Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Suaimhneas posted:

For levels where "all attacks are devastating" use the bow to snipe targets from a distance, and always be moving so you're not next to some mook for long enough for it to summon up the courage to tap you

That worked very well for the moblins but these Aerolfos keep chucking fireballs at me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The range on the bow is huge. As soon as you're able to lock on to them, you can snipe them, pretty much. Just make sure you're spacing yourself properly and that you dodge after every shot so you don't get hit by a fireball or surrounded by mooks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9788-Hyrule-Warriors-Review

To nobody's surprise, Yahtzee doesn't think much of Hyrule Warriors, though he did raise a good point of Wind Waker not getting a mention, I'd have liked to have played as one of the Pirates, or even Tetra.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9788-Hyrule-Warriors-Review

To nobody's surprise, Yahtzee doesn't think much of Hyrule Warriors, though he did raise a good point of Wind Waker not getting a mention, I'd have liked to have played as one of the Pirates, or even Tetra.

To be fair, having Tetra and Sheik in the same game would probably confuse matters a fair amount.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Lizard Wizard posted:

To be fair, having Tetra and Sheik in the same game would probably confuse matters a fair amount.

Say they're different Zeldas, then. Who cares?

I can see that it would be too stylistically different from the other Zeldas they included, but a Wind Waker based DLC would be pretty neato.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Heck, give Zelda a Tetra style costume. She already has a Wind Waker weapon.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Shiek: You cannot be Zelda because

*Magical Girl Transformation*

PZ: Because I am Zelda!

Tetra: You what the gently caress, I'm right here rear end in a top hat.

Though I'm pretty sure Tetra doesn't give a poo poo about her Zelda alterego/whatever and is more than happy to stay a pirate all the time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got bored. I'm watching someone else's playthrough and filling in bits of my Adventure Mode spreadsheet. There's more information in the comments (what kind of monsters are there for material drop info, etc.). The playthrough I'm watching is barely trying to use item cards to search yet, even after about two hours, but beggars can't be choosers. Once I'm back at my own game, I'll try to fill it in a bit more as I clear things, which hopefully I will do.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SdMZ7KpqnIJJI7s0moE8dYx2pailkrPyckADGW5okp0/edit#gid=0

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

Well, not liking things is his whole shtick. So, not that surprising.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why? We're talking about a game line where the fans are aware of and accept the fact that there's like three simultaneous timelines.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Lizard Wizard posted:

How would it confuse matters in a game that pulls people from multiple timelines?

I want to see a Hyrule Warriors 2 where Ganon goes "hmmm, I can't get this done myself," then proceeds to pull himself into the same timeline from all LoZ games, then pulls Demise in for giggles. Our response? To pull all Links from all timelines together for the biggest clusterfuck of awesome ever.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Krysmphoenix posted:

Heck, give Zelda a Tetra style costume. She already has a Wind Waker weapon.

That's a good reason to also have a Toon Link costume. Toon Link is Best Link.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Maybe they can't be in the same place because they're the same soul or something, and the LoZverse works on Blood Omen rules so them meeting would cause a paradox and break the Mastersword or some poo poo.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Flytrap posted:

Maybe they can't be in the same place because they're the same soul or something

Well you've got Lana and Cia.

Maybe Link should just have to collect the Four Sword, only he splits into regular Link, Toon Link, Christian Link from the original LOZ artwork, and Pink Hair Link from LTTP.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Maybe Link should just have to collect the Four Sword, only he splits into regular Link, Toon Link, Christian Link from the original LOZ artwork, and Pink Hair Link from LTTP.

Yeah but they're the Good Jpop Idol half and the Evil Boobwitch half, so they're not technically the same soul. Or something like that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

RyokoTK posted:

What, no CD-i Link?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Saturday Morning Cartoon Link or Bust.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
When asked for an appearance in this game, Saturday morning cartoon Link simply asked if he could be excused.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Psyker posted:

How would it confuse matters in a game that pulls people from multiple timelines?

Well, it was kind of a plot point that the Zelda at the Water Temple couldn't be Zelda, so I'm just working by this game's internal logic.

Also is it just me, or is this some sort of realm where each game's plot never fully happened? Midna makes reference to Cia being the one who cursed her into her current form, for example.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Flytrap posted:

Maybe they can't be in the same place because they're the same soul or something, and the LoZverse works on Blood Omen rules so them meeting would cause a paradox and break the Mastersword or some poo poo.

But don't you get Fi and the Master Sword wielded by Link in the same place? That's two instances of the same sword. Though I'm sure they could make up some reason to exclude that.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

HJE-Cobra posted:

But don't you get Fi and the Master Sword wielded by Link in the same place? That's two instances of the same sword. Though I'm sure they could make up some reason to exclude that.

Fi is the Goddess Sword, totally different. For example, one has a green handle, the other has a purple handle.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HJE-Cobra posted:

Clearly Tecmo-Koei needs to patch Fi out of the game and replace her with Groose. No more problem.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Which eventually becomes the Master Sword. Pay attention, man.

Anyway, Hyrule Warriors takes place in an alternate dimension and doesn't quite fit into the timeline. The developer described it as being like The Avengers.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Okay real talk

Am I the only one really weirded out that Agitha's badges all require imprisoned materials? Why

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

Which eventually becomes the Master Sword. Pay attention, man.

Yeah, but its not the sword yet, so it doesn't

look i just wanted to make a blood omen reference is that so wrong

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everyone in Hyrule Warriors is two people. Zelda and Sheik, Lana and Cia, Fi and the Master Sword, Link and the army of evil Links. You either fight long enough to be the hero, or you become the boobwitch, except in Hyrule Warriors, where you do both.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Hyrule Warriors - Fight long enough to be the hero, or you become the boobwitch

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Nah, "Here lies Cia. She never scored." is the best possible subtitle for this thread.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cia looks into the crowd for Link's face, hoping that he's about to witness how powerful and attractive she is. Ganondorf, smiling, holds a bokoblin in place as she activates her mosou, but at the last second, the 'dorf pulls the bokoblin away and Cia falls flat on her back screaming "WaaaAAuuuAAAUUUGH!"

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Fi is the spirit of the sword, not the sword itself. She could be transforming into a fascimilie of the weapon she inhabits, if you want to hand-wave it away. It's Ghirahim that literally is the sword.

Or, time travel. gently caress it.

It would make more sense if Zelda's justification for not believing Wizzro's fakery was "I'm the real Zelda and I would never be a douche like that in any universe." Or something.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I doubt they're going to bring wind waker into the game in any capacity other than the actual wind waker being in the game, which can be explained away with the object being old enough to always exist regardless of which timeline you're in (Majora's Mask was in Link Between Worlds possibly by the same logic).

Like, they seem to be settled into the Child Era timeline for this game, considering the games that the only games after the timeline split that're involved in this game both come from that timeline.

I'm not trying to say they won't make dlc for the games for the other timelines in the future. What I'm trying to say is that it is entirely possible that the Four Sword could be added to the game and we could have glorious quadrilateral mook-murdering :black101:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think it has anything to do with the timeline stuff, which can easily be waved away, and probably has more to do with a design decision about not wanting to think about how to incorporate the cell shade crew. There might be a few more easter eggs in the DLC, though, who knows?

Do the "levels" mean anything in Adventure Mode (as it, it wills say something like "Challenge Mode, Lv. 1")? Are they just a difficulty measurement or what?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's difficulty measurements relative to the other levels of that type. So for example if you're struggling with kill all enemies level 4, you're probably not ready for levels 5 and beyond.

There's not really any way to compare them across challenge types since they have different ways of becoming more difficult.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Since we're all making spreadsheets, I made a filtered one for all the materials so you can see where to go to get what.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Ugh the anime logic. "I think the hero's soul is kind of awesome and I'd like to try my luck with him, so ima summon a shitton a monsters and destroy his home and family. He'll say yes then, right?"

To be fair, applying logic to really any aspect of the zelda lore is asking for a headache. We're just putting the Warriors brand of inane nonsense on top of it.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
I made some attempts at that Lv. 2 Baton level last night. I got boned a few times by my Pro controller not responding. Once, Wizzro was charging up his laser attack, I had plenty of time to dodge, but no matter how many times I pressed it, that dodge button just would not work. Or hitting RT to fire an arrow and having Zelda stand there and wait for someone to smack her. The battery is nearly full on that thing, I don't know why it occasionally gives me this trouble.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

For the hard difficulty legend skulltullas does it matter which level of weapon I use? Like if it shows a picture of a level 1 sword and shield can I use a level 2 sword and shield?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Drakenel posted:

Ugh the anime logic. "I think the hero's soul is kind of awesome and I'd like to try my luck with him, so ima summon a shitton a monsters and destroy his home and family. He'll say yes then, right?"

To be fair, applying logic to really any aspect of the zelda lore is asking for a headache. We're just putting the Warriors brand of inane nonsense on top of it.

Do note this is post corruption by evil that literally removed the light in her soul. She's entitled to a little crazy logic.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So was it the evil spirit that gave her the added chest protection or was she always like that?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

For the hard difficulty legend skulltullas does it matter which level of weapon I use? Like if it shows a picture of a level 1 sword and shield can I use a level 2 sword and shield?

Yeah that's fine. The one thing to remember is that you can't use the Master Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So was it the evil spirit that gave her the added chest protection or was she always like that?

Evil comes with free implants of your choice, like the swedish military. Join Evil today!

• Locked thread