Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

How is it that a basketball game is the best horror game ever made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I think this installment was made by the B team at 2K.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Alpha3KV posted:

NBA 2K15 has a face scan feature that works extremely well:
http://imgur.com/a/ncTU1

I actually hurt myself laughing at this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

dobbymoodge posted:

I actually hurt myself laughing at this.

Nearly pissed myself.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can we have series like Breaking Madden for every sports game?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
And here I thought Oblivion was a good 10 years old. Shows what I know.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Team Silent to make upcoming Basketball game!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

theshim posted:

And here I thought Oblivion was a good 10 years old. Shows what I know.

Getting close but not yet.

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
A recent update for Verdun turned the water pink (magenta to be specific).

Fabulous. :gay:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TZer0 posted:

Looks like they hosed up something with regards to transparency. See, that particular colour is usually used to denote something that's meant to be transparent, like you'd want to do with water.

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013

Slime posted:

Looks like they hosed up something with regards to transparency. See, that particular colour is usually used to denote something that's meant to be transparent, like you'd want to do with water.

Yeah, not unlikely. Could be that there's a texture missing as well though and that pink is the default so it is easy to notice.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
No, it is foreshadowing for the upcoming Transformers crossover.

I decided not to see the new movies based entirely on the fact that Energon was not in the first one

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

TZer0 posted:

Wow, the murders in DanganRonpa 3 must be brutal.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I just love how well it points out that the game is so drab and grey-brown and gloomy

Dogan
Aug 2, 2006

Slime posted:

See, that particular colour is usually used to denote something that's meant to be transparent, like you'd want to do with water.

The magic purple technique has not been used in any game since like 2001, just fyi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TZer0 posted:

Verdun 3: Blood Dragon

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Dogan posted:

The magic purple technique has not been used in any game since like 2001, just fyi

Verdun appears to be a unity game.

If unity can't compile a shader (error, missing, etc), the solid purple is its default fallback so probably they just missed including a file with the update, or shipped a bad file.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
How the gently caress are those face scans even possible :psyduck: Poor lighting conditions?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Most of them look like people intentionally loving it up (making silly faces, using pictures that are not faces) but the system is bad on its own too.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Kikka posted:

How the gently caress are those face scans even possible :psyduck: Poor lighting conditions?

Obviously the dude has some sort of face condition and your being really insensitive about it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Kikka posted:

I think it takes the picture and places the eyes over the characters eyes as best as it can, and then tries to stretch the rest of the model's face to fit. However, if you take a picture at the wrong distance, at a weird angle, or in any other non-standard way, then the system shits itself and falls over.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

also doesn't tech like Kinect struggle to work with people with darker skin? Looks like a lot of those horror shots were people with dark skin.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Grey Fox posted:

also doesn't tech like Kinect struggle to work with people with darker skin? Looks like a lot of those horror shots were people with dark skin.

I don't think the new Kinect really has this problem, but I'm not sure. I know a lot of similar systems, including the old model, do.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I did notice that several of the bad results ended up looking like they're wearing blackface, even on models already using dark skin.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Alpha3KV posted:

I did notice that several of the bad results ended up looking like they're wearing blackface, even on models already using dark skin.

I think it's spreading the shadow (under the nose/chin/ect) shading around at random.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Sentient Data posted:

I just love how well it points out that the game is so drab and grey-brown and gloomy

In fairness, WWI battlefields weren't great examples of vibrant landscape architecture. You can exhaust the colour spectrum associated with mud very quickly.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Alain Perdrix posted:

In fairness, WWI battlefields weren't great examples of vibrant landscape architecture. You can exhaust the colour spectrum associated with mud very quickly.

That screen shot also happens to be from Verdun's most flat and muddy cratered hellscape map. (Or what was a few months ago when I last played.) There are other maps that are relatively colorful. Still lots of trenches, but there is some color and the occasional tree.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TZer0 posted:

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

With all that bible reading you guys have been going on about in every thread you should be done by now. It's not that long.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

With all that bible reading you guys have been going on about in every thread you should be done by now. It's not that long.

Yeah, but some parts are really boring and hard to get through, you know. Like the unending lists of family trees.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
You know that town Primm in Fallout: New Vegas, where you 'have' to enter it by the bridge with all the landmines on it?

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE OBSIDIAN!! (But your unpassable dome didn't stop me, I climbed over the fence instead)

Bonus picture of Veronica. Her face got stuck with that grin after a fight.

Edit: Ok, New Vegas is somewhat cheating, but i kinda liked this shot of the cattle-murdering nightkin that froze for some reason. A "Wish you were here!" style of photo.

ubergnu has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Oct 9, 2014

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

ubergnu posted:

You know that town Primm in Fallout: New Vegas, where you 'have' to enter it by the bridge with all the landmines on it?

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE OBSIDIAN!! (But your unpassable dome didn't stop me, I climbed over the fence instead)

Bonus picture of Veronica. Her face got stuck with that grin after a fight.

Just for the record, you don't actually have to, at least I didn't. You can go allll the way around, past that little powder ganger hideout, and get in by going past the rollercoaster tracks.

I am a very stubborn person at times :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Grey Fox posted:

Oh my god, it's Veridian Dynamics all over again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1TaYwU394

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

You guys love your 3D games, right?

Don't you ever think about a better time, a simpler life, when glitches were still in two dimensions, when graphics weren't yet as advanced, and so on?

Today this happened while I was playing FTL: Faster Than Light.

FTL is a Roguelike (i.e. randomly generated maps; death = start over from beginning) game where you travel through space and fight a whole lot of baddies. It's a really good game, too.

The Mantis with the red bar is an enemy boarder. As soon as he teleported into that room, I started venting the oxygen by opening a few doors to the outside. The red rooms don't have any oxygen left. So the enemy decided to run to another room, but apparently the game's pathfinding doesn't take open doors into account. So, while it's suffocating, the Mantis just keeps trying to bash that door open, even though the other door is wide open.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Logic dictates that your next vessel is composed entirely out of doors, captain.

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.
Even for such a superior and deadly species, aliens can also get a little confused sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZR0GOA0ZZg

Later it glitched out while I was exploring another room and impaled me.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Shadow of Mordor is pretty broken, but in a good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgg94_YP9wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8q7uRkHInc

Longest warchief death yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxxSzdsy7c

God mode found already.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I ran past a campfire in Shadows of Mordor, a slave exploded out of it and ran off. He looked very confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

SuddenCactus posted:

I ran past a campfire in Shadows of Mordor, a slave exploded out of it and ran off. He looked very confused.

:darksouls: