Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Wow, Hypnotized. Now that's a deep cut of a track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I fought in a war, dammit!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Poor Crane denied his beer.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nitpicking the Sam Adams logo. Ichabod rules.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Noooooo!! Jenny, no! That coin is NOT lucky...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Poor Ichabod needs a fake ID bad.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Two scenes in this episode mentioning Ichabod having no ID or proof of existence. Wonder if they're setting something up,

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

More of the perky desk clerk please.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Let her kill the sheriff!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
3) a redhead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I miss you Orlando.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Falsified identification documents! Party!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PIED loving PIPER

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Waffleman_ posted:

PIED loving PIPER

This loving show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wearing a hat indoors, i know about homosexuals.

this show cracks me up consistently

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My son hates me and my wife is living with another man. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Compendium posted:

My son hates me and my wife is living with another man. :v:

The hits just keep on coming. :allears:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Kwyndig posted:

Haha Ichabod doesn't give a poo poo about gay marriage, it's HATS INDOORS he takes issue with.

Fair enough. Wearing your hat indoors is plain crass.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my granddad stuffed my flexfit down the back of my pants, in public, for doing it once. Never again, i was 20 yrs old.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

sheriff lady is getting annoying though. This show works better when they don't let real world troubles get in the way. I hope they either expose her as evil, or get her on the same page quicksmart.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I like new sheriff's character, she's an rear end in a top hat but not just for the sake of being rear end in a top hat but yes, she doesn't really fit with the show's theme of pretty much everybody being in on the secret war on one side or another.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's an 18 episode season; we've got time for her to get on-task.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I liked the "privateer" guy and hope he shows up again.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

I liked the "privateer" guy and hope he shows up again.
He seems rather specific to this week's story, the coin makes you betray the thing you've been the most loyal to. He is a man with no loyalties so that makes him the ideal safe keeper for such an object.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Nah, he'll show up again. He's part of the "Sheriff Corbin doin' thangs" backstory, and since he knows a lot about old, powerful stuff he will probably be vital when they need to procure something from him to defeat a Horseman or something. This dude is Chekov's Gunrunner. Put his rear end on the mantle in act one so it doesn't come out of nowhere in act three.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It's an 18 episode season; we've got time for her to get on-task.

It's sleepy hollow. They normally cover 18 episodes worth of normal show plot each episode.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, this new Sheriff is definitely on Moloch's side.

I really don't get that impression at all. From everything we've seen about her and her actions, I think she's the rare "acts exactly like a normal person would in her situation" character.

The girls' mum tries to kidnap her kids and has some kind of breakdown? Put her in an institution rather than prison and hope she'll get help.

Old police chief talks about demons? Put him in an institution - but not too nicely as he's confessed to killing fellow police officers and looks like he's trying to pull a scam to get out of jail.

Escaped convict with a bag full of guns on police property? Act surprisingly cool about it and politely arrest her.

Officer improperly access personnel files? Chew them out but, again, be surprisingly cool about it when you find out why she did it.

Crazy man in weird clothes running around where he really shouldn't be with an unknown connection to the old police chief? Be firm but polite and ask for his ID.

Know one of your officers wants to find out the truth about what happened to her mother? Quietly give her the file.

I think she was a real friend to the girls' mother and that she's also a good cop, the stereotypical "hard but fair" officer who has seen some serious poo poo, but has simply never found anything she couldn't explain - like demons, witches, or apocalyptic horsemen.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

I really don't get that impression at all. From everything we've seen about her and her actions, I think she's the rare "acts exactly like a normal person would in her situation" character.

The girls' mum tries to kidnap her kids and has some kind of breakdown? Put her in an institution rather than prison and hope she'll get help.

Old police chief talks about demons? Put him in an institution - but not too nicely as he's confessed to killing fellow police officers and looks like he's trying to pull a scam to get out of jail.

Escaped convict with a bag full of guns on police property? Act surprisingly cool about it and politely arrest her.

Officer improperly access personnel files? Chew them out but, again, be surprisingly cool about it when you find out why she did it.

Crazy man in weird clothes running around where he really shouldn't be with an unknown connection to the old police chief? Be firm but polite and ask for his ID.

Know one of your officers wants to find out the truth about what happened to her mother? Quietly give her the file.

I think she was a real friend to the girls' mother and that she's also a good cop, the stereotypical "hard but fair" officer who has seen some serious poo poo, but has simply never found anything she couldn't explain - like demons, witches, or apocalyptic horsemen.

Cool. Now lets hurry up and get her with the program so she can be useful.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
100% on-board with that.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just want to pop in and say I love this show. However my biggest fear from S1 is coming true; I don't like that Death is Abraham. I think it was way better when he was a faceless (heh) horseman of the apocolypse. The scenes were see Abraham himself is just bad :(

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Valeyard posted:

Just want to pop in and say I love this show. However my biggest fear from S1 is coming true; I don't like that Death is Abraham. I think it was way better when he was a faceless (heh) horseman of the apocolypse. The scenes were see Abraham himself is just bad :(

It's because all he's had to interact with so far has been Katrina, and NOBODY wants to interact with Katrina if they can help it (apologies to Katia Winter).

One we get some Face-Abraham vs. Ichabod scenes things should improve because they both just want to :black101: each other so bad.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

It's because all he's had to interact with so far has been Katrina, and NOBODY wants to interact with Katrina if they can help it (apologies to Katia Winter).

One we get some Face-Abraham vs. Ichabod scenes things should improve because they both just want to :black101: each other so bad.

We will see.

Could someone please explain something I didn't get in S1, who/what/where was Death prior to Abrahm dying? Is it just like a title that is passed down with some powers alongside it?

I don't want them geting further away from the supernatural biblical routes of the Horsemen and humanising them more :colbert: I am grumpy

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I figure they are just hosts to these forces of nature now. There may not have been a horseman of death before Abraham because Death never needed a corporeal form.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Valeyard posted:

Death being Abraham makes sense within the context of the title though; "Sleepy Hollow." Ever read the short story this whole pot of craziness is based off of? It's implied that Abraham "Brom" was the dude who dressed up as Headless to scare off Ichabod so he could get his hands off of Katrina.

For this show, yeah it might not be the best decision, but it's one that makes sense. Also, I like the actor, he's pretty intense despite having only two people to work off of so far.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Neil Jackson is great and I'm glad he's found a recurring role. He was really awesome in the one off episode of Person of Interest he did last year.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Zaggitz posted:

Neil Jackson is great and I'm glad he's found a recurring role. He was really awesome in the one off episode of Person of Interest he did last year.

You just blew my mind. I had no idea he was the same guy! That's awesome.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Slightly disappointed that War's attorney's office doesn't have a real website, would've been a good place to put easter eggs or trivia.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

Slightly disappointed that War's attorney's office doesn't have a real website, would've been a good place to put easter eggs or trivia.

Let me guess, his partner's first name is Lou.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Nah, his partner is Bill. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Win, Show, Place.

Like with horses. This show. :swoon:

• Locked thread