Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'd rather not calculate how much I spent on PAD. I do have some pretty rad teams though. And I haven't spent anything on it since I started SIF. Still play, just don't spend.

Anyhow, while I've been sitting here watching the Aggies lose, I've got my teams all set up for score match. Going by the schedule it should be starting tomorrow, but I'd have thought there'd be a notice of it by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
This is my :cry: post because I couldn't get the full combo for Kikoeru EX before it went away. I didn't spend any gems on it, and it just required so much muscle memory for those coordinated switches and scales that I couldn't play enough to get it down. Moreover, it was apparent by like my 30th attempt that my combos were beginning to deteriorate.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I didn't get it either. Even six perfect locks couldn't do it for me. A combo with a best run of just 1 good was all I could manage.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Mermaid Festa 2 was the one I couldn't get(along with Bokura). I could NEVER get the timing down for the middle part, it was so frustrating. I managed to full combo Kitto Seishun EX; it got to a point where I was more comfortable with the scales than the bullshit charge note patterns. Maybe it would've been easier if I played on an iPhone...I have a Galaxy S3 so I'll get occasional slowdowns and have difficulty finding the right settings for timing.

finalcake fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 6, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I wasted way too much LP trying to clear Kitto Seishun EX before I realised that maybe, just maybe, it might be an idea to actually use all those green stamina restore cards instead of 1 skill lock + 8 score increase cards when trying to learn the song :suicide:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is 245 the max for this new event? I keep getting matched up with people much higher up in rank than me and keep getting first. I might just be getting lucky but if people are getting 2-4th place and still grinding away for thousands of points just at the event start then... :stare:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
All I know is that my attempts rarely have more than 1 other human player and the AI benchwarmers keep sniping the first places with landslide victories despite being miles away from a full combo :v:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So the AI players have names that are obvious? Do they enthusiastically spam messages? I start the song and get out of the post-song lobby too quickly to notice.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, they've got names like ______ Student. And they do seem a bit OP at times. I've got some pretty strong teams, and I've seen them place over myself and others with UR leaders when they only have an SR showing.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I'm already loving this event! I love multiplayer. It's like with CoD ffa but with anime girls.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

I'm already loving this event! I love multiplayer. It's like with CoD ffa but with anime girls.

Except it's full of bots using 360 noscope aimhacks :v:

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

beaner69 posted:

I'm already loving this event!

Me, too! I have some catching up to do because I slept in today, but my teams are mowing down the competition left and right.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Snow Halation posted:

Me, too! I have some catching up to do because I slept in today, but my teams are mowing down the competition left and right.

Easy for you to say, you don't even have to try to get a full combo!

I say that in good nature of course, I think paying for stuff is a valid and possibly enjoyable way to play.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Aku posted:

Mermaid Festa 2 was the one I couldn't get(along with Bokura). I could NEVER get the timing down for the middle part, it was so frustrating. I managed to full combo Kitto Seishun EX; it got to a point where I was more comfortable with the scales than the bullshit charge note patterns. Maybe it would've been easier if I played on an iPhone...I have a Galaxy S3 so I'll get occasional slowdowns and have difficulty finding the right settings for timing.

Does the note board completely freeze up sometimes for your S3 as well? I find that in maybe 1/3 of songs, the whole note board locks up for maybe half of a second at random, which usually kills my combo.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Oblivion590 posted:

Does the note board completely freeze up sometimes for your S3 as well? I find that in maybe 1/3 of songs, the whole note board locks up for maybe half of a second at random, which usually kills my combo.

After playing for a while, I'll notice that it may depend on either my phone's reception or the wireless signal. Whenever I played with a weak wifi connection, the note board would freeze for a split second and kill my combo, like you said. This is why I just play with wifi off and it won't screw up as much...though I will occasionally get slowdowns and timing issues.

I've also read opinions from Japanese players, including videos on niconico, and I'll read stuff about how they'll perform better on an iPhone, or certain songs are considered "Android Killers". This is why I brought up what phone I'm currently using. Of course I'm not gonna upgrade my phone just for this game, but I guess this bit of info is worth mentioning.

EDIT: I mentioned this to a friend of mine earlier tonight, but I have to say I'm enjoying the new score matching event. It doesn't feel like a grindfest anymore since there's more variety in songs to be played for points, even if the system is still wonky.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I haven't gotten any freezing on my note 3 although once every 2 or so days the notes will "rewind" for like a millisecond. It seems like this event chooses the same 3 songs which gets boring, and drat its 25000 points for a Maki card.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oblivion590 posted:

I have noticed this happening on my iPhone 5c sometimes after updating to 8.2

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

I haven't gotten any freezing on my note 3 although once every 2 or so days the notes will "rewind" for like a millisecond. It seems like this event chooses the same 3 songs which gets boring, and drat its 25000 points for a Maki card.

My Galaxy S3 sometimes get that sudden note rewind too, but it's fairly rare (still infuriating though). As for songs, to me it seems there are 6 or 7 of them in the event rotation which is a bit repetitive, especially when you get the same song 2-3 times in a row.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I have noticed this happening on my iPhone 5c sometimes after updating to 8.2

So it's not just because I'm still playing on a 4S. Good to know.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Holy poo poo like 3 people on my friends list have the event Maki already.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

beaner69 posted:

Holy poo poo like 3 people on my friends list have the event Maki already.

Only one in mine, but his last login was 22 hours ago so he played his way to 32,000 points on day one :psyduck:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
how does one possibly like maki that much

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Come on son, Nico is #1 Maki is #2. It's why nicoxmaki is so popular.
vvv dont act like you didn't know.

beaner69 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 8, 2014

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank you for the anime girl pairing info, will update my wiki accordingly

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

how does one possibly like maki that much

I rushed to get the spooky Nozomi and I was flat-out pissed when I missed the 900 mark for the 2nd card because I'm a loser fanboy

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I can't wait for another nico event cuz she is the best. But TBF I guess you get a leg up on rushing for the SR early cuz you'll have an advantage for later songs?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I wish they'd have given us expert mode for this. It's only barely more efficient than hard in points/LP, but it'd be a more fun challenge. And better rank XP, which with only hard and no event song is something I'm starting to miss about token events already.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thougjt it was normal to full combo hard songs basically all the time, but according to this event like at least 80% arent capable of doing it

but thats cool because i also get first place most of the time

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
It'd be nice if they didnt make me play Start Dash like 10 times in a row.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

Yeah, I liked Start:Dash a lot better before this event made me play it ad infinitum. This event seriously needs a bigger pool of songs.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

beaner69 posted:

You too ? I played that song seven times in a row.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
I wish they gave me Start Dash seven times in a row. I keep getting kitto seishun and it sucks.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I wish the event would stop giving me Motto Gyutto, I mean it's nice and all but it's a Pure song and my Pure team still sucks compared to a lot of other players, and its Hard mode just doesn't have enough taps to make it into much of a skill contest.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah it's funny cuz this is what happens when I get that dumb song:

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, hey Start Dash isn't being picked 10 times in a row anymore! Now it's No Brand Girls :(

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

beaner69 posted:

Oh, hey Start Dash isn't being picked 10 times in a row anymore! Now it's No Brand Girls :(

No Brand Girls is probably the song I've gotten the least. The ones I've gotten the most are Start Dash and Kaguya no Shiro de.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I got all of them pretty equally overall, but there were definitely stretches where I'd get the same song a half dozen times in a row it seemed. But hey, a whole different set of songs to experience that with now! Still wish expert was available though. And that we had six team slots. I know that's coming in an update somewhere down the road, but I have no idea when.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So how many people put up a phony team just to keep your real team leaders hidden? I don't think it matters much cuz it's all random anyway but I see like lots of players with normals as leaders just for that reason. Either they have the UR/SRs or they don't and I won't play sloppily just cuz I might think they don't.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I considered it just for fun, but with six songs and only five team slots, I didn't want to give up another tailored team for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I always idol at my best, no matter the competition. I have nothing to hide-nico~

• Locked thread