Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KoB posted:

Tall Gamazing

I would have loved to see a Tallgeese Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Khisanth Magus posted:

I would have loved to see a Tallgeese Amazing.

Tallgeese 4majin

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice
2tall4geese

I enjoyed the first episode so much that I immediately started rewatching season 1 (and got my brother hooked as well)

karlor fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 9, 2014

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Caros posted:

It is possible that the system was set up only to register damage to the Dom despite the fact that the Build Burning is inside of it, the same way that the system didn't register any of the Build Burning's equipment or gear when he was initially using it.

Sure it did.

HG (+ scratch)

e: bonus screencap

THAT LIME GREEN IS SO INTENSE

Eej fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 9, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

Eej posted:

Sure it did.

HG (+ scratch)

e: bonus screencap

I commented on that earlier actually.

My point was that it is possible that the system was set up so that it only registered the Dom as the active gunpla, and ignored the internal Burning Gundam. Since all the gunfire is illusionary it is possible that a shot that goes 'through' the Dom would only register the outer model and thus deal no damage to what is inside.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Reflected World'

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Eej posted:

I love this.

But what the hell is "reflected world?" and "special processing"

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Monaghan posted:

I love this.

Cool engrish words that reflect ~made-up~ stats most likely. I'd be really happy if they do power charts like that for the rest of the series, but considering how high his enact's are reaching I doubt we'll be seeing these much longer.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

So some thoughts on their eventual team composition: someone mentioned earlier that it could end up with the two boys duking it out with opponents, with Fumina participating in both fights due to having a speed based gundam.

I'm kind of thinking that their set up lends itself more to a single large battle than splitting the fight up into two fronts. Seems like with a punchman gundam, speed gundam, and sniper gundam, they've got a simple Melee, Medium Range, Long Rage set up. Sekai does crazy robot martial arts up front, Fumina zips around in combat range flanking and shooting her gun a lot, and Yuuma slowly snipes poo poo from far away.

Also an interesting thing brought up earlier in The Discussion That Shall Not Be Repeated was that it's a big deal that the building club president knocked the poo poo out of Fumina, but actually he must be fairly good himself. He said that the whole reason he challenged them to a fight was so he could win and use that to get the fight club dissolved, so even though he apparently hates gunpla battle he must be practicing in secret or something, or else he wouldn't be so confident in his ability to win for his plan to work. I wonder if we'll get to see anything related to that, or if he'll be in any more battles after he's beaten once. Maybe he's the new Sazaki?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

All meijin gunpla have maxed-out TOTAL INTENSITY stats

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I wonder who is going to inherit the Flamenco stat.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

ninjewtsu posted:

Also an interesting thing brought up earlier in The Discussion That Shall Not Be Repeated was that it's a big deal that the building club president knocked the poo poo out of Fumina, but actually he must be fairly good himself. He said that the whole reason he challenged them to a fight was so he could win and use that to get the fight club dissolved, so even though he apparently hates gunpla battle he must be practicing in secret or something, or else he wouldn't be so confident in his ability to win for his plan to work. I wonder if we'll get to see anything related to that, or if he'll be in any more battles after he's beaten once. Maybe he's the new Sazaki?

I'd imagine that the club would probably turn damage off and have dramatic battle re-enactments or use the damage for easy weathering.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Eej posted:

Hold on. That's not the AEU09T. The Enact Commander Type doesn't use the blade rifle. Only one that does is the AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom.

What's wrong with me? Why do I know this poo poo?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

He could also just have a very low opinion of the Fighter Club's abilities. They haven't done well in any fights even when they had club member it sounds like. He also probably fought at Model Damage F or whatever the lowest rank is.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's even got the Ali Custom's different front skirt armor. Huh, wouldn't have expected them to make a mistake like that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I chalk it up to Fumina being more Char-esque and Builder Club guy being more of a Kamille; Fumina may not be the best builder but she's a darned good pilot. President dude can build like a mofo but is probably just above average at piloting. I try to keep in mind that Fumina was trying to cover for Sekai, who she thought was going to get completely obliterated. If she wasn't trying to cover for the guy I think she'd have put up a good fight against President Man.

I never got the vibe that the President was some kickass super threat, is what I'm saying.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

He could also just have a very low opinion of the Fighter Club's abilities. They haven't done well in any fights even when they had club member it sounds like. He also probably fought at Model Damage F or whatever the lowest rank is.

I suppose, but he never really said anything directly insulting to Fumina concerning her abilities, at least as far as I can remember. Just a lot of mocking about how she has no teammates. I didn't really get the impression that he thought she couldn't fight (though I guess there is similarly little evidence that he's been practicing in secret :v:)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

I suppose, but he never really said anything directly insulting to Fumina concerning her abilities, at least as far as I can remember. Just a lot of mocking about how she has no teammates. I didn't really get the impression that he thought she couldn't fight (though I guess there is similarly little evidence that he's been practicing in secret :v:)

Well, he said they never got past the first round which I took as that, although it is more about the team as a whole. He did praise her building abilities though!

(I mean lets be honest, the dude's entire thing is that he's a creepy fucker who is trying to force her into his club because he has a crush on her or something, based on the way he was acting. Even if she is a talented pilot he'd still have said that.)

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Well, he said they never got past the first round which I took as that, although it is more about the team as a whole.

Yeah I took that part as more of an insult to her club and her ability to get quality recruits. I went through the episode assuming that the basis of things was "Fumina is a pretty good pilot, but can't get anyone or at least anyone good to be in her team"

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DigitalRaven posted:

Hold on. That's not the AEU09T. The Enact Commander Type doesn't use the blade rifle. Only one that does is the AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom.

What's wrong with me? Why do I know this poo poo?
Interestingly enough, the Enact's designer actually gave a few remarks of praise on Twitter for including the little details the Try staff put into the Enact's appearance, such as the beam saber location and remembering the Enact has leg missiles.

As for why you know these details.....:shrug:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Monaghan posted:

My guess is that "reflected world" means something along the lines of "how in-line is this with an actual canon suit from the original series its derived from". Kind of like how up until episode 9 of season 1, Sei was trying to keep the Build Strike Gundam as something that would plausibly fit within Gundam SEED or a SEED side-story.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 26, 2014

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
My favorite stat is the ADHESION INTENSITY. Dude just went to a model shop and went "Show me your selection of INTENSE JOINTS AND GLUES."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

(I mean lets be honest, the dude's entire thing is that he's a creepy fucker who is trying to force her into his club because he has a crush on her or something, based on the way he was acting. Even if she is a talented pilot he'd still have said that.)

Honestly, I'd just say he wants a bigger and more prestigious club. 'Sleazeball club president has crush on female MC and makes her life hell because of it' may be a common anime trope, but this guy gave the impression that his sleaziness is stuck to always-on mode rather than it being anything particularly personal.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ninjewtsu posted:

Also an interesting thing brought up earlier in The Discussion That Shall Not Be Repeated was that it's a big deal that the building club president knocked the poo poo out of Fumina, but actually he must be fairly good himself.

But he didn't. The damage wasn't even substantial enough to change her cockpit color.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darth Walrus posted:

Honestly, I'd just say he wants a bigger and more prestigious club. 'Sleazeball club president has crush on female MC and makes her life hell because of it' may be a common anime trope, but this guy gave the impression that his sleaziness is stuck to always-on mode rather than it being anything particularly personal.

I dunno, dude. Her telling him to gently caress off in the hallway and him going "But stubbornness is also one of your charms!" and him going apeshit insane for a moment when he walked in on Fumina and Sekai when they did the tackle to catch the Dom suggest very strongly that he has a specific creep on Fumina in particular.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 10, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

No, he completely has a crush on her. He told her that her stubbornness was "one of her charms' and had a generic anime jealousy freakout over her and Sekai on the floor together.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

One of my favorite moments I forgot to mention earlier that I don't think anyone else has talked about: the scene where Fumina shows Sekai a Gunpla for the first time. You see the look on his face... smash cut to her trying to desperately drag him back in because once he saw it was "just a toy" he was all, "Nope, gently caress it, I'm out." Cut to commercial, and when it comes back you hear Fumina explaining the basics, so you figure, "Oh, cool, she must have convinced him to stay somehow."

Then you see she's got him tied to a chair. Probably the funniest moment in the episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

One of my favorite moments I forgot to mention earlier that I don't think anyone else has talked about : the scene where Fumina shows Sekai a Gunpla for the first time. You see the look on his face... smash cut to her trying to desperately drag him back in because once he saw it was "just a toy" he was all, "Nope, gently caress it, I'm out." Cut to commercial, and when it comes back you hear Fumina explaining the basics, so you figure, "Oh, cool, she must have convinced him to stay somehow."

Then you see she's got him tied to a chair. Probably the funniest moment in the episode.

I know the answer is 'comedy physics' but I have to wonder how the crap she restrained a super-kung-fu master without him breaking free.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

I know the answer is 'comedy physics' but I have to wonder how the crap she restrained a super-kung-fu master without him breaking free.

The love of gunpla is stronger than any martial art.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Hell, it looks like she's got at least a couple of inches on him:

...leverage?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Kanos posted:

The love of gunpla is stronger than any martial art.

Sei Iori is the most powerful man and is listed as a weapon of mass destruction.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
It's because you never use your skills on a ~girl~.

Only with them in the form of a Love Love Sekiha Tenkyouken. Which is how I hope they place their gunpla down on the gP base at least once.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I'm guessing that even though he's extremely skilled at actual fighting, he's still just a middle school student, so he's likely nowhere near physically powerful enough to just straight up break the ropes. And depending on her knotwork, he might not be flexible enough to slip free.

As for why he didn't just break free from her before she tied him up, he's a shonen anime martial artist, and is therefore incapable of bringing himself to actually fight a girl for real.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The kid just got arrested for using his super kung fu powers, I don't blame him for playing it safe.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

The Missing Link posted:

Love Love Sekiha Tenkyouken.

If this doesn't happen now I'll be very sad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fat and Useless posted:

If this doesn't happen now I'll be very sad.

Wasn't there an interview or PV where they called this a love story?

It has to happen.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wasn't there an interview or PV where they called this a love story?

During the PV Ral called the show a love comedy.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Now I'm imagining Chihayafuru but gundams.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

Now I'm imagining Chihayafuru but gundams.

Say it wouldn't be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Third season of Chihayafuru secretly premieres in Gundam toy commercial.

• Locked thread