Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

If your deck is 40 spells you'll never be mana flooded again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Elyv posted:

A), screw Sheldon Menery and screw EDH

So was it his hard glare or the raspy voice that gave you the hots for him?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
These suggestions are all really good guys keep them coming.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I Love You! posted:

These suggestions are all really good guys keep them coming.

Mana weaving is a good idea too.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

I Love You! posted:

I'm not certain I follow but I'm going to read some articles and see if I can find some examples to work with

Look for articles by Alex Bertoncini.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Table shuffle your Online Draft deck. :v:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Magic: the Gathering: playing at a PTQ, winning rounds 1 and 2, then mulling to 5 4 games in a row due to not having enough lands playing an 18 land deck.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

So was it his hard glare or the raspy voice that gave you the hots for him?

yes

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

If you wanted it you should have put a (sol) ring on it.

Ban sol ring (and mana crypt)

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

I Love You! posted:

Having 11 lands by turn 11 of a game in draft is generally not a good sign. Having 11 lands by turn 11 of the next game is probably also not good. I think I need to change up my strategies because this one just isn't working out. Any suggestions that don't involve tearing off my own hands? I don't think I need them anymore.
Mana Weave, then shuffle. It doesn't have to be truly random, just random enough that you have no idea what you are drawing. Let your opponent shuffle for you just for the extra blindness.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Just pulled a Sarkhan on modo. Is it safe to assume that he will make huge waves at the PT and should go up a bit? 23 tickets is pretty good but I don't wanna hold onto it only for him to underwhelm and drop.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

meanolmrcloud posted:

Just pulled a Sarkhan on modo. Is it safe to assume that he will make huge waves at the PT and should go up a bit? 23 tickets is pretty good but I don't wanna hold onto it only for him to underwhelm and drop.

If it was safe to assume that then he'd already be higher. If I had to guess I'd say he'll stay close to where he is now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

meanolmrcloud posted:

There really isn't much room for him to go up....

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

meanolmrcloud posted:

It's not safe to assume anything about the PT. Also Sarkhan is currently like, the most expensive card in Standard so even if he performs amazingly the price probably won't rise. He's as in-demand as he'll ever be right now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

The fucker is in a lot of decks and the pro tour is this weekend. Him going down isn't something that is going to happen in the next two weeks.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Sickening posted:

The fucker is in a lot of decks and the pro tour is this weekend. Him going down isn't something that is going to happen in the next two weeks.

I can see a metagame where he is marginalized and I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't do anything special at the PT. Then again, its hard to tell, which is why I don't spec on cards.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

meanolmrcloud posted:

I don't think he's the right color or card name to be making waves

mcmagic posted:

But his +1 gives him flying.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
on modo especially i would presume that he would go down, especially this early on with relatively few khans packs opened

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm riding on Necropolis Fiend making waves at the GP.

I have 30 kind of just sitting on my desk. Getting dusty.

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Probably not much of a difference either way. His price is already inflated, but there's an off chance he sweeps the top 8 and you make a little extra. MTGO prices don't move THAT quickly, so if you watch the PT and can make a reasonable call on his viability during coverage you'll be fine.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

meanolmrcloud posted:

My pre-release ended Sunday night at about 4 a.m. He was sitting at 40ish at 4am and I sold him for $24 at noon on Monday. He has room to move back up but demand has to climb to "just released and not available" levels to see that price again. Given how much khans is going to be drafted I might buy 1-2 to play with now but $25 is not a great spec price imo

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Honestly this early on after a set's release the right thing to do on MODO is sell everything you get because on average prices are much higher than they'll be even three weeks from now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

tgijsola posted:

Honestly this early on after a set's release the right thing to do on MODO is sell everything you get because on average prices are much higher than they'll be even three weeks from now.

This is the correct answer. The vast majority of cards go down from their initial price just after release.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

I'm riding on Necropolis Fiend making waves at the GP.

I have 30 kind of just sitting on my desk. Getting dusty.

Me too lol. Lets see how smart we are.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I Love You! posted:

Having 11 lands by turn 11 of a game in draft is generally not a good sign. Having 11 lands by turn 11 of the next game is probably also not good. I think I need to change up my strategies because this one just isn't working out. Any suggestions that don't involve tearing off my own hands? I don't think I need them anymore.

If you hold the lands in your hand instead of playing them, your opponent won't play anything because they'll know you have answers to it all. But the joke's on them; you can't even cast your spells because you have 11 lands in your hand! (Play Reliquary Tower obviously.)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tgijsola posted:

It's important to note that early on after release a lot of bot chains have ridiculously low buy list prices on cards with the intention of selling them for way more. Especially within the first week of release. Sell your cards to players.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think the solution to drawing 11 lands by turn 11 is to draft Shadowmoor Shadowmoor Eventide.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

rabidsquid posted:

It's important to note that early on after release a lot of bot chains have ridiculously low buy list prices on cards with the intention of selling them for way more. Especially within the first week of release. Sell your cards to players.

didnt trading not work for awhile on modo? Did they fix it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Molybdenum posted:

didnt trading not work for awhile on modo? Did they fix it?

Trading sometimes still crashes the client but can also work. Another fun new bug is you can run cards that aren't legal in pauper decks until the next client update. Enjoy your DEs with Hymn to Tourach legal!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rabidsquid posted:

Trading sometimes still crashes the client but can also work. Another fun new bug is you can run cards that aren't legal in pauper decks until the next client update. Enjoy your DEs with Hymn to Tourach legal!

Oh my good lord PLEASE let High Tide be legal. Apparently Hymn, Sinkhole and Strip Mine are.

4x High Tide, 4x Treasure Cruise, 20x Cantrips, bunch of free spells? Yes please.

e: High Tide is available, Frantic Search isn't. Presumably they can just update the banned list temporarily for an easy fix. Ahahahaha they're gonna let the Dailies go through like this aren't they.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 10, 2014

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hellsau posted:

Oh my good lord PLEASE let High Tide be legal. Apparently Hymn, Sinkhole and Strip Mine are.

4x High Tide, 4x Treasure Cruise, 20x Cantrips, bunch of free spells? Yes please.

e: High Tide is available, Frantic Search isn't. Presumably they can just update the banned list temporarily for an easy fix. Ahahahaha they're gonna let the Dailies go through like this aren't they.

Obviously they're spoilers that Fallen Empires is going to be released online.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

You know, I was out. I was clean and happy for like 6 months. I made Legend in Hearthstone, was working on a hobby game, I'd moved across the country and was meeting new people. I even ditched my old PC for a Macbook, just to keep temptation away. Times were good. But then I hear I should maybe try drafting KtK once. That it might be "my thing". From what I can tell, that was a week ago, but it's hard to say. All I know is I woke up this morning, face on my keyboard, to a virtual machine running the devil itself. There was a New Product dialog open with 8 Smoke Tellers, 4 Awaken the Bear, 8 packs, and a QP. I'm scared.

Edit: I'm in another draft now and I hate what I'm becoming.

rinski fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 10, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

rinski posted:

You know, I was out. I was clean and happy for like 6 months. I made Legend in Hearthstone, was working on a hobby game, I'd moved across the country and was meeting new people. I even ditched my old PC for a Macbook, just to keep temptation away. Times were good. But then I hear I should maybe try drafting KtK once. That it might be "my thing". From what I can tell, that was a week ago, but it's hard to say. All I know is I woke up this morning, face on my keyboard, to a virtual machine running the devil itself. There was a New Product dialog open with 8 Smoke Tellers, 4 Awaken the Bear, 8 packs, and a QP. I'm scared.

Don't be.
Embrace your devils and become them. :getin:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So this is a legal pauper deck on MTGO right now. Good times.

What should happen: they hotfix before the dailies tomorrow.

What might happen: they let this crazy stuff go through.

What probably will happen: they cancel Pauper dailies until this bug gets fixed, and then never fix it because gently caress me for playing Pauper.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

rinski posted:

Edit: I'm in another draft now and I hate what I'm becoming.

Sorry for your loss.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Hellsau posted:

What might happen: they let this crazy stuff go through.

What probably will happen: they cancel Pauper dailies until this bug gets fixed, and then never fix it because gently caress me for playing Pauper.
Maybe I'm blind, but how does the deck win? Draw your whole deck, make a million mana, then...attack with 4 Cloud of Faeries over 5 turns?

EDIT: That is, I see where the board cards come in because you rebuy Mind Sculpt over and over or whatever, but for game 1 do you just...hope they scoop?

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hellsau posted:

Hahahahaha

You get this done when Mindslaver gets unbroken. :colbert:

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Pro tip: If you Nemesis Wave for 6 and hit End Hostilities, put it on the stack after all the creatures. (Kenji just put it on the stack first and his reaction is golden, he's so deflated)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Boco_T posted:

Maybe I'm blind, but how does the deck win? Draw your whole deck, make a million mana, then...attack with 4 Cloud of Faeries over 5 turns?

EDIT: That is, I see where the board cards come in because you rebuy Mind Sculpt over and over or whatever, but for game 1 do you just...hope they scoop?

Use Ghostly Flicker repeatedly alongside Mnemonic Wall to cast all the Snaps you want. You have unlimited mana and your Cloud of Faeries are really easy to protect with Ghostly Flicker, so yeah you just attack 5 times and keep all your opponent's permanents off the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I wasn't sure what kind of finisher I wanted. Probably going to go down to 14 islands, add a cantrip and a Mind Sculpt as the finisher. Didn't want to put effort into it if it wasn't going to be playable tomorrow.

• Locked thread