Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh, the game loads up the unskippable intro then crashes to the desktop. 3 times now. What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Locker code for 1000VC: IWATCHEDNBA2KTV

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So do GMs start offering less terrible trades when their trust in you starts going up? Are they at least more willing to negotiate?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I tried to do the face scanning again and ended up with two mouths.

E: did anyone else who preordered on the PSN not get their bonuses?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey what crew are PS4 goons going for the street ball stuff? Spoiler: there are 2 correct answers, and the lovely California knockoffs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inside Outside posted:

I don't think I did but I also was only dinking around in GM mode and the very start of myCareer.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Does Lillard mean mug in 2k15? This is literally the only thing Live 15 might have going for it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey what crew are PS4 goons going for the street ball stuff? Spoiler: there are 2 correct answers, and the lovely California knockoffs.

Pick one and I'll put it in the OP. I don't have it yet so I can't make this crippling life decision.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm sure at least half of the stories coming out are people intentionally loving with the face-scanning process, but it's still funny:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quandary posted:

How bad are PC controls if you don't have a external controller? I'd like to play it if it's not horrible, but it probably is.

I use this USB receiver that you can hook up to an XBOX controller. Sports games are unplayable with mouse and keyboard.

Tae posted:

Uh, the game loads up the unskippable intro then crashes to the desktop. 3 times now. What the gently caress?

Good news, everything is still unskippable! Thanks 2k, you learned nothing from all the complaints last year!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

For people who have played GM in the past, how hard can it be to re-sign rookies in this game? The Sixers offered me Noel for Pekovic just before I stopped playing last night but I didn't pull the trigger because I already have so many young guys on my team and I'm worried about what happens if their contracts all start coming up at once.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Inside Outside posted:

I spent SEVERAL hours trying to get it right. Here are my protips:

Get real good lighting. Hold the camera closer to your face.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
After taking a few games to get used to the controls again I gotta say this game feels really great. I wanted to start off on the bottom as a Small Forward for the Raptors but still I'm enjoying the feeling of improving from totally eating poo poo at the scouting scrimmage game to actually kicking a lot of rear end at the first proper season game. I'm terrible at defense though, I can keep some guys locked up but if they assign me to anyone half good at their job they just wreck me.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I got wrecked by Russell Westbrook as my 5'8", 185lb PG. I think I need to start over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
One thing I do like, on your social media feed as a player kinda no matter what you do there's always at least one dude poo poo talking you. I have a bunch of guys saying 'yea he's looking good' and just one rando saying "oh you know the coach isn't happy with him after that game".

NBA 2k15: A pretty accurate twitter sim in a good basketball game.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Can you not edit anything about your player once you start your career? I can't figure out how to change accessories or my number or anything.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Offense is really fun in this game but defense makes me want to throw my controller through my screen. Anthony Davis was just 20-20 in a game I played online where I was double teaming him down low and boxing him out on rebounds. The guy I was playing was just flying in jamming Y and getting every single rebound then immediately putting the ball up with no regard to my guys putting their hands in his face. I started doing the same thing with Melo after the first quarter and ended up going 15-16 with him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Game still crashes to the desktop when I reach the splash screen. Is anyone else having this problem on PC?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So.... when trying to set up the myplayer stuff at the start no matter what I do every letter I enter is read as "y" or "Y". The gently caress?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I haven't had that happen to me. Not being able to type with an actual keyboard on PC is pretty dumb, though.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Tae posted:

Game still crashes to the desktop when I reach the splash screen. Is anyone else having this problem on PC?

This is all pretty obivious stuff but did you update your GPU drivers, verify files on Steam, etc.?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

For anyone with an Android phone or tablet, mynba2k15 is already out on the play store. iOS version will be coming out "soon."

Ishin posted:

So.... when trying to set up the myplayer stuff at the start no matter what I do every letter I enter is read as "y" or "Y". The gently caress?

This happened to me too. The first time, it actually wouldnt even register any letters at all and just remained blank. I restarted it a few times and exited out and clicked on the enter email address and eventually it worked normally.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The stuck letter thing actually has to do with your mouse curser, so just move your mouse (or use it to input stuff, whatever).

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-2k15s-face-scans-resulting-in-terrifyingly-hil/1100-6422799/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I'm a big fan of this game's face capture. I'm kinda bummed I decided to just go with making a homeless looking man named Doctor Slamjam.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Inside Outside posted:

I keep having a fat jaw and a strange black growth on my cheek.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Where is 2kShare in the menus? Shooting with Dirk is harder while shooting with Monta is easier than last game. This game finally let's me use the old stick controls and alley-oop.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 7, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hockles posted:

What are you doing to get it to work?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Hockles posted:

You should probably get that looked at.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, I had my drapes opened to get some natural light in here, except it's been raining so that's not really helping anything. I realized the black smudges were from me turning my head too much, and my hair getting in the shot.

I'm on attempt number 7, drapes are closed and lamps have been moved around to get more light. I came close on attempt #5, but I ended up having two different shades of skin on separate sides of my face, and it looked like I had a black eye. And my mouth was slanted slightly.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hockles posted:

Well, I had my drapes opened to get some natural light in here, except it's been raining so that's not really helping anything. I realized the black smudges were from me turning my head too much, and my hair getting in the shot.

I'm on attempt number 7, drapes are closed and lamps have been moved around to get more light. I came close on attempt #5, but I ended up having two different shades of skin on separate sides of my face, and it looked like I had a black eye. And my mouth was slanted slightly.

I hope to god in reality they are just capturing tons of basketball nerds around the country trying to get this to work and will sell hours of video of people trying to re-arrange their slovenly hovel so their basketball man looks like them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is my net being weird or are the servers kinda janky on PS4?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone on PS4 want to start up a fantasy draft league?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Is anybody playing the Career mode? Have they improved the stuff outside of games at all? Do you still have to sit through inane, unskippable 10 minute conversations with your GM in a hilariously low quality office just to ask for a trade? I heard about them removing the rookie showcase and basically letting you choose what team you want to play for. That sounds way better, but does it actually work as advertised? Do GMs still randomly make nonsensical trades that completely butcher your team and leave you with poo poo all for teammates despite the fact that you're winning a ton of games?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'd say it's about 94% accurate.

Took me about 10 tries. I still have a noticeable discolaration on my right cheek, and the place where my face and neck skin meet is very apparent. And once I start up in the mode, my face doesn't look like that anymore. Oh well.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought my face was a passable representation. Cheeks were a little too red and my eyebrows were invisible. All the next gen stuff available and I still feel like my face was never more accurate than on Tiger Woods 2004 on PS2.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Hockles posted:

I'd say it's about 94% accurate.

Took me about 10 tries. I still have a noticeable discolaration on my right cheek, and the place where my face and neck skin meet is very apparent. And once I start up in the mode, my face doesn't look like that anymore. Oh well.

That's pretty loving close to you my friend.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is my net being weird or are the servers kinda janky on PS4?

When I tried to get on about 2 hours ago it wasn't working for me, I tried 2 different internet connections with the same result.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Anyone playing this on PC? Me and a friend bought 2k14 on PC last year and then found out you couldn't quickmatch with friends. Is the multiplayer full featured this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jackie D posted:

Anyone playing this on PC? Me and a friend bought 2k14 on PC last year and then found out you couldn't quickmatch with friends. Is the multiplayer full featured this year?

It is all fully featured. Biff and I played the 95-96 sonics vs the 96-97 bulls and it was basically the best videogame ever made.

• Locked thread