Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

ChiralCondensate posted:

sorry it was me I didn't see that you had it only bind once before I did it :(

ok cool then i edited out the IP address shaming not like it matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
2015 yospos will just be a bunch of raw socket listeners on a list of IP's maintained in a CSV

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Jonny 290 posted:

2015 yospos will just be a bunch of raw socket listeners on a list of IP's maintained in a CSV

it was the only way i could think of to test if he had any outbound port 219 or not, at least, the easiest way.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Tusen Takk posted:

Tusen Takk is norwegian for "thanks alot" or literally "a thousand thanks" and tusen dragedreperen means tusen the dragonslayer

my real surname is irish for deceitful oddly enough

boo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

now that i think about it i am a thief and should have used my real last name god dammit why am i so dumb

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

change ur real name instead plz

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

theadder posted:

change ur real name instead plz

tadhg seamus mac giolla chlaoin is a dope rear end name no way

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i stayed in the Inn on the main screen (400 gold) and i just logged in and said i was killed. what's the deal? isn't that supposed to protect you?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
players can dump cash on the innkeeper to bribe him 4 keyz

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i stayed in the Inn on the main screen (400 gold) and i just logged in and said i was killed. what's the deal? isn't that supposed to protect you?

if you did, then it was only by someone near your level who bribed the innkeeper like mentioned a few times itt and by jonny above.

it protects you from getting swept though by someone levels above you however, so it's at least a fair fight, just don't level up too quickly, i can't reinforce enough the power of sticking at a level longer than it takes to get to beat the master at turgens, he is deceptively easy and beating him does not mean you're ready for the next level forest NPCs and other players on that level.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
THE BIGGEST LORD HINT: STAY AT YOUR LEVEL UNTIL YOU'RE CONFIDENT YOU WANT TO LEVEL UP

A GOOD MEASURE OF THIS IS: THE FOREST MONSTERS DO NO DAMAGE AT ALL I.E. YOU CAN JUST SWEEP THE FOREST AND BARELY HAVE TO HEAL IF AT ALL

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i got kicked out for "running out of time today" even though i was only logged in for a few minutes :(

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
thanks for the info guyz ~:h:~

i mentioned this on another page but i don't think i saw an answer: the downloads area file lists for 2 and 3 are the same. i don't think i'm doing anything wrong. it just looks wrong

also i tried sending jonny a message via "cry to sysOp" but i don't know how to send the message..lol. i tried using "Save" but i don't think that sends, nor does it give me any prompt for what happened

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

thanks for the info guyz ~:h:~

i mentioned this on another page but i don't think i saw an answer: the downloads area file lists for 2 and 3 are the same. i don't think i'm doing anything wrong. it just looks wrong

also i tried sending jonny a message via "cry to sysOp" but i don't know how to send the message..lol. i tried using "Save" but i don't think that sends, nor does it give me any prompt for what happened

yeah i havent actually tested a lot of that poo poo. but it does look like if a sysop is online that they get paged

ill goof with it

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i got kicked out for "running out of time today" even though i was only logged in for a few minutes :(

sec

ok try now

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah i havent actually tested a lot of that poo poo. but it does look like if a sysop is online that they get paged

ill goof with it

can we have a (P)eg sysop option

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ChiralCondensate posted:

can we have a (P)eg sysop option

i think theres an addon for that hang on

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
btw NEW LORD DAY

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sniep posted:

btw NEW LORD DAY

i already died :(

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
what determines the list of players in Lord 1? i now only see two. me (LP0) and sneip

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what determines the list of players in Lord 1? i now only see two. me (LP0) and sneip

yeah i noticed that too. maybe it doesnt show offline players any more?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
aw drat it. i compared experience with flak and he totaled me already!!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
the list of players when you join is just who's online

hit L in game to get the list of all characters

or is that broken?

i just ran it and got this:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

the list of players when you join is just who's online

hit L in game to get the list of all characters

or is that broken?

i just ran it and got this:

i'm talking about when you go to slaughter other players and then list them

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i'm talking about when you go to slaughter other players and then list them

that only shows alive players that you are eligible to kill

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

that only shows alive players that you are eligible to kill

ah, i see. learning more all the time. thank you. some day i will have a billion experience points and annihilate you and become a god in Lord and you will be proud of me

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i dont reakkyl nknow why this is a thing and im not sure if i like it or not but

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

do I have to send an email to jonny to get in on this? or did I somehow gently caress up creating an account

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

do I have to send an email to jonny to get in on this? or did I somehow gently caress up creating an account

sup?

you dont have to send any emails to sign up

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

hmm after creating an account it pulled up some email page with subject "New User Feedback" and when I attempt to (A)bort, it says "This is a forced message. You cannot abort it."

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah this is a pro-life bbs

accounts begin at registration

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
updating OP as this seems to be a stumblig block

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah this is a pro-life bbs

accounts begin at registration

lol

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I like it

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
how hard is it to write a door game, i really want a post-apocalyptic kind of fallout thing with player homes and poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

horse mans posted:

how hard is it to write a door game, i really want a post-apocalyptic kind of fallout thing with player homes and poo poo

to write a proper door is very easy, just write a text game to stdio

google DOOR.SYS for the most common dropfile format

the new (not live yet) bbs is just fuckin' straight python and it'll be even easier

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

to write a proper door is very easy, just write a text game to stdio

google DOOR.SYS for the most common dropfile format

the new (not live yet) bbs is just fuckin' straight python and it'll be even easier

will the Python version use the same drop file format?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'd be totally down for helping out making a door game, just hope i have time

also i thought a day only lasted 6 hours. i was killed by flak on Lord 1 longer than that, and i don't see that i was killed by any others. getting heavy withdrawals here with lord 1, 2 and 3 being unavailable to play now, and lately whenever i do, it's just a drop in the bucket! :gonk:

• Locked thread