Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Guessing these count as landscapes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Here are some rocky things from Zion National Park

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Took this while on skyline drive in Virginia. I thought the dead tree in the foreground was a neat focus.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Sungei Ulu Pandan by alkanphel, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
I guess this counts as a landscape

The Monuments by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

bonus photo where the light on the monument went out right before I was finished. not sure which I like better.

Lights Out In DC by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 8, 2014

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Kareela Pipes by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

ape
Jul 20, 2009

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Welcome to Northcote Plaza Shopping Centre by rstop bstop, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oooooo. As a huge Horror fan, I like this. Really grabs my "dark and scary" response.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Oct 12, 2014

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
more from the microphen Tri-X experiment roll

Southwest, 2014 by voodoorootbeer, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

those cars all own

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm really new and poo poo at this but I am going to post some photos in this thread (also I can't get a flickr account for technical reasons so I'm stuck with imgur.). Please tell me if I'm doing goodly or shittily.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

2014-437 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Slavvy posted:

I'm really new and poo poo at this but I am going to post some photos in this thread (also I can't get a flickr account for technical reasons so I'm stuck with imgur.). Please tell me if I'm doing goodly or shittily.

The first two have a slight tilt counterclockwise. I'd say the composition is better on the first one. I personally would like a little less sky, but that's a matter of taste.

The second I think would work better in B&W. The color is already very faded, you might as well just remove it altogether. Especially since it looks like you're going for a silhouette shot.

The third one is straight, just not much to look at, in my opinion.

The fourth is the best. It's straight, you've given us something to look at and the colors are interesting as well. Maybe up the exposure a little bit, other than that, nice shot.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

The first two have a slight tilt counterclockwise. I'd say the composition is better on the first one. I personally would like a little less sky, but that's a matter of taste.

The second I think would work better in B&W. The color is already very faded, you might as well just remove it altogether. Especially since it looks like you're going for a silhouette shot.

The third one is straight, just not much to look at, in my opinion.

The fourth is the best. It's straight, you've given us something to look at and the colors are interesting as well. Maybe up the exposure a little bit, other than that, nice shot.

Yeah I figured as much. The tilt in the bridge one is unfixable; I wasn't standing perpendicular to that spot and it's done at maximum zoom, so it's really a perspective thing I think. As in, when you rotate in lightroom it's impossible to make everything line up with the grid overlay. Thanks!

ape
Jul 20, 2009
You can also try playing with the lens horizontal and vertical options (under manual) if you haven't, they might be able to correct the perspective to align with a grid.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 10, 2014

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Jurong West by alkanphel, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

lovely iphone photo, but I kind of like it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Too postcard?

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Been in a crazy funk for like 3 months, I dunno what I'm doing anymore, but trying to get in the habit of shooting again at least.

DSCF1956 by g.hetzel, on Flickr

DSCF1941 by g.hetzel, on Flickr

DSCF1937 by g.hetzel, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

fuuuuuck

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Casu Marzu posted:

Been in a crazy funk for like 3 months, I dunno what I'm doing anymore, but trying to get in the habit of shooting again at least.

DSCF1956 by g.hetzel, on Flickr

DSCF1937 by g.hetzel, on Flickr

pretty sure what you're doing is the lord's work

yessss

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

That hurts.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Slavvy posted:

Too postcard?

I like this. I think it could be better if you cropped the sky and ocean parts to the closest landmarks.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Whiting Street by thedoablebill, on Flickr

Untitled by thedoablebill, on Flickr

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
door by PC-P, on Flickr

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Dig.

montorio III by bgibb187, on Flickr

upstart
Oct 30, 2012

I've got this
This is most excellent, almost creepy.

I hate trees

Iqaluit spring by theupstart, on Flickr

Hudson Bay Ice by theupstart, on Flickr

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NinetySevenA posted:

I like this. I think it could be better if you cropped the sky and ocean parts to the closest landmarks.

I have another one that is much more zoomed in on the buildings themselves that I need to upload.

(mod edit: MY TABLES)

edit 2: whoops!

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 11, 2014

upstart
Oct 30, 2012

I've got this
I think we need a cityscapes thread. To much concrete around here

Dishes by theupstart, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013