Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

johntfs posted:

My favorite part of yesterday's episode wasn't the fight or even the bank rant. It was the part right before the rant. Ichabod sees the pen and picks it up. You can almost sees his thoughts as he does so. Hmm. What's with this pen. It seems normal except for this odd attachment to the end. Wait. It seems to attach the pen to the tab- Oh for the love of God, they've actually chained a pen to the desk. I cannot believe these peo-

Clerk: *Greets Ichabod*

Ichabod: *Goes on chained pen fueled rant*

The look on his face and the half-hand-motion he does when he realizes this and is just tugging at the pen over and over before the bank clerk shows up is the best part of the episode. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
If I tell you all that the Horsemen will be Abraham, Parrish, Irving (Pestilance) and Katrina (Famine) and that they will be opposed by Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha and Moses, you'll probably say I'm full of crap. But you won't be able to entirely discount because of the wacky nature of this show.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

We've already seen Pestilence so obviously it's not Irving, but rather Louis Pasteur lured to the dark side by Moloch.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I wonder about that, though. Moloch just seems to assign the title and powers to people, but can he take it away? Is Henry going to gently caress up so badly that Moloch strips War from him? Or does the old man have to give it up, to recant his devotion to Evil?

I require worldbuilding.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Haha, thanks for the thread title change.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I wonder about that, though. Moloch just seems to assign the title and powers to people, but can he take it away? Is Henry going to gently caress up so badly that Moloch strips War from him? Or does the old man have to give it up, to recant his devotion to Evil?

I require worldbuilding.

Well, Zombie John Cho turned good and kept his (incredibly lovely) powers, so there is a precedent.

I am sort of holding out hope that we're going to get kindly doddering wizard Henry back by the end of the season only now with kick rear end War Golem accessory.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Radio! posted:

We've already seen Pestilence so obviously it's not Irving, but rather Louis Pasteur lured to the dark side by Moloch.

Not really. It could just be the armor being controlled by Moloch.
I wonder if the fact that Katrina could not do magic at this point is important for the beating of the horseman of death or war.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wonder if you kill Henry while he's sitting there with the black eyes, if War will just immediately fall to ground as a pile of empty armor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lycus posted:

I wonder if you kill Henry while he's sitting there with the black eyes, if War will just immediately fall to ground as a pile of empty armor.

Then they will get Henrnate who grew up with Ichabod and Katrina.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Lycus posted:

Actually I am half-convinced the 'soul armor' is there so that if John Noble can't/won't do more Sleepy Hollow at some point they can still keep War around; we'll just only be seeing the armor instead of Jeremy himself.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

I wonder about that, though. Moloch just seems to assign the title and powers to people, but can he take it away?
Equally importantly, are the Horsemen of the Apocalypse unique, one-time-only entities? If they were to kill the Horseman of Death (somehow), is he gone, or just out of commission until the now-loose mantle of the horseman can be granted to a new host? Could we at some point find out about older incarnations of the four, of which at least two must have been destroyed to free up the mantles for the current Death & War?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm also hoping that Abraham gets bumped to main character status next year, just because Neil Jackson seems like a cool guy. And this show needs more unironic Sexy Tragic Death.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Robot Hobo posted:

Equally importantly, are the Horsemen of the Apocalypse unique, one-time-only entities? If they were to kill the Horseman of Death (somehow), is he gone, or just out of commission until the now-loose mantle of the horseman can be granted to a new host? Could we at some point find out about older incarnations of the four, of which at least two must have been destroyed to free up the mantles for the current Death & War?

Yes, exactly! Does Henry have his own, unique set of powers compared to Bram, as well? If someone decapitated Henry, would he still keep going or is that exclusively Bram's thing because he's Death? So many questions.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm also hoping that Abraham gets bumped to main character status next year, just because Neil Jackson seems like a cool guy. And this show needs more unironic Sexy Tragic Death.
My pet theory is that Katrina will be killed at some point near a season finale, either directly by Moloch or as a result of his plans. That'll cause Abraham to turn on Moloch and form a very uncomfortable alliance with Ichabod, Abbie, James Mon-R0 (the clockwork robot duplicate of James Monroe), and Beatrix Arnold (Benedict's twin sister, trapped for two centuries in a cursed teapot), who will have also joined the cast by then.

Yes, exactly! Does Henry have his own, unique set of powers compared to Bram, as well? If someone decapitated Henry, would he still keep going or is that exclusively Bram's thing because he's Death? So many questions.
I expect the other three are very hard to kill, but Abraham alone is borderline un-killable. He is Death, with a capital-d, so I imagine that not dying is sort of his special thing. He really doesn't have much else, power-wise, since he was an utterly ordinary man before becoming the Horseman of Death. He doesn't die, he's pretty strong, and weapons in his hands seem to get a bit of an extra kick. (white-hot edges on bladed weapons) I guess being able to see and hear without eyes or ears counts too. If the other horsemen are also just as unkillable, then Death really got short-changed.

Henry has a wider array of creepy magic powers, but then again he had crazy-strong witch mojo before ever getting the job offer from Moloch, so who knows which abilities are him and which parts are War. (aside from the remote drone armor)... I just noticed that Henry's first magic trick was to create a nigh-unstoppable golem that fought his battles for him, and now he has a new one.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 4, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Robot Hobo posted:

I expect the other three are very hard to kill, but Abraham alone is borderline un-killable. He is Death, with a capital-d, so I imagine that not dying is sort of his special thing. He really doesn't have much else, power-wise, since he was an utterly ordinary man before becoming the Horseman of Death. He doesn't die, he's pretty strong, and weapons in his hands seem to get a bit of an extra kick. (white-hot edges on bladed weapons) I guess being able to see and hear without eyes or ears counts too. If the other horsemen are also just as unkillable, then Death really got short-changed.

That's maybe not a power per se. I can't recall the exact words, but in the last episode when Katrina sees Bram with the necklace on she says "Spare me your illusions" and he answers "It's not an illusion, you're seeing what's really there." So Bram's physical body has no head, but in spirit he's still intact and that's how he sees and hears.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
As far as who the other Horsemen could be, yeah, we've kinda seen Pestilence. But, it was only that projection of it, and it doesn't have a physical body yet. My prediction is that Crane's father is gonna show up as one of the horsemen somehow. I mean, you get loving Victor Garber for only one episode? That guy does a ton of T.V.!

What will the fourth Horseman be? There's always been different interps of it. So I assume Famine? Which doesn't sound all that scary in this show next to War and Death. But it would be pretty cool if it turned out to be Katrina. Famine does seem like it could kind of be the feminine one.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Nah, it's Pestilence which has different names in different interpretations of the Horsemen. Famine is always there, like War and Death. Pestilence is usually swapped in for Conquest, which is understandable; Conquest and War seem like they'd have a lot in common.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Well that makes sense. In this show Conquest and War seem kind of redundant.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Ichabod is going to be so confused.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 5, 2014

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Unfortunately, they won't be able to work that into the show for a little while.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
From the blooper reel, so charming :allears:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

This thread not being stickied yet is freaking me the gently caress out. Is there not a new episode tonight? :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aaaaaaaw snap, finding out right away.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Sorry you can't meet him. Lawyer powers trump cop powers.

e:OH poo poo, It's the gay couple

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hahahaha Ichabod watched Glee.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"I meant gentlemen wearing hats indoors."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Baron von Steuben hahaha

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Haha Ichabod doesn't give a poo poo about gay marriage, it's HATS INDOORS he takes issue with.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, this new Sheriff is definitely on Moloch's side.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, this new Sheriff is definitely on Moloch's side.

Almost seems a little too obvious...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unspool it!

Loving that past hat.

Holy poo poo Benedict Arnold.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Most notorious traitor in American history."

"Aaaaaaaahhh..."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A lot of business down by the river- in a van?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Why are they interrogating Matthew McConaughey?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Holy poo poo I was right :dance:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Literally Judas coins.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That was a nice kaboom. Brutal, but nice.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Kwyndig posted:

Holy poo poo I was right :dance:

Quick, I need tomorrow's lotto numbers!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Your son is a lawyer. You should be proud."

loving John Noble.

Edit: Oh poo poo, Reyes asked for Ichabod's ID!

Edit 2: OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOO.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
GRAFFITI RAMPAGE

• Locked thread