Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:ccp: are giving everyone titans and capital ships for free.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5101904#post5101904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Why not fly an assault frig?

I'm not trying to troll if it's a dumb question, I legitimately wondered this.

The targets in level 4 FW missions are usually structures, battleships or industrials, and you want to kill them at range to avoid being overwhelmed by the rats defending the site. A bomber allows to do it firing from 50 kms with AB on, so you are sig-tanking the incoming heavy and cruise missile fire and at the same time you can keep yourself away from cruisers and frigs if you are careful with your orbit.

My FW character was minmatar, so my targets were Amarr, whose ewar is tracking disruptors and neuts. The TDs don't affect the torpedoes and the neuts can be avoided if you keep an eye at the neuting ships and change your trajectory manually to avoid getting in range.

Oh, and with the DPS of an assfrig it would take a very long time to complete the mission, so you have the risk of being caught by someone trying to hunt you.

I saw people running FW missions in battlecruisers and in HACs, but then you have to move around in a ship that will probably not survive a minimal gatecamp. A cloaky tengu would be probably more appropriate, but overkill (why do you want to risn a 700M ship whrn you can go reasonabily well with a 50M one?).

The more superspergyoptimized way to run those missions is to use an ISBox fleet of bombers. With something like 6-7 bombers you can complete a level 4 mission in perhaps 30 seconds. At T3 you get 50K LP points for mission (if my memory serves me well). You can do the rest of the math...

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

For testing, so what? It's a nice idea. Hopefully this way more people see how horribly slow those tubs are and go back to flying normal ships more satisfied after that.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

RIP hobojamming: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=378423&find=unread

It's implemented in a smart way though -- now, if a light dic bubbles a station grid and then docks at that station, the bubbles instantly pop. Doesn't change dic aggro mechanics. Good poo poo, CCP.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

New thread up on the updated changes to long distance travel in Phoebe.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=378426&find=unread

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

JF's get a 10LY range, blops and industrials get less fatigue.

edit; beaten

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

edit; beaten

I like those changes, although I think Mynnna's proposal should be implemented.

Oh, and reduced fatigue for shuttles too. And a pony.

E: stupid typing errors

Amberskin fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 9, 2014

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
These tweaks give me great hope for the Great Sov Rework. Focusing on supply line mechanics first is pretty wise, and assuming they continue to listen to the playerbase and make reasonable changes every 6 weeks, there's a lot of iteration potential for eve online: still mostly a bad game many people don't play that much.

Make heavy industry easier and more profitable in sov null, but make it unfun to move combat groups long distances. Now all we need to do is overhaul supers and the need to ball up with people you don't like can end.

pugnax fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 9, 2014

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

edit; beaten
This is cool and will make getting roaming ships out to NPC 0.0 a lot more tolerable for wandering space-hobos like me.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

edit; beaten

Dang, i was looking forward to all the brawling over chokepoint systems :smith:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed in them increasing JF range to 10LY. This ruins a lot of my plans.

Also, they are smoking some good poo poo over in Iceland -- they are not extending the 10LY range to rorqs because they have a drone damage bonus. That is the reason why. I am not making that up.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

edit; beaten

Walking the JF nerf back is kinda lovely, I was all for how this was going to shake up the importance of staging systems in low/null.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Holy poo poo, nothing will satisfy this thread.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Also, they are smoking some good poo poo over in Iceland -- they are not extending the 10LY range to rorqs because they have a drone damage bonus. That is the reason why. I am not making that up.
It's even better: They felt they had to decide between the drone bonus and a jump range bonus, and the drone bonus won. But don't worry because they'll revisit the rorq soon.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

pugnax posted:

Well duh, it's the Eve thread.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

pugnax posted:

Its almost like the thread isnt a hive mind and people have differing opinions!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

^^^ gently caress YOUY

pugnax posted:

it is almost like we represent a diverse strata of opinion and do not post in unison about things

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I like that Blackops (and their bridges) get a fatigue reduction so we can actually drop on things more then once a day.

Maybe I should trade in my suitcase Archon for an Ark...

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

MacPac posted:

Dang, i was looking forward to all the brawling over chokepoint systems :smith:

This is really going to cement things in nullsec.

The captials are all going to stay home and defend the castle, and the JF's will keep things stocked and renters happy.

Interceptor roams, blops drops, and a lot of stagnation from here on out :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In case you thought the CSM stuff was over, the guy who GSF scooped up Xander Phoena left CFC just resigned and is replaced by Gorski Car

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=378399&find=unread

Glory of Arioch posted:

^^^ gently caress YOUY

it is almost like we represent a diverse strata of opinion and do not post in unison about things

Posting in unison is only for enemies of the state :colbert:

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

In case you thought the CSM stuff was over, the guy who GSF scooped up Xander Phoena left CFC just resigned and is replaced by Gorski Car
you have got to be making GBS threads me, gorski on csm?

this will end well

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Good, despite the high hopes of Crius, nullsec industry doesn't feel mature enough to nerf JF and logistics that hard. The fact that I can still do exploration for fun and not be left hoarding a half billion of unshippable datacores is a good thing.

Speaking of which, does the blops fatigue reduction mean ships like the Buzzard get half fatigue on JBs too?

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sounded like the change was being attached to the jump portal, not the ship so a Buzzard (and all other covert op hulls) would take normal fatigue from a JB.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

ocrumsprug posted:

Sounded like the change was being attached to the jump portal, not the ship so a Buzzard (and all other covert op hulls) would take normal fatigue from a JB.

Dang. That plus an 8AU/s cloaked warp would've been a sweet transit ship, and then long trains on racial frigate V is good for interceptors too.

At least we still get the sweet blue jump effect on JBs though.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Libluini posted:

For testing, so what? It's a nice idea. Hopefully this way more people see how horribly slow those tubs are and go back to flying normal ships more satisfied after that.

Finally I can test a Titan! Can't wait to fit one in Sisi, I love CCP just for this lol.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I like that they've pretty much tied nerfing JF range to industry moving to null - means they are more likely to actually work on null industry soon.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kenlon posted:

I like that they've pretty much tied nerfing JF range to industry moving to null - means they are more likely to actually work on null industry soon.

You've never played through a major CCP overhaul before, have you? :allears:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kenlon posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You've never played through a major CCP overhaul before, have you? :allears:

Shut up and let me pretend it'll happen. :mad:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Man I just realized that if these jump changes go live I need to resub two accounts a few days before just to move my carrier out from BFE where it currently lies.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

How long is the titan test thing happening on Sisi for? I want to take an Avatar ratting.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man I just realized that if these jump changes go live I need to resub two accounts a few days before just to move my carrier out from BFE where it currently lies.

And people think this will hurt sub numbers...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I'm glad I got my capital fix before tidi hit. I never want to fly a titan ever again.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Mission accomplished. Maybe they'll unfuck ore anoms in null:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5103384#post5103384

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
Non-individualized fatigue is an extremely bad idea and walks all over the tiericide stuff they keep trying to do. Why yes, a Tristan should incur the same fatigue penalty for using a jumpbridge as an Avatar. Considering their party line is 'meaningful choices', this mechanic encourages anything but.

Supercap/carrier roams are going to be a legit thing now and people still think this will change the sov landscape. Someone posted a Sisi Hel group travelog where they went from the top of Cobalt Edge to the bottom of Feythabolis in 30 minutes (including breaking through a half-dozen bubblecamps) without significantly compromising tank. Battleships will be even more completely useless, since they have a lovely tank when warp-speed fit, and will actually be outrun by a carrier group with normal rigs and a few PHAs.

As long as you can fit a capital to move faster than a battleship, the whole game is still bring caps, or don't bother.

e: The solution is of course to actually balance capitals: annihilate their EHP, reduce capital rep range, nerf all remote rep on targets under fire, and make sentries ineffective on non-bonused platforms. And do something to titan bridges. Jump mobility doesn't matter when you actually have to bring subcaps.

mikey fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 9, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Narciss posted:

And people think this will hurt sub numbers...

I'd be back for a day, and if I could get people to help with a cyno chain I'd just ask them to give me the plex buying grace period, make the jumps and not even resub. As it was this change would absolutely cause me to cancel one of my accounts if I was still active.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

mikey posted:

Non-individualized fatigue is an extremely bad idea and walks all over the tiericide stuff they keep trying to do. Why yes, a Tristan should incur the same fatigue penalty for using a jumpbridge as an Avatar. Considering their party line is 'meaningful choices', this mechanic encourages anything but.

Supercap/carrier roams are going to be a legit thing now and people still think this will change the sov landscape. Someone posted a Sisi Hel group travelog where they went from the top of Cobalt Edge to the bottom of Feythabolis in 30 minutes (including breaking through a half-dozen bubblecamps) without significantly compromising tank. Battleships will be even more completely useless, since they have a lovely tank when warp-speed fit, and will actually be outrun by a carrier group with normal rigs and a few PHAs.

As long as you can fit a capital to move faster than a battleship, the whole game is still bring caps, or don't bother.

e: The solution is of course to actually balance capitals: annihilate their EHP, reduce capital rep range, nerf all remote rep on targets under fire, and make sentries ineffective on non-bonused platforms. And do something to titan bridges. Jump mobility doesn't matter when you actually have to bring subcaps.

Confirming I am building a hel right now

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Shield caps might finally have their day in the sun. I can't wait.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ranbo das posted:

Shield caps might finally have their day in the sun. I can't wait.

Really, it's only inertia keeping them out of the limelight. They're superior to armor caps in the tank department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Glory of Arioch posted:

Really, it's only inertia keeping them out of the limelight.

Shield caps actually tend to be more agile than armor caps because of the lack of plates that would add extra mass.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread