Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I unlocked Ganondorf last night. Used him. Should I be posting here? I feel like I should be in hiding. I think I broke one of the treaties of the Geneva Convention. :stare:

That being said does he have a solid move for draining weak points? It took me a few cycles to fight the giant bosses on his first stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I unlocked Ganondorf last night. Used him. Should I be posting here? I feel like I should be in hiding. I think I broke one of the treaties of the Geneva Convention. :stare:

That being said does he have a solid move for draining weak points? It took me a few cycles to fight the giant bosses on his first stage.

The giant energy ball is the best move for boss weak points. Remember not to waste time charging it up.

And yes Ganondorf is a monster

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

And then the three Ganondorf levels went back to being a breeze because he's loving Ganondorf. :v:

He was a good six or seven levels under everyone else when I got him (I just didn't have the rupees to pull him into the 20s), but his whole scenario was still a loving breeze, with the possible exception of having to kill Link and Zelda at once. Boy, those two are assholes! I just want to conquer Hyrule and turn it into a wasteland kingdom of undead, what the hell is their issue?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Regy Rusty posted:

The giant energy ball is the best move for boss weak points. Remember not to waste time charging it up.

And yes Ganondorf is a monster

Is that BBY (energy ball on end of sword) or BBBBY (drop an energy ball and punch it)?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

He was a good six or seven levels under everyone else when I got him (I just didn't have the rupees to pull him into the 20s), but his whole scenario was still a loving breeze, with the possible exception of having to kill Link and Zelda at once. Boy, those two are assholes! I just want to conquer Hyrule and turn it into a wasteland kingdom of undead, what the hell is their issue?

That was the one part where I almost died in Ganondorf's hard modes because Link is seriously hardcore. Plus the skulltula requirement there is you actually have to string out the battle and let them keep reviving until you kill them a combined total of 4 times, so there's plenty of opportunity to take damage.

Bruceski posted:

Is that BBY (energy ball on end of sword) or BBBBY (drop an energy ball and punch it)?

I usually do the latter, although I wonder if the former might be faster. I haven't tried it. The one thing I do know is that BBBBBY is absolute poo poo on boss weakpoints and should be avoided at all costs.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Whichever one turns into a giant black shadowy fist and flings everyone at a wall takes a little bit of time but is pretty good at clearing the room.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I'm gonna be a heretic and say Ganon doesn't really do it for me. Midna's hair rampage/wolf juggling is my go to dark element shenanigans

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how does agitha become not a worthless character short of force leveling her and getting some gear

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Agitha can hop onto her butterfly by pressing X after YYYX or YYYYX (which are both p good crowd-clearing attacks) while she's still in the air. From there you can combo a bit with Y and/or divebomb and do it again. She's also kinda hard to hit while flying. If you're fighting a captain 1-on-1 and have time to kill, just hit them with YX over and over again. I do find her to be relatively unwieldy, but that's been my gameplan with her.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tried the level 3 ball and chain last night. How the hell do you not take damage when you're surrounded by literally a half dozen poes? My current strategy is to take out Lana and the commander big poes followed by Ruto, picking up the fairy on the way, take the center keep, then completely obliterate Zelda and then Argorooroorok is no challenge. But those drat poes at the very beginning are just wrecking my poo poo every time because there's so loving many of them.

Is there a good way to do it or do I need to maybe just hang back and pick them off one by one?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
That's pretty much it. Dodge around a lot, look out for weakpoints appearing, use specials when you get them, just play really conservatively and don't commit yourself to any long combos until you've cleared it out a bit.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I've had the gauntlet for a while now but haven't had a chance to use it.

Holy poo poo I love this thing. XXXY is basically a one shot keep destroyer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yessss I beat the level 2 baton challenge! :woop: In the end the best advice was to simply buy the Lightning defense badge! I went and ground for ReDead bandages and it actually made a huge difference, even having just that one level of defense!

Shooting Wizzro with a bow also helped.

Zelda is now level 50 and I have 500,000 rupees. Guess it'll be time to powerlevel some people up as I want to use them.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 7, 2014

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Best way I found to do the level 3 gauntlet stage at the beginning was to just fire off YYX into the crowd indiscriminately until stuff dies back a bit. Just up to the three ground sparks. Try and aim at monsters with exposed gauges and if you drain one, run in for the finisher.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

larchesdanrew posted:

I've had the gauntlet for a while now but haven't had a chance to use it.

Holy poo poo I love this thing. XXXY is basically a one shot keep destroyer.

It's hilariously surreal to see the most generic swordsman in video game history turn into the Hulk.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Link is usually all about finesse and expertly using a series of tools to make his sword more effective, so it's really fun to see him Dynasty Warriors'd up into this huge powerhouse who flings giant stone towers at his enemies and pulls the loving moon down on their heads. He's become so badass that his weakness is that considering himself invincible, which he is, creates evil copies of himself which are just as invincible and mop the floor with an entire army.

It's fun to watch the series take all these d'Artagnans and turn them into Porthos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It turns one of the three musketeers into the dog from Star Trek Enterprise?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Epona video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCF3Ut5h9Ug

e: also Cia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h93GmDAjRU

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 7, 2014

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Oh, man, that Epona victory cinematic is too :3: for words.

Holy poo poo Cia wrecking the poo poo out of Dodongo's weak point meter :aaa:

A Frosty Witch fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 7, 2014

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

andipossess posted:

This is lie. I left Volga alone and he ended up taking my keep while I was taking on Ghirahim.

well, i don't know what to tell you. there's lots of other people in here saying you can leave volga alone. Try taking the first keep on your way up to Wizzro, the one that volga passes through, so he gets distracted in that keep too.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

bonzibuddy64 posted:

well, i don't know what to tell you. there's lots of other people in here saying you can leave volga alone. Try taking the first keep on your way up to Wizzro, the one that volga passes through, so he gets distracted in that keep too.

Also if you happen to run past him, empty your SP meter and dump your magic finisher on him to help out the mook forces in taking him down.

A few level 3 weapons and second skulltula maps involved me flinging 33% HP's worth of specials at a problem enemy and letting the mooks sort him out later.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Any tips for how to quickly grind up a new character or level 1 weapon? They're so weak that it seems hard to do anything productive with them, but you need to use them in order to get better chances for their weapon to drop. It took me ages of attrition to get Agitha a good enough weapon that she could do anything (I'm about to try tackling her level 2 parasol stage) and Girahim is still in the "has no weapons" stage, as will Zant when I unlock him soon. Is there a good, relatively easy level with some decent drop opportunities that people use to get started?

There's also the Great Fairy but having fooled around with her a little bit I don't think she's going to be a problem even at her weakest. :stare:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just got to Zelda's level 2 Baton mission that everyone has been bitching about. Even taking time to get a decent level 2 rapier and leveling her up, this mission is indeed a ballbuster. Time and KO's aren't really an issue for me, I mostly have trouble when Volga or either of the Aerofos just don't reveal their weakpoints. When they do I take it down in one shot, but I still end up getting careless out of frustration and end up taking some big hits. I'm at A A B right now, but I think I'll have it before long.

If this is the level 2 baton, I shudder to think what the level 3 one is going to be like. Jesus.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It may not help you, but seriously try doing it with the level 1 Baton instead of the rapier. You'll be getting some kind of damage bonus since that's the recommended element, and the baton is a powerhouse. I don't want to think of how hard that level would've been if I'd used the rapier, but then I just like the baton better.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Damage isn't an issue, I'm doing plenty. Last time I still had like a minute and a half to spare when I finished Ghirahim. I'm using a 4 star level 2 rapier, I don't have a baton that can put out anywhere near that kind of damage.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And so, the true Hero of Time, Darunia, smote the Demon King with his mighty hammer. And lo, he did say "What a hot beat!"

All Hard Mode skulltulas gotten! In the end none of the later ones were as hard as the Temple of Souls with the rapier or the Valley of Seers with the freaking deku spear. Thankfully.

Though fighting fully powered Ganondorf and slowly chipping away at his health for 15 minutes was no cakewalk, but at least I did it in one try and didn't screw up the skulltula requirement.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Welp, my rapiers skill just unlocked. It's VS dragon. This is about to get a whole lot easier. :madmax:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What is VS dragon? I don't think I've ever seen a VS skill.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Fix posted:

What is VS dragon? I don't think I've ever seen a VS skill.

Bonus damage versus anything vaugely reptile. The Dinofos family, Dodongo, Volga, a couple others I think. I have to unlock it again because the base fell right as I was finishing off Ghirahim, but it wont take long.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't even realize skills like that existed!

It's kind of amazing how hard Zelda's baton mission is - I just did Agitha's, the character I am the worst at, and easily A ranked it on my first try.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I got a harp on Sheik with Solid Feet. Makes you not take any knockback from getting hit, but you take more damage. Possibly the worst character to get a skill like that on. :regd09:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't even realize skills like that existed!

It's kind of amazing how hard Zelda's baton mission is - I just did Agitha's, the character I am the worst at, and easily A ranked it on my first try.

It couldn't have come at a better time, this rapier is tailor-made for this mission.

For the record, I tried the baton and it totally rules. I might actually like it better too, but right now this thing is my best shot at clearing this mission.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I realized I don't have the magic armor badge for Zelda so...that would probably help for the damage rating.

Where do you find Redeads though? I can't think of any level offhand where they were prevalent.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I think Im gonna need someone to hold my hand on how 2 Minda here. I read that little guide in the OP on here and I still have no idea

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I think Im gonna need someone to hold my hand on how 2 Minda here. I read that little guide in the OP on here and I still have no idea

BBBBY is a huge hand slamming extremely mobile attack. If it hits anything whatsoever, it charges up your darkness. What this means is that you should never use the plain old Y strong attack. It doesn't work on captains, it's slow, and it wastes your time. Once you have darkness, what's happening is that your hits are getting stronger the more they hit each individual enemy. Therefore on captains, you want to use one of your combos to hit them ridiculous numbers of times, as each hit will be doing progressively more damage. You can also just use BBBBY a lot even if you're already charged because it is amazing and will often even pick up captains and hurl them around like ragdolls.

The most important thing to practice with her is being able to pull off the handslamming move reliably. It's a little tricky at first, but the guide in the OP lays it out pretty clearly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Adventure mode's credits are the funniest thing in the entire game something about how Cia is standing in a field and Ganondorf hauls rear end and just stabs her got a huge laugh out of me

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Wild Knight posted:

I realized I don't have the magic armor badge for Zelda so...that would probably help for the damage rating.

Where do you find Redeads though? I can't think of any level offhand where they were prevalent.

First time I remember encountering them was Twilight Realm in Adventure Mode.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
YESSSS I GOT IT. I had Volga and Wizro dead at 4 minutes with 1 1/2 missing hearts. I even had room for Ghirahim to get off almost a full combo. :smug:

Thank god that's done. I've got plenty of other more relaxing missions on the east side to do now. :kiddo:

edit: For the record, the route I used was South Aerofos -> The messenger heading west -> Wizro -> Volga -> Boss Aerofos -> 4 or 5 minutes of massacring poo poo to get up my kill count -> The other messenger who seems to always get caught on the north wall and stops moving -> Ghirahim

edit2: Or maybe I don't, I forgot the whole reason I was doing this christless mission was to get to Link's lv. 1 Great Fairy :doh:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 8, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

edit2: Or maybe I don't, I forgot the whole reason I was doing this christless mission was to get to Link's lv. 1 Great Fairy :doh:

Don't worry, the great fairy mission is eaaaaaaaaaaaasy and doesn't even need to be A-ranked (though you probably will anyway!).

I finally unlocked Zant! Now it's time to grind him and Girahim up... somewhere so they can actually have some good weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Did it look to anyone else like Cia doesn't have a dodge roll but instead does a brief dodge in place?

• Locked thread