Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hey, if someone could make the room stop spinning, I'd really appreciate it. I'm ready to puke over here.

Not sure if it's the ear infection, or the new paula deen (beetus) meds. Either way, I got halfway to work when the tilt a whirl started up. Used my last AAA call for the year getting my car towed home, pretty sure the driver thought I was hammered.

T1g4h posted:

most tweets are pretty similar to what came out of STR's rear end after his rancid turkey incident. Dribble is pretty appropriate :v:

No, no it's not. "Spraying like a fire hose full of liquid dookie" is more like what came out of my rear end.

But that could have been mistaken for a post by Viggen. :v:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Is it normal to not hate an ex but still think they are a lovely person? I don't sit around and bad mouth my ex all day every day. Nor do i bring it up in conversation. But I don't care for her either and still think she's a bitch.

Absolutely.

Actually, I think a lot of people are lovely, and try not to think about them - I don't hate them, I just don't want to associate with them.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Hotel wifi...for 15euro a day it should be able to handle netflix or youtube. I just want to zone out to Archer episodes, eat (crappy) delivery sushi and drink beer:argh:

The last hotel I was in charged $5 per day (I think) for the wifi. And it felt slower than dialup.

Wound up tethering to my phone, which wound up pulling 50+ mbit. I couldn't even finish a speed test on the hotel wifi because of the packet loss.

alternate.eago posted:

I never got one, although I can only imagine.

My reaction was essentially "you want to put that inside a human?!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I got new tires and an alignment and now my car doesn't feel right without the weird vibrations and the hosed up track, I'm sure it will be worth it the next time it rains though

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

The last hotel I was in charged $5 per day (I think) for the wifi. And it felt slower than dialup.

I stayed at one of Hilton's variants this weekend... free wifi, but it was 100kbps. k, not m. :(

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoRkHmdeP4Q

Woo, more Top Truck Challenge! Rock crawling and Obstacle course today, the obstacle course is insane.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Today I lifted up an F550 with my bare hands.

Just kidding. Nice parking job there, foreman.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Lift with your legs not your back!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
that thing flexes about as well as a cement block, jesus.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kastein posted:

that thing flexes about as well as a cement block, jesus.

Ever seen the swaybars on those things? Front and rear (well, rear is optional but if they're specing it for picker duty...), and they're like 2" thick.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's useful to know if you ever need to change a flat out in the middle of nowhere.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

General_Failure posted:

That's either expensive wifi or you mean for acomodation and wifi. If it's the latter what kind of cardboard box is it?
It's expensive wifi, room rate has varied between 750-100 euro a night depending on local events. They gave me a pre-checkout bill the other day because I extended my stay. Had the daily rate at 750 euros but my 20 night stay was ~2800 euro.

Found out this morning that my Grandfather passed away last night. We all knew it was coming but didn't expect it so soon. He was put into a home last year due to dementia and health issues and every visit was worse and worse. He hated the place and was crushed every time he found out we weren't there to take him home. The last time I saw him was June on my way to the airport, we sat and talked cars for hours. It's hard because I have very few memories of him happy and healthy.

gently caress it's going to be a long day...I need to find something to work on to keep my mind off this.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:glomp:

Dementia is one of the hardest things in the world to to watch, and it's one of the few things that truly scares the poo poo out of me. I can handle my body failing, but the thought of losing my mind just scares the hell out of me.

My grandfather on my dad's side died in his 50s from it (I was young enough that I have only a couple of memories of him); my grandmother on my mom's side lived until the day after her 93rd birthday. She was at the point that she could barely speak, and would start shouting Jingle Bells at random.

Rancid deli meats chat - still feeling like death. Stepped on the scale a little while ago and found out I've lost close to 15 pounds, in about a week. I needed to lose that weight, but I was hoping to lose through a healthier method. Gonna hit up the doctor in a bit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rancid deli meats chat - still feeling like death. Stepped on the scale a little while ago and found out I've lost close to 15 pounds, in about a week. I needed to lose that weight, but I was hoping to lose through a healthier method. Gonna hit up the doctor in a bit.

Binge and purge, motherfucker. We're not trying out for the cheerleading squad anymore. This is the rowing team.

Is that listeria? Good, Alcott. You're doin' well here.
You can't swim, Lowell? Give you the loving fear of failure, it will. Give me twenty situps, give me an overview of your family's investments and then have a big helping of this raw chicken.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 8, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

:golfclap:

You'll have to settle for one situp though. It's gonna take a bit, and there's a good chance I'll poo poo myself in the process.

(I'm sure I'm missing some kind of movie reference..)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 8, 2014

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So what you're saying is you'd rather have rancid meat go in your poohole than come out of your poohole?

(I'm kidding - love you STR, hope you get better soon)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Go dammit my mom is playing sound files from her old windows ME folder (including AOL notifications) at max volume and giggling like a loon please send help

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Last night at work, I got an emergency text saying that there was a tornado warning in my area. Immediately texted my wife, told her to get the cats in the bathroom, grab heavy blankets, flashlight and put my steeltoe boots on and that if I lost contact with her I was leaving work and coming home.

The tornado warning was lifted 15 minutes later, and she now has a story to tell her friends at work. And I feel like a goober.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Mnet has devolved into just straight up conspiracy theories surrounding the ND. It's like infowars, but instead of the Jews and Obama, it's Mazda and the ND:

:tinfoil:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

MIATA MEGAMANTHREAD - LET IT GO PHONE

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You can try to pry my TRD supercharger from my dead, cold hands.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

MIATA MEGAMANTHREAD - LET IT GO PHONE

He's not actually getting a ND anyway. No worries.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Phone needs some Prozac and a hug from STR and/or CSB.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm not engaging these people, it's just funny.

It's analogous to people looking at Free Republic posts, but without the racism and hatred of everyone who isn't a white man. Instead, it's just morons who speculate on their gut and who think that A/B testing has serious methodology flaws compared to baseless speculation. (note: I use to regularly read the Freep thread and it actually made me concerned for my mental well-being, so I stopped reading it)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

Thats right up there for accuracy and some junk.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nothing like waking up and having to projectile vomit.. didn't even have enough time to grab the garbage can.

I just bought this comforter too. :sigh:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I have just eaten a monumental pile of pasta.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nothing like waking up and having to projectile vomit.. didn't even have enough time to grab the garbage can.

I did this too!

Except it was from coughing so hard and having so much phlegm in my stomach.

I've never thrown up chunks of dried up phlegm mixed with bile before but it was one of the most unpleasant things that I've ever done

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

angryhampster posted:

I have just eaten a monumental pile of pasta.

This was me an hour ago. No regrets.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Put it in the washer? My dog pissed all over my comforter when he was an untrained puppy and it came out just fine.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Stomach acid tends to do interesting things to fibrous materials, and the smell tends to stick around after washing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, last time I had one of my once-in-five-years "hey, let's forget what happens if I drink way too much" evenings, new bedding was the order of the day.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit: Nevermind

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 8, 2014

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ozmiander posted:

He's not actually getting a ND anyway. No worries.

Pretty sure the people that will actually buy one are nowhere near any forums and are just waiting for them to get to the loving dealer so they can just drive the drat thing already.

Why even waste time speculating when you can just WAIT and see the car in the flesh.

Fuckin Miata nerds.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BlackMK4 posted:

edit: Nevermind

Looks like someone regrets it already.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Odoban is your friend. It gets out some seriously disgusting stuff that happens at work.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

posting in ur belly itt until you die or beg for forgiveness

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Phone posted:

Looks like someone regrets it already.

Hahaha. I am still going, I just decided it's not worth posting in AI.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

CornHolio posted:

We had an '03 n/a for awhile, and from what I remember:

- The electric power steering was inadequately cooled, leading to premature failure on many cars. The fix involves an extra fan blowing on it, I believe, so if it's been repaired by the dealer once it's probably good.

- The door sills are known to rust.

- I've heard the CVTs are utter poo poo, though we had the 5-speed which was excellent.

Not sure about the ones newer than that. We sold ours when it had 50k miles on it. They're seriously fun to drive though, even the n/a ones. Corners very flat and it becomes a lot of fun to use momentum through the curves to keep speed.

Ours was my wife's technically, though I drove it regularly while she slowly learned stick on it. It was a hoot.

These are all true. The CVT's are garbage, they always break. The power steering pumps will always break too, there is no permanent fix. Just because it's been fixed once, or twice, doesn't mean it won't eventually poo poo again. The door sills will rust under the weather stripping, check that out. They will also rust other places too which is why 04 and up have rust warranty, at least on the S anyway not sure about the poors, 03 and under you are unfortunately SOL. Front control arm bushings will go out, they are a bitch to replace. Typical BMW cooling system and oil consumption rules apply here too.

I had an S and it was fun to drive but you gotta keep up on it, especially if it's your only car.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Nodoze posted:

These are all true. The CVT's are garbage, they always break. The power steering pumps will always break too, there is no permanent fix. Just because it's been fixed once, or twice, doesn't mean it won't eventually poo poo again. The door sills will rust under the weather stripping, check that out. They will also rust other places too which is why 04 and up have rust warranty, at least on the S anyway not sure about the poors, 03 and under you are unfortunately SOL. Front control arm bushings will go out, they are a bitch to replace. Typical BMW cooling system and oil consumption rules apply here too.

I had an S and it was fun to drive but you gotta keep up on it, especially if it's your only car.

I relayed some of the mentioned problems to her (including the fact that she'd pretty much have to learn a manual for the car to be at all reasonable,) and she decided she'd rather get a Camry or something similar. She's half unlucky and half lazy when it comes to car maintenance. I'll probably just convince her to get something easy for me to work on and cheap for a shop to work on (since I don't have a lot of space or tools for major stuff.) Thanks to everyone for the info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

It might be Ebola.

(I kid!)

• Locked thread