posted:

I am not sure I'm ready for the Tomino version of Ash Williams.

What do you have against Kai Shinden?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

What do you have against Kai Shinden?
Nothing.

He's just not what I'd imagine as Ash Williams.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Monday is Loran's ancestor, just you watch.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Goon posted:

Monday is Loran's ancestor, just you watch.

Monday = Moon day. Where is Loran from? THE MOON.

It all makes sense.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The Turn A has the power to regenerate a disintegrated pilot from a single cell

Raraya=Laura Rolla, people

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Just finished watching the first two episodes. Does this show feel sort of claustrophobic to anyone else? Especially in the first episode when they're on the space elevator, every shot from the back half of the episode is super zoomed-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Sorry for missing this (probably) but is it on gundaminfo or CR yet?

• Locked thread