Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Any other Ms Marvel fans should grab her team up with Spiderman.

Kamala, upon meeting Spidy instantly launches into questions on them being a thing briefly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Any other Ms Marvel fans should grab her team up with Spiderman.

Kamala, upon meeting Spidy instantly launches into questions on them being a thing briefly.

I assume Peter's general reaction is "Geez, kid, I went on one date with her!"

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gaz-L posted:

I assume Peter's general reaction is "Geez, kid, I went on one date with her!"

"Yes, we dated. Let's just leave it there. That's where she left it..."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"Yes, we dated. Let's just leave it there. That's where she left it..."

That woman has some rabid fans.

Kamala also think Spidy is a better choice than Wonder Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

Well, obviously.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SirDan3k posted:

Avengers Idea Mechanics

It only required them to get rid of the leadership! I love how Bobby just did what he did earlier in the series but on a larger scale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Well, obviously.

He's to into Wanda right now anyways.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Kamala's like 15, isn't Peter in his 30s? :gonk:

radlum
May 13, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

When has Wonder Man been a better choice than anyone else (unless you ship him with Beast, I guess)?

I liked the Ms. Marvel half of the issue, the Spider-Verse thing was OK, though seeing Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends beaten by Morlun wasn't the best companion for a silly funny team up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Kamala is a Captain (formerly Ms) Marvel fangirl. She's apparently shipping Peter with Carol because she heard they went out one time on account of, y'know, fangirl.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure Carol's biggset sex mistake is Simon.

Oh crap, Wanda, Carol, and he's inside of Rogue right now. poo poo, i'm Wonderman, as those are my 3 favorite marvel ladies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm pretty sure Carol's biggset sex mistake is Simon.

Oh crap, Wanda, Carol, and he's inside of Rogue right now. poo poo, i'm Wonderman, as those are my 3 favorite marvel ladies.

Not her rapist aka son?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

SALT CURES HAM posted:

When he was created in 1962, Peter was a teenager in college, so 19. If we go with the rule-of-thumb that 4 real years = 1 Marvel year, he's 32.

A dude posted:

When has Wonder Man been a better choice than anyone else (unless you ship him with Beast, I guess)?

Ewwww.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh, I thought the alternate pair she was talking about was Spidey with Wonderman!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gynovore posted:

When he was created in 1962, Peter was a teenager in college, so 19. If we go with the rule-of-thumb that 4 real years = 1 Marvel year, he's 32.

Ewwww.

That's not the rule, and Peter was in High School. Civil War stated he was fifteen, but I think most people say he was sixteen. Either way, he's about twenty seven or twenty eight, but you'll probably never get them to say it in a book. The rule for Marvel time is usually 12-13 years since Fantastic Four #1.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So we're past the point where Dr. Doom could've cried about 9/11?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

bobkatt013 posted:

It only required them to get rid of the leadership! I love how Bobby just did what he did earlier in the series but on a larger scale.

He's basically doing everything Stark did with putting the avengers team together but bigger and correctly. His real superpower is being a good businessman with people skills.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Didn't see this coming:

quote:

Marvel will publish a new "Secret Wars" by writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Esad Ribic as a year-long event starting in May 2015, the publisher revealed the Thursday night of New York Comic Con at an offsite event at Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. in Times Square. The story will commence at the conclusion of the currently running "Avengers" and "New Avengers" storyline, "Time Runs Out."
(more)

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Die Laughing posted:

That's not the rule, and Peter was in High School. Civil War stated he was fifteen, but I think most people say he was sixteen. Either way, he's about twenty seven or twenty eight, but you'll probably never get them to say it in a book. The rule for Marvel time is usually 12-13 years since Fantastic Four #1.

The 'four years = 1 year' thing isn't official in any way, but it's often a good rule of thumb for determining how old a character is now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Threep posted:

Didn't see this coming:

(more)

...OK? Um, will the Beyonder have a fauxhawk or cornrows this time round?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Threep posted:

Didn't see this coming:

(more)

Hickman and Ribic?! :woop:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Threep posted:

Didn't see this coming:

(more)

I am so happy right now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh my god dumb awful Heroes Reborn Hawkeye Who Is Actually Wolverine is in there

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Everyone vs. Everyone.

I get the feeling this could very well lead to the fabled Marvel reboot.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

E the Shaggy posted:

Never happen.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

E the Shaggy posted:

Everyone vs. Everyone.

I never understood why people think this is a thing. Marvel never reboots; they retcon, they rebrand, the relaunch, but they never reboot.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
By the way, I'm 99 percent sure the new Thor is Jane Foster.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

I never understood why people think this is a thing. Marvel never reboots; they retcon, they rebrand, the relaunch, but they never reboot.

From time to time they might want people to think they're rebooting, to drum up some attention/controversy. But I don't see it happening.

Threep posted:

Didn't see this coming:

(more)

I can't decide if the return of Obnoxio the Clown is the worst thing or the best.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I may have missed a few issues - the whole incursion storyline has largely avoided touching any preexisting Marvel alternate realities up to this point, hasn't it? (Supreme Power Earth wasn't numbered, IIRC, so it might just have been an alternate derivative.)

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

Everyone vs. Everyone.

Just like the end of his Avengers run was going to end in a reboot? It's not gonna happen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Kamala is a fan girl shipping Spidey and her idol Captain nee Ms. Marvel. And I'm pretty sure Spidey is officially less than 30.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Ewwww.

Spider-Man was 15 in 1962.

Edit: Possibly 16.

Double Edit: And definitely a high school student, get your Lee/Ditko education son.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Not her rapist aka son?

We don't talk about that. And it's not a mistake if it's non-consensual.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

Yeah, it's not like the New 52 has been such a rip-roaring sales and critical success that it's forcing Marvel's hand, or that there's some cancerous Ken Penders-esque tumor on the line that has to be excised.

The closest thing to a reboot the company's ever gone through is arguably Heroes Reborn, and even that was basically "We all came back and we're fine now. Let's never talk about that 'Crossing' poo poo ever again."

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

E the Shaggy posted:

By the way, I'm 99 percent sure the new Thor is Jane Foster.

But how would she come to the moon, where the hammer lies?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Decius posted:

But how would she come to the moon, where the hammer lies?

It's pretty obvious the All-Mother is making things happen so whoever is wielding Thor probably got some help getting there.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

radlum posted:

Are the rest of the Great Lakes Avengers/Initiative/whatever gonna be on the Squirrel Girl comic? I miss them and I have no idea what they have been doing these years.

I would like to request someone to pass on my request for an appearance from Sophia "Chat" Sanduval, thanks in advance.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Argue posted:

I would like to request someone to pass on my request for an appearance from Sophia "Chat" Sanduval, thanks in advance.

Careful, you don't want Slott to catch wind of her existence, or she'll make an appearance in Spider-Verse like Ms. Lion :stonk:.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Catching up on a few books...

Winter Soldier kinda sucked, the team-up of Bucky and Johnson seems like a good hook, but the setting is just not all that interesting so far. I don't think sticking Captain Marvel in space helped her at all, and I don't think it will help Bucky. The writing was pretty poor too, and I don't think the art helped at all.

The latest Black Widow was pretty cool though, although I don't really get why Nat asked Laura for help, or why Logan would ask Nat to look out for Laura. Do they have any history together? I guess since Logan's dead, she's the next best thing.

The art in the latest Elektra was...kinda bad. Elektra looks pretty :downs: in a few panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Natasha was the one who recruited Laura to Avengers Academy. It was in the final part of Marjorie Liu's X-23 run.

• Locked thread