Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I'm confused as to why everyone's concerned about time slowing down and not, you know, monsters.

Well, time slows down when monsters are near. Therefore, the two go hand in hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Monsters have been appearing regularly in Japan for ages by this point. The slowdown is new.

Cernunnos posted:

Drive may have the most explicitly brutal introduction to the series in a while. The bloody death of Shinnosuke's partner, people getting crushed by giant bowling balls and pins, cities worldwide exploding.

Is the partner confirmed dead?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I enjoyed the first episode, dug the fights and the main character, really digging the detective work going on too. Also, I thought the sidekick girl had some really nice legs.
And some killer moves with that gun. She is a kick-rear end police badass and I look forward to seeing her doing her police work thing. Seems like she's an apology for Rinko from Wizard.

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 7, 2014

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I enjoyed the first episode, dug the fights and the main character, really digging the detective work going on too. Also, I thought the sidekick girl had some really nice legs.
And some killer moves with that gun. She is a kick-rear end police badass and I look forward to seeing her doing her police work thing. Seems like she's an apology for Rinko from Wizard.

I've seen too much shounen in which a female character gets an awesome first showing and proceeds to get sidelined for the entire rest of the series, and Kamen Rider has raised my hopes too many times. In a perfect world she'd be a female Ichijo, but right now I've got the bar set at "does things of consequence sometimes and doesn't get taken hostage too often".

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
Pretty sure she got sidelined the moment she had to give up the other Shift Cars. Unless they continue to let her hold onto one every ep, she's not going to be doing anything against the MotWs at least.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd really love for her to be the backup Rider, but that's never gonna happen. The most we'll ever get is her giving the guy new equipment and explaining everything and possibly as a movie Rider

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

WickedHate posted:

Monsters have been appearing regularly in Japan for ages by this point. The slowdown is new.

Is the partner confirmed dead?

Confirmed dead until he shows up halfway through the season as a mystery antagonist.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is Ichijo the only human in Kamen Rider to take down multiple monsters WITHOUT super high tech stuff?

Including the second in command!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Yosuke posted:

Pretty sure she got sidelined the moment she had to give up the other Shift Cars. Unless they continue to let her hold onto one every ep, she's not going to be doing anything against the MotWs at least.

To be fair, it's not like she was really "using" the Shift Cars anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My first live Rider series was Decade.

At least it wasn't completely terrible.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
They let her move during the slowdown. We don't know if they plan to keep allowing her to do that yet.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

Demicol posted:

I just hope they don't take the "hitting the main character with a shoe" from W too, I don't know if I can take another as annoying female lead.

Akiko was great though?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

WickedHate posted:

To be fair, it's not like she was really "using" the Shift Cars anyway.

She used them to shoot and attack the monsters! But yeah, after Rinko and then Gaim I have no expectations that Kiriko won't get shoved into the background. At least they didn't tease her trying to use the belt like Mari in Faiz I guess?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Potsticker posted:

She used them to shoot and attack the monsters!

She just asked them to help Drive, then tossed them into the air and let them fly off on their own.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Akiko ruled. She was confident and willing to call out people's poo poo, she had a goal to become a great detective like her dad was, she got a hot motorcycle boyfriend. I'm cautiously optimistic that Kiriko will be closer to Akikio than the past couple of female leads if only because the setup of her being the only person who knows about the belt and Drive means a good amount of spotlight for a non-Rider.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Yosuke posted:

They let her move during the slowdown. We don't know if they plan to keep allowing her to do that yet.

That was just because she was carrying the Shift Cars with her, and now that she's given them to Drive, she'll be affected just like everyone else unless Drive lets her carry some.

You know, Funky Spike...wasn't actually all that funky.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Twelve by Pies posted:

That was just because she was carrying the Shift Cars with her, and now that she's given them to Drive, she'll be affected just like everyone else unless Drive lets her carry some.

You know, Funky Spike...wasn't actually all that funky.

I know, my "they" was referring to her using the Shift Cars initially.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

WickedHate posted:

She just asked them to help Drive, then tossed them into the air and let them fly off on their own.

I meant, she used them so she could move during the slowdown in order to shoot and attack the monsters. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

I meant, she used them so she could move during the slowdown in order to shoot and attack the monsters. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

She also shot 7 bullets out of a 6 shot revolver so while she's pretty badass she was down to -1 bullets so she couldn't do much after that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She also shot 7 bullets out of a 6 shot revolver so while she's pretty badass she was down to -1 bullets so she couldn't do much after that.

Maybe she had one in the oh wait revolvers don't work like that. :iiam:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Solaris Knight posted:

Guys, I keep rewatching the first episode of Drive just so I can listen to Surprise Drive again.

I think I have a problem. :negative:

It's already up on iTunes in Japan, if you want to next level this poo poo. I mean, just the TV Size, but that's all you get from looping the video anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Potsticker posted:

Maybe she had one in the oh wait revolvers don't work like that. :iiam:

She borrowed the revolver from Killer 7.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
So watching The Flash tonight had something occur to me.

Now there's two live action superhero shows about a red clad hero associated with speed and time dilation fighting otherworldly powered humans/monsters from within the police department with a cast of whacky characters.

That is a very odd coincidence, that they'd premiere within the same week and all. :tinfoil:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Also, I thought the sidekick girl had some really nice legs.

Be respectful; it's a detective series, so she has luscious gams, not "nice legs".

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's already up on iTunes in Japan, if you want to next level this poo poo. I mean, just the TV Size, but that's all you get from looping the video anyway.

I don't know if it's just the initial hype, but Surprise Drive seems like one of the best Rider openings we've had in quite a while. Probably since OOO.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I don't know if it's just the initial hype, but Surprise Drive seems like one of the best Rider openings we've had in quite a while. Probably since OOO.

I thought Wizard's premiere episode was really great. Oh, I totally misread what you wrote. Okay, I think Wizard's OP song was pretty great. It was kind of a magical tune. Even as the series slumped hard, I still liked listening through the OP.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Brother Entropy posted:

Akiko ruled. She was confident and willing to call out people's poo poo, she had a goal to become a great detective like her dad was, she got a hot motorcycle boyfriend. I'm cautiously optimistic that Kiriko will be closer to Akikio than the past couple of female leads if only because the setup of her being the only person who knows about the belt and Drive means a good amount of spotlight for a non-Rider.

Hot motorcycle HUSBAND you mean. :colbert:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Solaris Knight posted:

So watching The Flash tonight had something occur to me.

Wait, they made another liveaction Flash show? Is it any good? I assume its a Barry show?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

Wait, they made another liveaction Flash show? Is it any good? I assume its a Barry show?

There's a lot of hype behind it since the people who helmed the Arrow series are working on this one. Haven't seen it myself though

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Burkion posted:

I dislike just how toy-like the toys look this year, specifically the extra cars, they look like they JUST took the toys from the shelf and gave them to the actor, but whatever.

While KR's always been a children's show, it definitely feels like the "little kids and big(ger) kids" demo split between Super Sentai and Kamen Rider has been getting softer and softer. I'm guessing it has to do with Super Sentai consistently getting its audience eaten up by Pokemon and other videogame-merchandise-based properties, meaning that KR has to pull double duty on the toy pushing.

Which means more audaciously goofy everything.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Solaris Knight posted:

Guys, I keep rewatching the first episode of Drive just so I can listen to Surprise Drive again.

I think I have a problem. :negative:
I've ripped the mp3 so I can listen to it while driving to work.

Move over... :negative:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Liking this so far, it's basically Knight Rider with super powers. In other news, MillionFold Curiousity has just released the first 10 episodes of Ohranger.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 8, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
And Jeeg has Released Stronger 38 ! Nearly there!!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Perigryn posted:

I've ripped the mp3 so I can listen to it while driving to work.

Move over... :negative:

I wouldn't mind getting some action on that. :flashfap:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cliff Racer posted:

It's pretty fun. Last series' Barry is this Barry's dad, and we've already seen a cage labeled Grodd that its inhabitant busted out of. I'm pretty hyped.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's pretty fun. Last series' Barry is this Barry's dad, and we've already seen a cage labeled Grodd that its inhabitant busted out of. I'm pretty hyped.

Wait it is legitimately a sequel to the 90s Flash?

Also YES STRONGER!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

Wait it is legitimately a sequel to the 90s Flash?

Also YES STRONGER!

No, just silly continuity references so far. The pilot was pretty fun, and he already has his costume, but not the name yet.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Abra cadabra
http://tinyhenshinsubs.tumblr.com/post/99459220267/magical-family-magiranger-coming-soon-to-a-blog

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

But what about my nii-chan-tachi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Awesome! But are they any good?

• Locked thread