Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Having kershaw give up a dinger to that romping fatass proves there is no god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

For the O's, postseason tickets are not included with season tickets. Instead you get the -opportunity- to buy ahead of the public sale; that advance sale was on Tuesday and was mostly sold out within 2 hours, with everyone else stuck behind a queue of error messages (I finally got through and snagged some upper deck game 7 tickets after 21 hours).

Presumably a good portion of them were all reserved in advance for corporate partners, players & families, and promotions, and I think a certain percentage was reserved for the public sale before any went on sale as well. Here's the problems with the season ticket holder presale: 1) There's more holders than seats, due to 13 and 29 game plans; 2) There's more holders than seats, because it included 2014 holders as well as people who put down 2015 deposits; 3) A 13-game deposit for 2015 was $250 and the markup on most stubhub seats is a lot more than that, so even if the scalpers didn't go ahead and get 2015 season tickets as well (which they probably are doing) they'll come out ahead.

Also there's just such a huge disparity between supply and demand. With any luck maybe the same thing will happen with Friday's/Saturday's games as did with the ALDS - people who can't make it start dumping tickets by the bucketload an hour before gametime and end up below face value on stubhub. If I had any kind of smart device I would've ordered tickets from the train.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Der Meister posted:

Giving a nation hope

We tortured some Dodger folks.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Whodat Smith-Jones posted:

So are scalpers buying season tickets then? Sorry, I have no idea how scalpers work under these situations.

From what I was told they dump alot to scalpers during the season and apparently into the postseason. There are rows and rows of seats available in some sections.

I managed to get a ticket to Game 2 through my season ticket plan. No luck on the presale. A friend is taking me with his extra to Game 1. I was in a 7 hour queue to get more tickets Tuesday in the presale with no luck. I was able to get 1 for Game 7 yesterday morning. Had to go to general public sale today to try for Game 6 to no avail.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fear not, Victims of Widespread Institutional Racism, a baseball team that wins a lot has won some more. Your trouble is over.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Hope is a false promise without dingers. The nation wants dingers.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Der Meister posted:

freezingprocess
Mar 25, 2005

Der Meister posted:

He used to be a home run generating machine. A fat home run generating machine, but none-the-less, a stud.

Go cards.

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

Roflex posted:

If I had any kind of smart device I would've ordered tickets from the train.

I was gonna take the MARC from DC instead of renting a car for the day if I was able to get a ticket. Maybe I should just do that and see how StubHub looks on the way up

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That'd be awesome if I wasn't living in DC with no car :gonk:

If the WS ends up Cards/Os I will probably break my "Don't go to postseason games and root for the road teams" rule since I have enough Os fans friends that we'd all be cool with one another and drink beers and stuff.

If this happens, I will PM you; there's always room for 1 more.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So are scalpers buying season tickets then? Sorry, I have no idea how scalpers work under these situations.

I think you're grossly underestimating how fast limited quantities of tickets will sell.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ

Der Meister posted:

There is a god and his name is eternal darkness and suffering. Go Cardinals! Bathe in the blood of the nonbelievers!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Royals/O's in a nutshell:

quote:

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, this is the first meeting in an LCS or World Series between two teams that finished in the bottom five in the majors in walks since divisional play began in 1969.

quote:

"We tee high and let it fly," Jones said. "That's been our motto. Sometimes it's good and sometimes we look crazy for six or seven innings. But it's helped us get to this point, so we're not gonna change."

quote:

"I try to hit a home run every time," [Delmon] Young told the New York Times. "I try to pull it every pitch."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11665934/kansas-city-royals-baltimore-orioles-doing-things-differently

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Orioles gonna sweep the Royals and then get blown out by the Giants in the World Series.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Professional #8 Hitter/Beard Grower

Rand alPaul posted:

Orioles gonna sweep the Royals and then get blown out by the Giants in the World Series.

Yes but in what hilarious fashion? 6,7,8 Giants hitters hitting 2 dingers every game? 4 errors on the CF in one game? How??

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Storm posted:

Yes but in what hilarious fashion? 6,7,8 Giants hitters hitting 2 dingers every game? 4 errors on the CF in one game? How??

Ssory Wei-Yin

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

FairGame posted:

Ssory Wei-Yin

Cody Ross forever a legend.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

I think Delmon told ESPN that he 'tries to hit the foul pole' every time, which I think is pretty funny.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Is there an Earl Weaver statue with the inscription "pitching, defense, and three-run homers"? There should be.

I'd also accept YOU'RE HERE TO gently caress US!

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
who cares about the playoffs

Dan "Dickshot" Johnson is becoming a knuckleballer

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Crimson Sox posted:

IM MORE DOWN WITH THIS THAN IVE EVER BEEN DOWN ABOUT ANYTHING

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Crimson Sox posted:

Yesssssssssssss

Whodat Smith-Jones
Apr 16, 2007

My name is Buck, and I'm here to fuck

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you're grossly underestimating how fast limited quantities of tickets will sell.

Possibly. I knew they'd go fast. Just didn't think it'd be that fast.

FairGame posted:

If the WS ends up Cards/Os I will probably break my "Don't go to postseason games and root for the road teams" rule since I have enough Os fans friends that we'd all be cool with one another and drink beers and stuff.

If this happens, I will PM you; there's always room for 1 more.

Sounds good. I'd definitely be down for that.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Storm posted:

Ok the Cardinals and Giants will go seven. San Francisco will eliminate St. Louis in the most heartbreaking of fashion -- Wainwright will throw batting practice in an emergency start and Yadier Molina will come out of the closet and openmouth kiss Brandon Phillips.

Giants starters will be so taxed that Tim Lincecum starts game one of the World Series and no-hits Baltimore. Joaquin Arias and Gregor Blanco will hit multiple home runs throughout the series. Nelson Cruz will go hitless and have 2 fielding gaffes.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

At what point does Chris Davis' suspension end? It's theoretically during the optional games of the ALCS, no? Is he worth rostering?

e: nevermind, apparently Buck made this decision about an hour ago. He's not eligible until Game 6 (or Game 1 or 2 of the WS depending on how many games the team plays), and so he won't go on the roster until maybe next round.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

the popes toes posted:

Teams nowadays, they can't help it. It's that smug loving bird. It's mesmerizing and intimidating. The O's come out of the dugout, and the other guys see that loving cartoon bird, they see it and they just know. They hate that loving cartoon. That's an edge.

Ways back, but this is interesting http://toddradom.com/frank-cashen-fresh-up-freddie-and-the-birth-of-the-orioles-cartoon-bird

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Y'all know you want Cartoon Bird officially licensed World Series merchandise

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Y'all know you want Cartoon Bird officially licensed World Series merchandise

I don't know; I'm a little too old to properly enjoy Fredbird stuff. But, you know. Whatever floats your boat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rand alPaul posted:

Ok the Cardinals and Giants will go seven. San Francisco will eliminate St. Louis in the most heartbreaking of fashion -- Wainwright will throw batting practice in an emergency start and Yadier Molina will come out of the closet and openmouth kiss Brandon Phillips.

Giants starters will be so taxed that Tim Lincecum starts game one of the World Series and no-hits Baltimore. Joaquin Arias and Gregor Blanco will hit multiple home runs throughout the series. Nelson Cruz will go hitless and have 2 fielding gaffes.

Don't stop I'm almost there

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Spoeank posted:

Don't stop I'm almost there

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bruce-bochy-best-manager-san-francisco-giants-baseball/

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
A gay kiss. Epic ownage

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Groucho Marxist posted:

A gay kiss. Epic ownage

I think it's more for "The Best Fans in Baseball" outrage it would produce.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So, which NL team is less detestable? Is Even Year Bullshit worse than Cardinals Bullshit?

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
BusinessWeek put together this ranking of every baseball umpire by ball-and-strike calls missed:

http://www.businessweek.com/graphics/baseballs-worst-call-of-the-day/#/umpires/ranking/2014

In related news, Joe West is the ALCS crew chief.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
My dad got a hold of tickets to game 5. Redbirds, do me a solid and show up for precisely 1 game this series.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

My dad got a hold of tickets to game 5. Redbirds, do me a solid and show up for precisely 1 game this series.

Bumgarner gonna throw to third just for your dad BearDrivingTruck.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Bumgarner gonna throw to third just for your dad BearDrivingTruck.

I'm going too (hopefully).

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Bumgarner gonna throw to third just for you BearDrivingTruck.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Bumgarner gonna throw to third just for you BearDrivingTruck.

Wait, why 3rd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Wait, why 3rd?

Game 3 outcome joke :v:

Apparently it was not very good.

• Locked thread