Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Edit: /\/\ potato car?

Warioware stage, Dodge Minigame. Potatocar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kooriken posted:

Warioware stage, Dodge Minigame. Potatocar.

Haha I got wrecked. Anyway the last fight I gave up because I'm super tired and am done for the night. Thanks for the games they were pretty fun.

I think Palutena's my new favorite character, she's so much fun and her side taunt is the newest annoying poo poo to spam.

A HA HA HA HA!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
An Ike player just comboed me in a For Glory match.

The fight only lasted a minute and I was actually hitting him at first, but then the latter half he literally never got hit again and utterly destroyed me.

It was really laggy so maybe that contributed to it but seriously, I got comboed by Ike.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
ZSS's new down B is so good. The trillions of Little Macs online just go speeding right under her only to be kicked in the back of the head.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Opened a room if any goon who's friended me wants to play.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I just stay back and punch ZSS in her jump recovery. Don't do that poo poo, I'll punch you.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think I've unlocked too many stages, but I wish that 90 percent of them didn't have some kind of kind of crazy-rear end gimmick going on all the time. And the final destination for each is a little too much in the extreme opposite direction. I just feel like there needs to be at least a couple more Smashvilles and Yoshi's Islands y'all.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Here's another baffling design decision: why the gently caress does playing online not give you coins you can use to unlock poo poo?

I've easily spent the majority of my time playing this game in the online mode, but the fact that it doesn't give you coins means that that I also have to play offline to unlock poo poo through Trophy Rush. It's not like they want to force you to grind single player and Smash Run; you get coins by playing local wireless multiplayer, but for some reason they arbitrarily decided to not award them when you play online.

Probably the most baffling decision after making the extra special moves random drops you have to grind.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

An Ike player just comboed me in a For Glory match.

The fight only lasted a minute and I was actually hitting him at first, but then the latter half he literally never got hit again and utterly destroyed me.

It was really laggy so maybe that contributed to it but seriously, I got comboed by Ike.

What's so surprising about this? Ike is probably the best character in the game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Once i found an 'increased run speed' badge it made heavy characters a lot easier. Also the high jump power has been helpful sometimes. It's a bit more reliable than warp.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Good thing to know if you quit a 4 man for fun game moving at 1-2fps you can't connect to another game for 10 minutes

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I played Smash Run twice, and both times got the jumping one as little mac. I haven't played it since.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Austrian mook posted:

I played Smash Run twice, and both times got the jumping one as little mac. I haven't played it since.

Stop picking Little Mac then, pleb. Pick Kirby, the ultimate jump/runner/fighter person thing.

edit: I really love smash run because I like mindless platforming and beating the poo poo out of NPCs. It's pretty good if you don't take it seriously and treat it like a side scrolling beat-em-up lootfest with a bonus game at the end.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

How Rude posted:

Stop picking Little Mac then, pleb. Pick Kirby, the ultimate jump/runner/fighter person thing.

edit: I really love smash run because I like mindless platforming and beating the poo poo out of NPCs. It's pretty good if you don't take it seriously and treat it like a side scrolling beat-em-up lootfest with a bonus game at the end.

I spent the whole time getting wrecked by Bonkers. I just couldn't kill him!

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's cool they decided to not only add a billion Fire Emblem characters, but also make them all lovely so they're not even fun to play.

Based on what I saw at my FGC meet-up tonight I'd basically agree with that list except I think Pac-Man is a much stronger character than Sonic and I feel like as much as Bowser stomps most of the cast, he loses to a lot of the "good" characters in the game and should probably be lower.

fadam fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 7, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

fadam posted:

It's cool they decided to not only add a billion Fire Emblem characters, but also make them all lovely so they're not even fun to play.

you have a problem with fire emblem?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

some people have some hosed up opinions

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Respect the cape, Sam.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Falco isn't nearly high enough for me to believe that.

fadam posted:

They added exactly two Fire Emblem characters, the same as Kid Icarus. Iunno why everyone is freaking out over their representation, especially when one is a clone.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Obviously a bunch of idiots made this chart because Ganondorf should be like a million places higher.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

Not really, it's just funny to me that of the 5 Anime swordsmen in the game not even one is close to being good.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

what's different enough between fox and falco to have the difference between them so drastic?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

fadam posted:

Not really, it's just funny to me that of the 5 Anime swordsmen in the game not even one is close to being good.

there are 4, and they're all awesome.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

My opinion, tier lists are dumb, because most players just pick what they love playing and are good at and make it work anyway. There was a pro melee player that picked Kirby unironically and won tournaments with the considered 2nd worst character in the game.

just pick stuff and have fun, I've won more than my fair share of games as Palutena against try hard Bowsers etc. it's all subjective, games etc.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

what's different enough between fox and falco to have the difference between them so drastic?

Falco's shine is really lovely and he's slow af in this game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

fadam posted:

it's funny to me out of 576 of your posts not even one is close to being good

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Austrian mook posted:

And why is Dr. Mario lower than GED Mario when he has the tornado in place of the useless squirt gun?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

How Rude posted:

My opinion, tier lists are dumb, because most players just pick what they love playing and are good at and make it work anyway. There was a pro melee player that picked Kirby unironically and won tournaments with the considered 2nd worst character in the game.

just pick stuff and have fun, I've won more than my fair share of games as Palutena against try hard Bowsers etc. it's all subjective, games etc.

mewtwo was considered bottom-tier for a long time in melee and people regularly wrecked with him at tournaments

there should only be three tiers. broken(good), normal, broken(bad). at least for previous smashes. this one everyone seems balanced

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Suspicious Cook posted:

And why is Dr. Mario lower than GED Mario when he has the tornado in place of the useless squirt gun?

Someone told me tonight that regular Mario's throws and air game are better but idk how true that is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
1) You're a moron, that's not how tier lists work

2) It's not even been 3 days, even SF4 tier lists are poo poo if they're released that early

3) Pokemon and Kid Icarus added a bunch of characters, the latter all came from one game. Stop being an idiot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

fadam posted:

Ike is insanely good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Ike is insanely good.

at what?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Bobnumerotres posted:

mewtwo was considered bottom-tier for a long time in melee and people regularly wrecked with him at tournaments

there should only be three tiers. broken(good), normal, broken(bad).

I mean, Kirby's at the bottom of this list but I don't even think he's all that bad in this game. Certainly far from unplayable. Ditto for Ganondorf, whoever made that list might still have bias against X character because they were bad in Brawl or whatever. Hardly a tried and true "this character is objectively better than the other" proof.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
this guy had better shut the gently caress up with the fire emblem hate immediately

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fadam posted:

at what?

at everything you loving nerd

although the removal of his car-hitting-a-pig-at-120mph sword hit noises makes me really sad. those sounds were perfect.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

If you're having :siren:problems with smash run:siren:, create a custom character with speed boosts or sprinter equipment to make getting early treasure easier.
Also don't forget to use your powers, especially early on and in challenge doors to get the ball rolling. It's frustrating as hell to do a run without them, they're there for a reason.
My personal favorite is spinning blades, but that's neither here nor there.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How Rude posted:

I mean, Kirby's at the bottom of this list but I don't even think he's all that bad in this game. Certainly far from unplayable. Ditto for Ganondorf, whoever made that list might still have bias against X character because they were bad in Brawl or whatever. Hardly a tried and true "this character is objectively better than the other" proof.

I'm pretty sure this list was voted on by a committee of Japanese smashers.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/oct/02/yoshi-top-tier-character-super-smash-bros-3ds-too-according-japans-shi-gaming-group-tier-charts-e/

It's too early to be accurate, but it's not just one guy who wants to piss all over Gannondorf or whatever you're implying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

fadam posted:

at what?

If this game were true to the series, nobody would have a chance against Ike. Ike is going easy on everyone, to give them a fighting chance. He doesn't care about winning, he fights for his friends.

• Locked thread