Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

AHungryRobot posted:

yeah, it also showed you how to crystal flash and use the power bomb beam combos. also, did anyone seriously get tripped up by that bridge in brinstar you have to dash across? lmfao if so.

i did when i played it on an emulator as a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

conceitedguy posted:

i did when i played it on an emulator as a child

dang, now i kinda feel like a dick for saying that. i guess i'm not really one to talk since it took me ages to figure out you could access the power menu in milky way wishes in kirby super star

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

yeah, it also showed you how to crystal flash and use the power bomb beam combos. also, did anyone seriously get tripped up by that bridge in brinstar you have to dash across? lmfao if so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w9FYWR_RYM

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I liked Prime Pinball but I wish the tables were bigger/more complex, they're all like one loop and one open area.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

impressive improvization

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

I woul play a new metroid as long as it wasn't super "will you love me now commander-san"

samus should unironically be a lesbian

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

im a lesbian but only ironically

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

on second thought the end of the next metroid samus should be revealed as a tranny

1986: whoa a female :wth: really changes my perspective on gender roles

2015: whoa samus really had a penis all along :wow:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

on second thought the end of the next metroid samus should be revealed as a tranny

1986: whoa a female :wth: really changes my perspective on gender roles

2015: whoa samus really had a penis all along :wow:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

lmao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if instead of rebooting metroid cause the metroids are gone

they just did something else

replace the metroids with wheelie or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

elf help book posted:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

or gordo

something has to be able to kill him right i bet samus is up to the job

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

mmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7bS3GGbfM holy poo poo this is real

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they should make a new metroid game where samus uses her cool jet boots from the new smash bros

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

AHungryRobot posted:

dang, now i kinda feel like a dick for saying that. i guess i'm not really one to talk since it took me ages to figure out you could access the power menu in milky way wishes in kirby super star

i didn't have an instruction booklet or something, it being a rom, so i just didn't know there was a run button. i don't think i knew there were diagonal up/down aiming buttons either. lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sharrrk posted:

they should make a new metroid game where samus uses her cool jet boots from the new smash bros

they should make a new metroid game where she dresses like bayonetta

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

they should make a new metroid game where she dresses like bayonetta

samus's hair is not nearly long enough

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

i've played every metroid game except other m. im considering playing other m just to be able to say ive played it and experience firsthand just how bad it gets. its time to stop running away

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

CuddlyZombie posted:

i've played every metroid game except other m. im considering playing other m just to be able to say ive played it and experience firsthand just how bad it gets. its time to stop running away

i beat it before it came out and seeing posts defending it coming from people who hadnt played it was pretty funny

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

game on gamer

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

its a shame because before it came out i actually sat down and thought "you know, there isn't a single BAD game in the metroid series. even the ones that not everyone loves, like hunters or zero mission or 2, are either still great to mediocre at the very worst, depending on who you ask" and then other m came out and welp

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

mmmmmmmmmmmm

America is getting this and the Zelda DLC. poo poo is going to be epic with Links, Luigis, Zeldas, and Samuses fighting huge rear end monsters.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

its a shame because before it came out i actually sat down and thought "you know, there isn't a single BAD game in the metroid series. even the ones that not everyone loves, like hunters or zero mission or 2, are either still great to mediocre at the very worst, depending on who you ask" and then other m came out and welp

excuse me but who the gently caress doesnt love zero mission because ill destroy them. thats basically the best metroid that isnt prime or SM.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
prime pinball owned

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

America is getting this and the Zelda DLC. poo poo is going to be epic with Links, Luigis, Zeldas, and Samuses fighting huge rear end monsters.

i would totally play as samus, if ranged weapons werent so drat boring in monster hunter

maybe they are more fun in the new one?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

i would totally play as samus, if ranged weapons werent so drat boring in monster hunter

maybe they are more fun in the new one?

Ranged weapons aren't boring in Monster Hunter, they're cumbersome. Also the samus armor can be used by blade masters as well IIRC.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bobnumerotres posted:

excuse me but who the gently caress doesnt love zero mission because ill destroy them. thats basically the best metroid that isnt prime or SM.

oops i meant fusion, not zero mission.

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Ranged weapons aren't boring in Monster Hunter. Also the samus armor can be used by blade masters as well IIRC.

taint reaper dont lie to me.

if its blademaster too though thats fine

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

in the vid samus armor is used at one point with dual swords, so its all good

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

taint reaper dont lie to me.

I beat all the missions in the Wii-U version. Ranged weapons make you feel like you're controlling a tank if you're using a bow gun and it takes forever to set up a perfect shot. The first person mode was deadly in small areas because you didn't have enough space to position yourself for the arena missions that had multiple monsters.

So going with a hammer, lance, or gunlance was more preferable because you had greater mobility. Hammer perfect shots just own because Knockout King KO'ed the monster and it was so satisfying to hit Alatreaon on his big fat face KO him and in the process crush both his horns.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

sharrrk posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I saw a Ridley rathalos in there holy poo!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

sharrrk posted:

:agreed:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

AE-35 Unit posted:

I want to believe especially now that sakamoto is gone

source plz tia

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Doctor Bishop posted:

source plz tia

Wikipedia says he's still there. Worse:

Splatoon (2015) - Supervisor

My life is over

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006