Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

A useful mod that I've never seen recommended before, Mfg Console basically adds a ton of information to the console. Clicking on a character will give you their health, level, active effects and so on. Clicking items will show the base id and such. It's really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

FadedReality posted:

Sorry, should have linked it. That's the right one. Deactivate the mod in Mod Organizer if you're using it and then you should be able to find Hearthsfire.esm and .esp in the Plugins drop down and then hit delete mod forms.

I used it to remove OBIS and haven't seen any instability or orphaned scripts from doing so.

Cool, thanks. I'm assuming if I change my mind on Hearthfire later I can just reactivate it, correct?

And hopefully my last question for awhile - Does Morrowloot and Morrowloot 4E work on old saves, or do I have to start a new game for it to work?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does Skyrim with mods see noticeable loading time improvement from loading off of a SSD or should I just use my 10k RPM drive?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Geoff Zahn posted:

And hopefully my last question for awhile - Does Morrowloot and Morrowloot 4E work on old saves, or do I have to start a new game for it to work?

Morrowloot rips out the ordinary treasure progression and hand-places the fancier stuff in the world itself.

I'm no-one to say that it couldn't possibly work, but brace for difficulties. You're shaking the house of cards with a jackhammer here.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Geoff Zahn posted:

Doing a complete cell respawn might work. Agents are GO! posted a detailed guide at some point, I think, but the short version is that you save inside a house, restart Skyrim and load the game, then crank up the timescale to a ridiculous degree to make ~200 days pass. This should force all cells to respawn and redistribute their various loot. I know actors and containers definitely respawn, but I have no idea what that'd do to unique items. If adding in new items to cells is any indication, I imagine it'd be just fine.

Oh, and don't forget to turn off any needs mods before doing that. Ouch.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Doing a complete cell respawn might work. Agents are GO! posted a detailed guide at some point, I think, but the short version is that you save inside a house, restart Skyrim and load the game, then crank up the timescale to a ridiculous degree to make ~200 days pass. This should force all cells to respawn and redistribute their various loot. I know actors and containers definitely respawn, but I have no idea what that'd do to unique items. If adding in new items to cells is any indication, I imagine it'd be just fine.

You only need to do 31 days. Also, if you're a vampire, you might want to make sure you can feed easily from where you are.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Thanks for the help. I didn't want to restart my main character for the second time in 2 weeks but it doesn't feel right being only level 20 and having a full ebony set. I wish there was a version that just made it hard to find high tier stuff without adding in tons of new uniques, but I guess I don't have to hunt everything down.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

can somebody who's gotten further in The Wheels of Lull than me please tell me:
How do I get into The Boiling Foundry?

Im level 30, and I assume the force field in the [spoiler]Elevator Room[/url] is blocking the way, but I can't figure out how to get past it.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Geoff Zahn posted:

Cool, thanks. I'm assuming if I change my mind on Hearthfire later I can just reactivate it, correct?

You should be able to turn it back on and have it work fine. I think all three of the official DLC are made in a way that you can load them into any save.

My big gripe about Morrowloot 4E is that some of the placement requires you to hunt it down and isn't placed in a logical spot near the boss of the dungeon or wherever. As in, peek around behind columns and jump around into corners that are empty and useless in vanilla. Cool for a while, but around level 40 I could see it getting really annoying.

I just wish there were more tiers of armor or some really high level gear around. My current run is hitting upper 30s now and I'm just starting Dragonborn for the first time. I have all dragonscale gear and dragonbone weapons and almost nothing I find stands up to what I'm already wearing but I need to wear the best stuff I have to survive in SkyRe.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

can somebody who's gotten further in The Wheels of Lull than me please tell me:
How do I get into The Boiling Foundry?

Im level 30, and I assume the force field in the Elevator Room is blocking the way, but I can't figure out how to get past it.

Figured it out: In the elevator room, Stand in the Elevator to Skyrim , put on the Magnusian Visor, LOOK UP, and use the Lullian Ping.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Watch out for turning the timescale too high. I've had it stick on weird things like "197th Day of Second Seed". I don't know if that affects future respawns or if it resets or what, but it's a weird little bug I've encountered several times when trying to do exactly that.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

sticklefifer posted:

Watch out for turning the timescale too high. I've had it stick on weird things like "197th Day of Second Seed". I don't know if that affects future respawns or if it resets or what, but it's a weird little bug I've encountered several times when trying to do exactly that.

Timescale can do weird things, either too high or too low. IIRC there is a mod that lets you sleep/wait for up to 30 days at a time so you can just do that a couple times which is probably safer.

Griffon
May 14, 2003

There's a good tutorial here on how to do it:

https://sites.google.com/site/devavezaairship/updating

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I think I'm just going to pass on using Morrowloot, It sounds like it's more of a game of Where's Waldo than just finding a piece of ebony/glass at the end of a dungeon once in awhile. I like the idea of only finding dwemer stuff in dwemer ruins, and only orcs have orc stuff, etc., but I don't want to have to scour every random nook and cranny just to find a dagger or shield.

I just want high tier poo poo (dwemer and up) to be much more rare than hide/leather/iron/steel/imperial in both chests and shops, as well as mostly removed from random mercenaries on the road. Would this be hard to mod myself with the creation kit? Any guides on how to tinker with loot / shop lists?

edit: Or would the Scarcity mod I passed on earlier be exactly this?

Fake James fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 8, 2014

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Geoff Zahn posted:

I think I'm just going to pass on using Morrowloot, It sounds like it's more of a game of Where's Waldo than just finding a piece of ebony/glass at the end of a dungeon once in awhile. I like the idea of only finding dwemer stuff in dwemer ruins, and only orcs have orc stuff, etc., but I don't want to have to scour every random nook and cranny just to find a dagger or shield.

I just want high tier poo poo (dwemer and up) to be much more rare than hide/leather/iron/steel/imperial in both chests and shops, as well as mostly removed from random mercenaries on the road. Would this be hard to mod myself with the creation kit? Any guides on how to tinker with loot / shop lists?

Scarcity just makes it so that less loot will show up in general. Boss chests might contain the nice goodies, but most of the time enemies will not be carrying more than what you see on them. You might still find amazing things on enemies, and in chests. But it's just more rare with Scarcity.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Geoff Zahn posted:

That's pretty much exactly what Morrowloot does, though. The only armour you have to hunt for in stupid locations is the one full suit of Daedric armour. Unless I have some weird interaction with Immersive Armour or some other mod in my game or something.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

That's right. All the rest you can find where you'd expect instead on the backs of random rear end-scratching bandits. Dwemer crap in ruins, elven stuff on Aldmeri agents, glass only with the filthy rich and select Morrowinder refugees and so on.

Ebony and daedric are the rarest of all.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Oh, well I feel stupid now haha. I'll give Morrowloot a try then!

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Maybe it's a different mod but I find ebony weapons on every draugr deathlord. And since I'm like level 60something, all the draugrs are draugr deathlords.

For clarification, I use and enjoy Morrowloot. But ebony doesn't seem very rare.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Huh. I guess I took what Morrowloot was saying about the daedric armor and assumed it was the whole mod. Considering you can get a set of daedric armor from Achieve That if you save your glory points, it's not even a big deal.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
And if the mod doesn't touch the Atronach Forge it should be slightly easier to get Daedric.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
So does the TES5Edit Merge Plugins script (not the merged patch function, but the third-party script that lets you merge actual plugins into a new .esp) work with mods that use scripts now?

Also, what is the purpose of the perk that is given to the player in the Bandoliers - Bags and pouches mod?

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 8, 2014

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Alasyre posted:

So does the TES5Edit Merge Plugins script (not the merged patch function, but the third-party script that lets you merge actual plugins into a new .esp) work with mods that use scripts now?

Also, what is the purpose of the perk that is given to the player in the Bandoliers - Bags and pouches mod?

I'm pretty sure that you get the perk by reading a note in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, which lets you craft the DB-themed stuff.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Geoff Zahn posted:

Try Morrowloot 4E edition. It's basically Morrowloot but it adds back crafting of higher tier armors under certain restrictions. I would recommend N'wah Edition but that one hasn't been updated in months, and 4E Edition has DG/DB/HF support built right in.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Geoff Zahn posted:

Any mods that alphabetizes all containers without requiring SkyUI?

There are people who don't use SkyUI?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I still haven't figured out how to reconcile the perk restrictions with SPERG, though.

I'm sure Seorin had very good and valid reasons to do the things he did, but following the trail of labels and magic effects and spells from the hollowed-out remains of perk definitions feels like backtracking a hacker in Uplink. I'm still not entirely sure where the chain ends.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Entropic posted:

There are people who don't use SkyUI?

I'm honestly so used to the default UI that I kind of prefer it, although I only started using SkyUI last night. I do like the sorting options SkyUI gives, but I feel like there is too much on the screen at once compared to the default.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Ugh I tried to get back into modding from an old setup of mods I had. Now everything's broken and I have to start over. :(

Burns
May 10, 2008

Geoff Zahn posted:

I'm honestly so used to the default UI that I kind of prefer it, although I only started using SkyUI last night. I do like the sorting options SkyUI gives, but I feel like there is too much on the screen at once compared to the default.

Are you playing on a TV?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wheels of Lull chat:
So I got the reward from Medeliu Hammer (yes, Brhuce's dad) which is Brhuce's favorite childhood book, and it's horrible. And funny. And horribly funny. It's an extremely psychologically hosed up version of Thomas the Tank Engine.

On a serious note: How the gently caress do I kill Old Tho Mahalis? He seems to freeze up after a while and I can't do any damage...

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Burns posted:

Are you playing on a TV?

No, I just don't didn't think the default was THAT bad. I look at spreadsheets all day at work and don't really want my inventory to look like one.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

scamtank posted:

I still haven't figured out how to reconcile the perk restrictions with SPERG, though.

I'm sure Seorin had very good and valid reasons to do the things he did, but following the trail of labels and magic effects and spells from the hollowed-out remains of perk definitions feels like backtracking a hacker in Uplink. I'm still not entirely sure where the chain ends.

Haha, that's a pretty good description of how some of that stuff ended up. I don't know if it ever got as bad as a perk that gives you an ability that applies a magic effect that gives you a perk, but that would not surprise me. It's usually a case of being a workaround for various bugs.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Geoff Zahn posted:

No, I just don't didn't think the default was THAT bad. I look at spreadsheets all day at work and don't really want my inventory to look like one.

Aw man you should totally play EVE Online don't play eve online

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Farecoal posted:

Aw man you should totally play EVE Online don't play eve online

Ha, oh god no!

I'm giving SkyUI a try, mainly for more organized containers, so who knows maybe it will grow on me.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Geoff Zahn posted:

Ha, oh god no!

I'm giving SkyUI a try, mainly for more organized containers, so who knows maybe it will grow on me.

You also get the Mod Configuration Menu in SkyUI which is The Best for tweaking mods.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

Ha, oh god no!

Theres a mod for SkyUI that makes it back to the old UI, but lets you use the MCM. I think its called SkyUIAway.

I haven't used it, because I'm not insane, but you could try it. If, you know, you're insane.

Edit:

Bloodnose posted:

Maybe it's a different mod but I find ebony weapons on every draugr deathlord. And since I'm like level 60something, all the draugrs are draugr deathlords.

For clarification, I use and enjoy Morrowloot. But ebony doesn't seem very rare.

If you're only using a Merged Patch, and not a bashed one, that's why. Merged patches are much less intelligent than bashed patches. You need to put morrowloot very low in your load order, probably right before the bashed patch, then make sure morrowloot - and any Morrowloot compatibility patches, like one for Lore Weapon Expansion and Heavy Armor - all have the DELEV and RELEV bash tags (don't trust "automatic" for this.)

That will fix it.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 9, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Would that be why im now finding silver/orc ingots and gems on almost every draugr? I dont have any other loot mods.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Quite possibly. Use Wrye Bash for levelled lists, then run a merged patch, then delete the levelled lists from the merged patch and copy the ones from the bashed patch in. I leave both active, as the bashed patch does a better job with combining changes to weapons and armors too.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I... understand some of those words :downs:

Ive never used wyrebash before. Ill check it out once I get back home. Thanks for the info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there a simple reason that a merged patch would cause my game to crash while loading at the main menu? I didn't clean out the leveled lists or do anything past what it automatically makes but I'm also not really using a lot of overlapping mods besides unofficial patches and compatibility patches.

• Locked thread