Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

If it's an item even remotely worth having it's either a subscriber item or a veteran item.

Subscriber items, yes, but my 250 veteran points disagree with you.

(i tried to buy the zebra mask yesterday and found out i already had it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

Subscriber items, yes, but my 250 veteran points disagree with you.

(i tried to buy the zebra mask yesterday and found out i already had it)

The repair kit was useful because I'm lazy. And hey I tried to get Funcom to make more Veteran items and all I got was yet another ban. Y'all need to step it up if you want change because the pubs sure don't.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Stepping up just means warnings/temp-bans for being mean to Joel, not sure that's going to help.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Do I need to remind you all what happened the last time the community was allowed to pick the monthly item, don't give power to players.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HughGRect posted:

Do I need to remind you all what happened the last time the community was allowed to pick the monthly item, don't give power to players.

Please remind me. Was it the one where women got a uniform with giant eyeballs on their boobs? :allears:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

:negative:

Edit:

prefect posted:

Please remind me. Was it the one where women got a uniform with giant eyeballs on their boobs? :allears:

Tactical. Earpiece.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

:negative:

Edit:

Tactical. Earpiece.

That's a hundred times worse than a funny outfit. :cripes:

"Please, give me something that's tiny and stupid and not funny or even visible at all. :downs:"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

That's a hundred times worse than a funny outfit. :cripes:

"Please, give me something that's tiny and stupid and not funny or even visible at all. :downs:"

There were two models one that's tiny and barely visible. And then the other that looks like a giant gently caress off brick attached to your head.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Those irritate me even more because that's an outfit slot that shows up in the dressing room, but is effectively unusable, because there's nothing worth using. :rant:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

prefect posted:

Those irritate me even more because that's an outfit slot that shows up in the dressing room, but is effectively unusable, because there's nothing worth using. :rant:

Is that the slot that the golden skull headphones go in?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HughGRect posted:

Alas, I am unaware of the existence of such headphones. :shrug:

All I know is that I've got two stupid headset thingies in that slot, and they both suck and I hate them.

But! In a recent update, they fixed something that makes me happy. You know how you can wear the Golden Anubis Mask and then put on an outfit, and the mask disappears, but you retain the glowing red eyes? You can now do the same thing with the Obsidian Anubis Mask to get glowing blue eyes. :swoon:

(I was envious of the Templars and Dragons for their glowing-eye options.)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

prefect posted:

But! In a recent update, they fixed something that makes me happy. You know how you can wear the Golden Anubis Mask and then put on an outfit, and the mask disappears, but you retain the glowing red eyes? You can now do the same thing with the Obsidian Anubis Mask to get glowing blue eyes. :swoon:

(I was envious of the Templars and Dragons for their glowing-eye options.)

Did they fix the bug with the Golden Anubis Mask that allowed you to wear a hat along with a costume that takes up the hat spot?

Example:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

I always forget there's other options than the golden beats. I know that my animal head changes but those haven't gone off sine they launched.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

I always forget there's other options than the golden beats. I know that my animal head changes but those haven't gone off sine they launched.

I still like my 100 bucks golden tux.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HughGRect posted:

I still like my 100 bucks golden tux.

People were saying yesterday that the golden tux was going to be :10bux: this coming weekend.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

People were saying yesterday that the golden tux was going to be :10bux: this coming weekend.

It was during the last golden weekend so it probably will again.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

If anybody has any problem you could always message me, my name is JesterK in game and I play 2-3 time a week, usually the evening on saturday/sunday. I can even invite people in the Templar guild I am part of, they are really friendly and have mirror guild for the 2 other factions. We mostly do pve and they do Raid once a week.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Considering buying issues/sidestories. Looks like buying everything except issue 8 (and 5 which I already have) and scenarios packs will cost about 50 eur. Should I skip sidestories?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I think the only thing that stands out in my mind from all the side stories is following an extremely slow Blajini down an extremely long river.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekenr posted:

Considering buying issues/sidestories. Looks like buying everything except issue 8 (and 5 which I already have) and scenarios packs will cost about 50 eur. Should I skip sidestories?

Side stories are more missions. If youre buying issue 9 you'll want the side stories for there because otherwise Tokyo is barren. If you haven't ground scenarios you'll probably want the other side story pack because there's a mission that let's you bypass grinding scenarios to get into Tokyo from there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
People in #Sanctuary are saying the new event starts tomorrow. And in other good news, there's finally something to spend skill points on (Aegis skills). :toot:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The golden suit is 1200 points again, and there's a new gold version of the heavy metal outfit (also 1200 points) which will also be 100 bucks after the event.

At least I got to spend some of my bonus points, not like there are any other outfits I would want to buy. No I don't want the stupid tacticool suit :getout:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have recommendations on builds to survive blue mountain? I was using a sword/AR build, but that's really not doing it anymore. I was thinking fist and something else.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So there's literally no difference between last years golem and this years? Fuckin' sweet. I don't care enough about augments to waste my time grinding this sonofabitch.

Edit: Did buy the new golden outfit as well as got last years account wide because why not. Still irritates me that outfits are gender specific. Way to ensure that every character I roll up in the future is male Funcom.

Len fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 10, 2014

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I finally got around to the Ricky Pagan missions.

Don't go in the water :ohdear:

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem
How popular is this game? are any of the old goon guilds still active?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Notinghamington posted:

How popular is this game? are any of the old goon guilds still active?

Both people still playing it think it's great.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Toshimo posted:

this needs to be the thread title forever.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

You should make thread 4.0 with that as the title. It would be like old times!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

HughGRect posted:

You should make thread 4.0 with that as the title. It would be like old times!

I should put a blade/chaos build in the OP? (confirm/deny)

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
The game is populated enough and frankly it's best played as one of the best single player rpgs made in ages. Why did this have to be an mmo!?!, is a question I ask myself frequently while playing.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

TGG posted:

The game is populated enough and frankly it's best played as one of the best single player rpgs made in ages. Why did this have to be an mmo!?!, is a question I ask myself frequently while playing.

Because Funcom stopped producing single-player games after Dreamfall had the poo poo pirated out of it and they lost a lot of money on it. It's pretty difficult to pirate an MMO.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

I should put a blade/chaos build in the OP? (confirm/deny)

My name is Hugh G Rect, and I endorse this message.

Edit: Fun fact, the original title for this thread was going to be:

The Secret World: 2012 MMO Single Player Game of the Year

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

30 % bonus when you buy funcom points. Good thing I waited to buy content.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Sekenr posted:

30 % bonus when you buy funcom points. Good thing I waited to buy content.

Hmmm.... I haven't bought any content since like, the 3rd issue.... wondering how much all my missing content would cost... hm.......

flea
Oct 8, 2000

Otacon posted:

Hmmm.... I haven't bought any content since like, the 3rd issue.... wondering how much all my missing content would cost... hm.......

Skip issue 8. I thought I might enjoy it since I actually enjoy grinding, but the entire scenario system is completely awful. Maybe if there was more than just wave defense but now that Tokyo is out I sincerely doubt any more work is going to be done to scenarios.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

even with the double AP weekend event, i don't care enough to log in.
aka i hit that Blue Mountain brick wall people were talking about last page.

why are the Ak'ab so tedious?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

flea posted:

Skip issue 8. I thought I might enjoy it since I actually enjoy grinding, but the entire scenario system is completely awful. Maybe if there was more than just wave defense but now that Tokyo is out I sincerely doubt any more work is going to be done to scenarios.

Nonono they were waiting until after Tokyo before doing more. So we have like...a year if I'm being generous before we'll see more.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I've been drinking a lot and I want to run dungeons, why the hell did half of the TSW goons go offline from Steam 4 minutes ago

**ESPECIALLY YOU, ZEPHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

tuluk posted:

even with the double AP weekend event, i don't care enough to log in.
aka i hit that Blue Mountain brick wall people were talking about last page.

why are the Ak'ab so tedious?

I don't get akkab hate. Sure they are annoying but there are maybe 3 missions involving them. If you are stuck with the league of monster slayers, there is a very simple way to beat it. Instead of going straight to the treehouse from the quest giver, backtrack to the entrance to the map and go from the north east along the mountains. For some reason it's much easier, mission becomes almost trivial.

Otacon posted:

Wow, you oldtimers had to pay for issue 3? I given in and baought all the content except venice and happy I did. It really wrapped up things in Egypt, now in the middle of Transylvania wrap up. Regarding cost - you are best off buying 6000 points for 50 eur. I bought everything except Venice and Tyler Freeborn (which I got with starting bonus points). With 30 % bonus it was enough to get issues 6,7,9 and all sidestories and still around 1800 left so you can buy other crap or save it for next issue when and if it is released.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 12, 2014

• Locked thread