Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Forzatune 5 for android and ios has given me some good starting points for tuning

I've never gotten good results from that app. Even as a starting point. I've had better luck usin the forza 4 spreadsheet then making my adjustments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'm still using a Forza 3 sheet. It seem to do an alright job except for the braking set up, which it always puts about 5% too forward.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Hey people still say this, thats something alright.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Atmus posted:

I don't normally care about radio stations in Forza games, but it was weird having a bunch of real bands and songs in this, but not being able to recognize any of them. Horizon 1 spoiled me for that.

Yeah, I am fairly into indie and electronic stuff and I wasnt familiar with much of anything in Horizon. CVRCHES, The Pixies, Chromeo, Cut Copy, Cage the Elephant, Thee Oh Sees, De Lux, Spank Rock and thats about it. It looks like a lot when I write it out like that, but there 150 songs in the game so recognizing maybe 10 of them isnt much.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I actually like the music mostly and knew a few of the bands and was excited by that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Cygni posted:

Hey people still say this, thats something alright.

Horses for courses.
If the shoe fits.
When in Rome.
Better late than never.
If you can't beat em', join em'.
Bird in the hand.
So do I, neither.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Regarding tuning setups, I've experimented with some of the apps and spreadsheets throughout FM4 and FM5, and the simplest thing I found is what actually gives me the best results.

Three Minute Tune

The main thing I change is brakes. I NEVER change it to 40% bias without driving the car first. I don't think I've ever built a car that had anything more extreme than 47%. Also for brake pressure I crank it up to like 140% but I know most of you guys I've talked to like it closer to 100 so this should be good.

This generally gives me a very good base to work from, with only a couple tweaks really needed. Note that I haven't tried this in Horizon yet. I've just been driving cars with parts on them, no tuning.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Also for brake pressure I crank it up to like 140% but I know most of you guys I've talked to like it closer to 100 so this should be good.

You've mentioned this before, I think. Do you use pedals or something? I usually have the brake pressure down to around 90 or so as to just barely lock the brakes on a panic stop with warm tires. Is this something I'm doing wrong?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Atmus posted:

You've mentioned this before, I think. Do you use pedals or something? I usually have the brake pressure down to around 90 or so as to just barely lock the brakes on a panic stop with warm tires. Is this something I'm doing wrong?
I use the controller.

Brake pressure is one of the least tuning-dependant things you can change on your setup in regard to how the vehicle behaves. Basically, I just barely have to pull the trigger to make it brake, and it's actually a lot easier to lock up. However, it's what I've always used and what I'm used to.

Using 90% is just fine, but if I drove a car at 90%, I'd fly off at every corner because to me the car would feel like it's not stopping.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Okay cool. It sounds like I would do the opposite and lock the brakes up every time I need to bleed off a few M's PH.

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004
I'm guessing they'll release some of the preorder cars as DLC later? I bought the game digitally, and want a BMW M6. The GT class or whatever is pretty drat limited...

Also what's up with the event completion? I think I'm only one championship away from the Horizon Finale, but on the event selection screen it only shows that I've completed like 1/4 of the Supercar races and 1/3 of the Muscle Car races or something. Do you need to beat each given class at each location? I know you can select any class you want before heading to a location but I usually just stuck with one of the three it sort of "recommended" and some of them (like SUV Heroes) have not come up at all.

I'll have to try the Jeep or the GTR for more perk points as I want to get the Autoshow discount before buying some of the pricier cars I want to use like the Alfa 33 or the Mclaren F1. Though I did win the Koenigsegg Agera on my very first wheelspin, so there's that... (I think I'm about level 50 and have also won the Diablo, LFA, Stratos, BMW SUV, and a few others that I'm not remembering).

Also, is that Forza App thing just the same as the Rewards you get online?

Tighran fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 9, 2014

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Tighran posted:

Also what's up with the event completion? I think I'm only one championship away from the Horizon Finale, but on the event selection screen it only shows that I've completed like 1/4 of the Supercar races and 1/3 of the Muscle Car races or something. Do you need to beat each given class at each location? I know you can select any class you want before heading to a location but I usually just stuck with one of the three it sort of "recommended" and some of them (like SUV Heroes) have not come up at all.

Once you beat the Horizon Finale, it unlocks all championship series in all of the map locations, it stops suggesting a new series for your next one, and you get to see all of the series for all locations on a single screen.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
O hay GutBomb, check out the Mobile 1 car pack. Guess who's in there?

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT!

Happy Hunting!

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Second place is for wiggers

(and fags)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
But the winning car is pink?????

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

(and fags)

Everything about that is amazing.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

(and fags)
Love the pics

T Bowl posted:

But the winning car is pink?????
Pink car best car.

Dramicus posted:

Everything about that is amazing.
Ditto.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

(and fags)
:stare:

I can't wait to get off work and fire this game back up!

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Are the train and jets the only showcase races? They're pretty loving cool, if a bit gimmicky. The jets passing overhead just off the deck was loving nuts with headphones on

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Pudgygiant posted:

Are the train and jets the only showcase races? They're pretty loving cool, if a bit gimmicky. The jets passing overhead just off the deck was loving nuts with headphones on

No there are a couple more.

Off the top of my head: hot air balloons, cargo plane, but I'm forgetting one or two more I think.

I assume the showcases are supposed to be like one of the silly/cool Top Gear races. I thought they were all fun.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
In the GRC now.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Am I nuts or is there no way to re-race the finale course? I did it in a car I knew I'd kick rear end in, but now I want to do it in all the most bonkers vehicles possible.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

PT6A posted:

Am I nuts or is there no way to re-race the finale course? I did it in a car I knew I'd kick rear end in, but now I want to do it in all the most bonkers vehicles possible.

You get to do another one after only 15 more championships!

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I have more credits than I know what to do with.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

wernox posted:

I have more credits than I know what to do with.

I went and bought all of the cars I found the most interesting and now I'm broke

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm dumb as hell and new to Xbox...how the hell do I upload photo mode pictures?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
"You aint wrecking you aint racing"

Online went to poo poo pretty quick. Are there class leaderboards I'm not seeing, or is it all really just "rivals" meaning Alfa 33 999 AWD for everything

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Comrade Flynn posted:

I'm dumb as hell and new to Xbox...how the hell do I upload photo mode pictures?
When you take a picture, you can save it locally to your XBox. Once you do, the game should ask you if you want to share it.
Shared photos are found at http://www.forzamotorsport.net/ , Community tab, Gallery.

There you can link the pics directly, or download the pictures to your PC, edit them if you like, and put them up on your own hosting. That's what I do, using Imgur. Once I have them on Imgur I remove them from the gallery to make room for more pics.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Lawen posted:

No there are a couple more.

Off the top of my head: hot air balloons, cargo plane, but I'm forgetting one or two more I think.

I assume the showcases are supposed to be like one of the silly/cool Top Gear races. I thought they were all fun.
In that Digital Foundry 360 vs One video, I saw an attack chopper. I think that one may only be on the 360?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Really digging the game, not a huge fan of Southern Europe though, I thought Colorado was much more fun to drive around in. Then again, it could be the soundtrack, Horizon 1's was so much better.

Hopefully the next go around doesn't have the 360 to hold it back and it can have a major metropolitan area and a lush countryside as well.

I miss the "story" as well, having rivals and those off the grid races for pink slips added some personality to the game.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Lyer posted:

Really digging the game, not a huge fan of Southern Europe though, I thought Colorado was much more fun to drive around in. Then again, it could be the soundtrack, Horizon 1's was so much better.

Hopefully the next go around doesn't have the 360 to hold it back and it can have a major metropolitan area and a lush countryside as well.

I miss the "story" as well, having rivals and those off the grid races for pink slips added some personality to the game.

Yeah this soundtrack is out of this world bad. All the stations sound the exact same. Except for the classical music one.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

the classical station isn't even good classical music for driving. Other than the Vivaldi one, it's like they just picked totally random classical songs that don't fit the whole "driving 140 mph through cornfields" pace of the game at all

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^ Ride of The Valkyries isn't good music for hauling rear end through fields? ^^

O I am so happy. With the help of the storefront, my baby is back. Too bad that generic white dude is in it.
This is close to the replica livery I made for the GRC Group B series. I have to remake a few vinyls but it's nice to see her in the big open-world game!
My 1982 Lancia 037 Stradale:

Craeb Maet
Apr 24, 2007
I pinch.
Looking for an invite to GRC please.

GT: Atomic Ferret

Craeb Maet fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 12, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Friend MacClay, GutBomb303, or Captain Howdy 0 and you'll be able to join the club.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I love taking screenshots in this game:

I hope there's no one from Turn 10 patrolling shared skins for 'copyright infringement' because there's some good stuff out there.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well .. took a gamble on a CowBoom Xbox One for $279 - Couldn't pass it up at that price. Hoping to be playing the proper game by this weekend!

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Nuts and Gum posted:

I love taking screenshots in this game:

I hope there's no one from Turn 10 patrolling shared skins for 'copyright infringement' because there's some good stuff out there.

I have an enormous amount of fun taking screenshots in that game. I never delve into photo modes much but I cant quit. I havent been able to annoy people in this thread with my screenshots in like a week because I just moved and my goddamned internet wont work because Comcast. But be aware when I get my internet back and am able to upload photos there are going to be so many screenshots

Also, this game continues to own. I finally got to the finale a day or two ago and that 20 minute race owns a loving ton. I wish you could do it over and over any time you wanted rather than just when you beat 15 championships. I feel like they could just massively reduce the amount of winnings you get and it would be fine. Its just so much fun to do a race that long across a huge chunk of the map. Thats a thing that open world racers should exploit that they dont. Other racing games have long races but its just you doing the same lap over and over and over. With FH2 you actually get to do one huge lap. Of course I used the car I was most confident racing with so I destroyed the computer, but still. The next time I do it, I might try it on the hardest difficulty.

pvax posted:

Well .. took a gamble on a CowBoom Xbox One for $279 - Couldn't pass it up at that price. Hoping to be playing the proper game by this weekend!

drat that is a nice price.

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Friend MacClay, GutBomb303, or Captain Howdy 0 and you'll be able to join the club.

I think I raced with Howdy back in Forza 3 or 4, so I shot you a friend request. I'd love to be in on the team. Edit: Friended and then let myself in!

I also just finished the finale, running an MR2 at frightening speeds... Guess I'll just keep knocking out championships and buying more cars! Even with the money pouring in, it'll still take some time to get all of the super expensive cars worth $2mil and up. Even over the course of beating the game (with VIP rewards and the monthly rewards) I don't think I've netted the $6mil or whatever the most expensive Ferrari costs.

Edit: Oh and I'm missing ONE road out of the 315 or whatever. Looked all over the map and can't see anything missing. Hope it's not glitched, but I've played enough TDU that I figure it'll get driven eventually.

Double Edit: In case anyone wants to add me on the Xbone, my GT is Tighran. I loved the hell out of just cruising around in TDU, so I'm curious to try the online roadtrips and hope they don't suck.

Tighran fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I scoured the map for hours trying to find the last road, it ended up being a fairly longish NE-SW chunk in the northwest-most town that was partially hidden by the horizon hub icon.

I've also seen people say that the runway in the airport can be glitched and need running up and down on it a couple times to make it work, and there's also a tiny little cross street across the runway that's easy to miss.

• Locked thread