Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Bicyclops posted:

Are there places that have two elemental keeps but only one elemental fairy? I remember encountering that in Adventure Mode back when I was attempting it with my babby level 20s, but things were so hectic that I'm probably making it up.

The Ruto unlock was like this - I used the fairy on the wrong one and then had to pull her out of the room to stay alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Y'all can go ahead and add me to the NNID list, if you'd be so kind. I want to see what this Network Link thing is about. Mister_Fixer

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
My NNID is Naerasa. Add me so I can play Link Adventure Fun with everyone!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The Ruto unlock was like this - I used the fairy on the wrong one and then had to pull her out of the room to stay alive

Yup, same here.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Fix posted:

Y'all can go ahead and add me to the NNID list, if you'd be so kind. I want to see what this Network Link thing is about. Mister_Fixer

Says it can't find you, is that spelled right?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Is there a release date for the villain DLC? I wanna try them out already!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Flytrap posted:

Is there a release date for the villain DLC? I wanna try them out already!

The 16th, same date as the Master Quest DLC.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

The 16th, same date as the Master Quest DLC.

Which is only ten days away and I've barely even made a scratch in Adventure Mode, I had better hurry up!!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I work so much overtime I'm never going to have time to play all this DLC. :negative:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kaubocks posted:

I work so much overtime I'm never going to have time to play all this DLC. :negative:

Just means you can stretch it out longer.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kaubocks posted:

There's a month off from DLC in December! (Boo!)

In other news Ganon's lasers in the Boss Rush reward map shredded me from full health to zero right befor eI was about to win. Fuuuuuuuck.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm actually really glad Adventure mode is taking as long for me as it is. Replay value is like the primary thing I look for in games I actually buy these days, Steam Sales notwithstanding. It's been a while since I've had a game where there really is no end in sight to the content. The second DLC doesn't drop until December, and I'm totally cool with that. I probably won't have all the big poo poo from the first DLC map, and I know I won't have the heart pieces etc.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm actually really glad Adventure mode is taking as long for me as it is. Replay value is like the primary thing I look for in games I actually buy these days, Steam Sales notwithstanding. It's been a while since I've had a game where there really is no end in sight to the content. The second DLC doesn't drop until December, and I'm totally cool with that. I probably won't have all the big poo poo from the first DLC map, and I know I won't have the heart pieces etc.

By the time the March DLC releases, it's possible, maybe that I might be on the verge of finishing the content from the January DLC, but even that seems unlikely, given how much trouble Adventure Mode has given me.

And just think, this game was successful enough that they just might even make a sequel which is likely to have a ton more characters.

e: It looks like I was just assuming a March release date, based on the info we have for Japanese release dates.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I wouldn't speak too soon on a sequel, it had a great first week in Japan and then fell off pretty quickly.

Ugh, sales :rolleyes:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

THE loving MOON posted:

I wouldn't speak too soon on a sequel, it had a great first week in Japan, and then fell off pretty quickly.

This describes the selling trends of almost every single release in Japan, though. :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bloodly posted:

Just means you can stretch it out longer.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There's a month off from DLC in December! (Boo!)

Between the base game of Hyrule Warriors, all the DLC, Tropical Freeze that I bought on sale and still haven't touched, Bayonetta 2 coming out at the end of this month coming with a copy of Bayonetta 1 that I've never played, Smash 4 Wii U probably coming out sometime this year, and the first bit of Mario Kart DLC coming out in November...

rip me

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aperture Priority posted:

Says it can't find you, is that spelled right?

Evidently not! Apparently it's bklyons Sorry about that.

I had no idea that particular skulltulas gave you certain puzzle pieces. Figured they would just sorta unlock in order. Which one gives you the last (middle) piece of the first puzzle? Level 2 on hard? :doh:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Fix posted:

I had no idea that particular skulltulas gave you certain puzzle pieces. Figured they would just sorta unlock in order. Which one gives you the last (middle) piece of the first puzzle? Level 2 on hard? :doh:

Yep. the last two for the first puzzle are level 1 and 2 on hard.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fix posted:

The first puzzle is all the Normal Legend mode skulltulas, and then the first two on Hard.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the last two pieces will be for the puzzle you do with the Hard mode skulltulas?

Prancer
Nov 17, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

The first puzzle is all the Normal Legend mode skulltulas, and then the first two on Hard.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the last two pieces will be for the puzzle you do with the Hard mode skulltulas?

You get the last four pieces in adventure mode, two in the space to the left of the starting square and two in the square four spaces up from the starting square.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Am I missing something or can Sheik trivially make herself invulnerable for an entire battle? Also, what does her light song do?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

The Moon Monster posted:

Am I missing something or can Sheik trivially make herself invulnerable for an entire battle? Also, what does her light song do?

The water shield absorbs about four hearts worth of damage. If you're not fighting anything that can do more damage than that, then yes she's pretty much invincible as long as you refresh it.

Light song regenerates your special gauge while you stand in it so you can use Sheik's retardedly overpowered special attack more often.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Is water shield just weak-strong? It's been ages since I used Sheik.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Is water shield just weak-strong? It's been ages since I used Sheik.

YX to select water as your element, then X to play the song.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Goron Tunic unlocked!

I'm going to put the game down now.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
So I'm just going to say a few things regarding this game:

• This game is fantastic and addictive, and I only stopped to play Shadows of Mordor but I'll be back into it right after.
• the game could definitely do with a practice mode for each character, and better terminology (for example, what does weapon slot Strong IV apply to? Label those moves with a short in-game gif or something showing it)
• This game desperately needs online co-op. It'd be -such- a blast playing with any of you.

On Ganon:
• his combos don't need to be charged for maximum potential.
• Swirly sword explosion does.
• Big orb charging changes radius, but not really damage.
• Big gently caress-all demon arm swirl doesn't need charging at all to have maximum reach and damage. This move is insane compared to anything else in the game, yet the timing is a total son of a bitch to get right.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
On some of the weapon menus you can highlight weapon skills which tell you exactly what each one does. Strong IV boosts your YYYX attack's power. Similarly, Strong II will boost XY, III is XXY, etc.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
My NNID is boba1213, I'm just starting to add people from the OP.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The hard mode skulltula in "The Shining Beacon" is the loving worst. The Deku Spear is so awful.

E: Thank goodness Ganondorf is Ganondorf, the next one was so easy in comparison.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 7, 2014

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hero Mode should be renamed Ridiculous Slog Mode.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So I am trying to fill out some Badges and I am working on Link's attack and assist badges. What is the Mystery Item I need one of to complete Stamina Fruit 3 and capture keeps faster 3? I have beaten legends mode but it still hasn't shown up for me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
How do you make the first Hard Mode skulltula appear? There seems to be a certain time by when you need to activate the magic circle, but the instructions are too vague to say when. I've replayed the stage 3 times now and I'm getting pissed off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

How do you make the first Hard Mode skulltula appear? There seems to be a certain time by when you need to activate the magic circle, but the instructions are too vague to say when. I've replayed the stage 3 times now and I'm getting pissed off.

It's not about time, you have to make sure you're fulfilling the first part of the requirement as well. Namely, you need to capture the two keeps that are indicated to shut their doors, and only then go use the fairy fountain.

Also make sure you're using Link, using one of the swords in the "Hylian Sword" set (i.e. not the Master Sword) etc etc

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are all the heart pieces/containers in adventure mode that you find during the level and not as a reward for completion located in keeps? In legend mode it seems like it was generally pieces in keeps and containers somewhere you need bombs/boomerang/hookshot to get. In adventure they all seems to be in keeps.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
So, I just beat (Level 13 Spoilers) Cia/Shia and saw her fade away. I was certain that now would be the enter Ganon in pig form final battle he'll steal the completed triforce but instead the game acts like everything is peaceful, shows Ganondorf reappear, collect his 4th spirit, and now I get to PLAY as Ganondorf in the Gerudo Desert!?!?!?

How cool is that!? Did NOT expect that to happen.

Also, RIP Cia/Shia. You never scored. :rip:

This game rules, I was so sure level 13 would be the near end of the game but apparently not :)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

It's not about time, you have to make sure you're fulfilling the first part of the requirement as well. Namely, you need to capture the two keeps that are indicated to shut their doors, and only then go use the fairy fountain.

Also make sure you're using Link, using one of the swords in the "Hylian Sword" set (i.e. not the Master Sword) etc etc

Did all that, every time. You can't not do that (except for the sword thing, which is pretty obvious). Is there something I'm missing? The requirement says "stop the advance" and the enemies only start advancing if you dick around and let them break a few keeps before activating the circle. I've tried waiting, not waiting, nothing works.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Did all that, every time. You can't not do that (except for the sword thing, which is pretty obvious). Is there something I'm missing? The requirement says "stop the advance" and the enemies only start advancing if you dick around and let them break a few keeps before activating the circle. I've tried waiting, not waiting, nothing works.

I'm stumped. This is supposed to be one of the simplest ones since the game doesn't even make you go out of the normal progression of the level. The only idea I have is to try watching this video of someone playing through it and seeing if there are any little things you might have done differently or out of order. I have noticed as I'm working my way through all these skulltulas that they game can get a bit glitchy with the triggers for various events if you don't do things in the exact order it expects you to. Although I never had a problem with this particular level, but who knows.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Psyker posted:

• Big gently caress-all demon arm swirl doesn't need charging at all to have maximum reach and damage. This move is insane compared to anything else in the game, yet the timing is a total son of a bitch to get right.

It is sadly complete butt against giant boss weakness bars, though. But maybe I'm just spoiled by explosion punch + special attack wiping out a bar in one combo.

It would be cool if somewhere in the OP there was a list of the combos known to be good against giant boss weakness bars, since that people may not know and is kind of annoying to experiment with. The only ones I know are Ganondorf's BBBBY, Darunia's BBBBBY, and Midna's powered up BBYY. Past that I haven't really figured any others out beyond just try to use something later in a combo.

Also, mods please change the thread title to Hyrule Warriors - Here lies Cia. She never scored.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bruceski posted:

I thought the way people talked about it, it had to be over-hyped. I was wrong.

I just got it. I was kind of confused by the way people were talking about it. I thought it was the Great Fairy Sword from Majora's Mask.

You know. Comicly huge sword? Rainbow colored?

Now I know. NOW I KNOW.

I'm not sure whether to be amazed or horrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why are people hating on my friend, the Deku Spear?

• Locked thread