Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Brony Hunter posted:

Can you play a Human? I wanna play a Human. Saiyans are for posers.

In the actual game I think they supported being human, but in the network test that is for today only you can only be a Saiyan or a Namekian. The matchmaking is a bit hit or miss, takes a WHILE to get some lobbies to come up, but it is with a much smaller test base. Once we were in a game I noticed no lag. Having three separate people trying to beat up on one guy is a bit chaotic though and generally doesn't work that well with almost every combo having some sort of push-back. Some coordination in the players would've helped.

There are all the poses they showed up, plus a ridiculous amount more. There are 4 pages of pre-canned sayings to use as well, like Hello!, and various looking for group sayings. Oh and One more time, please, and other rematch style things. Since you can PvP in this as well.

I found it a little odd that you get to select between your created character and any unlocked character (Goku, Krillin, Tien, Vegeta, Yamcha, etc. ) when you actually take on the mission. Your avatar is only required when you walk around the city area, and talk to other people. If you want you can play as Tien, and take on the mission where you prepare for the Saiyans and fight Tien/Krillin. Having two of them in the fight, or hell 4 Tiens, if you all pick him.

I guess I was more expecting the missions you do to be your avatar only, and then have a separate kind of Vs. mode where you pick anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Having two of them in the fight, or hell 4 Tiens, if you all pick him.

A team of Mr Satans :getin:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Trip report on the DBZ: Xenoverse, no manual/tutorial really hurts, especially in the first mission, where you need to target the portal, and go through it.

I also apparently am the only one who picked to be a Namekian. Everyone that I walked around seeing was a Saiyan, be it female or male.

The combat system is a bit weird for me, where you hold R2 for your selection of specials/supers/ultimates. Coming from Budokai and Burst Limit, is this something I just missed in the latest games?

Tenkaichi does this IIRC.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kild posted:

Tenkaichi does this IIRC.

As I mentioned I played all of the Budokai/Burst Limit style games, ( 2D Fighters really ) not the Tenkaichi games, so that would make sense.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New DBM hit. Emperor Veggy is almost certainly going to win now, unless going SSJ3 makes him bleed out faster or something.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I really hope he passes out from bloodloss and looses at this point :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Prime timeline Vegeta has got to be loving pissed

Thyrork posted:

This would be totally acceptable and make me laugh a ton.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Thyrork posted:

And now I have the mental image of Vegeta doing this, still in Super Saiyan 3.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

StrifeHira posted:

And now I have the mental image of Vegeta doing this, still in Super Saiyan 3.

And now I have to watch the entire playlist again because I am insane. From Earth.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
DBM: Making all my stupid fanboy dreams come true.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The longer this Vegeta fight continues the shorter the Piccolo Gast fight will be, which suggests it will be a beat down. I'm ok with that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

The longer this Vegeta fight continues the shorter the Piccolo Gast fight will be, which suggests it will be a beat down. I'm ok with that.

There won't be more than a couple more pages, I don't think. Either Vegeta just completely clowns the Cell Jr. and murders the poo poo out of Raichi, or whatever ghosts Raichi has left hold out long enough for Vegeta to run out of steam. Or blood.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I really feel like the ghosts in the ball has already run its gamut and gimmick dry and I honestly wouldn't mind if he was just taken out of the contest already.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mordaedil posted:

I really feel like the ghosts in the ball has already run its gamut and gimmick dry and I honestly wouldn't mind if he was just taken out of the contest already.

Yeah, it was a cool idea but I think we've hit the limits of its potential. Besides, if Raichi is doing this because he hates the Saiyans, Peak Renegade Vegeta should really be the end of his arc. I'm worried they might have him stick around, though, since you can get more what-if scenarios out of his ghost bullshit.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

So apparently next bracket is majin buu vs uub and vegeta vs kakarot. If the tournament keeps going for that long those might be cool.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
DBZA's breakdown for 44 is up. http://teamfourstar.com/video/episode-breakdown-episode-44/

Kaiserneko seems happy with it. :haw:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

So apparently next bracket is majin buu vs uub and vegeta vs kakarot. If the tournament keeps going for that long those might be cool.

Oh god I'm hoping that Kakarot vs. Vegeta starts with Kakarot going for Super Saiyan 3 and Vegeta finally pulling out the thing he's been hinting at for the entire series.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Thyrork posted:

DBZA's breakdown for 44 is up. http://teamfourstar.com/video/episode-breakdown-episode-44/

Kaiserneko seems happy with it. :haw:

Oh man, I never would have picked up on the reference to the restaurant name. I'm also really glad he didn't think of a more elegant solution for Cell in the beginning of the episode, it wouldn't have been nearly as funny if his head wasn't on an awkward pivot the whole time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meZcSb39j68

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

God it must be fun to do that for a living. Killer on the throat, but fun as hell.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I remember reading that Sean passed out in one recording session and either he or someone else developed throat polyps.

During the actual series.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

My copy of the blu-ray just came in today, I'm super excited to get off work and throw it in to watch it all over again. :swoon:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Yep, Battle of Gods is out today. YAYYYY

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Some Numbers posted:

I remember reading that Sean passed out in one recording session and either he or someone else developed throat polyps.

Wasn't it after he did the SS3 transformation? That's what it said on some random site I read years ago.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That sounds right, since that was almost a solid episode of yelling.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

The 2 extra features they did for watching the voice acting behind the scenes were pretty cool. Also the extended edition scenes are actually interspersed throughout the movie, and I thought helped a bit with pacing. They were almost ALL universally random jokes, but it gave even more of that original Dragonball feel to it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Some Numbers posted:

That sounds right, since that was almost a solid episode of yelling.

That scene was five minutes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TriffTshngo posted:

It's DBZ, same difference.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

TriffTshngo posted:

It's well established that "5 minutes" equals 4 hours & 13 Minutes across 7 episodes.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2Ici4gG1Q

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hhaha fitting that GT caused him to pass out. Well at least that's one story that has been fully explained.

Goddamn that makes him being able to shout during the SSJ3 more amazing. :stare:

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Webbeh posted:

Man, this whole time I though you guys were just exaggerating how good this movie was. Nope, it is wholly and legitimately great.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

You can hear his voice blow out in movie 12 when Goku goes SSJ3.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of the SSJ3 transformation...there's 2 ways TFS can play that when they get to it...either keep it right at the original length and go crazy with the screaming....or have it be the quickest and easiest transformation ever. Either would be hilarious...

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

jivjov posted:

Speaking of the SSJ3 transformation...there's 2 ways TFS can play that when they get to it...either keep it right at the original length and go crazy with the screaming....or have it be the quickest and easiest transformation ever. Either would be hilarious...

Single 10 hour youtube video.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I love the original anime transformation because it is so powerful, the Earth itself tears itself asunder just from the transmutation, making it at least slightly believable that it is a singularity of power that also somehow drains time from what he was allowed to stay on Earth. Also, considering they've been able to explode planets pretty much since Freeza, the idea that SSJ3 could easily suplex the planet is more apparent with just seeing the devastation Goku causes.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Am I the only guy who's bothered by the idea that being really good at fighting means you should be able to blow up a whole planet? I am? Ok I'll see myself out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VanSandman posted:

Am I the only guy who's bothered by the idea that being really good at fighting means you should be able to blow up a whole planet? I am? Ok I'll see myself out.

Training is the ki.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
to fight monsters you have to become a monster :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Zzulu posted:

to fight monsters you have to become a monster :allears:
So the drift is like a fusion dance...

Go Big bang kind of attack or go Extinct.:kamina:

• Locked thread