Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

LifeSizePotato posted:

how come i heard there were winona ryder pics but i can't find them

You're right...they mentioned them on the radio the other day, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
She stole them XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

LifeSizePotato posted:

:eyepop: I want that.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

cams posted:

I'm totally on her side and this is really hosed up and everything, but man, that is a really lovely thing to say.

She probably made millions of dollars from The Hunger Games, right? I would mail my mother an 8x10 glossy photo of me with three cocks filling my orifices for $50,000

check ur PMs pls

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I'd shove a butternut squash up my rear end, take a pic, and post in on facebook and show my mom for $500. Celebrities are stupid, especially the young ones.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LifeSizePotato posted:

Everyone realized it was a sex crime and took all the photos down.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
id debase myself sexually for money too,

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Zzulu posted:

id debase myself sexually for money too,

What else would you do for money?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Booties posted:

I'd shove a butternut squash up my rear end, take a pic, and post in on facebook and show my mom for $500. Celebrities are stupid, especially the young ones.

Can we get a kickstarter going for this?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe while her literal statement is 'it's not worth being in a big hollywood movie and making $$$ to have naked pics of myself leaked for everyone to see' she actually means 'being famous is not all that great really'

something Eminem has been saying for years. seems like it would suck honestly you'd never get a moment alone and you'd have to constantly vet every single thing you say and do because even if you think no one is watching, they always are and the whole world will know your sins and transgressions in 24 hours.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i would accept the trials and tribulations of being famous if i was paid millions regularly

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah you say that now but once you're used to the money and can't take a poo poo in the bathroom without someone snapping photos through the window you might change your tune

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Booties posted:

being completely insulated from the real world and making piles of cash at the same time tends to do that

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

yeah you say that now but once you're used to the money and can't take a poo poo in the bathroom without someone snapping photos through the window you might change your tune

No, I would still take the millions.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk you're all failing to realise the common psychological effect of 'you get used to anything'

the millions wouldn't matter after a few years is what I'm saying. yeah sure you poor fucks would degrade yourselves in any way for millions now but the feeling of 'I'm RICH!' goes away and you're left with poo poo.

it doesn't matter to some people, and some people love the attention, but I feel like a lot of people that got famous probably think it isn't all it is cracked up to be. like the kid that played Joffrey in GoT, he said 'nah gently caress this I'm going back to school.'

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Fame is dumb. Money is cool. Dignity is whatever and your body looking at all good is fleeting so why yes if I had a rockin' bod I would prefer to immortalize it at a good moment for lots of money.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
money implies poverty

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

idk you're all failing to realise the common psychological effect of 'you get used to anything'

the millions wouldn't matter after a few years is what I'm saying. yeah sure you poor fucks would degrade yourselves in any way for millions now but the feeling of 'I'm RICH!' goes away and you're left with poo poo.

it doesn't matter to some people, and some people love the attention, but I feel like a lot of people that got famous probably think it isn't all it is cracked up to be. like the kid that played Joffrey in GoT, he said 'nah gently caress this I'm going back to school.'
Some people literally cannot feed, clothe, or give homes to their children. The idea of sending them to college is an insane dream to tons of people. It is a really hosed up thing to say "I have tons of money but that is worthless compared to naked pictures of me on the internet" in the reality in which we live.

But, again, it was something she offhandedly said in an interview and she probably didn't think about it very hard.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Moridin920 posted:

maybe while her literal statement is 'it's not worth being in a big hollywood movie and making $$$ to have naked pics of myself leaked for everyone to see' she actually means 'being famous is not all that great really'

something Eminem has been saying for years. seems like it would suck honestly you'd never get a moment alone and you'd have to constantly vet every single thing you say and do because even if you think no one is watching, they always are and the whole world will know your sins and transgressions in 24 hours.

Boo loving hoo

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Hello there, The Something Awful Forums!

I am Jennifer Lawrence and I am just like you.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You know what would be almost as bad as having naked pictures of you on the internet?

Working a crappy job day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, with some rear end in a top hat boss, and after slaving away all week you take your $400 paycheck and hopefully you can manage to pay your rent and utilities, and you drive a piece of poo poo broken down car which you can't afford to fix. And (in the U.S.), you can't afford to see a doctor or a dentist, so eventually you end up missing half your teeth because you couldn't afford to take care of them, and you live in some poo poo loving neighborhood with a bunch of scumbags, and you barely see your husband or your wife because you have to work opposite shifts so one of you can always be there with the kids.

Yeah, that would be almost as bad as being a millionaire who has naked pictures of themselves on the internet.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah immediately posters with the false dilemma of 'either you are a famous rich person or you are a poor gently caress living in the USA' like there's nothing in between those two extremes you can be happy with

lol

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Orange Sunshine posted:

You know what would be almost as bad as having naked pictures of you on the internet?

Working a crappy job day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, with some rear end in a top hat boss, and after slaving away all week you take your $400 paycheck and hopefully you can manage to pay your rent and utilities, and you drive a piece of poo poo broken down car which you can't afford to fix. And (in the U.S.), you can't afford to see a doctor or a dentist, so eventually you end up missing half your teeth because you couldn't afford to take care of them, and you live in some poo poo loving neighborhood with a bunch of scumbags, and you barely see your husband or your wife because you have to work opposite shifts so one of you can always be there with the kids.

Yeah, that would be almost as bad as being a millionaire who has naked pictures of themselves on the internet.

I can relate.

My manager's sister's friend is poor. She lives in Thousand Oaks. And I once left my credit card at home and had no change!

*jlaw*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bitter goons can't empathize with anyone news at 11

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

when someone disagrees with you they become "bitter goons". news at 11.

*NOT jlaw*'

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
i would poo poo into a watermelon that's been carved into a toilet bowl whilst shooting up krokodil and a hobo loving my left ear on camera for a roll of instant win scratch tickets

celebrities are stupid

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

when someone disagrees with you they become "bitter goons". news at 11.

*NOT jlaw*'

nah it's mostly the 'stupid bitch should just shut up and enjoy her fame and money because how dare someone I am jealous of express unhappiness' sentiment

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys please stop sexually assaulting JLaw

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

nah it's mostly the 'stupid bitch should just shut up and enjoy her fame and money because how dare someone I am jealous of express unhappiness' sentiment

well, sort of. but who wouldn't want to have fame, tits, poosay and money?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Just lettin you guys know if you swapped the last two or so pages with Reddit MRAs posts you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Interpret that how you want.

e: who am I kidding you could swap the whole drat thread

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 9, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

funzo2226 posted:

Just lettin you guys know if you swapped the last two or so pages with Reddit MRAs posts you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Interpret that how you want.

e: who am I kidding you could swap the whole drat thread

just letting you know nobody gives a poo poo and you're a worthless gently caress, thanks for the info

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Jennifer Lawrence came out and said that there isn't anyone who would take millions of dollars if it meant having to have a conversation with their father about naked pictures of them on the internet. This is a really stupid thing to say and I'm sure if this was brought up to her she'd say "Yeah, that was dumb. My bad."

But now I'm laughing more about you defending her for it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

Jennifer Lawrence came out and said that there isn't anyone who would take millions of dollars if it meant having to have a conversation with their father about naked pictures of them on the internet.

young people are not eloquent 100% of the time and don't say exactly what they mean especially in an interview situation during which personal questions are fired at you one after the other news at 11

and all I said was 'maybe she meant fame is not all it is cracked up to be'

but ok

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

young people are not eloquent 100% of the time and don't say exactly what they mean especially in an interview situation during which personal questions are fired at you one after the other news at 11
...and people are making jokes about this. Again, the story is NOW about your weird defense of it.

Surprise, it turns out that if you say something really loving stupid in a interview, people are gonna react to it.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Moridin920 posted:

but ok

No you see, she is a dumb stupid uncaring bitch and she should totally apologize to all the single mothers out there.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

but ok

And yet you're being given all the time in the world to reply to these posts and you still come across like a loving retard

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
You're all human being virgins. Go jack off to your girlfriend simulators.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

...and people are making jokes about this. Again, the story is NOW about your weird defense of it.

cams posted:

I'm totally on her side and this is really hosed up and everything, but man, that is a really lovely thing to say.

hm yes what a hilarious joke you're right it just went over my head the first time

lol get over it dude she obviously didn't mean 'it is literally never worth it to anybody to have millions of dollars if they have to have a conversation with their parents about leaked nudes' and I think any reasonable person would conclude that unless they were being overly sensitive

Don Tacorleone posted:

And yet you're being given all the time in the world to reply to these posts and you still come across like a loving retard

at least I can string a coherent argument together that doesn't 100% involve ad hominems

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BASF posted:

You're all human being virgins. Go jack off to your girlfriend simulators.

I'm trying to get into gf sims, any suggestions for a good one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

funzo2226 posted:

No you see, she is a dumb stupid uncaring bitch and she should totally apologize to all the single mothers out there.
oh cool you have decided to argue against imaginary people too. got my popcorn ready

• Locked thread