Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Are you playing myPlayer or a franchise? I find myPlayer is the first thing a lot of people start with and it's actually probably the worst place to learn the game.

played a couple games in GM mode and the myTeam game against a team of total scrubs (although I guess my team is all scrubs too). I think all of my points that weren't from chucking threes with the shot clock running down were off of offensive rebounds or fast breaks in the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

played a couple games in GM mode and the myTeam game against a team of total scrubs (although I guess my team is all scrubs too). I think all of my points that weren't from chucking threes with the shot clock running down were off of offensive rebounds or fast breaks in the last one.

Playing with scrubby players is kinda hard too. I'd suggest learning with a real team or fantasy-drafted team for a while. Don't be afraid to drop the difficulty either. It's a complex game and playing on rookie then vet to learn how to do everything makes a lot of sense.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I'm having a blast playing mycareer on the pc.

Was getting frustrated because I was painstakingly editing my character, but apparently mycareer is linked to myplayer, and if myplayer isn't connected to the server, I lose the edits.

I'm fairly certain that most of the rpg elements are scripted though, because I was doing really well as a centre (I've only been playing centers since 2k12), and Markieff Morris also told me I could not play any worse. I had no TO, 1 assist, 7 rebounds, 10 points.

Can anyone tell me how mypark is like?

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
The contact in this game is actually very realistic finally. Basketball is real hard to play so you gotta actually have a grasp on how the game is played to be successful at all.

also IF YOU ARE SCANNING YOUR FACE DO THE WHITE PIECE OF PAPER/TEE SHIRT THING. IT IS MIRACULOUS AND WORKS EXCELLENTLY. I placed a piece of paper about 3 inches deep on my jaw and my scan quality is super high now. Don't get papercuts on your face tho

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I have a PS Camera and when I make my player I don't think I'll do the face scan. I'm a 6'3" white guy with thinning hair and little muscle tone. I don't want to play as that. I wanna be a 6'7" wing named Draymond Raymond who terrorizes with his dreads and off-ball cuts.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
It's just your face though, not your entire body...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

wtfmoses posted:

The contact in this game is actually very realistic finally. Basketball is real hard to play so you gotta actually have a grasp on how the game is played to be successful at all.

also IF YOU ARE SCANNING YOUR FACE DO THE WHITE PIECE OF PAPER/TEE SHIRT THING. IT IS MIRACULOUS AND WORKS EXCELLENTLY. I placed a piece of paper about 3 inches deep on my jaw and my scan quality is super high now. Don't get papercuts on your face tho

Do you have the white paper actually show up in the square box when you do it?

And are the servers done making GBS threads themselves?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 8, 2014

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In 2k14 i had a lot of success telling the wings to cut baseline and then hit them for a dunk or oop.

Also, its high time that we get a play editor. It would be difficult, but I need it to run my plays from high school like "String Theory" and "Apocalypse Now"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

DailyDumSum posted:

It's just your face though, not your entire body...

Yeah but my face doesn't fit the vision, man.

jimcunningham posted:

Also, its high time that we get a play editor. It would be difficult, but I need it to run my plays from high school like "String Theory" and "Apocalypse Now"

Agreed, I can't imagine it would be all that difficult.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

jimcunningham posted:

In 2k14 i had a lot of success telling the wings to cut baseline and then hit them for a dunk or oop.

I agree. I don't really know why it would be that difficult. Basic live play editor software is a dime a dozen, how hard can it be to implement in a game like 2K? It's not like the AI runs the preloaded plays with any particular intelligence or complexity.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Holyshoot posted:

Do you have the white paper actually show up in the square box when you do it?

And are the servers done making GBS threads themselves?

You want the paper in view of the camera but out of the green box. It's just to make the camera stop overexposing your face so much and washing out your chiseled goon features

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish MyPlayer wasn't deleted every single time I boot this game. I've given up remaking the player because it will just be gone next time I play. I also wish I could find 2k Share in the menus. Beyond that the game is great so far.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

I also wish I could find 2k Share in the menus. Beyond that the game is great so far.

You can download rosters either via quick game or turn on use customer roster in MyGM or MyLeague

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Spacebump posted:

I wish MyPlayer wasn't deleted every single time I boot this game. I've given up remaking the player because it will just be gone next time I play. I also wish I could find 2k Share in the menus. Beyond that the game is great so far.

On PC, you can access 2k share by going to options>roster creator>create/edit. It'll ask you if you want to download someone else's roster or an updated official roster.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Are the servers still hosed because I don't have my guy back and I can't play the My Player or My Team modes yet.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Glumslinger posted:

You can download rosters either via quick game or turn on use customer roster in MyGM or MyLeague

ihatepants posted:

On PC, you can access 2k share by going to options>roster creator>create/edit. It'll ask you if you want to download someone else's roster or an updated official roster.

Thanks, glad I finally know where it is. After opening it in quick game, I really appreciate the easy option for injury free roster.

edit: I'm going to try to beat the Spurs with Alba Berlin today, lol at Berlin's team stats.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 9, 2014

Prosthetic Head
Aug 11, 2005
Would it be stupid to get this game for the Xbox 360, I get it every year at launch but I don't plan on getting a next gen system in the near future, and there's no way my pc would run it. Can anyone give insight on how much the differences impact the game overall, don't really care about graphics.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Very irritating that I can set serpentine drafts in myGM but I can't set the order....

restart-restart-restart.....

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Other than the MyPlayer appearance constantly resetting, seems like everything is working except MyTeam. Which sucks, since that's pretty much the only mode I play.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone know how I can get my coach to stop changing my lineups in myGM so my best players aren't pissed off at me for telling them they'd be starters when he benches them for worse players?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

What is the difference between online and offline My Player mode? Other than me being unable to play online mode because the servers are hosed.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Is anyone on PC able to play myteam? I was just curious about what cards it would give me but it keeps telling me that theres a problem with my connection during or just after the Shaq intro.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

What is the difference between online and offline My Player mode? Other than me being unable to play online mode because the servers are hosed.

P sure you cant earn VC offline and thus no way to level your player. At least thats how it was on previous editions

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

the_american_dream posted:

P sure you cant earn VC offline and thus no way to level your player. At least thats how it was on previous editions

Oh okay that's asinine. I haven't played since 2k11 so I don't understand all these newfangled viet congs. Anyway, if anybody plays on 360, my gt is TBONETBONETBONE.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Contact in the paint is so god damned good this year, I'm loving it

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
... Yea I think im going to lay off playing the AI until some decent sliders are out. Im not enjoying never getting foul calls inside while I cant breathe on their inside shots without them getting free throws

Edit: HAHAHA 16 to 0 foul discrepancy. And this coming from someone who learned not to swipe at the ball since like 2k10.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 9, 2014

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

You can check server status here:
http://nba2k.com/status

It'll be in the OP. FYI: Right now everything is hosed.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Played my first MyTeam game. I win the first challenge. As I quit the game it says it can't connect to the server and then it says I lost the challenge game. Great. Here we go.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
I'm really enjoying this year's edition of Brain Damage Simulator 2k15. Adding that new voice really sells it, too. Watch and be amazed as your rookie slurs his way through meetings with NBA Superstars and post game interviews! Marvel at his feats of athleticism aimed in entirely the wrong direction two seconds after you enter the input on your controller!

Seriously though, my biggest complaints so far are that the coach pop ups in game always come back negative no matter what I do, and the AI still does that thing were it arbitrarily decides when the other team is just destined to score on you. That first thing is really irritating especially when it gives something like 'run the offense through you' and I go on a hot streak for like 6 possessions in a row, then miss one shot and the little thing pops up and shows C going down to C- over and over again. It's like, I just dropped 45 on Chris Paul, 62% from the field. What more do you want from me? Is it because CP3 puts me into that bump animation that freezes me in place if he so much as looks at me funny and every time I press the block button it takes a full second to register that my player should be jumping?

Also gently caress Zach Randolph for never missing a shot, and gently caress the Wolves for being a god-awful team to play on. Don't come to my house and tell me to re-sign, Corey Brewer, you won't even pass me the ball.

All that said I still like the game because I like frustration.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Emery posted:

I'm really enjoying this year's edition of Brain Damage Simulator 2k15. Adding that new voice really sells it, too. Watch and be amazed as your rookie slurs his way through meetings with NBA Superstars and post game interviews! Marvel at his feats of athleticism aimed in entirely the wrong direction two seconds after you enter the input on your controller!

Seriously though, my biggest complaints so far are that the coach pop ups in game always come back negative no matter what I do, and the AI still does that thing were it arbitrarily decides when the other team is just destined to score on you. That first thing is really irritating especially when it gives something like 'run the offense through you' and I go on a hot streak for like 6 possessions in a row, then miss one shot and the little thing pops up and shows C going down to C- over and over again. It's like, I just dropped 45 on Chris Paul, 62% from the field. What more do you want from me? Is it because CP3 puts me into that bump animation that freezes me in place if he so much as looks at me funny and every time I press the block button it takes a full second to register that my player should be jumping?

Also gently caress Zach Randolph for never missing a shot, and gently caress the Wolves for being a god-awful team to play on. Don't come to my house and tell me to re-sign, Corey Brewer, you won't even pass me the ball.

All that said I still like the game because I like frustration.

This hasn't been my experience at all, are you playing on the old gen consoles or something? Maybe my coach just likes me? Also, rebounding is so good this year in mycareer, like, you can actually make a big PF or Center and expect to haul in a ton of rebounds every game because height and strength and poo poo actually matter.

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily

hopterque posted:

This hasn't been my experience at all, are you playing on the old gen consoles or something? Maybe my coach just likes me? Also, rebounding is so good this year in mycareer, like, you can actually make a big PF or Center and expect to haul in a ton of rebounds every game because height and strength and poo poo actually matter.

This hasn't been my experience either (about the coach issue). However, I had to start again because I was finally able to connect online.

I play on the PC, so I'm not sure about the other consoles.

If you play offline, you get SP points to level up your character.

If you play online, you get VCs.

It seems so much better to go on a crappy team (or teams that desperately have a high interest in you) because after you play your way into a regular spot, I was floored when my online myplayer (center) was given 30 minutes a game on the Jazz, whereas I was only given 10 or so on my offline character (also a center) for Phoenix.

I've also pretty much done all arrogant/negative options when I can (I'm not putting up with your scripted poo poo Trey Burke!), and got a badge that apparently makes whoever I'm guarding worse due to me poo poo talking to them or something.

There seems to be no requirement of getting the sparkplug badge other than not sucking and scoring at least 4/5 baskets.

Anyone have any other tips on getting badges? I'm trying to get the physical one from 2k14 (the one where you train their stamina every time you lean on them) as well as the tenacious rebounder (don't know why I can't seem to get that).

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I sort of wish guys were un-voiced still. Better that than having Andre Drummond speaking to me with absolutely no emotion whatsoever.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Markieff Morris sounds like he was apparently eating throughout his entire time reading lines.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Sky Shadowing posted:

I sort of wish guys were un-voiced still. Better that than having Andre Drummond speaking to me with absolutely no emotion whatsoever.

The way they would nod their head and stuff like they were talking and your dude would reply like nothing weird was going on always cracked me up

I also miss it.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

hopterque posted:

Nope, PC as well. The input lag turned out to be that I cranked up all the visuals to max, which I didn't think would be a problem for a dedicated gaming rig I got less than two months ago.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

DailyDumSum posted:

This hasn't been my experience either (about the coach issue). However, I had to start again because I was finally able to connect online.

I play on the PC, so I'm not sure about the other consoles.

If you play offline, you get SP points to level up your character.

If you play online, you get VCs.

It seems so much better to go on a crappy team (or teams that desperately have a high interest in you) because after you play your way into a regular spot, I was floored when my online myplayer (center) was given 30 minutes a game on the Jazz, whereas I was only given 10 or so on my offline character (also a center) for Phoenix.

I've also pretty much done all arrogant/negative options when I can (I'm not putting up with your scripted poo poo Trey Burke!), and got a badge that apparently makes whoever I'm guarding worse due to me poo poo talking to them or something.

There seems to be no requirement of getting the sparkplug badge other than not sucking and scoring at least 4/5 baskets.

Anyone have any other tips on getting badges? I'm trying to get the physical one from 2k14 (the one where you train their stamina every time you lean on them) as well as the tenacious rebounder (don't know why I can't seem to get that).

Got the pick and roll maestro badge just from running the pick and roll a bunch.

My GM is fun and looks pretty deep but i think I'm going to wait til some decent sliders are out for my own sanity. Go ahead and finish The Last of Us aka the greatest game ever of all time

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Eric Gordon has the WORST voiceover by far. Jesus christ is it awful.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Anyone know which Hornets players do voice work?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably Big Al. Does anyone else make up backstories for their players? Ill pick a major then look for schools that have good depts in that area also with a decent basketball program and make them attend that college. Give them characteristics like hes really into scifi and the band Foghat. Im really white btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why your MyPlayer gets paid different amounts per game. In the end it doesn't really matter, but it's weird.

• Locked thread