Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
admataY
Oct 16, 2008
I am halfway through R.o.t.o.r and ... and already I find myself lost . Why did the " movie " need ten minutes of cowboy protagonist morning routine ? except he is not a cowboy,he is the head of some low rent robotic research institute ? except he is not he head of some low rent robotic research institute , he is a police captain ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Ok, finished .. and wow . This cinematic masterpiece really knew it needed to bring in the late game sidekick in the form of a Buff female ( ? ) wrestler. except shes actually a world famous scientist. except shes actually a violent armed goon with a weird hair .
In conclusion, COLDIRON and STEELE are my new favorite buddy cop-scientists duo.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

admataY posted:

COLDIRON

You mean COLDYRON

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Is R.O.T.O.R. the movie about the Cyborg Cop too? :v:

I like how many times this movie writes itself into a corner like "(ROTOR reaches with his powerful mechanical hands to grab the trapped helpless person)" and then just moves on but the person is now in another location, doing fine.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Gavok posted:

It seems like in a couple days I'll be doing an interview with either Mike or Kevin, which is like the biggest deal for me holy poo poo. Are there any questions anyone here would like me to toss in his or his way?

If it's Mike, ask him what happened with Timmy Big Hands. If it's Kevin ask him about his book where he watched a movie in a theater, or at least on a projector every day and if he's thought about revisiting it?

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Gavok posted:

It seems like in a couple days I'll be doing an interview with either Mike or Kevin, which is like the biggest deal for me holy poo poo. Are there any questions anyone here would like me to toss in his or his way?

Ask either of them about the limit they are willing to go to as far as inappropriate content goes and how the process goes when they determine something just isn't quite right for them.

Treasures of the Amazon was a far more raunchy movie than I'd expect them to do any that gives me hope that they will some day do Juan Piquer Simón(of Pod People and Supersonic Man fame)'s "Sluges" . That movie is so drat gloriously trashy and fun but weirdly graphic. Not in the sense that it's upsetting, just lots of gooey shots and bizarre things (though I hope they come up with something more creative than a "splitting headache" joke or a meta joke on that kind of joke when it comes to "that" scene).

Another plus the movie has is that NotLeslie Neilson is in it. I guess his one man show never took off.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thanks for the help, guys. Turns out it'll be with Kevin, though the interview is being pulled back at least a couple days.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ask if there's any chance of a live event with Joel to bring the whole MST3K gang back for one last bash. A Samurai-Cop worthy bash.

Depending on what you're doing the interview for, ask also if there are any jokes that he felt were cruel or excessive, and if they cut out too much of their material to keep it PG-13.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Gavok posted:

Thanks for the help, guys. Turns out it'll be with Kevin, though the interview is being pulled back at least a couple days.

Ask him the significance of that cool skull ring he always wears. (I saw it once when I met him and now that's all I see in any photos/videos of the guy)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'd like to know what the possibility is of them doing forgotten, one-season shows at some point kind of like how they did the Batman serials. The stickied thread in TVIV for Deadly Games made me think it would be great riff material.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Are there any other old rear end serials like the Batman ones?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ask Kevin his opinion of Lifeforce.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is ROTOR a musthave?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Is ROTOR a musthave?

Yes. It's that same level of "were these people even aware of the concept of movies?" as Guy From Harlem, Last Slumber Party, or Ice Cream bunny.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

Is ROTOR a musthave?

R.O.T.O.R. was already an infamous B-movie and recently made an appearance on Red Letter Media's Best of the Worst. It's Space Mutiny bad. It was made to be riffed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm surprised nobody's suggested that I only as Kevin TWO QUESTIONS!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

New RiffTrax logo:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Disembodio's home planet?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The nicest weather Rifftrax has ever had.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RiffTrax: New logo, old movies.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't think Best of the Worst covered the real ending in their wrap-up of ROTOR.

Uhh. That's like a bigger wth than Zindy I think.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't think Best of the Worst covered the real ending in their wrap-up of ROTOR.

Uhh. That's like a bigger wth than Zindy I think.

Someone linked me to that show and I thought it was kind of weird that they didn't address the ending at all. Especially since their whole schtick seems to be to crap on the nonsensical parts of the movies. I also didn't really find it all that funny either but I was more perplexed as to how they skipped over the ending entirely.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ummmm, guys....

:stare: :dance:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

52 movies a year? Serious burn out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Love this image on the bottom of their website.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rirse posted:

Love this image on the bottom of their website.

We'll see if you love it in front of every video they put out.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Ummmm, guys....

:stare: :dance:

So should I just give them the $520 now, or...

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

IUG posted:

That video intro is really bad. I feel bad saying that because I love rifftrax/mst3k but I had to fast forward it at the start of Sword and the sorcerer.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

hemale in pain posted:

That video intro is really bad. I feel bad saying that because I love rifftrax/mst3k but I had to fast forward it at the start of Sword and the sorcerer.

Yeah, really not doing themselves any favors with this rebranding IMO.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it either, and also feel bad not liking it. They seem to change their intro/outro every few months too, I guess they've never been happy with whatever jingle they had (talking about the mp3 intros too). However, I bet they're going to keep with this one for a while, as animation isn't cheap.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I like the new site and all but yeah, I gotta skip that long-rear end intro. Won't stop me buying riffs and that, I'll just go 'blergh' and have to mess about whenever I load a new one up.

Also, is the Guy from Harlem sat in Vanilla Ice's lap?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

IUG posted:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of it either, and also feel bad not liking it. They seem to change their intro/outro every few months too, I guess they've never been happy with whatever jingle they had (talking about the mp3 intros too). However, I bet they're going to keep with this one for a while, as animation isn't cheap.

How expensive is it to commission Happy Harry?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

IUG posted:

I not bought any new videos in a while so I haven't seen the new intro. Shame too, since I like that picture, but the talk of the long intro and them always having a auto play video on their website bums me out.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yeah, that intro is unnecessary and actively annoying. You're not a tv show and you don't need to introduce yourself (unless it's like the introduction before Guy From Harlem) Especially not with an animation that makes me have flashbacks to Spoony vids.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yeah, that intro is unnecessary and actively annoying. You're not a tv show and you don't need to introduce yourself (unless it's like the introduction before Guy From Harlem) Especially not with an animation that makes me have flashbacks to Spoony vids.

Yeah. Thank god that iTunes let's me set a start time for movies.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Yeah. Thank god that iTunes let's me set a start time for movies.

Too bad the videos app seems to stop paying attention to those since iOS 7 at some point. I used to use this to cut off the copyright thing at the ends of the shorts.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
I thought they already were releasing something new every Friday? It seems that way at least. I also am not a fan of the cartoon video intro. Make it maybe 15 seconds and I'm fine with it but it is embarrassing at its current length. It's like a Newgrounds video from 2005.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I am probably in the minority actually liked the animated video intro when they showed it at the last Rifftrax live event. I am not a fan of it tacked onto the front of every video. When I press play I want the movie to start, I don't want previews, or 2 minute long intros, hell I don't even want it to say "It's time for riffftraaaaaAAAXX". When I've got movie sign, I want movie!

I rip all my BluRay discs to MKV so when I want to watch those movies I don't have to wait 5 minutes for the BluRay to get it's DRM poo poo together and get through the unskipable content, production logos, and FBI/Interpol warnings. I can't believe that's what's acceptable for normal people and I have TWO reasons I don't want that crap before my movies!

EDIT: Hey they now can store my credit card number on checkout, so that's a nice feature of the new website.

CapnBry fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 9, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think Rifftrax should introduce a rental feature. I give myself a budget of $20 a month to spend on rifftrax. I hate it when half of it gets spent on a movie I'll never ever want to watch again. I'm looking at you Night of the Lepus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I like the intro. You may as well complain about MST3K's intro.

• Locked thread