Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

omg chael crash posted:

Was that tournament any good?

It was perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
How close to death did Cody look?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

vainman posted:

How close to death did Cody look?

Imagine the following two people fighting combined into a single man:

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
FWIW Mr. Mackenzie has not turned up at any of our local hobo jungles or halfway houses

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Lesson for the day: don't try to be Anthony Pettis if you aren't Anthony Pettis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuFuGN_Cp1k

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hahaha Roan Carneiro on the MMA hour is pretty funny. He said he was scared someone would steal his belt so he wore it on the plane and regaled other passengers with the story of how he got it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hahaha Roan Carneiro on the MMA hour is pretty funny. He said he was scared someone would steal his belt so he wore it on the plane and regaled other passengers with the story of how he got it.

I think I saw on twitter that he said the OK AC fined him like $15k for missing a meeting so he only took home $35k instead of the full 50,000

He mention that, or do I not know how to read twitter again? :confused:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

LobsterMobster posted:

I think I saw on twitter that he said the OK AC fined him like $15k for missing a meeting so he only took home $35k instead of the full 50,000

He mention that, or do I not know how to read twitter again? :confused:

He got fined 30% for being 90 minutes late for a medical. He didn't get to appeal because by the time he had discovered his fine (when he got paid by the promoters) the AC representatives had already left the venue.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Apparently DEEP are picking up the reins for the traditional hastily planned, ultra long NYE card. I'll be surprised if they get anything beyond a NicoNico streaming deal and a bunch of fights that they'd usually put on anyway.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80SMD_y6Pw&t=120s

2 on 1 mma: really good idea

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsIY-O6Ig1E

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He was wearing it all day yesterday too :kiddo:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Give that dude two bonuses. That was the most badass outcome possible.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like the comments alternate between "THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING POSSIBLE" and "It's a work, wake up sheeple."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
That first KO hook he lands looks mighty real.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
WSOF, on NBC Sports, will include three championship fights. Because those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. I'm frankly surprised Jake Shields isn't involved.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

WSOF, on NBC Sports, will include three championship fights. Because those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. I'm frankly surprised Jake Shields isn't involved.

In just a few short days, Jake Shields will once again be a World Champion, so all will be right with the world soon enough

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I wonder how it feels to call yourself a "world champion" when you live in a world where the UFC exists.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Dangersim posted:

I wonder how it feels to call yourself a "world champion" when you live in a world where the UFC exists.

Every American knows that if you win the world series, you are a world champion

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gregor Samsa posted:

Except MLB is the baseball equivalent of the UFC, as it is the premiere organization that everyone wants to get into. Shields being a world champ in WSoF is like a dude being a champ with the Tokyo Yakult Swallows

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gregor Samsa posted:

The fact that people actually whine about this and try to use it as a valid example of American arrogance always makes me laugh. The Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters would thrash the Yankees as we all know.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Hi defensive baseball fans, it was a play on the name of WSOF, you can all rest assured I do not think there is a team of malnourished Venezuelans who would totally stomp the nationals if given the chance.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gregor Samsa posted:

Hi defensive baseball fans

I hate baseball with a burning passion.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie joins Bellator as national brand ambassador

This is just bizarre. This sounds like a Chuck Liddell kind of job, but Bellator isn't really making a ton of money so I don't get it.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Who is still optimistic about bellator?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I enjoy and look forward to more funny fights involving manhoef, jt, tito,, will brooks and michael chandler

Oh and king mo

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellator is cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

UFC Hall of Famer Royce Gracie joins Bellator as national brand ambassador

This is just bizarre. This sounds like a Chuck Liddell kind of job, but Bellator isn't really making a ton of money so I don't get it.

Their events lose tons of money and the only way to make money is to lose money so they need to lose more.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I, for one, welcome the addition of Gym Hescue to the Spike lineup.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Different angle of Rampage/Arona I've never seen before

http://vimeo.com/108400866

The cameraman, for some reason, veers to the big screen twice but captures the best part. The in ring and corner commentary is pretty funny.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

origami posted:

Different angle of Rampage/Arona I've never seen before

http://vimeo.com/108400866

The cameraman, for some reason, veers to the big screen twice but captures the best part. The in ring and corner commentary is pretty funny.

Yeah I saw that earlier today, it's cool that you can actually hear what Rampage is saying.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Yuriy posted:

I enjoy and look forward to more funny fights involving manhoef, jt, tito,, will brooks and michael chandler

Oh and king mo

The best guy on this list won't be competing any time soon I doubt. His calf muscles hosed.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

The best guy on this list won't be competing any time soon I doubt. His calf muscles hosed.

that's disappointing but i hope he doesn't try to fight through it

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's disappointing but i hope he doesn't try to fight through it

From what I gather he won't be, hes in a marginally better place than he was back when he had to take fights to keep a roof over his head

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayhem is currently live tweeting his arrest right now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

god speed, you shiny diamond of crazy.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

:munch:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

willie_dee posted:

No, Tito has no calf muscles, they can't be injured.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
I am worried for @GATORHOTDOGDOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Dangersim posted:

I actually don't really think it's all that silly to have several world champions spread out over various organisations in sports like MMA, where there really aren't any official tournaments run by independent governing bodies, like there is in wrestling or swimming, for instance. In sports run mainly by private Corporations world champion merely means it was a competition within a certain organisation open to competitors from all or most nationalities, as opposed to competitions restricted to nationals of a certain smaller geographical area.

Certain Wwrld champion titles will just be more meaningful than others but it's not really wrong to call them all world campionship titles, European titles, or whatever region they restrict themselves to.