Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Neo Rasa posted:

There's a glitch though that makes this trophy extremely difficult to get if you have the digital version.

PS4 firmware upgrades have patched out disc versions by making them EJECT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Yodzilla posted:

Naughty Dog please do the needful and release an Uncharted kart racer.

Unkarted.

That or the Fast of Us. I'd be cool with both.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fast 2: The Last of the Furious.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DrNutt posted:

Bungie has made a few missteps with Destiny but how to do online is not one of them.

That depends on your definition of "how to do online" because I think this was their biggest fuckup.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Whelp, nevermind...still can't connect.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo!!!!

Bet they weren't smart enough to activate an AFK timer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

IcePhoenix posted:

That depends on your definition of "how to do online" because I think this was their biggest fuckup.

Mine works perfectly and ive never had issues aside from when Lizard Squad took em down. Game just works. And most other problems can be attributed to other peoples ISP's or the hardware they are using.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Mine works perfectly and ive never had issues aside from when Lizard Squad took em down. Game just works. And most other problems can be attributed to other peoples ISP's or the hardware they are using.

I don't think he's talking about how well it works technically. I have a huge problem with the stupid decisions they've made in regards to explicit server joins and instancing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Obsurveyor posted:

I don't think he's talking about how well it works technically. I have a huge problem with the stupid decisions they've made in regards to explicit server joins and instancing.

Nailed it. Endgame is all about multiplayer but there is no in game way to form groups.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

liquorlanche posted:

How does Minecraft for PS4 handle world saves? Can you have multiple worlds at once? or just one?

Also wanted to verify that it's offline multiplayer/split screen. It is, right?

multiple worldsaves, offline splitscreen and online MP are both in. and work together. You can start in a nice splitscreen game and invite online friends to come play as well.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Why is Driveclub an always online game?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Nailed it. Endgame is all about multiplayer but there is no in game way to form groups.

Even with the lack of communication and group forming tools, there's not even an in-game way to just follow someone around that you happen to team up with through the same activities. As soon as you hit a loading zone, you almost always get sent to a different instance.

It's an extremely strange setup they've got going with 16 player limit servers that are instanced in at least two different ways. There are overworld instances where you seem to never see more than about 5 people at once and then there are the darkness zone instances that are unique to your fireteam and remember which enemies were killed for at least 5 minutes if you don't kill them all.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Harlock posted:

It's not!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Harlock posted:

it isn't. Just most of its most touted features were. Offline it is a simple racing game with no social features and constant in race mini challenges from your friends list.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Twibbit posted:

it isn't. Just most of its most touted features were. Offline it is a simple racing game with no social features and constant in race mini challenges from your friends list...

...that require you to be online.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Harlock posted:

I have accepted that this is the way all games will be eventually.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Feenix posted:

...that require you to be online.

that is why the mini challenges are not there... as I said. The racing is all still playable.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Twibbit posted:

that is why the mini challenges are not there... as I said. The racing is all still playable.

Your wording in that sentence is misleading.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yodzilla posted:

Naughty Dog please do the needful and release an Uncharted kart racer

Just make a HD remaster of Crash Team Racing

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Feenix posted:

Bet they weren't smart enough to activate an AFK timer.

Probably not & that's the first thing I thought of: if I actually did connect, whenever I was done I'd just hang out in the menus & turn my tv off until I played again.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Obsurveyor posted:

Even with the lack of communication and group forming tools, there's not even an in-game way to just follow someone around that you happen to team up with through the same activities. As soon as you hit a loading zone, you almost always get sent to a different instance.

It's an extremely strange setup they've got going with 16 player limit servers that are instanced in at least two different ways. There are overworld instances where you seem to never see more than about 5 people at once and then there are the darkness zone instances that are unique to your fireteam and remember which enemies were killed for at least 5 minutes if you don't kill them all.

I don't mind the instancing at all in any way it's been implemented. The grouping is a definite problem though. There are even basic things they mucked up - they have clans. You can join the clan using your web browser or their apps (but not in game because I don't know why). The clan name shows on your user. But you can't get a list of all other online clan members and group with them. Why. Why is this happening. Why are clans if you can't message or group with them ingame. It's so weird. I have a couple friends I play with regularly and goons on my friendlist via the mass invite system that I play with on occasion but most users aren't so lucky. They just completely mucked up the social aspect of it and completely piggy-backed on other social networks out-of-game to handle the social part of their very social game.

All that said, I still love the poo poo out of the game and I just hope they fix all this poo poo and add more content.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

comic sans?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The lack of actual clan support seems to be just everyone's way of doing clans anymore. The last several games that I've played that even supported clans were all done online outside of the game. And then once in the game you have a tag and no way to contact anyone in your clan while in the game. It seems they do it so they say they have clans but in reality it's just a complicated mess to go through just to have 4 letters in front of your name for no purpose whatsoever.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

julian assflange posted:

Just make a HD remaster of Crash Team Racing

I really do want this

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Harton posted:

The lack of actual clan support seems to be just everyone's way of doing clans anymore. The last several games that I've played that even supported clans were all done online outside of the game. And then once in the game you have a tag and no way to contact anyone in your clan while in the game. It seems they do it so they say they have clans but in reality it's just a complicated mess to go through just to have 4 letters in front of your name for no purpose whatsoever.

Makes me wonder if systems should just get software to do it from their side. Like a meta-party system... That'd be too awesome though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Twibbit posted:

comic sans?

NeoGaffers. :/

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

NeoGaffers. :/

Reposting neogaf gifs on SA?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

mrEkli posted:

Makes me wonder if systems should just get software to do it from their side. Like a meta-party system... That'd be too awesome though.

I've been saying something similar for a while now too. Even if I just had the ability to separate my friends list into folders so I could differentiate between the goons and non goons or the guys I play Battlefield with and the old guy I friended because we both play golf.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

I feel dirty. But that one truly did give me a chuckle.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Any idea if there is an embargo on reviews for The Evil Within?

Just hoping there's a review before release day so I can decide if I wanna pre order it and get my free green goo.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

EC posted:

Goldblum gets a pass

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just hoping there's a review before release day so I can decide if I wanna pre order it and get my free green goo.

I'd just like to know some more specifics on how the game plays. I really hope it's RE4 2014 and not a super linear amusement park ride like most horror games these days. I'm really hoping for a level of gaminess and exploration. I'm pretty sure it's going to be good, but I thought Shadows of The Damed kind of sucked so I'm slightly apprehensive.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Is there a drive club goon club yet? Add me: eatpoopsir

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

arbybaconator posted:

Is there a drive club goon club yet? Add me: eatpoopsir

I think there is going to be many because clubs have 6 people in them according to giant bomb

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress. Tuesday I saw a PS4 at the pawn shop next to where I work for $260, and I was about to buy it before my phone rang and I had to attend to other things.

I was off yesterday, and of course at that price it was already gone when I went back for it today. Gonna be tough to find another deal approaching that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was super stoked about this game but the total lack of info with it coming out in a few days makes me sort of think it's going to suck :ohdear:

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
So far this is the best single player racing game haha. Are the servers ever going up? Can we get a refund if they're not up this week? I'm still kind of digging the single player, but... it's just... I wanted to race with my mates and poo poo talk while throwing that big audi around corners. Pretty game though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I was super stoked about this game but the total lack of info with it coming out in a few days makes me sort of think it's going to suck :ohdear:

I don't think it is going to suck because it's Shinji Mikami but the lack of info is a bummer. If people who actively look for it can't find much then people who don't know about the game certainly can't. Something tells me it's not going to sell all that well. Bethesda sure is doing a bang-up job of promoting the game.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay so how does game sharing work on the PS4? Destiny is purchased under my account but when my partner tries to play under her account it gives her an error saying that she doesn't have a license to play.

Pretty sure this wasn't an issue on the PS3 so what gives :(

E. I figured it out. I was making her account the primary instead of mine.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Old system: Any two PS3s can be activated at once; being signed in has no bearing on whether you can play things, aside from you have to be signed in to activate the PS3 for account stuff.

New system: Any one PS4 can be activated at once; signing into another PS4 lets you use the account's software while signed in. It's pretty much Xbox 360 activation.

• Locked thread