Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Part of the charm of Flash's villains is that they're all actually pretty cool despite having some of the worst loving names of any villains ever.

I hope they nail Captain Cold. Can't wait for all of the rogues to be introduced to start having them be the "Blue Collar Villain Troop".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Part of the charm of Flash's villains is that they're all actually pretty cool despite having some of the worst loving names of any villains ever.

Heat Wave would beg to differ :colbert:

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
That was really random. Why the hell did the captain need to freak out at Barry as if he'd been personally insulted?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Deadpool posted:

Plus they have a code; its why that Flash episode of JLU is the best :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess their sketch artist is Jim Lee?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solaris Knight posted:

The Rogues are very distinct from other villains because they're 1) Often more of a team than individuals, and 2) very affable and polite as far as supervillains go.

Yea I really dig the whole like 'old time badguy' thing they do with the Rogues, lots of poo poo around them having a code of honor and a proper way to do things and all. I have a feeling a lot of that's gonna get washed out in the show though.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is also true, just saying they'll probably keep him as close to comic canon for Barry as possible since, despite being the blandest of that villain's incarnations, he's as close to "The Flash's Joker" as we'll get. Besides, I always thought Deathstroke was lame before Arrow fixed him up, maybe they'll give him the same.

Given how much they messed with Oliver's rogues gallery, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled off something unexpected.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Mog posted:

That was really random. Why the hell did the captain need to freak out at Barry as if he'd been personally insulted?

Because to be fair if you're a cop and a guy is saying that a magic light ball murdered his mom and now a zombie is shooting lightning at people you'd probably be pretty pissed when you're still cleaning corpses up.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wow that was harsh.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wish this wheelchair scientist was played by Jeff Goldblum. I mean he kind of looks like him

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Hey, remember Arrow?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh hey, here's the worst part of the episode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Haha he ran all the way to talk to Ollie.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Cool :allears:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I heard it a million times in the trailers, but I never get tired of that line: "Saving people. In a flash."

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So Flash is the DCTU's Superman to Arrow's Batman?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Captain Mog posted:

Are you talking about Jesse Martin? Dude has probably been dealing with Barry's crackpot bullshit for years. He's clearly used to covering for Barry's gently caress-ups. This is a boiling point he's probably been building towards for years.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Technogeek posted:

So Flash is the DCTU's Superman to Arrow's Batman?

Man I loving hope so.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Man I loving hope so.

If nothing else, it's interesting to imagine a Justice League without the two biggest names. (Although I'm sure it's been done in the comics.)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deadpool posted:

You're the worst part of the episode. :colbert:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Technogeek posted:

If nothing else, it's interesting to imagine a Justice League without the two biggest names. (Although I'm sure it's been done in the comics.)

3 since I doubt we'll get Wonder Woman either.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Kwyndig posted:

Haha he ran all the way to talk to Ollie.

Superbuds. :swoon:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Deadpool posted:

I liked it. Nice and short, but enough to get the job done and make both guys look awesome.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Technogeek posted:

They sure as hell seem to be going in that direction (Arrow Season 3 spoilers):

With introducing Firestorm and the Atom.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

E the Shaggy posted:

They sure as hell seem to be going in that direction (Arrow Season 3 spoilers):

With introducing Firestorm and the Atom.

This is why the emoticon gods invented :flashfap:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oh god he has a costume AND they said the word "metahumans" :allears:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh nice, the suit is a crazy future firefighter outfit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Serious question, have they said no Green Lantern? Doesn't matter if its Hal, John, Kyle, Guy or hell even Simon.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
What does God need with a starship bank robbery?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Flash.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Serious question, have they said no Green Lantern? Doesn't matter if its Hal, John, Kyle, Guy or hell even Simon.

They haven't said it, but man, I doubt it would happen. Green Lantern is a budget sink.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
RUN BARRY. RUN.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Run Barry. Run! :neckbeard:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like that Weather Wizard just has a loving gun.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I wanted to see him shoot and Barry catch the bullet or something.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Gotta have a backup plan.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
THAT LOOK.

Most superhero stories build up to that look over years for maximum impact. Gustin and Martin pulled it off in 30 minutes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

twistedmentat posted:

I really doubt they'd want to give Green Lantern to TV. They wouldn't even give Blue Beetle to TV.

I'm not a big Flash fan, are Wheelchair Guy and Handsome Cop eventual villains? They both seem unnecessarily sinister.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
His cop buddy knows who he is. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So now the dad knows about his secret and he knows about the daughter's secret.

• Locked thread